Friday, November 21

Moderators: hippie_mama, verdilak

Friday, November 21

PostPosted by Pyriel » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:36 am

[Peter]

Peter gets it on with her, and they leave after a while, going to his place to spend the night since she didnt have to leave till next morning. He wakes up long before her; He is still deeply heartbroken, but not exactly melancholic; mutters to himself "life has tought me to take the bitter with...well, just the bitter, actualy."
He does notice the woman besides him in the bed; He sighs and just accepts it.

He stands up, reaching for his phone, and sends a text to Loretta; "No leaving town unless asked; dont confuse different letters. Our thing dead since u asked tho. Have fun; day off."

*He breathes deeply, and bitterly mutters again* "That does it; that's it. I don't know what's left of my heart intact, if anything. But i shall never try loving anyone. Never. Ever. again." He stares at the girl and caresses her hair to wake her up gently so she could leave if she wanted.
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:12 am

[Loretta]

It takes several attempts for Loretta to convince herself to get out of Samuel's bed. But eventually, the morning is impossible to avoid, what with it shining full in her face from a bare window. The irony is not lost on her, as she slides out from under the ancient pirate and climbs out of his bed, of how she was so eager to leave a similar situation, only outdoors, and to be with her family rather than avoid them, just yesterday. How things had changed in one day...

The captain continues to sleep the deep sleep of an ordinary mortal male, so she decides to use the shower--it might be awhile before she has occasion for another. She wishes she had brought a change of clothes, as she's going to look very silly on a bus in such a nice gown, but that was just the way the dice had fallen. Had she been the type of girl to plan things out, she could have even washed said gown the night before, but that just wasn't her...

The shower is long and hot, and she realizes it's just one of many basic comforts she will miss, being out on her own again. She has trouble leaving this too, but eventually does with resolve that she will learn not to care about any of it soon. She pushes away thoughts of the people she loves, rationalizing that they too will only make her miserable, and she them, so it's better this way. There was enough pain in the world already without a person creating their own through chosen attachments.

Dressed again, she considers the backpack full of gold and cash. Such a thing would make life easier than she had ever dreamed, materially speaking. But with it, her possibilities were far too vast--she could take a plane anywhere, rent an apartment--maybe even buy a house. But with such ties to the physical world, came responsibility and rigidity, neither of which she wanted right now! So she takes the $50 she asked for, and considers a moment. She would need clothes, eventually, so she takes another $100. Then thinks easy access to food might also be nice, until she found another reliable source for it, so she takes another $100.

So there she finds herself, standing in the doorway of a pirate's port home: bridesmaid's dress, uncomfortable shoes, a cell phone with 1/2 battery power remaining, and $250 to her name. She didn't even have a weapon, but that was hardly a problem. She'd probably turn off the phone and keep it in case of emergency--she checks the messages one last time though, and sees Peter's. That's all the confirmation she needed that she was doing the right thing, so off it goes, and out she goes, back into the real world and away from Serendipity.
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3900
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:36 am

[Eric] Eric lays on his bed the entire night, he may have fallen asleep for a few short moments at a time, but it was hard to tell, the whole thing seemed like one long unrealistic nightmare.
He keeps playing it over in his head, not so much the night itself, it was obvious what happened there, but all the time before that, wondering if there was a path he could have taken instead that would have made things alright, wondering if he had been smarter, he might have understood Loretta better, reach her better.

He swipes at his eyes when the sun starts shining in his face, they're painful and red, not so much from crying, he'd done surprisingly little of that, just of being up for so long.
He's already decided he needs to tell Trent and that moment seems to be coming closer all the time, and how would Trent react, would he react, he hoped Trent would at least see he was honestly worried about Loretta and trying to help. Or would Trent think he was just jealous? No, that was silly Trent didn't know, it was himself who wondered that.

Eric let's out a heavy sigh, trying to search his feelings.
Certainly, part of him was jealous, a small part of him, the small part that still liked Loretta in the way a boy likes a girl, but it didn't feel like a driving force behind anything, didn't feel like it had played an Issue last night, he'd gotten over the fact that Loretta was dating someone else by itself. He'd told her that and it had been true.
No, it wasn't jealousy last night, just, a feeling he can't quite identify, but it had everything to do with the squirming feeling of just plain wrong that he had gotten in that Pirate's apartment.
Would he have acted differently if it was any other girl? No, it would have been wrong no matter what girl it was, perhaps even worse, at least Loretta was strong.

He sighs and get's up from his bed to walk downstairs and sit at a random table, hoping Trent will make up first, if he was forced to talk to Allison now... Tell her everything....
He shudders at the idea.
She could easily leave a bloody trail of corpses from here to that apartment.
Either way, the time would soon come when he had to tell someone, and so he remains sitting there trying to formulate his thoughts into words, trying to explain what happened.
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:30 pm

[Trent] *comes down for his habitual morning smoke, and is more than a little surprised to see Eric sitting at the table--but mostly he's glad he put pants on out of habit* "Eh...morning?"

[Eric] "Hey...." *Studies a groove on the table for a little longer* "Listen..."

[Trent] *does*

[Eric] "I really hate to be the one to ruin the day after your wedding.... But I have to tell you something..."

[Trent] *cautiously* "Alright..."

[Eric] "After you left the wedding party.... Some of those pirates appeared.... They didn't hurt anyone or anything, I mean they chased off a lot of guests with their piratey ways, but nothing outragious..."
[Eric] "So.... I figured out Loretta was dating this pirate... Not sure when it started or what the whole story is.... But it doesn't matter... Maybe I shoulda said something right then.... But it didn't seem like a big deal, Loretta's pretty good at taking care of herself and that pirate seemed alright if a bit shady...."
[Eric] "Anyway... They left somewhere to talk or make out or whatever.... and I went to hang out at the holiday inn... I wanted you two to have some alone time..... I checked the TV a bit, and a while later Loretta asks me if i want to grab a bite... I figured why not... I was bored anyway.."
[Eric] "So.... We went to this restaurant... Me, Loretta and that pirate fellow Samuel... It was pleasant enough, even if he did admit to have gone around hijackig other ships and killing people who didn't surrender..."
[Eric] "But eh.... Well he also ordered some wine, and we both had a few sips.... Well... I had a few sips.... Loretta had... more... Untill she was pretty tipsy.... I shoulda said something right then.... Stood up.... but that's not what happened..."

