Tri-Stat, dx

Talk about Tabletop Games to your heart's content. Anything and everything, as long as it's about Tabletop RPG's.

Moderators: hippie_mama, verdilak

Tri-Stat, dx

PostPosted by verdilak » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:37 am

ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Tri-Stat, dx

PostPosted by verdilak » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:41 am

Oh, and GoO's website is still good to find through Internet Archive.. most of their free downloads are still available

http://web.archive.org/web/200607130524 ... downloads/
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:43 am

and 2nd ed. BESM (not revised though)

http://www.geocities.com/magicpencil7/BESM2e.pdf.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Steve Dubya » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:58 am

You know, I just yesterday finally understood what the "dX" was an actual reference to.

I feel all sorts of slow.

I need to do some more reading through the PDF and bang some numbers around in my head, but I like what I've seen of it (again - I had initially taken a look at it about 2 1/2 years ago). I'm trying to figure if there's an easy-ish way of splitting the attributes a little finer (maybe a la WoD) while still keeping the vast majority of the system; obviously I need to figure out how to incorporate the additional CPs you would need for attribute purchases...
ImageCheck out my Risus Variant:Image
Savage Worlds of Darkness - a conversion from Monte Cook's World of Darkness to Savage Worlds
Steve Dubya
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Just one??

PostPosted by NulSyn » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:20 pm

Just use the Less Capable Defect....it really does work and doesn't affect the rules or costs one iota.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by Steve Dubya » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:03 pm

So I've managed to either trade for or buy cheap Silver Age Sentinels Deluxe, Dreaming Cities and The Authority RPGs.

Once I've gone through those (particularly The Authority, which from what I understand has the best explanations for both "Dynamic Powers" and "Power Flux") I'm thinkin' of offering to run a Nextwave-esque game. Anyone up for it?
ImageCheck out my Risus Variant:Image
Savage Worlds of Darkness - a conversion from Monte Cook's World of Darkness to Savage Worlds
Steve Dubya
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Just one??

PostPosted by verdilak » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:18 pm

I'm always up for a tri-stat game.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:21 pm

ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Return to General Tabletop Gaming