Hello...and please help!

If you have questions about the site, need something (like personal forums), want something added to the site (like bbcodes or what ever), thank you's, ect.
Welcome Threads go here as well, so if you are new, come say hello!

Oh, and if you are wondering what the sound is when you are here, it's probably the chat which is at the bottom of every page :)

Click below to add our Active Topics RSS to the reader of your choice.

Moderators: hippie_mama, verdilak

Hello...and please help!

PostPosted by Aqua-Fish » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:59 am

hey everybody,
well...i'm new and wanted to say hello to all yall out there.

i've been on a few gaming sites before and they were pretty much localized to one genre and didn't do any "cross breed" gaming as an old friend of mine called it.

so with that said, i wanted to know if anyone had anygood adventure ideas for combining Rifts,Heroes Unlimited, and nightbane all rolled into one...with a little bit of ninjas and super spies thrown in for kicks and giggles...cause i have a game going this saturday at a friends house and im fresh outta ideas...lol
Aqua-Fish
1st Level Peasant
1st Level Peasant

Favorite System: multisystem
Security: NO

Re: Hello...and please help!

PostPosted by verdilak » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:04 am

Well, there is an idea in the HU GM's guide for combining Nightbane with HU. As far as N&SS and RIFTs, gotta really know more on how you are wanting to combine them all together (like are you just using the Rifts races and the martial arts from N&SS, or are you bringing in Rifts mecha and weapons and magic, or something else, ect.) before I can really give you any suggestions.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.

PostPosted by Aqua-Fish » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:48 pm

well we are using a custom system. the campaign that ive been doing will have characters up to level 60 (we basically lvl up to 15 first, and then i switch there exp table to the mega heroes exp table,roll for the mega hero bonuses,and from then on consider them to be of lvl sixteen,while using lvl one of the mega heroes.then for lvls 30 and beyond i just start the mega heroes table over again but multiply the base for each lvl by ten...so be lvl 60 you have like 34,000,000,000 exp depending on your starting class.) but for the time being i have a mystic item wielder,a magic weapon wielder,one mystically bestowed,one burster with mutant abilities, one adult dragon, and a demon...also all magically inclined characters are also nightbane....and i gave them dimensional teleport so the sky is the limit to what i can use in the game. right now they have access to rifts tech and space travel,and also time travel,but the time travel is to a random erra so they dont use that much,ever since the tragic loss of a teammate to a few dinosaurs... but the problem is,do to a HORRIBLY worded wish spell,they unleashed an unstoppable evil onto the mega-verse that travels to different dimensions eating worlds...and thats where the last game session ended...it's been two months and i still can't think of any new ideas of where to go with this(other than destroy the evil planet killer thingy).
Aqua-Fish
1st Level Peasant
1st Level Peasant

PostPosted by NulSyn » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:52 pm

Good gawds.......
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:58 pm

Eh, considering the ridiculous power level of what you're taking about here, you're going to have to have evil planet killers. Every session. Otherwise, what are they going to go up against? Black holes?
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

Favorite System: Unisystem

PostPosted by Aqua-Fish » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:20 pm

yea...i guess it is a little ridiculous...
but me and a few others i play with were just tired of trying to get a high combat campaign with ONLY 15 levels,to us it limited the raw power a character could have. i guess it would be on par with anime like the Dragon Ball series...you know,where the main charaters keep getting more and more powerful to protect life,and the evil guys have awesome, yet horrible attacks that could prolly destroy a planet or two.

but if anyone has any ideas of some fearsome,or ridiculous power combos i would like to hear about them...it'll really help me in my time o' need!
Aqua-Fish
1st Level Peasant
1st Level Peasant

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:06 pm

I don't know, i guess i'd have them fight giant mechas one day, super-stealth ninjas another--since they're already pretty much gods, all you can really do at this point is entertain them.
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by verdilak » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:24 pm

Aqua-Fish wrote:yea...i guess it is a little ridiculous...
but me and a few others i play with were just tired of trying to get a high combat campaign with ONLY 15 levels,to us it limited the raw power a character could have. i guess it would be on par with anime like the Dragon Ball series...you know,where the main charaters keep getting more and more powerful to protect life,and the evil guys have awesome, yet horrible attacks that could prolly destroy a planet or two.

but if anyone has any ideas of some fearsome,or ridiculous power combos i would like to hear about them...it'll really help me in my time o' need!

