Monday, November 24th

Moderators: verdilak, hippie_mama

Monday, November 24th

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:35 am

[Allison]

Waking up extra early, Allison first takes a quick shower and puts on a pleasant summer dress before heading up into the attic and after searching for a while, finding all her old highschool things and bringing the box down to the living room. Making a pile of usable things such as her pink backpack and some other girly school supplies still in good shape, and a pale of junk such as used notepads, then putting the junk back into the box and putting it in a corner for Trent to bring back to the attic later, and preparing the usable stuff for Loretta.

After having done all that she glances at the result and decides that it should do fine for now, until they can get Loretta her own stuff, and starts making breakfast.

[Eric]

*Rolls around in his bed while sleeping, getting himself all tangled up in his own blankets and muttering softly*
"No! don't..... borrow..... my toes.."
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!

Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Monday, November 24th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:01 pm

[Loretta]

Loretta had a rough night. If she'd had something to bludgeon to death during patrol, she may have been relaxed enough to sleep, but as it was, her mind wandered far too much, and into all sorts of dark directions that were not conducive to restful slumber.

By the time the sun rises, she feels sick to her stomach and really doesn't want to get out of bed, not to mention face her first day of school in nearly two years. The idea of breakfast was far from appealing, and high school even less so.

Loretta turns away from the sunny window, pulls the blankets over her head, and squeezes her eyes tightly.
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

Favorite System: Unisystem

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:59 am

[Allison]

*Finishes breakfast and puts a few pieces of toast and some fresh orange juice on a serving tray to take upstairs, going first to wake Trent, then Eric, then heading into Loretta's room, putting the tray on her nightstand and sitting down on her bed, and gently pulling down the blankets, then running a hand through Loretta's hair*

"Morning sunshine, I brought you some orange juice and a few bits of toast in case you're hungry, and I got you all my old school supplies from storage, don't worry though, that's just temprorary, after school today we'll go out get you some school supplies all of your own."
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:00 am

[Eric]

*Heads downstairs sleepily, his hair a complete tangled mess and sits down at the breakfast table, glancing around until spotting Trent*
"Wait.... why are we down here eating like bums, and Loretta's getting breakfast on bed?"
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:20 am

[Loretta]

Loretta sits up and frowns, looking disheveled as hell, "I don't feel well. I think i should stay here today, and start fresh next Monday."
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:22 am

[Trent]

Trent, having already gone out and returned from his morning smoke, answers simply, but in a pleasant tone, "She had a rough night."
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:29 am

[Allison]

*Smiles affectionately at Loretta and tries to smoothe her hair a little automaticly*
"Nice try sweetie, you'll feel better after a bit of orange juice and a shower. And things won't be so bad as they appear."

[Eric]
*Speaks with his mouth obscenely full of various kinds of food*
"I fink it's faffortism"
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:31 am

[Trent]

Trent chuckles, reaching for the bacon. "I suspect some of that too."
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:54 pm

[Loretta]

Loretta looks at Allison distrustfully, "I can't eat! What if i throw up!? My stomach hurts soooo much!" She falls back into the pillows dramatically, "What if something's wrong with me? Maybe i should see a doctor."
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:49 pm

[Allison]
*Places her hand gently on Loretta's forehead*
"Why don't you have a sip of orange juice honey, and a nice shower will probably help you feel a little better too. Of course you can go see a doctor if you're really sick. But I think it's just a squirming stomach because you're nervous about a first day of school. You'll see you'll feel better soon enough. But there's no need to worry, you'll be absolutely fine."
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:20 pm

[Loretta]

"I'm not nervous!" Loretta exclaims, a bit too defensively. "What are they going to do, make fun of me? Tell me i'm ugly and that my clothes suck? Laugh at my hair or notice i'm two years behind, or--oh crap!" And with that, she leaps out of bed and runs to the bathroom.
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:16 am

