Friday, December 19

Moderators: verdilak, hippie_mama

Friday, December 19

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:00 pm

[Loretta]

Loretta eats breakfast, gets dressed, and gets into Eric's car just like any other morning. Once they've cleared the driveway though, she slips her notebook into Eric's bag and asks him to turn in some of her more important homework for her, and to drop her off at a midpoint between the house and school.
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Friday, December 19

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:46 pm

[Eric]

He watches her leave and frowns, feeling torn about his decision, but decides not to worry about it anymore at the moment, he's made his decision and told her he'd help, can't go back on his word now.
So he heads off back to school to turn in his own and her assignments, and then have just a normal day at school.

[Allison]

Allison get's up on time, makes everyone breakfast and then watches the kids leave for school and Trent for work, before closing the house and heading off to her own work, making sure to take along the Christmas lists, planning to stop by some of the stores on her way home.
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Friday, December 19

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:08 pm

[Loretta] *gets out of Eric's car, steps over to the curb, and wonders where the hell she was supposed to meet this guy*
[GM] You hear a familiar truck's rumble a good block or two away, sounding as though it is coming from one of the side streets.
[GM] It also sounds as if it is just parked, not moving.
[Loretta] *sighs and walks that way*
[GM] Lo and behold, it is Harry's truck sitting at a stop sign on a low-traffic side street.
[Harry] *looks out at you walking towards him* "Wondered if you would go through with it."
[Loretta] "'Course i did. If i didn't, you'd just turn up somewhere else and bug me."
[Harry] *chuckles* "Yeah, I would." *he tosses out a spent cig and opens the door for you* "Hop in."
[Loretta] *gets in and throws herself heavily into the seat*
[Harry] *puts the truck into drive and casts a side-long glance at Loretta* "Oh, don't pretend you don't like this. School is not what you really want to be doing."
[Loretta] "So? This isn't all that much better."
[Harry] "Then by all means, go back to school. If you don't think you have more to learn, that is. Things like being able to sense vampires..." *casts a knowing glance at Loretta*
[Loretta] *rolls her eyes* "I'm only here 'cause i'm bored of school, and you seem to be ok with me breaking stuff--speaking of, have you checked in on that Mike guy any?"
[Harry] "Yup. He doesn't remember anything about the wreck and is drugged up enough to tell the nurses of all his perverted dreams."
[Loretta] "That's good. Er...the first part, i mean."
[Loretta] "So how soon you think the vamp population will recover?"
[Harry] "This little town right now is a mecca for the vamps and other nasties, since its extremely hard for the psychics the Watchers use to find them here. Hence why I am here. But, if what I have seen comes to pass... " *he shakes his head, not even wanting to contemplate that line of thought*
[Loretta] "Well, we're in the right place for now then i guess. So what's up for today?"
[Harry] "Teaching you more advanced moves. You'll need them if you want to stop the blond bitch from going public."
[Loretta] "Pfft, my moves are the best part!"
[Harry] "Really? We will see if you still feel the same after going toe to toe with me."
[Loretta] *snickers* "Bring it on, old man."
[Harry] "And don't get me wrong, you are good... but not as good as you could be. As good as you need to be."
[Loretta] "You don't seem to be properly impressed by the fact that i can take on seven vamps at once. I've met slayers that have never SEEN a vamp!"
