Anyone want to play a supers game?

Have a game you want to run? Sending out feelers to see if there is any interest? Go ahead, ask and find players here.

Moderators: hippie_mama, verdilak

Anyone want to play a supers game?

PostPosted by verdilak » Tue May 03, 2011 9:10 pm

Thinking of running a supers game on fri or sat afternoons (noon thru 4-5pm or so)

Setting: Toronto. Everyone will start out as members of the same small-time band. Powers will be gained through the same accident at the same time. Will have to balance being supers and protecting the city with going to band gigs to try and make it with your music and by not getting fired, yet again, from another medium-wage job so that you guys can pay rent this month.

System: Tri-Stat dX.

Anyone up for it?
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Anyone want to play a supers game?

PostPosted by Throol » Tue May 03, 2011 9:12 pm

Yep. I wanna do a psychic powerhouse Vegan guitarist.
Throol
4th level Knight
4th level Knight

Favorite System: Earthdawn

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Tue May 03, 2011 9:13 pm

Meeee! I call the drummer.
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

Favorite System: Unisystem

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Tue May 03, 2011 9:16 pm

What's the power level and stuff?
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by verdilak » Tue May 03, 2011 9:19 pm

d8 game. 60 points to start out, with another 40 given to use for powers when the power-giving accident/even occurs.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Throol » Tue May 03, 2011 9:24 pm

What are the pre-powers stat and skill maximums?
Throol
4th level Knight
4th level Knight

PostPosted by verdilak » Tue May 03, 2011 9:29 pm

Normal human stuff. Skills are going to be between levels 1 and 3 at best.

Basically, d6 maxes (12 for stat and 3 for skills), but I dont really see anyone at higher than a 2 in music playing and a 6 or 8 in any given stat. You guys will be starting off with regular, everyone day joes who have visions of grandeur that they hope to get fulfilled through their musical ability.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Tue May 03, 2011 9:30 pm

if it's saturday, I could probably make it, I gotta work at 5 am on saturdays, so I might be a little sleepy but I'm certainly willing to try.
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!

Favorite System: Star Wars

PostPosted by verdilak » Tue May 03, 2011 9:35 pm

cool
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Throol » Thu May 05, 2011 11:11 am

I'm not sure I'm still into playing this. I want to play a supers game, but I want the supers part to be the main thing, not the band part. Just not feeling it.
Throol
4th level Knight
4th level Knight

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Thu May 05, 2011 12:01 pm

The supers part WILL be the main part. After we have powers, lol
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by verdilak » Thu May 05, 2011 3:45 pm

I think you missed the part, Throol, where you will be starting off normal for a session or more (prolly no more than 3, 5 max) before powers manifest. Its being done this way so as to showcase the conflicts that arise between doing what you WANT to do (band) and what you feel that you NEED to do (use your powers for good).
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Return to Game Recruiting