[Allison]
*Frowns after her poor nervous girl and waits patiently in Loretta's room, using the time to do some automatic cleaning of the various items laying about*
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:50 am

[Loretta]

Loretta staggers back a few minutes later, with tears in her eyes and a frown, "Pleeease don't make me go?"
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:37 am

[Allison]
*Walks up to Loretta to put her arms around her and pull her gently to the bed to sit down on it together and wipe her tears away*
"Aww sweetheart, don't cry, Please don't"
*Runs an affectionate hand through Loretta's hair*
"I know you don't want to go but you have to honey, we promised the police and child services. But listen to me Loretta, you are absolutely not ugly, and your clothes don't suck. And i'm sure having avoided school for 2 years will make you really popular."
*Hugs Loretta even tighter*
"And sweetie, if it doesn't work out, you can 'always' come home. And I'll teach you, I'll give you homeschooling and we'll have a lot of fun watching me struggle with math, but things will be alright. But it's important that we can show them that we tried. But if it doesn't work out or if people are mean to you, you can always come home, or call me. You can always come home or call me for anything."
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:49 pm

[Loretta]

"Really? You'll come get me if it's bad? ...Ok, i'll try."
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:48 pm

[Allison]
*Smiles and nods*
"Always and everywhere. So why don't you take a quick shower and then you can come complain about my old school supplies"
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:20 pm

[Loretta]

"Ok, see you downstairs," she says as she grabs the toast and juice and takes them with her to the bathroom.
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:45 am

[Allison]
*Smirks after Loretta and get's up to go downstairs, sitting down next to Trent and having some breakfast herself*
"She'll be right down"
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:20 am

[Trent]

Trent nods and finishes eating, then leans over to kiss Allison on the cheek before getting up from the table. "I better be on-time for work, for once. But i can leave if you guys need something."
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:36 am

[Loretta]

After finishing her shower, Loretta brushes her teeth and then contemplates her hair for a very long time. Once again, she wanted to blend in--but did she really want to look like a blond? Too late to decide that one now. She fusses with it for awhile, battling with it to lay straight, but decides that looks dumb. She goes for her usual spiky look, but finds that it has grown too long to be subtle, and looks like she's trying too hard. Next she twists small sections at the front, and clips them back. Good enough, she decides.

Underwear was easy; no one would see those. And jeans--she only had one pair that wasn't unintentionally and unattractively ripped or bloodied. They happened to be the least baggy too (hence why she rarely wore them to patrol in) so should be generic enough to go with anything.

Next, she stares at the closet. Blankly. What was she supposed to wear to school!? Slutty club wear was certainly out of the question, so with one sweeping motion, she pushes all of Allison's old things aside across the bar. She didn't want to look matronly either, so Allison's more recent hand-me-downs get pushed to the other side! That left just a handful of unstained, un-ripped shirts in the middle. She pulls out four that shouldn't automatically assign her to one clique or another for life, and lays them out on the bed. And then she waits, apparently for sudden inspiration to lead her.
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:39 pm

[Allison]
*hugs Trent and nods*
"Alright, good luck at work! I'll see you around dinner"

[Eric]
"Take care, can you check how much it'd be to improve my engine? My car needs to be faster.."
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:28 pm

[Trent]

"Bring it by after school sometime; we can use the shop tools to tune it up a bit. Then we can think about turbochargers."
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:37 am

[Loretta]

Inspiration never arrives.

Eventually, Loretta chooses the two most neutral (literally) items she owns: a black and a white tank top. She puts the white one on first, then adds the black as a second layer. Problem solved.

