High Bandwith is not due to P2P

You like crafts? You like DIY? We do too! Post stuff you have made, found online that cools cool, or anything that deals with crafts and DIY!

Moderators: hippie_mama, verdilak

High Bandwith is not due to P2P

PostPosted by verdilak » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:06 pm

In other words, it's not P2P or tethering that mobile operators have to worry about, it's using mobile data in exactly the way it's advertised.

http://tech.slashdot.org/story/11/03/02/2027209/High-Bandwidth-Users-Are-Just-Early-Adopters wrote:"Cisco has released a whitepaper on mobile data usage which has some interesting data in it. The top 1% of users consume 20% of the bandwidth, but that share is down from 30% previously. 'Regular' users are catching up as they watch more video. High-bandwidth users of today will be relatively average users by 2015, so network operators should look to those users for insight in designing their future networks."
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: High Bandwith is not due to P2P

PostPosted by Zamion » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:12 am

we always have to warn people when they buy mobile internet from us , you cant use this for hulu or netflix your going to go over , ohhh i only watch a movie now and then......bill hits WTF!!!!! and i know i told them i tell everyone......
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

Favorite System: ahhhh shadowrun

Re: High Bandwith is not due to P2P

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:52 am

My phone has a fair use policy for it's internet usage, but I don't really watch any movies on it, at most I sometimes check a youtube video quickly. Mostly it's for websites and my e-mail's.
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!

Favorite System: Star Wars

Return to Crafts, DIY, and Technology!