Is the Mortal Kombat video for real?

New, Old, Indie, you name it!

Moderators: verdilak, hippie_mama

Is the Mortal Kombat video for real?

PostPosted by verdilak » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:45 am

Yes it is!

chud.com wrote:UPDATE 2: Cat's out of the bag. This is for the movie, and it comes from the mind of genius fight choreographer Larnell Stovall. He's the guy who did the fights for the excellent Undisputed 3: Redemption, on DVD and Blu-Ray right now. I hope that this movie gets made with Larnell plotting the punches, because this guy isn't just a geek like us, he's also got an incredible skill and ambition to create the next generation of fight choreography.

UPDATE: For those saying this is a video tied in to E3 and a launch for a new Mortal Kombat game - I am 99% sure that is not the case. This is for a new Mortal Kombat movie.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Is the Mortal Kombat video for real?

PostPosted by Shinitenshi » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:45 am

No it's not! Jeri Ryan revealed that the short was made for the director to pitch the reboot to Warner Brothers. She posted this on her twitter page and it has been documented in several other places.
I just Spread the Dead. Click below to do the same and you could win $5,000! Don’t forget to check out the premiere of The Walking Dead Sunday Oct. 31 at 10/9c on AMC. http://www.amcspreadthedead.com/share?ref=331746679
Shinitenshi
Forum Temptress
Forum Temptress

Favorite System: Pally

PostPosted by NinjaBunny » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:46 am

Fuck Hollywood, I'm fucking sick of reboots on everything, c:_bangbang just tell the fucking story the way it's originally told in the fucking games.
Never tell people how to do things.
Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
- General George Patton Jr

"There are two kinds of people in this world those that love you and those that hate you, now choose a side mother fucker!"~Mark F.Mason
NinjaBunny
Lord Of Randomness
Lord Of Randomness

Favorite System: God help me, it's Pally.

PostPosted by verdilak » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:26 pm

ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by NinjaBunny » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:05 pm

Don't tell me that you liked that pitch ideal? :c_throwup
Hollywood needs to stop fucking with things, They were other worldly monsters not fucked lunatic humans. Jax and Sonya were army operatives not cops, actually the only cop (Striker) in mortal kombat wasn't even in the pitch trailer.

"There are two kinds of people in this world those that love you and those that hate you, now choose a side mother fucker!"~Mark F.Mason
NinjaBunny
Lord Of Randomness
Lord Of Randomness

PostPosted by verdilak » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:25 pm

What is there not to like? That the "story" isnt correct? Seriously, what story was there from the video games, really? And how many people played them for their "story"/roleplaying aspect? oh wait, they didn't have a roleplaying aspect, my bad...

Sorry, but the people getting all worked up about this not been exact or that it moves away from the original story... :s_crazy
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by NinjaBunny » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:28 pm

it comment like that keep hollywood making bad movies.

NinjaBunny
Lord Of Randomness
Lord Of Randomness

PostPosted by NulSyn » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:40 pm

Sorry, but I'd pay good money to see a MK movie like that.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by Shinitenshi » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:39 pm

NulSyn wrote:Sorry, but I'd pay good money to see a MK movie like that.

I would watch a movie like that because it did look badass, but it shouldn't be called Mortal Kombat. I mean it's not like they just changed a few things here or there they changed the whole plot of the game, Humans fighting to keep their world from being taken over by the Demon Realm.

As for not playing MK for it's storyline that's bullshit, just because the game isn't an RPG doesn't mean that it doesn't have a storyline. I loved the storyline for the game, I don't just have favorite characters because they were badass but because I was interested in their stories. I bought sequels to the game because I wanted to find out what happened to my favorite characters. I liked knowing about my characters, it made them more interesting to play. I don't like playing games that don't have a storyline, they bore me, even fighting games. If the story isn't interesting then I don't want to play the game.
I just Spread the Dead. Click below to do the same and you could win $5,000! Don’t forget to check out the premiere of The Walking Dead Sunday Oct. 31 at 10/9c on AMC. http://www.amcspreadthedead.com/share?ref=331746679
Shinitenshi
Forum Temptress
Forum Temptress

PostPosted by verdilak » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:21 pm

The storyline? C'mon, its a fucking arcade game for christs sake! People played it, I played it, for the fighting and gore. I do not get why you guys are so uptight about this, its a hobby that is meant to be fun. Why are you sucking the fun by complaining about the story of all things. To me, the MK games were fun and the movie looks fun, so I, like Nul, would pay good money to see it.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Pyriel » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:34 pm

the story?...
I played it for the intense fighting and gore.
lots of people liked sub-zero. others liked scorpio. ask 10 fans of them, what these two characters' stories were: most wouldnt be able to answer :o
mortal kombat had a great storyline-which contributed *zero* to the games' feel! ZERO!!! if the games themselves payed any importance to the storyline, how can anyone beat Raiden (a freakin god) with Johny Kage or Sonya Blade(i.e. trained humans )??????? hell, why would these three fight each other since they're on the same side???

if the games themselves dont pay any attention to their storyline, why should a movie? it seems cool, and thats it.
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

PostPosted by Shinitenshi » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:15 am

Pyriel wrote:the story?...
I played it for the intense fighting and gore.
lots of people liked sub-zero. others liked scorpio. ask 10 fans of them, what these two characters' stories were: most wouldnt be able to answer :o
mortal kombat had a great storyline-which contributed *zero* to the games' feel! ZERO!!! if the games themselves payed any importance to the storyline, how can anyone beat Raiden (a freakin god) with Johny Kage or Sonya Blade(i.e. trained humans )??????? hell, why would these three fight each other since they're on the same side???

if the games themselves dont pay any attention to their storyline, why should a movie? it seems cool, and thats it.

Obviously you don't know anything about this game, so where you might like to play it I wouldn't consider you a fan. i know more then 10 people that are fans of the game that know exactly what Scorpion and Sub-Zero's stories are especially because they are so connected to each other. I would also like to know how the games didn't follow their stroylines? Sonya and Cage were on the same side only in the sense that a human had to win Mortal Kombat to stop Outworld from taking over Earth. As for your argument of how can a trained human beat a god, you are telling me that you have never in your life read a story where a human defeated a god?
Shinitenshi
Forum Temptress
Forum Temptress

Return to Movies!