Was Palladium your first RPG?

Talk about Tabletop Games to your heart's content. Anything and everything, as long as it's about Tabletop RPG's.

Moderators: hippie_mama, verdilak

Was Palladium your first RPG?

PostPosted by NulSyn » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:28 am

NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

Re: Was Palladium your first RPG?

PostPosted by NulSyn » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:43 am

Also there is a guy on RPGnet selling the 4E core gift set for $36 shipping included. That's a hell of a deal. http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=564301
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:40 am

NulSyn wrote:Tell grubman about it!

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=474586

Yessir.
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

PostPosted by Rayven » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:08 pm

I don't qualify. My first was Rifts.
STARE INTO MY EYES FOREVER
LET ME TAKE YOU IN MY ARMS
DANCE WITH ME OUT IN THE GARDEN
WHERE TOMORROW NEVER COMES
FOLLOW ME INTO THE DARKNESS
WHERE THE NIGHTMARES NEVER FADE
WHISPER DREAMS MY FALLEN ANGEL
FROM WHICH YOU WILL NEVER WAKE
Religion starts wars. Spirituality ends them

Rayven
Not a Platypus
Not a Platypus

Location: Cubicle greyness...I'm surrounded by false intelligence!
Favorite System: Any

PostPosted by Zamion » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:17 pm

my first was rifts too.....
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

Favorite System: ahhhh shadowrun

PostPosted by NulSyn » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:48 pm

There's a lot of people responding there who's first was other Pally games. So he still might be interested in your thoughts.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by verdilak » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:46 pm

Do I HAVE to admit it? Oh fine....
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.

PostPosted by Reddenedone » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:18 am

I'll tell you people, because I trust you.

My first was Robotech.... and I loved it.
Reddenedone
Forum Crafter
Forum Crafter

PostPosted by Starmage21 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:30 pm

I actually didnt get introduced to anything Palladium Books related until I had learned about FLGS and the amount of space that could be had there as a gamer meet-up joint.

I started with AD&D 2nd Edition (white books) at the age of 12 (15 years ago), moved from there to the Mechwarrior/Battletech combo. After that, I got into having the games for myself, and checked out the FLGS based on recommendation from one of the book guys where I got my first D&D books.

Wasnt til I was 15-16 that I got to check out Rifts. I played a Republic Cyborg Solder O.C.C. from Rifts: Japan. Shit was cash.
Starmage21
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Palladium

PostPosted by Chick » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:01 pm

Started with Palladium Books, not PF itself, have never really liked that system as far as fantasy goes, and I am a fantasy devotee. I was introduced to RPGs via TMNT & Other Strangeness at 11yrs.. and the full array of adventure books that came along with it circa 1990. I did love my Polar Bear meathead, and in After the Bomb my sneaky little Armadillo. But my true passion soon came that same year to D&D Basic Red Boxset.. Blue Expert.. Aqua 'Companion(?)'.. never got as far as the Master Box, I loved the Hollow World Setting. Soon after that time it was out from under my brother's wing nad a new group playing AD&D 2ndEd and alternating mixed Palladium games(N&SS, TMNT, HU Revised, BtS 1stEd), and a Cyberpunk game ran by my Ninjutsu Sensei once a week if I skipped school Friday mornings(of COURSE I did!). Seemed everywhere in life I stumbled into in that era had some connection to both PB and D&D on equal footing. Those days are dead. Only one group of real life friends play Palladium games and it's completely house rules, the mountains of books littlering a complete room in his house are merely reference manuals for the most part. Not that it's any different if you go to far with D&D3.5 or whatever, but I knew where to stop for what I needed when buying up on those, and a system I'll be happy to play continuously along with Star Wars Saga Ed. My PB collection while capturing peoples' hearts with some fancy covers like Nightbane and Rifts UE and After the Bomb(complete game), seems never to be more than a large shelf filler. When the covers are opened interest tends to deplete rapidly. Crap artwork, incomplete information, copy/pasted rules which haven't been corrected... you all know the reasons.
Chick
Darth Annoyus
Darth Annoyus

Favorite System: D&Dv3.5 & Star Wars Saga

PostPosted by Mierin » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:09 am

I started RPing in high school with Shadowrun.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Mierin
Forum Dominatrix
Forum Dominatrix

Return to General Tabletop Gaming