Sadness Thread

Post your art, others' art, stuff you like, stuff you don't, ect.

Moderators: hippie_mama, verdilak

Sadness Thread

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:42 pm

So.. what makes you sad?

This makes me sad...

and then this one cheers me up again

ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Sadness Thread

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:44 pm

This also makes me sad too.

ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:44 am

ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Shinitenshi » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:07 am

Awwwww those are sad
I just Spread the Dead. Click below to do the same and you could win $5,000! Don’t forget to check out the premiere of The Walking Dead Sunday Oct. 31 at 10/9c on AMC. http://www.amcspreadthedead.com/share?ref=331746679
Shinitenshi
Forum Temptress
Forum Temptress

Favorite System: Pally

PostPosted by outpatient8 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:32 am

Being an 80's ritilan kid I can an a 90's ritilan abuser, identify with the damage that drug can do. I missed out on a lot.

Is that Fosters thing really how it ended?
Keel haul 'em!!
outpatient8
2nd level Commoner
2nd level Commoner

Favorite System: GURPS, anything with lots of % dice.

PostPosted by verdilak » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:27 pm

I dont think so... it's just a pic someone drew.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by NulSyn » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:29 pm

outpatient8 wrote:
Is that Fosters thing really how it ended?

No but it would have fit with the spirit of the show and the style of the maker's if it had.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by verdilak » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:07 pm

Sadness

Spoiler:
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Shinitenshi » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:14 pm

That is terrible. I don't watch the news or read the paper, cause I just don't want to know about things like that. I'm in no position to help, and it just makes me hate this world more.
I just Spread the Dead. Click below to do the same and you could win $5,000! Don’t forget to check out the premiere of The Walking Dead Sunday Oct. 31 at 10/9c on AMC. http://www.amcspreadthedead.com/share?ref=331746679
Shinitenshi
Forum Temptress
Forum Temptress

Favorite System: Pally

PostPosted by PhishStyx » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:46 pm

verdilak wrote:Sadness

Spoiler:

Because it's possible to solve both problems at the same time?
"Hail to the Burger King, Baby! Ook! Ook!" -Anastas

"That's not school. That's Schoolhouse Rock." - Sam Winchester

"Going to war over religion is basically killing each other to see who has the better imaginary friend." - Richard Jeni

USS Lynx | Currently Running: Shadowrun with Online Game Support
PhishStyx
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Classic Unisystem (WitchCraft)

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:52 pm

I dont see how going to the moon is a problem, but regardless, they both aren't being done at the same time.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by PhishStyx » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:18 pm

verdilak wrote:I dont see how going to the moon is a problem, but regardless, they both aren't being done at the same time.

It isn't a problem in the sense of something being wrong with the world; it was a problem in that we didn't know how to do it (like a complex math problem) and we solved it. Thus, problem solved.

And the fact we haven't solved both at the same time, doesn't mean that we can't. We (humankind) surely do need to focus on the hunger and suffering part of that picture a lot more. But I firmly believe that doing both concurrently is not only possible but doing them at the same time can actually benefit both.
"Hail to the Burger King, Baby! Ook! Ook!" -Anastas

"That's not school. That's Schoolhouse Rock." - Sam Winchester

"Going to war over religion is basically killing each other to see who has the better imaginary friend." - Richard Jeni

USS Lynx | Currently Running: Shadowrun with Online Game Support
PhishStyx
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Classic Unisystem (WitchCraft)

Return to Art!