If you want DragonBall Z types of fights... I wouldnt use the Palladium system at all. Palladium is a system that tries to make combat gritty and realistic. I'd use a system that is made for DragonBall Z type of epicness in regards to combat: Tri-Stat dX and Wushu are two that come to mind. Plus, you want people to get to level 60 but in all of Palladium's game lines, every character is front-loaded... by that I mean everything seems to be given to characters at level 1 and then for the next 14 levels they get some piddling skills or abilities thrown their way.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by NulSyn » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:08 pm

The World of Synnibarr is Dragonball Z :)

And it goes from level 1-100
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by The Novastar » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:22 pm

NulSyn wrote:The World of Synnibarr is Dragonball Z :)

But not OVER 9000!!!
The Novastar
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Just One?

PostPosted by verdilak » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:34 pm

LOL!

And yeah, WoS is perfect for that brand of crazy you are trying to play.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Rayven » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:46 am

How about a Dragon Juicer who happens to also be a Cosmo Knight and a level 15 Ley Line Walker?

I mean, seriously dude. The only thing that even comes close to posing a challenge for your characters is a Warp Demon from Rogue Trader. Or maybe a battalion of Space Marines from Deathwatch.
STARE INTO MY EYES FOREVER
LET ME TAKE YOU IN MY ARMS
DANCE WITH ME OUT IN THE GARDEN
WHERE TOMORROW NEVER COMES
FOLLOW ME INTO THE DARKNESS
WHERE THE NIGHTMARES NEVER FADE
WHISPER DREAMS MY FALLEN ANGEL
FROM WHICH YOU WILL NEVER WAKE
Religion starts wars. Spirituality ends them

Rayven
Not a Platypus
Not a Platypus

Location: Cubicle greyness...I'm surrounded by false intelligence!
Favorite System: Any

PostPosted by Rayven » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:57 am

Seriously though, I don't know a single person who would WANT to play in a game that high powered. I mean, seriously. When your sperm can kill Galactus, there's no point because there's no challenge. When you can't think of a PLANET EATER strong enough to challenge your players, you've gone too far in my opinion.

Rayven
Not a Platypus
Not a Platypus

PostPosted by Aqua-Fish » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:55 am

yea, the dragon juicer thing just sounds great! lol

but yea,i like games with an epic scale too them,but they do get boring after a while. and in all honestly im trying to kill the party so i can move on to something else, cause its just too difficult to keep the story together. i also thought about just creating a pantheon, letting them join it, and have some of there future charters worship them or something. lol

but this isn't my favorite stile of play.
i actually have this other game where its a zombie apocalypse in my home town, and the players are playing as themselves, and we try to make it as "real" as possible, like one guy has a twitch...and his character has a twitch as well, or other sorts of randomness of there on personalities that gets them in a mess of trouble with the military around them and the zombies trying to eat them.

see though, one of my bigger problems now-a-days is the fact that i have 14 people in my group, and this is my first time as a GM...that and ALL my other friends DO NOT want to GM, so it put a lot of pressure on me to make a game that all 14 people will like.

i sorta split up the group into 2 groups of 7,but the scheduling for that is ridiculous...anyone have advise for down sizing?
Aqua-Fish
1st Level Peasant
1st Level Peasant

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:23 am

Oooooh your first time GMing? Mine was a disaster too. I ran Rifts and said "Sure, you can take stuff from any book!" Yeah...i never ran Rifts again, lol.

That is a really big group; my advice is to tell them that if no one else is willing to GM, you're going to have to split them into two groups, and run the games on an alternating schedule (one group plays every-other week rather than trying to run both every week). If you try to do both with the same frequency you're doing now, you're going to get burnt out. If some of your players don't understand, they can just play somewhere else, and that'll help solve your problem too :D
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by NulSyn » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:15 pm

The Novastar wrote:

But not OVER 9000!!!

Not in level, but it does have damage that can go into the millions.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by Rayven » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:41 pm

NulSyn wrote:
The Novastar wrote:

But not OVER 9000!!!

So does GURPS

Rayven
Not a Platypus
Not a Platypus

PostPosted by NulSyn » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:49 am

Rayven wrote:
NulSyn wrote:
The Novastar wrote:

But not OVER 9000!!!