[Harry] *grumbles* "That blond slayer and her witch really screwed the pooch in making all the potentials into full-blown slayers."
[Loretta] "Yeah, yeah, you've already said that!"
[Loretta] "So what do you think you're going to show me?"
[Harry] "That an old man like me can hold his own against you, which should make you worry about the other nasties that are out there and what they can do."
[Loretta] "We'll see..."
[Harry] *pulls up to a building that looks well lived-in* "Here we are..."
GM: The building looks like little more than a one room cabin built into a hillside.
Harry: *turns off the truck and goes up to open the door* "Well, what are you waiting for?"
Loretta: "Banjo music."
Harry: "I got me a funny one all right.." *shakes his head and goes inside*
Loretta: *follows*
GM: The inside is much larger than it appears from the outside and looks like it was built into the side of a cave.
Harry: *heads further into the building to a cleared off area that has a weapon rack, a punching bag, and a few other items that look well-used*
Loretta: "It's unassuming; i'll give you that much."
Harry: *chuckles* "Just the way i want it. Used to be a hot-spot for vamp nests until I decided to retire here and cut them off from using this place."
Harry: "And on the plus side, not even girl scouts bother me here."
Harry: *he takes off his threadbare jacket and rolls up his sleeves* "So, tell me, what type of training have you had? You fought well enough to make it clear you didn't just learn all fo that on your own."
Loretta: "My real Watcher was an MMA trainer."
Loretta: "I studied with him since i was, like, seven."
Harry: "Hmm.. and what happened to him?"
Loretta: "He got ganked real fast after the whole Slayer fiasco."
Harry: *shakes his head sadly* "Most of us did. End of the world shit often has that sort of backlash."
Loretta: *nods* "He wasn't real smart either--i think he got hit in the head too many times. He should have seen the guy coming, and i wasn't around for once."
Loretta: *shrugs, having nothing else to say about it*
Harry: *clears his throat, wondering if she will think about him in such an off-handed way sometime in the future* "Lets see how you do against me. Now, since we are only concerned about technique right now, it would be great if you held back on the strnegth department."
Loretta: *smirks* "No problem."
Harry: "Lets see how you start combat. Go!"
Loretta: *takes that to mean she's supposed to start, so leads in with a sweep kick, thinking to knock the old man down and make him rethink this* [2d8] => [5,2] = (7) vs 16
Harry: [2d8] => [2,6] = (8) vs 12
Harry: *kicks your foot out of the way of the attack* "You dont wait to feel out your opponent?"
Loretta: "You said 'go!'"
Harry: "That I did. But you should always hold and wait for the vamp to attack you first. This gives you leverage over him." *he strike out with an arm, intending to tap you on the shoulder* [2d8] => [3,3] = (6) vs 14
Loretta: *turns her shoulder to try and make him miss by a little [2d8] => [6,7] = (13) vs 14
Loretta: "Yeah, but surprise is never a bad thing either."
Harry: "Surprise is good, but next time, try to grab my arm and throw me. That will be quite the surpise to any vamp and will give the vamp something to fear. Namely, you."
Loretta: "Hmph." *attempts a bodyslam* [2d8] => [1,7] = (8) vs 16
Harry: *attempts to sidestep* [2d8] => [7,5] = (12) vs 13
Harry: *throws two jab out at Loretta in a quick manner* [2d8] => [1,6] = (7) vs 15 [2d8] => [1,4] = (5) vs 13
Loretta: *parries the first out of the way [2d8] => [4,3] = (7) vs 14 and steps out of the path of the second [2d8] => [5,8] = (13) vs 10
Harry: *raises an eyebrow at her* "Looks like we need to work on your defenses... vamps don't play fair and will gang up on you."