[Trent] *looks very concerned, but lets Eric finish*

[Eric] "So... Loretta was pretty tipsy and sleepy.... and they wanted me to bring them to this new place he got... I started having a really bad feeling already then, I tried to convince her to go somewhere else to nap off the buzz, but she was determined.... So I went along while he carried her inside..."

[Trent] *starts to look more angry than concerned*

[Eric] *Takes a very deep breath* "He placed her in one of the rooms, and she seemed pretty deeply asleep, I stuck around a bit in the doorway because.... I dunno.... I just started to have this really creepy feeling.... and then he's like: Hey buddy you gonna stick around? isn't that like incest? And I said... I don't remember the exact words" (msn out of space lol)
[Eric] "But i told him, it wasn't, because there wasn't gonna be any sex anyway, and he'd better get out of the room too.... So he slammed the door in my face..... And I told him.... I told him right out i'd call 911 and end thsi little fantasy of his... He responded by locking the door.."

[Trent] *starts to get rather...twitchy, and lights up a fat joint right in the dining room* "Keep talking."

[Eric] "So I did.... I called 911, gave them a general description of where to be, though i'm not sure they got it..... Then Loretta comes out.... all furious... I tried to explain I was just trying to look out for her.... But she wouldn't hear me... I didn't know what to do, To cry, to slap her, to try and drag her off..."
[Eric] "But I doubt any of those can make Loretta do something she doesn't want to. Then she told me I'd gotten rid of her buzz and I could be proud of that too... Like that mattered.... And she told me to leave..... So I did..."

[Trent] *has smoked the joint down about halfway* "That doesn't really sound like her."

[Eric] "Doesn't it?... She's alway had this thing about doing what she wants.. I dunno..."

[Trent] "Yes, but that's reckless, even for her. Was there something else going on maybe?"

[Eric] "Like what?"

[Trent] "I don't know. She was upset yesterday morning. She didn't seem very happy later."


[Eric] "I really don't know.... I asked her but she said she was fine.... I just know I'm scared.... Scared for Loretta.... I'm scared OF Loretta... Not... Physically.... Just... scared that deep down she sees us as weights holding her back.... And most of all i'm scared that if Allison finds out there's gonna be a blood trail all over town..." *Tries to give trent a weak miserable smile*

[Trent] *doesn't smile back, but instead agrees seriously* "Yes, that would be a problem..."
[Trent] "You said she's been dating this Samuel. But she was with us all day yesterday, and they could have only met the day before that. That doesn't leave a lot of time for such things."

[Eric] "Well.. She is rather impulsive...."

[Trent] "Surely not *that* impulsive."

[Eric] "I dunno... I just know when that guy arrived at the party he just swooped her in his arms and they made out... I don't think Loretta would have let anyone do that unless there was some kind of... You know... Previous encounter?"

[Trent] "One would think...maybe she was magicked or something?"

[Eric] "I.... Didn't think of that.... I guess it could be...."

[Trent] "You didn't see anything though."

[Eric] "Nothing of magic and that Pirate sure didn't talk nicely about witches, probably because they cursed him. Dunno if he'd use it.... not that i'd put it above him..."

[Trent] *nods and puts out his smoke on the nearest fireproof surface--a candle holder on the table, and grabs his keys, heading for the door* "Well, show me where this place is."

[Eric] "What about Allison?"

[Trent] "If you'd like to tell her, you're a braver man than me."

[Eric] "Well no, Just saying... Wont she be suspicious? oh wait, i got it"
[Eric] *grabs a piece of paper and a pen and writes something* "Forgot to buy you a wedding gift, gone out shopping now, Trent's helping. P.S. Ribs make a tasty dinner."

[Trent] "She's gonna be so pissed when she hears about it later...but it's for the greater good. Let's roll."

[Eric] *Follows Trent along and hops into his car*

[Trent] *starts it up and drives!*

[Eric] "Just follow this road, then right off to the beach, few more turns, and eventually there will be some apartments.."

[Trent] *nods and focuses, looking very intensely thoughtful*

[Eric] "So... What are we going to do when we get there?.. Drag Loretta out kicking and screaming?" *Wrubs his chest slightly at the thought*

[Trent] "Possibly...at least until we figure out what's going on."
[Trent] "If need be, i can take the pirate; she probably won't try and hurt you."

[Eric] *Can't help but snort* "Yeah...."

[Trent] *looks surprised* "You think she would?" *as though speaking about a *normal* girl*

[Eric] "Well.... No... not really... I mean, not intentionally... But she doesn't always know her own strength..."

[Trent] "I guess that's possible."
[Trent] "First we'll try talking, of course. But if that doesn't work, we use force."

[Eric] "Right!"
[Eric] *Thinks it over a bit more* "Eh... Trent"

[Trent] "Yeah?"

[Eric] "You know.... I'm not really a great warrior.... and last time you went up against those pirates... well... you know.."

[Trent] "Yes...well...surely he's not as strong as he was when he shoved a church steeple through another monster..." *now thinks this through and looks less certain*

[Eric] "True... Definitly true.... I think"

[Trent] "We better hope."

[Eric] "I mean... The curse is lifted right? So unless they're all bodybuilders all day long... That probably came from the curse.."
hippie_mama zegt:
[Trent] "Then again they had nothing better to do for 300 years..."

[Eric] "Yeah well... We still got two advantages..."
[Eric] "First.... We're the good guys... and secondly.... we're fighting for someone we love, I doubt that pirate really cares about her"

[Trent] "You're right there."
[Trent] "But i'm not sure we can take Loretta."

[Eric] "Well.. We'll just have to settle for knowing that we're doing the right thing, and believing that at the core Loretta's a very good person?"
[Eric] *Looks at the window* "Hey!... oh.... no wait.... It's just a dude in his 70's...... in a pirate costume..... Makes.... sense..."

