Fantasy Maps

Talk about Tabletop Games to your heart's content. Anything and everything, as long as it's about Tabletop RPG's.

Moderators: verdilak, hippie_mama

Fantasy Maps

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:30 pm

Here is a generic, highly populated crappy town I just made to really just test to see my ability to make something decent... what do you think?

ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Fantasy Maps

PostPosted by Pyriel » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:27 am

it *seems* nice, but i think the village plan is too ... "organised" to pass for a "highly populated crappy town". when i hear "highly populated crappy town" i think "no architect/plans when it was built", i.e. maybe it started much smaller and the like. so, the roads should look more chaotic rather than form a pattern/shape like they do now, this looks too modern/organised .

as far as your drawing/etc goes, it looks so good i cannot tell anything wrong with it.
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

PostPosted by verdilak » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:31 am

Oh no, it was just a test. I wouldnt every lay out a town like this on purpose or accident. this was just me fucking around in CS5.

And thanks. Thats what I was interested in.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Logan the Defiant » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:48 am

Where did you get the program to make this? I need a good map maker because my MSpaint skills are severely lacking.
Logan the Defiant
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Palladium

PostPosted by Throol » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:04 am

Kinda reminds me of downtown Madison, WI...
Throol
4th level Knight
4th level Knight

Favorite System: Earthdawn

PostPosted by verdilak » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:27 am

Logan the Defiant wrote:Where did you get the program to make this? I need a good map maker because my MSpaint skills are severely lacking.

I did it myself, with photoshop. And it was just a test to see if I could produce something that not only I liked, style wise, but others did to,in about an hour of my time.

Though, I suppose I could automate it, course, then you would have to have photoshop near the version I have (cs5).
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:48 pm

My test continent
Test w/ symbols

Mile scale would be 1000 miles for each square of the lat/long lines.

EDIT: Oh yeah, you'll want to click on them to open them up as a much larger image, but be warned, they are rather large.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Return to General Tabletop Gaming