Loretta: "Nah, i never hit em just once at a time--i'd have taken down two by now."
Harry: "Lets see if you can tag me then." *holds out his hand and wave you forward*
Loretta: *first throws a punch at his shoulder (making light contact) [2d8] => [7,3] = (10) vs 16, then a kick to the stomach (again, lightly), then another punch to the chest, but with the bottom of her hand against his sternum, simulating a stake through the heart [2d8] => [4,4] = (8) vs 10
Loretta: (roll for kick, oops) [2d8] => [4,4] = (8) vs 14
Harry: *sidesteps the punch at his shoulder [2d8] => [1,1] = (2) vs 13, then throws down his hands to catch/block the foot to his stomach [2d8] => [2,4] = (6) vs 9, then tries to sidestep the attack to his chest to get behind Loretta [2d8] => [1,8] = (9) vs 6*
Harry: *he stops as a hand rests listly on his sternum and looks at you appraisingly* "Well, you DO have that move down pat at least."
Harry: (lightly)
Loretta: "It's my specialty."
Harry: "But it would not have been enough to take me out if i was a vampire. You have to loosen them up a bit first, tenderize them, so to speak. You haven't gotten any hits on me yet and so the stake would have been a wasted attack."
Loretta: "Not if i been tripling up on you all along! But you're old, and in didn't want to provoke a heart attack."
Loretta: *and i
Harry: *glares at her* "I am not in danger of a heart attack, girlie!"
Loretta: "Suuuure..."
Harry: *throws out a few more jabs as she let one past her guard just a minute before* [2d8] => [8,3] = (11) vs 15, [2d8] => [1,5] = (6) vs 13, [2d8] => [5,7] = (12) vs 11, [2d8] => [4,2] = (6) vs 9
Loretta: *tries dodging all three that look threatening* [2d8] => [5,7] = (12) vs 14 [2d8] => [6,3] = (9) vs 10 [2d8] => [5,5] = (10) vs 6
Harry: "Another hit. 2 to 1 so far."
Loretta: Punch, kick, punch, punch [2d8] => [5,7] = (12) vs 16 [2d8] => [2,5] = (7) vs 14 [2d8] => [3,8] = (11) vs 12 [2d8] => [3,2] = (5) vs 10
Harry: *looks a bit harried as he tries to defend against her attacks with twio sidesteps and two blocks* [2d8] => [8,3] = (11) vs 13, [2d8] => [1,7] = (8) vs 9, [2d8] => [4,8] = (12) vs 6, [2d8] => [7,1] = (8) vs 2
Loretta: "2 to 3."
Harry: *breathes heavily as the exertion is starting to catch up with him and wipes a bit of sweat from his brow* "Don't get cocky on me..." *throws more jabs at her* [2d8] => [1,6] = (7) vs 15, [2d8] => [5,2] = (7) vs 13, [2d8] => [6,7] = (13) vs 11, [2d8] => [4,7] = (11) vs 9, [2d8] => [5,6] = (11) vs 7
Harry: *arms starting to lose a bit of their speed as the sparring session continues*
Loretta: "Me, cocky?" dodges [2d8] => [5,6] = (11) vs 14 [2d8] => [4,7] = (11) vs 10
Loretta: "Want to call it at a tie, old man?"
Harry: "Sure thing kid..." *puts a cig into his mouth and lights it right away, sitting down on a milk crate to rest* "So, what did you see that needed work?" *testing her*
Loretta: "You know smoking is a risk factor for heart disease..."
Harry: *waves her concern away* "Anything else?"
Loretta: "Overeating, sedentary lifestyle..."
Harry: "Girlie! I did not marry for a reason! Focus on the sparring match, you smug little girl.." *grumbles*
Loretta: "Hey, why bother irritating vamps when your own bad habits can kill you faster?"
Harry: *wipes his face in frustration*
Loretta: *grins at him*
Harry: "Fine. I'll tell you. You need work on your defense, you blocks are good, but not good enough to stop all of my jabs. You also need to practice a bit of restraint in combat. Let them come to you. Let me finish this and we'll start with the teaching."
Loretta: "Well duh, i need to practice against multiple opponents, but i only had one partner for a long time--and that was just when he fancied staying around."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Friday, December 19

