Borderlands

If it's XBox, lets talk about it!

Moderators: verdilak, hippie_mama

Borderlands

PostPosted by NulSyn » Sun May 09, 2010 3:31 pm

Anyone else playing this? Its fun as hell and the random item creation is hitting the collector in me well like D2 use to. I just beat my first playthrough (without any DLCs) with the Soldier class and am level 35(?). Thinking about buying another copy so my brother and I can system link and play for better items and such.

Anyways, very fun and I highly recommend it, especially if you play online occasionally for that Diablo II like running around.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

Re: Borderlands

PostPosted by Zamion » Sun May 09, 2010 11:32 pm

ive been playing here and there on my ps3 its a bit repeative but pretty fun.
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

Favorite System: ahhhh shadowrun
Security: NO

PostPosted by NulSyn » Mon May 10, 2010 12:17 am

Oh yeah its a lot like Diablo II if it was a FPS. That includes the running the same levels at different difficulty degrees for more cool drops. I am thinking of buying the DLCs for the zombies, bank and more rare items. They even call Borderlands an RPS, Role-playing Shooter.

Edit: Right after this post I got a really good Orange Drop, An Explosive Revolver with high zoom and rate of fire, with my Soldiers Magazine upgrade skill the revolver has 21 shots before needing reloaded!
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by Zamion » Tue May 11, 2010 5:20 pm

my brother uses the invisable girl im also using the solider but i havent been playing in months maybe ill boot it back up....wish we could play cross platform
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

PostPosted by NulSyn » Tue May 11, 2010 6:24 pm

I just ordered the expansion pack disc with the first two add-ons and a 1600 MS Points card to get the third and some other game's stuff. This games hooked me. The Diablo 2 style item collecting really plays on a weakness with me. :s_biggrin

EDIT: My brother is playing Mordecai the Hunter.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by Zamion » Sun May 16, 2010 2:02 am

...seee we all need the same system then we can make a sweet ass clan ... we could be hippo raiders.......ill give you the title man ...get the ps3
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Sun May 16, 2010 2:06 am

I'd play PS3 if I got it for free. The only system I am interested in right now is the Wii.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.

PostPosted by Zamion » Sun May 16, 2010 2:37 am

wii is great for eveything but online play
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Sun May 16, 2010 2:49 am

I dont even go online with my Xbox lol
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Zamion » Sun May 16, 2010 2:56 am

thats where the fun is though brother
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Sun May 16, 2010 3:02 am

Yes, but the Xbox sits far from the router and I'm to cheap to buy a wifi attachment for the box.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Zamion » Sun May 16, 2010 3:04 am

ill acept your response
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t