Won a Wed err.. Red Wii

Wii Gaming, Games, Gameplay, ect.

Moderators: hippie_mama, verdilak

Won a Wed err.. Red Wii

PostPosted by NulSyn » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:07 am

So I just won a 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Mario Red Wii. I am very excited, but alas it will not be here till a couple of weeks into November.

For those of you who have one what's the best games for it? It comes with Wii Sports and New Super Mario Wii. Rayven has already suggested the Lego Star Wars Complete Saga and some of the other Lego games. What else?
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

Re: Won a Wed err.. Red Wii

PostPosted by verdilak » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:41 am

Lucky bastard!
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

PostPosted by NulSyn » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:59 am

verdilak wrote:Lucky bastard!

I've won so much stuff online and in contests now, my parents are making me buy power ball and mega million tickets. :s_rofl :s_cool
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by verdilak » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:31 pm

LOL!!
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

PostPosted by Rayven » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:48 pm

I'm going to agree with my recommendation of Lego Star Wars Complete Saga. I'd say also pick up a copy of Wii Play if for no other reason than Wii Bowling (100 pin bowling is actually harder than it sounds). I've got the Overlord game for the Wii, but actually wouldn't recommend it. Good story, wonky graphics. I know there is a Silent Hill and a Resident Evil on the Wii, but don't know how gameplay is on them, since I haven't played those yet.
STARE INTO MY EYES FOREVER
LET ME TAKE YOU IN MY ARMS
DANCE WITH ME OUT IN THE GARDEN
WHERE TOMORROW NEVER COMES
FOLLOW ME INTO THE DARKNESS
WHERE THE NIGHTMARES NEVER FADE
WHISPER DREAMS MY FALLEN ANGEL
FROM WHICH YOU WILL NEVER WAKE
Religion starts wars. Spirituality ends them

Rayven
Not a Platypus
Not a Platypus

Location: Cubicle greyness...I'm surrounded by false intelligence!
Favorite System: Any

PostPosted by NulSyn » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:38 am

My brother decided to buy a Black Wii for his room and some games, so now we have Wii Sports Resort, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Zelda: Twilight Princess, LEGO SW Complete Saga, and LEGO Batman. Apparently my 'Major Award' also comes with Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 on top of Wii SPorts and New Super Mario Wii, which I didn't realize till a few days ago. :)
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by Chick » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:41 pm

Super Mario Galaxy II & Resident Evil 4 are my clear standout games on Wii, Zelda had me hooked but three times too often had to go to internet walkthroughs to get past something that should have been simple.. so I got the shites with it. Super Mario Wii is great too, and the Mario Kart is what you'd expect it to be. I had a friend lend me his 40+ game collection and seriously I hated every other game he had other than those I mentioned.. especially the Force Unleashed games.. too much screwing around with the motion sensor use in gameplay, and not enough gameplay

Otherwise my friend raves about Metroid, but he has Guitar/DJ/Rockstar Hero fetishes so I won't vouch for Metroid myself
Chick
Darth Annoyus
Darth Annoyus

Favorite System: D&Dv3.5 & Star Wars Saga

PostPosted by NulSyn » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:53 pm

The Wii Sports/Resort/Play etc... stuff is fun as hell. I especially like the bowling and frisbee golf. The LEGO games are fun too, and funny. I watched my brother play Zelda, and it looked really slow starting out, but I didn't watch a whole lot beyond him getting the slingshot and fishing pole.

I am surprised at how good the Wiimote actually is. I was expecting it to be 'gimmicky' but in reality it responds excellently, and in the case of the Sports games, realistically to my movements. I am impressed. My experiences in the past had been in game stores; where I figure the wiimote was wore out or too close to the sensors. Still waiting on all the Mario games; I am really looking forward to them!
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

Return to Wii