She glances at the alarm clock, not sure when she was expected to leave, but sensing that it was probably well before the present, so she trudges down the stairs, having long forgotten the plate of toast and the juice.
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:25 pm

[Allison]

*Heads over to Loretta when she reaches downstairs*
"Feeling any better? I told Eric to go on ahead, normally you can get a ride with him until you have your own license. But today I'll bring you because we have to get you your schoolbooks and everything."
*Motions towards the items on the table*
"This is my old stuff, should suffice for just today, we'll get you your own after school today, oh and I packed your lunch"
*Points at a big tin lunchbox with sufficient food to feed a hungry hippo*
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:00 pm

[Loretta]

Loretta looks over the assembled items suspiciously, and tries not to look horrified at the idea that a teenager had once actually picked these things out. "I really don't need so much," she says, tactfully picking up a bright pink notebook. She opens it to the second clear page, and folds the cover back to hide the hideous design. Then she picks up the plainest pen she can find, and shoves it into the spiral binding. The lunch she would have to take in its entirety, to avoid hurt feelings, though she's still repulsed by the idea of eating anything. Even knowing Allison, she is still surprised by the weight of the thing. "That'll do it," she says ambiguously.
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:16 am

[Allison]

Allison nods at Loretta and opens up her handbag to make sure she's got all her paperwork and everything else she could possibly need, then closes it and nods at Loretta once more.
"Alright, we're set to go." She next glances at her brother still eating at the table.
"You're going to be late for your first class."

[Eric]

*Shakes his head vigorously with a stuffed mouth*
"No i won't, I can make it in sefen minutes"

[Allison]

*Frowns and narrows her eyes at Eric*
"There is no way you can make it to school in less then 10 minutes when you're abiding by the traffic laws"

[Eric]

*Frowns and grabs two more sandwiches to go*
"Well eh.... i should.... go... See you in a bit Loretta"
*Scampers out the door into his car*

[Allison]

"Hmpf"
*Sighs and heads off to her own car, makign sure to lock the doors behind them*
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:57 am

[Loretta]

Loretta walks to Allison's car, silent and expressionless as a woman headed to death row.
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:34 pm

[Loretta]

The school building looked almost exactly as Loretta imagined it, as did the teachers and the scornful faces of the other students. She takes a deep breath and follows Allison to the principal's office, where she sits while they talk about her like she isn't there. She's given a schedule, and a locker number and combination, and sent on her way.

By this time, of course, it's well into first hour, and the hall is empty. Her shoes squeak against the waxed floor as she approaches the first classroom. She knocks a couple of times, since the teacher is obviously in the middle of a lecture, and is instructed to come in. All eyes are on her. The teacher looks at her expectantly. "I'm...." she begins uneasily, "Uh...supposed to be here. Can i just sit over there?" She inclines her head toward what appears to be an empty desk, and the teacher nods in approval. Loretta moves toward it quickly, head down, eyes averted from the many harsh gazes aimed at her. She slides into the chair, a little too roughly, resulting in a clatter, and immediately sinks down into it as far as humanly possible without actually putting her head on the desk. For the next 30 minutes, she hears nothing that's said, simply working up the nerve to glance up. When she finally does, she realizes no one's looking her way anymore, so she relaxes and starts taking notes on the teacher's notes written on the board--and then her pen explodes.

The walk to the next class is a little better; she's able to blend into the sea of moving bodies traversing the halls. She locates her locker and means to leave the book for the previous class, so she enters the combination: 3, 35, 13--nothing. Right, Three...left, thirty....five....right, thirt--dammit! The combination must be wrong. She tries three times more before loosing her temper and yanking on the lock. Everyone in the immediate area watches in shock as the lock is ripped from the latch, leaving a small tear in the locker door. She tries to act surprised. "Wow, that's...some shoddy craftsmanship, right there..." She throws the lock and the book inside, slams it shut, and quickly makes for the next classroom.

This class is a bit better. The teacher gives Loretta a book without her having to ask, and explains the lesson and homework slowly, which doesn't even appear to be only for her benefit! She asks to bum a pen from the girl next to her, promising to return it at the end of class. The request is very reluctantly accepted. Loretta decides she won't try to talk to this girl again, and she tosses the pen back at the end of class without bothering with a thank-you.

