PbC Alternate History Game

Have a game you want to run? Sending out feelers to see if there is any interest? Go ahead, ask and find players here.

Moderators: hippie_mama, verdilak

Which would you play?

WWII Spies (your 1337 h4x0r can jam radio signals!)
33%
Civil War Supers (you're in a super low tech world but have a dude with radar powers who can predict guerrilla ambushes)
22%
Feudal Japan Ninja vs Samurai (heavy combat + spy drama)
33%
Other (specify below and i might add it to the poll)
11%

Total votes : 9

PbC Alternate History Game

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:09 pm

I'm thinking about giving the PbC thing another shot if i can rally some interest; help me figure out what you want to play, so we can blame it on the lack of players in general rather than bad ideas :P
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: PbC Alternate History Game

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:24 pm

I like the idea of either regular WW2, but I also like verd's idea of a hellboy like WW2 game, where we fight the Thule Society and all kinds of nasty critters and Nazi's with flamethrowers and big missile launchers!
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!

Favorite System: Star Wars

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:42 pm

I like the WW2 spies the best (especially since I am playing Saboteur right now lol)

I like the Civil War Supers if it was somewhat like the Alvin Maker series from Orson Scott Card: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tales_of_Alvin_Maker

The Ninja vs Samurai could be very cool... bit I feel that in order to do a character justice, I would really have to research how they interacted and whatnot... so I'm going with the WW2 Spies or Civil War Supers.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.

PostPosted by Zamion » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:28 pm

i voted for ninjas cuase they rule and samurais are pretty tits too, what day were you thinking?
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

Favorite System: ahhhh shadowrun

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:17 pm

I was going to put that one up to a vote too.

Sunday, any time after 8pm and ending whenever.

Monday, any time.

Tuesday, can start any time, but must end before 10pm central.

Wednesday-Saturday start any time after 2pm central but must end before 10pm central.
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:50 pm

Personally i could only do mondays currently, well wednesday and thursday is sorta possible, but that be kinda tight, starting at 2 I'd be able to play for four hours before id have to go to bed, and thats already kinda late. So it'd be far from ideal. European timezones probably wont be ideal for others anyway so we'll have to see if it works.
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!

Favorite System: Star Wars

PostPosted by Throol » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:34 pm

Mondays are semi-full for me now, as are Thursdays, everything else is open.
Throol
4th level Knight
4th level Knight

Favorite System: Earthdawn

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:14 pm

Huh. The poll is actually pretty close now. What if i ran all three on an alternating schedule? If you're only interested in one, you can just show up every third week. Might help with the general funk we've been in too to have several settings going on at once.
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:17 pm

Or i could run each one on a different day, but it would still only be every third week, cause my head will explode if i try to run 3 PbCs along with my 2 PbPs lol
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by verdilak » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:22 pm

I am more than cool with playing a game once every third week!
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.

PostPosted by Mel » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:27 am

I wouldn't mind actually playing again as well! Though most mondays through thursdays are iffy for me, I think saturday or sunday evenings would be ideal if I could put in my vote. All three settings appeal to me as well, making it a hard choice...though I am currently leaning towards the WWII era at the moment unless both are run on days I could make it, or just alternate weeks on a day I could make it. Have to see where that goes.
Mel
h4x0r
h4x0r

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:21 pm

I really need everyone who wants to play to vote for a day and time on the individual thread/s for each game they are interested in.
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

Return to Game Recruiting