[Trent] "We're almost there, right?"

[Eric] "Yeah, it's right there over at the beach..."

[Trent] *continuing his approach to the building, he mentally prepares himself for...well...he's not sure yet. But he's determined about it!*

[Eric] *Follows along, starting to think maybe letting Allison handle this was a lot easier afterall*

[Trent] *stops abruptly, halfway between the truck and the door* "She was just here."
(spending A drama point to smell her for sure)

[Eric] "Ehm... Isn't that what i've been saying?"

[Trent] *takes a deep breath* "No, as in minutes or hours ago. Closer to minutes though."

[Eric] "Oh.... Are you sure?" *Picks 6 items out of his pocket and tries to drop them at the entrance to the place covertly*

[Trent] *starts walking as though he knows where he's going* "Yes, very sure."

[Eric] *Feels slightly better having gotten rid of the coins, and follows Trent, with his best Lassie impression* "Alright, go find her girl!"

[Trent] "Funny." *stops at the corner and takes another deep breath before turning*

[Eric] "Yeah well... I don't do my best work when I haven't slept in a day..."

[Trent] *moves faster on a straight stretch down another street, then stops in the middle, mutters about how often women insist on washing, and then starts again on the same path*

[Eric] *Starts to wonder if this can actually work, but follows Trent along anyway*

[Trent] *continues on until reaching the bus station* "Oh damn..."

[Eric] "What?.."

[Trent] "Look where you are. It's busy too, so i might need your eyes."
[Trent] "If she's left, our trail ends here."

[Eric] "But the busses go out of town..."

[Trent] "Yes, they do."

[Eriic] "Oh...." *Looks around on the spot* "Maybe i should call in a bomb threat... make the busses come back..."
[Eric] "I'm a minor and my sister's a cop... Shouldn't be more then a month or two in prison if they ever catch me... "

[Trent] "Too risky; besides, there's still a chance she didn't just take the first departing--oh, who am i kidding!? It's Loretta, of course that's what she did!" *starts running through the place, trying to catch her scent again*

[Eric] *Runs on after him* "Well.. If you can guess what time she was here I can check what bus left at that time... We can take your car and head her off"

[Trent] "That's halfway back through town!"
[Loretta] *steps out of the bathroom, just in time to dodge a running Wolfman*

[Eric] "So what?! We're just gonna let her go?? If you don't wanna go i'll just go myself and......" *Comes to a dead stop and falls silent*

[Trent] "Loretta..."
[Loretta] *deer in headlights look*

[Eric] *Can't think of anything to say and just kind of, stands around*

[Loretta] *doesn't know what to do, so runs!*

[Eric] "Hey!" *Runs after her*

[Loretta] *dodges people and chairs!*
[Trent] *leaps over items she pushes down behind her!*

[Eric] *Uses the path made by Loretta to follow, hoping the dress will slow her down a bit*

[Loretta] *continues on this way until a discarded suitcase she tried to jump catches her heel, causing her to tumble over*
[Trent] *rolls over her so as not to hit her straight-on*

[Eric] *Arrives slightly later and sits down ontop of her back like a chair, and gasps for air, trying to say something, but nothing other then desperate gulps for precious air comes out as his body yells out in protest*

***onlookers stare***

[Eric] *Continues to gasp for breath and gives them an anoyed look* "My sister get's a bit emotional at weddings"

[Loretta] *squirms silently*
[Trent] *puts her in a hold* "We just want to talk, ok? Can we go somewhere neutral?"

[Eric] *Stands up again, trying to stop his chest from heaving* "and no more........ running...."

[Trent] *gets up too, pulling Loretta along, one arm across the front of her shoulders, and the other locking her arms behind her*
[Trent] *gets her out of the bus station, silencing any would-be interference with a deadly glare*

[Eric] *Walks along, growing silent again, as he becomes unsure what to say to her anymore*

[Trent] *says nothing until they get to a grassy area outside the building* "I know you're at least half-willing to talk to us, because i know you, and you could have broke free by now." *lets go and steps back a respectable distance* "Now...how about we start with how worried we are."
[Loretta] *just crosses her arms and looks away, guilty*
[Trent] *waits, his eyes an endless sea of patience*

[Eric] *Doesn't know what to say, since his last conversation with Loretta didn't seem very effective, so he just lingers nearby*

[Loretta] "What do you want me to say?"
[Trent] "How about you just tell us what's bothering you? You could have come to any of us, any time."
[Loretta] "Yeah right."

[Eric] *Scowls* "You could have come to me! I never told you what to do, or how to act, and I never interfered with what you've wanted to do! Well... untill that pirate of yours starting acting really disturbing and I thought you might be hurt, but that was diffirent"

[Loretta] "No it wasn't! You didn't trust me at all!"
[Trent] *puts his hands up, neutrally* "Alright. Alright, let's just slow down."
[Trent] "Loretta, you're going through something big. Anyone can see that. And somehow, all of us failed to see that when it was important. Am i right>"
[Loretta] *shrugs, but then reluctantly nods a little*

[Eric] "I didn't trust him! I was perfectly willing to give him a chance because YOU asked me, but then you were half asleep and he was talking about sex and I was worried he'd make you do something you'd regret it the morning. You didn't even bother to try to understand how disturbing that is to watch from the outside"
[Eric] "What if It had been the other way around? What if I had gone with that crazy pirate chick with the baerd.... and I'd have gotten a lot of wine in me and been all sleepy and tipsy, and she'd have taken me up to some place you don't know, without any kind of supervision all alone and talking about sex, I would have liked to think you'd say something too..."
[Eric] "And I also thought that if that person responded by slamming the door in your face and locking it, you would have done anything to get into that door and make sure I was fine."

[Loretta] "Did you ever think maybe my sex life isn't any of your business!? That you only even knew about this one guy and this one little time because i *trusted* you not to flip out about it!? And what if that did happen? It's your choice, not mine! Do i really have to watch you all the time and make sure you're ok? Is that how this family stuff works!?"

