Scott Pilgrim vs The World

New, Old, Indie, you name it!

Moderators: verdilak, hippie_mama

Scott Pilgrim vs The World

PostPosted by verdilak » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:10 pm

Scott Pilgrim vs The World was AWESOME! It truly was an Epic of Epic EPICNESS! So in love with this movie right now, I want to see it again and again and again and again....

I would totally love to game in that sort of a world.. would prolly use Wushu just due to simplicity and awesome-ness that can come through scene direction and whatnot.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Scott Pilgrim vs The World

PostPosted by Throol » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:24 pm

What was awesome about it?
Throol
4th level Knight
4th level Knight

Favorite System: Earthdawn

PostPosted by verdilak » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:21 am

What was? Dude, everything. The pacing was perfect, nothing too sow or too fast. The battles were Epic with a capital "E", none of them were the same, each was different and I loved it. The special effects, which were video game 8-bit inspired, were awesomely full of nostalgia and cool. Hell, the opening Universal scene started the awesome-ness from the get-go. It was funny in an "That is so fucking cool!" sort of a way.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Rayven » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:17 am

I gotta agree with ya, Verdy. I've already seen it twice, and picked up on a few things the second time around (like the numbers with Ramona's ex's...).

Also, Ramona is fucking hot. Just sayin.
STARE INTO MY EYES FOREVER
LET ME TAKE YOU IN MY ARMS
DANCE WITH ME OUT IN THE GARDEN
WHERE TOMORROW NEVER COMES
FOLLOW ME INTO THE DARKNESS
WHERE THE NIGHTMARES NEVER FADE
WHISPER DREAMS MY FALLEN ANGEL
FROM WHICH YOU WILL NEVER WAKE
Religion starts wars. Spirituality ends them

Rayven
Not a Platypus
Not a Platypus

Location: Cubicle greyness...I'm surrounded by false intelligence!
Favorite System: Any

PostPosted by verdilak » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:53 am

Hippie won't let me take her to the theatres to watch it again, but when it comes out on DVD, watch out!
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Return to Movies!