Third hour, bless Allison for making the schedule, is PE. Only she didn't bring any clothes to change into. Apparently the other girls weren't accustomed to working out in their jeans. This was one area Loretta would have to work at to blend. At least the workouts were easy. She could move around enough to relax from the previous classes, but not even get sweaty. Wait, did she even care about getting sweaty? According to the other girls and their quiet yet obvious concern about her not changing, she should.

Loretta heads to the cafeteria next, again thanks to Allison, and looks for Eric and his friends, who were supposed to be scheduled for the same lunch period.
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:05 pm

[Eric] "I'm not saying you're wrong, i'm just saying I liked crusade better then wrath." *Pulls the chair next to him out for her* "Heya, hows your first day?"

[Loretta] *sits down heavily, with a big sigh*

[Eric] "That good eh?"

[Loretta] *slumps over and leans against him, as though completely exhausted* "Yup."

[Eric] *Grins, finding it impossible not to be pleased with this display of affection in front of his friends* "Well that's school for you.. You remember these loosers right?"

[Loretta] *smiles at them* "Yeah; hey guys. What's up?"

[Eric] "Well at least we're halfway through right? And we have lunch" *Picks up his own lunchbox and rummages through it* "ungh.... what'd you get?"

[Loretta] "I don't even know." *opens hers too, half-heartedly*

[Eric] *Glances into her box and scowls* "Hey, how come you got white bread and i got this brown bread? And you've got roast beef, i got baloney! and your apple looks bigger.."

[Loretta] *smirks and slides it over* "You can have it; not hungry anyway."

[Eric] *Pushes his own lunchbox to her* "Gotta eaft keep up yer strenft. " *Swallows* "Well couldn't be more obvious allison wanted a little sister not a brother."

[Loretta] "Aww, don't worry; she's just bribing me to stay. She even got me into Art class, 7th hour. Wonder who she threatened to get that done..."

[Eric] "Art eh? Yeah I can see that..." *Imagines a scene from titanic*

[Loretta] *pulls the lunchmeat from the bread, rolls it up, and eats it alone*

[Eric] *Let's out a dreamy sigh* "I need to take art class too.... Eh.. anyway, what other classes you got?"

[Loretta] "Already had American History, Math, and Gym. Next i have Biology, Spanish, FACS, whatever that is, and Art.

[Eric] *Can't help but grin and chuckle audibly* "You're taking fac's?"

[Loretta] "Guess so; what is it?"

[Eric] "Home ec"

[Loretta] "No it's not."

[Eric] "Is too!"

[Loretta] "Then how the hell do you get 'home ec' from 'F, A, C, and S?"

[Eric] "Family and consumer science, it's the old name for it. You can learn how to wash my socks properly!"

[Loretta] *looks to be deep in thought for just a moment, connecting the dots* "Dammit! Why did she do that to me!?"

[Random Friend] "Didn't 'you' take home ec too for a year?"

[Eric] "Eh no... I mean... that was just an administrative error..."

[Loretta] *looks to Eric desperately* "You'll have to help me!"

[Eric] "It's easy, don't worry about it. It's an easy credit class. Helps with your general grades. And if you get stuck you can ask Allison. I once got an A+ on a pie thanks to that.."

[Loretta] *sighs again at her general misfortune*

[Eric] "Besides, home ec is a great class to just hang out and make friends. And once you've made some friends with the cool kids we can dump these guys and move on up in the school hierarchy!"

[Loretta] "Pfft. Friends. Right. No offense, guys."

[Eric] "So did you get any homework already? or you were spared the first day?"

[Loretta] "There's some math to do. But i was kind of lost during the social studies class. Oh, can i borrow a pen?"

[Eric] *Digs into his backpack to pull out two* "Here, i got a whole box of em because i'm always leaving them everywhere and loosing them... so i just buy a new box every 3 months.."

[Loretta] "Sheesh. Well thanks. Some people are real stingy about it. I'm afraid to ask anyone else now."