[Eric] *shrugs* "You don't have to watch me all the time, but if you saw that happen, yeah I would have liked you to step in, But I guess I just never realized how diffirent we are there. I guess you're just at the point where you don't care what happens to you when you're nice and tipsy, and i'm so sorry for breaking your buzz and fun time."

[Loretta] *frowns, then says rather lamely* "I just wanted to have fun for once."

[Eric] *Scowls, his eyes tearing up with frustration trying to reach her* "Don't act like I don't want you to have fun, or want you to be happy, I want you to have nothing but fun, and I especially want you to be nothing but happy! But in the way that you really deserve! If you love him, I won't say anything bad about you two being together, get married. I wish you nothing but the best"
[Eric] "But that.... Last night.... That wasn't the best..... That was sharky, and made me worry about you... That's the only reason I acted..."

[Loretta] *glares back* "You don't know how lucky you are. You get to go to school, and have friends and a family and do whatever you want, then do a little demon hunting on the side. It's not your life though. You don't have something inside of you that *makes* you go after dangerous things. Do you think i want to feel like i'm i monster myself most days? Do you think i like that i have nothing beyond this, and no hope of that changing except by death? You have NO idea what it's like to be me. And no, i don't love him. I've known him for two days! But he doesn't have any expectations of me. You don't know how nice that is."
[Trent] *frowns and seems to want to say something, but decides this isn't the time*

[Eric] "Ofcourse I don't know, how could I? But you place the burden on yourself, and you hug it to your chest like it's your first born. The person placing all these heavy expectations on you, is you. Do you have any idea how happy Allison would be if you came to school with me? She'd cry tears of joy."
[Eric] "I acted last night because I didn't think that was the way to treat any girl. Let alone you, you're beautiful, you have a brilliantly bright spirit" *Smirks* "You're almost as smart as me...... And you're a joy to have around."
[Eric] "And maybe you're right.... Maybe I just can't judge what's right for you..... Which would be sad, because I thought i knew you at least a little. But not nearly as sad as perhaps I am right.... And you do want something nicer someday... You just don't think you deserve it... or could have it..."

[Loretta] *looks unhappy, but doesn't seem to have anything to say back*

[Eric] "Why is it so important to be with someone who expects nothing?.... It probably means he doesn't give much either... Are you unhappy carrying anothers burdens? Because that is what happens with family and friends and lovers... But I don't think that's you..."
[Eric] "You've been taken up the burdens of others since long before I met you...."
[Eric] "I think the reason you like having no expectations... is because you aren't tempted to share your own burdens.... Which are weighing you down like lead... Because you're right.... I'm sure it's SO hard being you.... I mean that... And we can't bear all of that burden for you..... But we can help"

[Loretta] *looks defeated more than angry now*
[Trent] *puts a hand on Eric's shoulder, as if to say he couldn't have said it better himself*
[Trent] "Loretta, you don't have to prove anything to us. We know you can take care of yourself, and make your own decisions, and handle anything that comes at you--we just want you to know that you don't *have* to."
[Trent] "We're family. We love you. And we don't want you to ever feel like you're alone in any of this."
[Trent] "Allison would have probably said it better, but uh...we feared for your friend Samuel, so we didn't bring her along." *smirks*

[Eric] "I know you're unique.. And I know that you've defined yourself by that.... It's your job.... And you carry all the burdens of the world on your shoulders.... But I think you don't realize you're also precious."

[Loretta] *can't help but laugh at Trent's last statement, tearfully*
[Loretta] *then looks at Eric, unsure of what to say, if anything*

[Eric] *Frowns, seeming to have used up all his good words and just shrugs* "Well... You are... Precious... To all of us... If we loose you in any way... We'll have lost something that can never be replaced... That's why you have to let us help you... And.. I'm sorry... I couldn't say it better yesterday.."

[Loretta] *hesitates a minute, then reaches out awkwardly to hug him*
[Loretta] "You meant well. It's just that i'm so screwed up..."

[Eric] *Puts his arms around her and frowns* "Don't say that.... If you believe anything i've said at all.... Then believe that you're really special, and really great and..... I.. can't think of any other words but just trust me on this... You are really great..."

[Loretta] *squeezes him and laughs a little*
[Trent] "Alright, how about we go home and let Allison make us lunch?"

[Eric] "I just tease you a lot, because I'm worried if you realize how great you are, you'll want to hang out with people cooler then me!"

[Loretta] "Hmm...that's why i tease you back!"
[Trent] *starts walking back to where he left the truck* (Samuel's place)

[Eric] *Smirks and peers over her shoulder while letting her go* "That and because it's good to see you turn around, cause it is ALL fine down there too!" *Gives her a warm smile and nods after Trent* "You comming home?"

[Loretta] *pokes Eric in the ribs!*
[Loretta] "I guess...got nowhere else to be."

[Eric] *Frowns and squeezes her hand while pulling her along* "That IS where you belong.... And.. I was thinking while we were talking and I was checking you out..."
[Eric] "I know... You're better at kicking monsters asses then any of us.... But.. Trent has this thing where he can smell reallly good... Peter says he's real good at observing anything.... and Allison is trained as a cop to spot trouble..... That's all true right?"

[Loretta] "Yeah..."

[Eric] "So.... Why don't you and me do all that patrolling on saturdays and sundays.... and they can do it on the rest of the days.... and if there's any sign of trouble, they'll call you.... and you can kick it's ass.... But you won't have to be out the entire night every night.... You can come to school with me.... Just as a trial run.... Nothing comitted.... Just to see if it works out..."
[Eric] "Ofcourse I'd understand if you felt bad having to stand in my academic shadow..."

[Loretta] *shakes her head* "I can't do school."

[Eric] "Why not? You could give it a try... If it doesn't work out there's nothing lost"

[Loretta] *makes that face she makes when she doesn't want to talk about something*]

[Eric] "Don't do that thing where you wrinkle your face and give me means looks instead of answering.... Just... Be honest... You can trust me..."

[Loretta] "Can't enroll without transcripts, and parents. And...well...i didn't even finish 7th grade." *looks away immediately*

[Eric] "You can't tell me you're not smart though... I'll bring you up to speed myself... It shall be Eric's master class.... Topless...... Alright, you can keep your clothes on!"