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:32 pm

[Loretta]

Loretta allows Harry to instruct her for what would have been the rest of the school day, showing up casually next to Eric's car when he exits the building, as though she hadn't been gone all day.
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Friday, December 19

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:16 pm

[Eric] *Sets off out of school, studying a brand new comic book one of his friends lend him, and almost bumps into Loretta* "hey watch.... oh, hey"
[Loretta] "Hey." *gets in the car*
[Eric] *Puts the comic into his backpack and sits down into the driver's seat but not making any move to start the car* "So whatya been up to all day?"
[Loretta] "Stuff."
[Eric] "And here I thought you were doing eh.... anti-stuff...Hey if you want me to cover for you, I should get the good scoop at least!"
[Loretta] "Just getting some workout time in. But i can pretend it's a guy if that makes you feel better."
[Eric] "Not really, but you seemed to have specific ideas this morning.."
[Loretta] "Like i said..."
[Eric] *Shrugs and starts up the car, then turns on the radio to sing along, badly*
[Loretta] *fidgets awkwardly for awhile* "Alright, i am seeing someone. Just, you know, don't mention it to anyone. You know how Allison gets about it. Especially when it's an older guy."
[Eric] "It's not another pirate is it?!"
[Loretta] *smirks* "Maybe."
[Eric] *Smirks too* "Damn pirates! So is it someone I know?"
[Loretta] "Nope."
[Eric] "Hmpf, well fine, keep your secrets... But then i won't tell you about my relationships either!"
[Loretta] "Yeah right! If you had one, you'd be bragging to the mailman."
[Eric] *chuckles* "Well, maybe! You're missing the point"
[Loretta] *shrugs* "Well i'm not even sure i'm gonna keep him around long. If i do, i'll let you know. Deal?"
[Eric] "I guess that's fair."
[Loretta] "So, you going to patrol tonight? It's probably ok once in awhile. Unless you have too much homework, i guess."
[Eric] "I guess I could. Getting bored of hanging out with just Trent eh?"
[Loretta] "Nah, but we never hang out anymore."
[Eric] "Fair enough. But this time i'm bringing an umbrella in the car, just in case"
[Loretta] "For a weapon?"
[Eric] "What? No.... I mean in case it starts raining again. I remember one of the last times i went, I ended up sopping wet."
[Loretta] "Oh. Right." *thinks awhile, almost says something, then thinks better of it*
[Eric] *Glances sideways, then barely avoids crashing into a lantern* "What?"
[Loretta] "Oh, nothing. You know how i overshare sometimes. Just caught myself this time."
[Eric] "Don't be silly, there's no oversharing. Who's more of a best friend to you then me? You basicly 'have' to tell me!"
[Loretta] *squirms a little and finally decides she'll be asking him to cover for her on it soon anyway* "I heard a rumor. Might be nothing."
[Eric] "Does it involve something that happened in the boys shower? Because that's a dirty lie."
[Loretta] "..."
[Eric] "Eh..... So you were saying..."
[Loretta] "No, back up to the boy's shower. If it's not true, then what did happen?"
[Eric] "Nothing! I wasn't even there!"
[Loretta] "Fine, i'll just ask your friends then!"
[Eric] "Fine!...... But anything they say is a dirty lie!"
[Loretta] "Anyway, rumor has it some vamp chick is going to go mainstream. Something about a reality show or something stupid like that. Basically it has the potential to out all of us. I'm going to have to go do something about it. So i'm going to need to leave town. So you'll need to cover for me."
[Eric] "I see.... But your plan has a small flaw.. who's going to cover for me when they kill me twice over?"
[Loretta] "You just have to keep them from catching on and trying to come help me. It'll be a big thing. And when i get home, i'll take whatever punishment i get for it. I just don't want them to get involved. There's a lot of risk on this one."
[Eric] "I don't know. Sounds like exactly the kind of thing you need backup on...Hey, even I might be useful for a change!"
[Loretta] *nods* "Maybe you can do something from here. Computer stuff?"
[Eric] "A reality show? Sounds technical, if you want to sabotage something technical, I'm your guy!"
[Loretta] *smiles* "Maybe Allison and Trent never need to know."
[Eric] "But I'll need to come along, can't do much from here. But back there, I can totally be helpful!"
[Loretta] "Ok...maybe...but how do we explain it?"
[Eric] "hhmm, school trip?"
[Loretta] "An overnight one that might take a couple of days?"
[Eric] "Yeah, it's not entirely uncommon. Just have to make it appear real."
[Loretta] "Ok...except that we have none of the same classes and i don't do any extra stuff. And what if Allison calls the school?"
[Eric] "Maybe some kind of cultural exchange thing for which you can sign up...Well i havne't figured out the details yet, we'll work on it"
[Loretta] "Ok; well it's worth a shot i guess. One other thing...I have help."
[Eric] "Yeah? What kind of help?"
[Loretta] "The old guy. He's a Watcher. Well, former Watcher. That's where i've been. I wasn't going to tell you."
[Eric] "So.... are you seeing a guy or not?"
[Loretta] *sighs* "No, of course not."
[Eric] "But I thought we didn't like him..."
[Loretta] "We don't. But he makes a lot of good points."
[Eric] "Maybe.."
[Loretta] "He's been teaching me stuff. He's a geriatric pain in the ass, but he knows his shit."
[Eric] "Well If we have to bring him too, our coolness factor is totally going down..."
[Loretta] "Yeah, but we might not die immediately."
[Eric] *Smirks* "hardly a fair trade then"
[Loretta] "Well it doesn't change your mind, does it?"
[Eric] "I guess not.... As long as i don't have to share a room"
[Loretta] "Don't worry; if you share a room it'll be with me." *wink*
[Eric] "I'm already looking forward to it! Impending death or not!"
[Loretta] *laughs*
[Eric] *Parks his car in the drive way* "made it home without crashing into something once again!"
[Loretta] "You've earned a cookie."
[Eric] "I agree..." *Get's out and heads into the house to search for before mentioned cookies*
[Loretta] *goes straight to her room*
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO


Return to Serendipity

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron