[Official] 2nd Annual Wintereenmas: Secret Gamer

Talk about Tabletop Games to your heart's content. Anything and everything, as long as it's about Tabletop RPG's.

Moderators: hippie_mama, verdilak

[Official] 2nd Annual Wintereenmas: Secret Gamer

PostPosted by verdilak » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:59 pm

This is the Official 2nd Annual Wintereenmas Secret Gamer thread. Wintereenmas, if you don't have it seared into your gamer soul already, lasts from January 25th to 31st each year. See the following thread for our 1st Annual Secret Gamer thread: topic3782.html

$20 max like list year (unless you are loaded and want to be generous) for gifts should be fine. Shipping is included in that or not, depending on your situation.

If you want in, say so in this thread. Also, PM me the following:

name you want it sent to (real name, username, other fake name)

address

if you would be open to sending a gift to someone outside of the US (can't forget our foreign members here)

and a wish list (homemade items, used rpg's, new rpg's, console games, food items, Amazon wish list, ect.)

I think it would be more interesting if packages are sent anonymously, i.e. no return address so that you have to guess where it came from (or you can purposefully give a fake address to throw them off), though it has been mentioned that some post offices might not take packages sent anonymously. So it will have to be up to you how you want to address it.

Also wish lists can be posted in public as well if you want. That way everyone can help to try and guess who sent what to whom. Not required, but it could make this more fun.

I'm accepting PM's and entrants until December 15th to state if they are in and to PM me the details. This gives everyone 2 weeks to decide if they want in and to see what type of items they would like to put on their wish lists. I hope a good number of people decide to do this.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: [Official] 2nd Annual Wintereenmas: Secret Gamer

PostPosted by verdilak » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:19 pm

Just to start this off right, I am in.

Oh, and here's my Amazon Wishlist: http://amzn.com/w/2YB75ECXNQ7PI (used items are perfectly acceptable)
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:21 pm

I'll join again, i'll make a list of what I want at some point..
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!

Favorite System: Star Wars

PostPosted by Rayven » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:43 pm

I would like to, but don't know what all I can afford
STARE INTO MY EYES FOREVER
LET ME TAKE YOU IN MY ARMS
DANCE WITH ME OUT IN THE GARDEN
WHERE TOMORROW NEVER COMES
FOLLOW ME INTO THE DARKNESS
WHERE THE NIGHTMARES NEVER FADE
WHISPER DREAMS MY FALLEN ANGEL
FROM WHICH YOU WILL NEVER WAKE
Religion starts wars. Spirituality ends them

Rayven
Not a Platypus
Not a Platypus

Location: Cubicle greyness...I'm surrounded by false intelligence!
Favorite System: Any

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:14 pm

Rayven, you dont HAVE to afford anything beyond shipping... unless you decided to send something electronic, in which case, not even that. Like, Red might send out artwork or dice bags (like she did last year I believe).
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Reddenedone » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:26 pm

verdilak wrote:Rayven, you don't HAVE to afford anything beyond shipping... unless you decided to send something electronic, in which case, not even that. Like, Red might send out artwork or dice bags (like she did last year I believe).

Is it bad if I can't remember what I sent last year?... but yes, a dice bag is almost assuredly included.
Reddenedone
Forum Crafter
Forum Crafter

PostPosted by Chick » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:14 pm

I can send kangaroo scrotum dice bags to anyone interested lol.. some here know it to be true
Chick
Darth Annoyus
Darth Annoyus

Favorite System: D&Dv3.5 & Star Wars Saga

PostPosted by Rayven » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:23 am

verdilak wrote:Rayven, you dont HAVE to afford anything beyond shipping... unless you decided to send something electronic, in which case, not even that. Like, Red might send out artwork or dice bags (like she did last year I believe).

"afford" for me doesn't mean money, but time (as in, my work schedule hates the post office). Go ahead and put me down though, and I'll make it work.

Rayven
Not a Platypus
Not a Platypus

PostPosted by verdilak » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:18 pm

Ahh, I get that. I typically sleep through post office hours.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Rayven » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:26 pm

Chick wrote:I can send kangaroo scrotum dice bags to anyone interested lol.. some here know it to be true

That both intrigues and frightens me.

Rayven
Not a Platypus
Not a Platypus

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:36 pm

verdilak wrote:Ahh, I get that. I typically sleep through post office hours.

Me too

oh wait....
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!

PostPosted by verdilak » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:45 pm

Rayven wrote:
Chick wrote:I can send kangaroo scrotum dice bags to anyone interested lol.. some here know it to be true

That both intrigues and frightens me.

He's sent me, what? Two kangaroo scrotums I think...
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Rayven » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Official wish list (and yes, used is fine for books and such):
RPGs
Dark Ages Cthulhu
AFMBE: Argh! Thar Be Zombies
AFMBE: Band of Zombies
Any supplements for Call of Cthulhu 5th edition (I have the core)

Other games
Tishai (cheapass games' chess variant - if you can find it)

Books and movies
Any of the George Romero flicks (much as I love them, I don't own any)
Have Space Suit, Will Travel by Robert Heinlein

Misc

A Dice coffin
Art of any kind
Hilden's autograph on a Wheaties box
Any other misc stuff
Last edited by Rayven on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rayven
Not a Platypus
Not a Platypus

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:04 am

I'll send you a PM with my address and list today or tomorrow, since it's getting kinda late.
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!

Return to General Tabletop Gaming