[Loretta] *smirks*

[Eric] "Just... Give it a chance... I'm actually experienced in tutoring others, and you're a lot smarter then those.... As for transcripts and parents.... We'll let others worry about that..... and if that doesn't work.... I'll just teach you myself... So you can get your GED by the time I finish too"

[Loretta] *sighs* "Maybe, i guess..."

[Eric] "Just give us a chance... We might surprise you...."
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:18 am

[Trent] *returns to the house, drops his keys on the counter, and falls into a chair with a deep sigh*
[Allison] *Has cleaned the house spotless by now, and smiles at Trent* "Welcome back honey, where's Eric?"
[Trent] "Bringing Loretta home. She...almost left town this morning."
[Allison] *Frowns and stops smiling* "What?... Because of peter?"
[Trent] "No. Because of us, really. I mean i think it started with Peter, but she and Eric had a big fight last night too, and...i don't know, it was a lot of information to process at once while they were yelling at each other, but the main point seems to be that she felt like we had too many expectations of her, and that she just wanted to be left to her own devices. Eric explained that we only interfere because we care, and want to help her, and it seemed to get through to her."
[Allison] "Oh..." *Sits down on the couch and remains silent for a long moment, before sniffing and wiping her eyes*
[Trent] "Sounds like she rebounded pretty fast too."
[Allison] *Continues to sniff softly and wipe tears from her eyes while moving over to sit next to Trent and lay against him* "What do you mean?"
[Trent] "Eric said she was seeing that pirate she met. They were at his place when they had their altercation."
[Allison] *Scowls, her fingers digging into Trent's arm as her eyes seem to harden to the insane look of a mother lion protecting it's cub* "I knew I should have had that pirate and the whole lot of his friends locked up and shoved into mexico! Do you know where this place of his is?"
[Trent] "Yes, but I don't think he's the main problem."
[Allison] "Good! You can show me, after I get my things... and what do you mean by that?"
[Trent] "I mean she was just acting out because she was upset."
[Allison] *Nods slowly* "You mean he took advantage of her because she was upset?... But i see your point... I can handle Peter too..."
[Trent] "What do you mean 'handle'?"
[Allison] "I mean I will make it absolutely clear that if she ever sheds another tear because of him, very bad things will happen.."
[Trent] "I think they're both suffering enough, honestly."
[Allison] "And what is it he's suffering from? An inability to realize he's a grown man with responsibilities. Like the responsibility to support Loretta and comfort her, instead of making her cry and god knows what else he wants. I thought when he came back he was diffirent... But it seems to be going down the same road."
[Trent] "I thought so too, and i think they're past it, but i don't know. Things are so complicated with girls..."
[Allison] "I have had my share of problems too in life, but I never placed them on Eric, I tried to shield him from them. And Loretta has such difficulties already. And Peter has the responsibility of being a grown man, and not placing extra burdens on our special girl. So that she ends up trying to run off! You know there's truth in what i'm saying, don't you?"
[Trent] *sighs* "Yes. But she was upset over other things too. Eric disapproving of her choices, for example. I think that was the final straw. She already knew how we felt about certain issues. So i think it's good that he's the one talking to her right now."
[Allison] "They do seem to get along so well normally... I mean they tease eachother constantly, but otherwise... I thought they had gotten very close"
[Trent] "That's probably why it hurt so much. Anyway, you should be proud of him. He said some very wise things to her."
[Allison] *Smiles slightly and nudges Trent* "Maybe he's picking up some things from you"
[Trent] "Or maybe he was raised well."
[Allison] "But that's what Loretta needs, friends her own age, with whom she can play and be happy. And she needs you and me to be strong and love her unconditionally and protect her the best we can. What she doesn't need is Peter making her break down every month making her life even harder, or some pirate trying to stick his sea eel where it don't belong!"
[Trent] *cringes* "That's a terrible euphemism..."
[Allison] "Not as terrible as thinking about what he's really trying to do... I hope you don't feel like I don't want your input because I really do... We're in this.. everything.. together... It's just how I see it... And I feel really strongly about it... Because I love her so much... And I really think i'm right.."
[Trent] "You are, but we almost lost her today. We need to be very careful about how much we push our ideas onto her."
[Allison] *Sighs and nods, putting her head against Trent's shoulder* "Part of me really wishes she was just a normal girl I could lock in her room and snuggle till she squeeks...."
[Trent] "I could weld bars around her room..." *maybe joking, maybe not*
[Allison] *Considers* "Yeah... at least we could hear it if she leaves.. But she might feel like a prisoner even more... I just want to make things alright for her... and it hurts when I can't.."
[Trent] *nods, agreeing*
[Allison] "Wish I could convince her to let me adopt her.... or... us.... If.. You wanted to.. as well.. " *Looks at Trent slightly nervously*
[Trent] *smiles* "Of course i would. It's a lot of paperwork though, and time, for something rather intangible."
[Allison] "Maybe.... But I think it'd feel right... And might make her feel like more of the family...."
[Trent] "I think you're right. It's worth a shot at least, if she could be talked into it."
[Allison] *Smiles and kisses his cheek* "Can't believe you're my husband... It's such a happy feeling..."
[Trent] *just grins*
[Allison] "Maybe Loretta would feel the same way... Even if it's just a document... it means something.."
[Trent] "I think it will mean something that we want to."
[Allison] "So... Should I talk to Peter?... or do you want to do that?"
[Trent] "I've already talked to him; what else do you want to say?"
[Allison] "I want to remind him outright that he's an adult, He needs to get his shit together, and if he can't do that, he needs to be able to be mature enough to admit that, and stay away from a teenage girl who already has too many burdens to bear. If he needs someone to talk to he can talk to you, a shrink, even me. But this is the second breakdown Loretta has had because of him."
[Allison] "And that's in the timespan of what... a month or two?..."
[Trent] "Two...and he's only been in town for a week of that time."
[Allison] "Exactly.... Loretta doesn't need that ontop of her own troubles. I know he's your friend, and I don't mind you two hanging out or anything. I don't even mind being Peter's friend, he said some really nice things at our wedding. But he was also the reason Loretta was crying on our wedding."
[Allison] "I'd like to be his friend, but if I have to choose between being his friend, and protecting Loretta, it's not even a choice. So maybe I should be the one to talk to him, then he can still come to you and complain how unreasonable I am, but at least the message will be clear."
[Trent] "You are a persistent woman..."
[Allison] *Smirks* "You just figured that out now?"
[Trent] "No, it just feels better to say it out loud..."
[Allison] *Smirks* "Well I was going to make a cake for Loretta and let you lick off the spoons but maybe now I'll have to think about it..."
[Allison] "Oh and don't think I've forgotten about that Pirate slime, I just want to be here when Loretta comes home"
[Trent] "Alright."
[Allison] *Kisses his forehead briefly before going into the kitchen to try and make something Loretta will like before she's home*
[Trent] *busies himself by going out to finally get a look at the damage to the cars*
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3900
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by Pyriel » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:54 am