So does GURPS

It does? I don't remember it ever having that much. Unless it was some sourcebook with world shattering starship missiles or something. In Synnibarr normal rockets and such do millions, but at the same time Armor protects in the 'tenths' so 1,000,000 damage against a Giant with good armor will be 4 tenths making the total damage that gets through armor 100 points.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by Aqua-Fish » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:23 am

wow...ill look into that...

i would love to see the face my friends make when i say,"oh...and the bomb did 1,000,000 points of damage! so hows your new character coming along?"

so,how can i join in a PbP? i've never done that before and it sound kinda cool.
Aqua-Fish
1st Level Peasant
1st Level Peasant

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:17 pm

Aqua-Fish wrote:so,how can i join in a PbP? i've never done that before and it sound kinda cool.

Find one you're interested in and send the GM a message. They'll tell you if it's an active game, if they're taking new players, and if so, point you in the right direction for making a character.
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by Aqua-Fish » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:30 pm

awesome, thanks :s_biggrin
Aqua-Fish
1st Level Peasant
1st Level Peasant

PostPosted by The Novastar » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:05 pm

hippie_mama wrote:Oooooh your first time GMing? Mine was a disaster too. I ran Rifts and said "Sure, you can take stuff from any book!" Yeah...i never ran Rifts again, lol.

I've always run it with the caveat "You can play anything you like, but remember: I devise the villians based off the most powerful person in the group."

Pisses the group off royally, when they all show up with Coalition soldiers, and that one player brings his Demigod Mystic Kuynza... :diablo:
The Novastar
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Just One?

PostPosted by Zamion » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:23 pm

ok so you need massive combat your using pally rules, I give the old ones they have been resurected by the spulgorth, and are in legue with the aliens of zong or what ever from 3 galaxies....heres the deal you have to raid all the levals of dyval to get to the circle magic spell of legend that will put one to sleep, toth is sadly asleep agin and the dragon gods for some reason are pissed off at you. the next circle to put the next old one to sleep is at the heart of hell , the splugorth are using their full armada's the dyvals and demons are using their full powers none of this run in and attack crap they are using their traits to the max, the old ones are creating new subserbant races and having them as cannon fodder....rember the olds made dragons. so these new races are uber tougher than the last set no more making elves for these guys, once you put the two to sleep from the hell and dyval circles the remaining old ones wake up toth and make him evil agin, all of them merge into a mega old one now know as "The Darkness" the powers it has is that off all the old onesx2. this kinda pisses off the cosmo knights and they are mad at you for cuasing them to merge like this. so they two are now after you....... the party must now go to the core of kormath the destroyer the world eating demon planet, half of the circle is their the other half is on woormwood in the core of that living planet. the words that must be spoken are on nightbanes shadow world where the dark princes and kings reside. all this and a diminsional out break of vampires to gum up the works is in the works the only thing that can make it worse just happend and that is the players are now sdc due to a fumble ( no chance of it not working ) due to one of the magic sleep circles. the tree of woe is where they need to go and get the answers to their plight but the northern gods are having none of that and sadly ragnoroc has started their also , and a virus has infected the world tree and it is slowly turning to evil so time is of the essence.........fill in any gaps with huge massive swarms of mechinoids . ohhhh and centers promethions have sold all their tech to the dominators so now they truely are the badest mother fuckers out their........this is a less over the top scenario than what you are running but its about all you can throw at your uber gods your players have become. .......questions comments not powerfull enough well add a few 4th diminsional beings into the mix 4th diminsional gods that is. theirs one as kinda a go to in the pantheons of the megaverse book. rember no dragon is gonna not port out if low on points and no god will fight to the death with out all avenues of support are cut off, might have to take out large swaths of their followers

serriusly man thats not epic its power gaming gone to far.
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

Favorite System: ahhhh shadowrun

PostPosted by Zamion » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:33 pm

also the Arkhons from south america two, they are a major force and there are i think less than 10k of them imagine their home diminsion and now pretand what crashed here on earth was just a scouting party, think what their main battle frigates and carriers would be like think of a battle ship sized tri beam cannon. think what would happen if one of the most powerfull charecters fails his roll and becomes the minnon of the old ones the carrnage would be imminse
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

Favorite System: ahhhh shadowrun

Return to Help Desk