[Eric] *Chuckles and nudges* "Must be your natural charm, hey some people are always jerks, but I'm sure you'll make friends quickly enough. People on the whole are pretty decent here. I hear it's worse in public schools"

[Loretta] "Maybe..."

[Eric] "So did you make a list of everything you'll need when she's taking you shopping later? Unless you're happy using her old stuff." *nudges her gently*

[Loretta] *shrugs* "Now that i've got pens, i'm ok. Not like anyone's really going to notice the horrid floral motif, are they?" *folds back the cover of her notebook to show Eric*

[Eric] *Chuckles* "It's definitly you.... but hey, you're gonna need a backpack and a bunch of other stuff too. And some gym clothes... like those hot little shorts some girls wear.." *Get's that dreamy look again*

[Loretta] *wrinkles her nose* "Somehow i don't think so..."

[Eric] "Awww...." *Sighs heavily* "So anyway, if you're not hungry for homemade sandwiches, there's a school cafetiria as well, and crazy as it sounds. It's actually not bad."

[Loretta] "I'm just still unsure of all this. And i don't want to puke on my first day."

[Eric] "That would be a social faux pas... Just letting ya know it's avaible. And hey you only got one more crappy class for the rest of the day."

[Loretta] "I'm counting three!"

[Eric] "Nah.. Biology is cool, I like biology, Spanish sucks, I hate langauges.... home ec is a breeze, and you like art."

[Loretta] "I like the classes where teachers write stuff down."

[Eric] "Ah you'll do fine, don't worry. You'll see, in a few weeks you'll be plotting your rise to homecomming queen"

[Loretta] "Very funny..."

[Eric] *Smirks* "Well if it does happen, you have to promise to take me as your date. I supported you from the start." *Glances at the clock and sighs* "Almost time to go back.."

[Loretta] "Ugh, why is lunch so short?"

[Eric] "Because all teachers are evil, and they love nothing better then to see us squirm and suffer.."

[Loretta] *flinches as the bell rings, and gets up with another sigh* "Like trained dogs....well, i guess we could go to the dojo afterwards? We could probably keep it open until bills are due..."

[Eric] "Sure we can go after you've done your school shopping, don't think she'll mind me tagging along."

[Loretta] "Thanks." *smiles and briefly grabs his hand before rushing off to her next class*

[Eric] *Grins after her before getting up to leave himself* "Come on you apes, you wanna live forever?!"
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:28 am

[Loretta]

Biology class seems promising; there are only a handful of students scattered among several large black tables, and none of them seem to take any notice of Loretta at all. The teacher gives a long rambling lecture that fills the entire class period, but he pre-wrote his lesson notes on a white board at the front of the classroom, so it's easy to follow which parts are relevant and will be on a future test--she writes everything down to appear busy, but is confident that this is one credit she won't have to work hard to get.

Spanish seems to be a little more difficult at first, but once she hears enough to realize that the basic rules of conjugation are all posted on the east wall of the classroom, she relaxes and no longer worries about this one either. She's glad to hear too that the others don't seem to be very far ahead of her anyway.

Family and Consumer Sciences is yawn-worthy. Something about fetal brain development, and the names of a bunch of scientists...

Art is a pleasant surprise; unlike junior high art, each of the students is working on a different project, with various materials and mediums: a cute boy and a small, thin girl are throwing clay in one corner, another girl is painting with oils, four people are drawing with pencils, and all the others seem to be chatting casually over the noise of an air compressor employed by an airbrushing trio.
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:50 am

[Allison]

Having done some general groceries shopping, cleaned the house and started doing a giant pile of laundry, Allison heads back to school a little, glad that she wasn't called in the middle of the day to collect Loretta or something horrible like that.
She feels a bit silly waiting at the entrance of the school with a few other 'parents' but tries to ignore it. Picking up a book and reading while she waits.
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!

Return to Serendipity