[Peter]

Peter says goodbye to the girl, kissing her shortly, though the kiss is mostly a byproduct of perfect despair for him. He felt sure he had pushed Loretta to her first date with the pirate (he didnt know about their first night), and he felt kinda bad about it. But realy if Loretta wanted sex instead of love, and fun instead of happiness in her life, he couldn't give it to her. He wouldn't treat her like a toy.

He then goes downstairs and prepares for the morning lesson; not many people came to the dojo at school hours anyway, but he needed it more than the few early-hour students. Time passes by, and he has a break for some time after the second class, till afternoon classes start. He decides to call Trent and maybe go to them for lunch.
*calls Trent*
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by Pyriel » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:37 am

[Trent] *under Eric's car, making sure the damage is just superficial* "Yeah?"
[Peter] "hey dude. how are you?"
[Trent] "Ok; we're having a pretty weird day over here though."
[Peter] "why is that?"
[Trent] "Woke up this morning to Loretta trying to leave town. Fortunately, Eric's pretty persuasive, so he's bringing her home now. Don't know what-all's going on with that girl...anyway, Allison's doing a big lunch thing if you want to come by; i think it's going to turn into a bit of a welcome-home party, even though she's only been away a few hours. Allison took it really hard and wants to be sure she feels loved."
[Peter] "she tried to leave town? like, from allison's home? anyways...OK i guess; would it be a problem if i came for lunch?"
[Trent] "No, i think it would be better if we're all here."
[Peter] "cool. I'm coming then. "plus... cancel what i told you. i aint leaving."
[Trent] "Cool. Also, just a heads-up: Loretta got into a big argument with Eric last night, and i think that's why she was leaving, but Allison seems to think it was because of you. So she'll probably have words about that."
[Peter] "i can assume what it was about... but i am not running away from our group. If i was guilty of something, well then perhaps i'd run away."
[Trent] "Understood."
[Peter] "does she wnat to talk to me after lunch, or before?"
[Trent] "I don't know; just show up when you can; i'm sure she'll find time for it either way."
[Peter] "cool; will be there in ten mins."
*hangs up unless more added*
[Trent] *goes back to what he was doing once the call is finished*
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:16 am

Peter: *goes to Allison's house, feeling just a little bit nervous but only cause he wanted to get through with this without angering his friend*

Allison: *Finishes making her cake at some point and cleans off the counter, then paces back and forth impatiently around the room while it's in the oven*

Peter: *finds her, but just checks 'what's on the menu', letting her tell him to talk*

Allison: *Turns on the spot when any door is opened, expecting to find Loretta, and letting her muscles relax again when it's Peter* "Oh hello Peter"

Peter: "hey; how are you?"

Peter: "day was kinda weird i hear..."

Allison: "Yeah... But it's good you're here, we can have a talk, let's just do it upstairs for a moment"

Peter: *perception & notice for The Sight to see she's a Witch; not affecting conversation, just encyclopedicaly* [1d10+11] => [3,11] = (14)

Peter: ((saw it))

Peter: "of course." *goes upstairs* "what is wrong?"

Allison: *Walks over into Eric's room and steals his desk chair to sit down and turn to Peter, waiting for him to sit too*

Peter: *sits down, calmly*

Allison: "Listen, I don't know what happened between you and Loretta exactly, I just know that in the last two months, she's come home twice crying because of something that happened between you both. And I don't mean a single tear. I mean really crying and in pain. And that can't continue"

Peter: "Allison; i am in pain too. and believe me, i'm not getting the good part of the deal; If i was some bastard, i could have taken advantage of the situation. But you know what the problem is? i will *never* treat her like a toy. If she wants something, she must first become ... " *looks for words* "...mature enough to rise above such attitude."

Allison: "I'm sure you are, and I'm sorry you're in pain. But you are also an adult. You have a responsibility to handle your problems. And not place them on a child who's got it so difficult already. If you really care about Loretta you need to be a stable adult presence in her life. That means dealing with your emotions and pain yourself, or find someone to help you. But she's the teenager, not you, she can't take on more burdens then she already has on her own."

Peter: "If you think i dont deal with my pain myself, you've got it wrong. Hell, i wnat so much to rid Loretta of pain, that i even thought of leaving town. But guess what?... i was told it didnt work out the first time-and maybe thats why she cried the first time- so i didnt do it. so, i cannot leave town. Instead, it is *my* responsibility that I must be there for her, as any friend must do. And remind her, if needed, that she is a human being. And that, Allison, *IS* being a stable adult. Now, if i cannot disgrace her emotions by giving her all the WRONG stuff-why am i to blame? have you thought maybe her crying is part of another problem that, if solved, can make her relay happy?"

Peter: "maybe if she realises she needs happiness and not fun, she can get more intimate to our whole family and she can finaly find happiness; but thats GROWING UP, allison, i'm not responsible that it is just in process."

