I have to ask... who else is a gun person here?

Backgammon, Baseball, Golf, Skating, and so on!

Moderators: verdilak, hippie_mama

I have to ask... who else is a gun person here?

PostPosted by verdilak » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:16 am

hippie and I have gotten into guns recently (purchased three in the span of just three weeks) and I am curious as to who else owns guns and why you have your guns.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: I have to ask... who else is a gun person here?

PostPosted by Starmage21 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:46 pm

I own two, and I want to own about 2 more.

I currently own a Springfield Armory XD-45 Subcompact. I've talked to Hippie via Facebook about it a little bit.

I've also got a mutt of an AR-15 with parts from all over the place in it. I'd have to get it out to tell you all the bits on it, but I can get my shots in the black at 300 yards with just a red dot mounted on it.

I'd like to own a semi-automatic shotgun, mag fed or tube fed doesnt bother me. I just dont want to be bothered to rack the thing.

At some point in the near future, I'll get a mosin nagant 91/30. Cant beat a cheap fun-gun for ~100 bucks.
Starmage21
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Palladium

PostPosted by verdilak » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:07 am

Do you carry it with you (either openly or concealed)? I ask just becuase I'm curious, heh. I know I openly carry my Ruger p95 every single day.

And thanks for the thoughts on the mosin nagant 91/30. I'm checking into it now! GunBroker.com has some great auctions.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.

PostPosted by Starmage21 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:55 am

verdilak wrote:Do you carry it with you (either openly or concealed)? I ask just becuase I'm curious, heh. I know I openly carry my Ruger p95 every single day.

And thanks for the thoughts on the mosin nagant 91/30. I'm checking into it now! GunBroker.com has some great auctions.

The state of Texas does not allow open carry, but it is a shall-issue state and it is very easy to get a concealed carry license. It is actually a criminal offense to be caught printing, but most of the police officers will stop you and offer advice for concealment instead.

The Mosin-Nagant, nicknamed "moist nugget" by the nutcases at 4chan is a freaking blast to shoot. Most of the time you can get surplus weapons that have been stored since they were created, and since it is bolt action you can shoot literally the cheapest ammo you can find and not worry. Can't beat the $100 price tag either.
Starmage21
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Palladium

Return to Sports & Hobbies!