Allison: "Leaving town isn't the way grown people handle their problems either. Keeping stuff from her to protect her is not disgracing her Peter, it's what you do when you protect a child. And I'm not talking about lying about the easter bunny, I'm talking about keeping all these emotions you've got in check, tell em to Trent or Me, we can take it, she can't. Because I know she has a lot of burdens, that's all the more reason not to place more on them. Don't forget that out of the two of us, I have a lot more experience with raising a teenager. And I also have experience with what happens when adults place too many burdens on children, they can't handle it and spiral out of control. And she's already in danger of that because of the whole slayer thing."

Peter: "First of all, thats exactly what i didnt do. i did NOT leave. and I meant, i did not disgrace her because i didnt touch her. thats what i meant. now, about these pent-up emotions that you''re saying... and i should tell you, they're not my emotions but *our* emotions... do you realy volunteer to help?..."

Peter: "I mean, not *me*; just, with the whole thing."

Allison: "Ofcourse she has feelings for you too, she's a teenager, that doesn't make it right, and you need to be able to see the diffirence between that. Every year thousands of teenage girls fall in love with authority figures and older men. And they consider themselves flattered, and ignore it. Because that's the right thing to do."

Peter: "Do you realy think you know the whole story?...sure you're right in what you said. But i was not disagreeing; I am talkign about actualy letting you help... Why wont you accept that?"

Allison: "So go ahead, say what you want."

Peter: "Is this how you'll help?... thats not being a friend, thats questioning. I would *so* talk to you all you like, but you have to understand that knowing the full story will take time. Do i have to go throught his alone?..."

Allison: "No Peter you don't, but you also need to remember that my first priority is Loretta, I couldn't love her more if she were my own flesh and blood. And before we move on, I want to make absolutely certain you are aware of what I'm saying. This whole Idea that she's really a grown adult in a child's body, is over. She's absolutely wonderful and I think the world of her, but she's not an adult. But i'll gladly try to help you with your own feelings, as long as you promise to keep em in check around Loretta."

Peter: "I can do that."

Allison: "Good, I hope you understand I'll want to go and see Loretta when she comes home, but untill them, we have some time to talk, so go ahead, I'm listening, tell me more about it"
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:21 pm

[Peter] "well, first of all... i must talk about the memories i *do* have."

[Allison] *Nods, letting Peter speak while listening carefully*

"I remember Loretta came a lot to my place... and everything was realy fine. there was a problem, however... at some point, she was affected by her memories that i dont have... and we sort of went a different road,fromthe innuendos initialy i thought it was a random guy she had a crush on."
"until then, and even AFTER that,when we werejust friendly... everything wasfine."

[Allison] *Nods again* "Things seemed alright for a while when you came back."

[Peter] "but the thing is, at some points, i discovered what her innuendos were all about. It was realy innocent-We didnt know things would escalate. But see, at some point-we sorta started realising things could never work out under the curent circumstances. she's just too young, and wants different stuff that a proper, non-pervert adult couldnt give her.And since then,we entered a 'coping' stage." *lets her react*

[Allison] "It doesn't seem to have worked out quite as well, but alright, doesn't sound perfect, but at least reasonable."

[Peter] "we still have friendly non-romantic fun from time to time; just, we are in the process of getting used to not being together."


[Allison] *Considers for a while* "Together in the way me and trent are together, or together as in.. Spending less time with eachother in general?"

[Peter] "well, i meant it as... 'we cannot have a relationship at this point in time;we should get used to it and accept it.' we never, ehm... 'touched each other' anyway, so i think it should eventualy be fine, since its just a crush case.When we spend timetogether and act as just friends, things seemperfectly OK."

[Allison] *Nods* "That's good. I'm glad you realize it, and I'm glad we talked.... I should also tell you me and Trent are planning to adopt Loretta if she'll let us..."

[Peter] "why wouldnt i be glad about that?" *eyes widen in pleasant surprise* "if you convince her, it will make me very happy, for it means she is accepting family inher life."

[Allison] "I didn't say you wouldn't like it, it was just more of a general anouncement."

[Peter] "whoah... maybe we should celebrate again then... well, sorry for excitement, lets wait till you convince her. and please, tell her that if she went to school or started getting tutored by some professional, it wouldnt mean she couldnt work at the dojo; just that she'd be better at it."
"cause, you know... i've had great education... i know to appreciate it...'"

[Allison] "Yes, I'll be sure to let her know... We should head back down now though, can't trust Trent to keep an eye on the oven... He'll just smell it once it's burned and it'll be too late.."

[Peter] *grins* "true. Plus, i have an announcement to make, *personal* to you. none of my business, just you should know."

[Allison] *Get's up from Eric's chair and studies Peter* "Oh?"

[Peter] *smiles* "you're a Witch, you know that?..." *pauses for reaction* "you have developed magical powers. "
"perhaps as reaction to all thats been going on..."

[Allison] *Frowns, considering this for a moment* "No I haven't... I don't think i've developped any special powers.."

[Peter] "I am rarely, if ever, wrong. I can see magic flowing through you. Just keep an open mind about it, will you? You'll see soon enough, or can ask me to help-I understand this stuff instinctively. You can keep it a secret or totaly tell it to the others- its your business, not mine. just thoguth you should know."

[Allison] "Well... As long as it doesn't bother me.... Or stuff I touch startes turning to gold..."

[Peter] *winks* "only monsters and demons or other guys that deserve it i guess - i trust you for it."

[Allison] "Well for now let's just see how well I did with cake magic..." *Heads downstairs still considering this*

[Peter] *heads downstairs; while not having given up on his love for loretta, he didnt actualy say anything he didnt believe was happening*
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by Pyriel » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:34 am

(847) Loretta: *grows quieter, the closer they get to the house*
(848) Eric: *Feels he can probably guess why she's a little worried and takes her hand to squeeze it* "It'll be good to get out of these clothes at least, people keep giving us funny looks"
(847) Loretta: "Oh...yeah..."
(848) Eric: *Shrugs* "Or you can keep it on... Doesn't look so bad on you. But this tux is getting itchy"
(847) Loretta: *laughs a little* "You're right about the weird looks at least." *looks up at the house when they arrive* "Here we are..."
(846) Peter: *is actualy with Trent, checking out the cars, but doenst talk too much; If he noticed Erik and Loretta at all, he doesnt let it show, just to see what will happen*
(848) Eric: "It'll be alright, everyone loves you, you know." *Nudges her gently*
(847) Trent: *is muttering something about shop supplies and going unnoticed*
(847) Loretta: "Hmph." *walks in, hoping Allison is busy so she can go straight to her room to change*
(848) Eric: *Is still busy in the kitchen making treats, but would be certain to keep an eye out for any sign of the kids comming home*
(848) Eric: ((that was supposed to be allison, but I guess openrpg sucks today))
(848) Allison: *Is still busy in the kitchen making treats, but would be certain to keep an eye out for any sign of the kids comming home*
(847) Loretta: *tries to be sly as they arrive from the back door*
(846) Peter: (( sly as in Sylvester "Sly" Stalone?))
(847) Loretta: (eh, no. And she's not being uber-skillsy-sneaky either)
(847) Loretta: (just more...casual avoidance)
(846) Peter: ((y i knew :P ))
(848) Allison: *Turns around at some point to get an ingredient and notices the two teenagers moving into the house, and stopping mid move*
(847) Loretta: *looks rather guilty(
(848) Allison: *Bites her lower lip as she stares at Loretta, and her eyes become watery, and runs over to wrap her arms around Loretta so tightly as if someone is going to snatch her away from her arms, and kissing her hair softly, actually knocking Eric aside to get her arms around Loretta*
(846) Peter: *then watches too, wanting to prevent anything too hasty; doesnt relay interfere, but subconsciously uses Empathy for first time* [1d10+8] => [8,8] = (16)
(848) Allison: "Promise me you won't ever run away again without talking to me first, if you need to leave, just.... Tell me... "
(846) Peter: ((lol good roll too :P i'd think he gets most feelings of the characters with 3-4 successes))
(848) Eric: *Wrubs his arm slightly, mostly wounded in the pride*
(846) Peter: ((says "about exactly hoe the person feels" with good roll))
(847) Loretta: (hmmm so that gives him general emotions? I haven't read it)
(846) Peter: (( anger, grief, strongest emotions of character without roll; "with good roll, about exactly how he is feleing" ))
(847) Loretta: (and are you doing it before Loretta and Eric go inside, or after?)
(847) Loretta: (sorry for technicalities; i just want to type out the right stuff)
(846) Peter: ((he tries to watch the conversationf rom the distance, while carrying stuff to help Trent etc., but he has the vision to check them when they inside, even just from windows; if not, say so i can djust afterwards))
(846) Peter: ((you very right in questions))
(847) Loretta: (hmmm i'm just not sure if it would work through walls and stuff; the book just says 'nearby' doesn't it?)
(846) Peter: ((its a big house; he can be near enough and not in same room per se))
(847) Loretta: (i'll go with it; he could have started the read as they were entering the house, which would have been close enough probably)
(846) Peter: ((no i mean, he watches the conversation; i did specify he tries to be rdy if things go wrong, just... he doesnt draw attention))
(847) Loretta: (so he's following them in? See, i'm real confused lol)
(848) Eric: ((Think he's just standing out in the garden peering in from a distance))
(846) Peter: ((he goes through FRONT door, wants NOt to be too close, but if things with allison go horribly, he wants to be rdy))
(846) Peter: ((kk wait, stating action directly)
(846) Peter: *enters through front door; probably smells or otherwise feels the teens, and is in a room near enough, but not too near as to draw attention; he lets the conversation go on, but ready to interfere if things go realy bad; throws some looks just regularly enough to check emotions*
(846) Peter: ((so, NOT in the same room, but does see emotions, right?))
(847) Loretta: (i guess so?)
(848) Eric: ((So he's just in the living room?))
(846) Peter: ((so u can post))
(846) Peter: ((yeah, maybe pretends to watch TV or something; just looks *occasionaly* to make sure))
(847) Loretta: *is feeling emotionally uncomfortable, bordering on agitation*
(848) Eric: *Feels slightly concerned, and maybe a tiny bit anoyed at being pushed aside, but otherwise mostly just tired*
(848) Allison: *Is clearly overflowing with nothing but love and concern for Loretta*
(847) Loretta: "It wasn't running..." *wants to say 'because i don't live here,' but thinks it best not to at the last second* "Just...looking for a more comfortable situation."
(848) Allison: *Strokes Loretta's hiair briefly* "You can still come and talk to me, you can always come and talk to me."
(847) Loretta: "Ok." *said in a way that suggests she's humoring more than agreeing*
(848) Allison: *Let's out a soft sigh and wipes small tears away from her eyes, before taking Loretta's hand* "Let's get you changed out of your dress first?"
(847) Loretta: *looks at Allison like she's crazy* "I can change by myself..."
(846) Peter: "allison can i talk to you a sec?... then you can go to loretta if you like..."
(846) Peter: *interrupts, still in living room*
(847) Loretta: *uses this pooprtunity to wriggle away and run upstairs!*
(847) Loretta: *opportunity
(847) Loretta: (pooper-tunity, LOL)
(848) Allison: *Chuckles slightly* "I didn't mean you actually needed my help. Just as a general first action."
(848) Allison: *Looks at Eric for a moment* "You should change too"
(848) Eric: *nods, while letting out a large yawn*
(848) Eric: *Heads upstairs too, to his own room*
(848) Allison: *Checks on her baking things briefly, before heading into the living room* "Yeah?"
(846) Peter: "listen... Loretta looks a bit... i dunno, tired, socialy i mean. maybe she's a bit too introverted for her own well-being... but before anything is done about that... cant we give her some space?... sure, shower her with affection... But if its too much, it'll make her run away. She's just scared you're going to put her in a jar to protect her or something."
(846) Peter: "we can have a happy lunch... but cantw e avoid overreacting and hyperboles?"
(848) Allison: *Blinks slightly* "Excuse me?"
(847) Loretta: *finds something far more normal to wear, then changes and sits on her bed with a heavy sigh*
(846) Peter: "Its obvious you love her like your own child. But if you make her run away by scaring her... she's going to be denied that love of yours by her fears... just give her some time and space?..."
(848) Allison: "Maybe you've forgotten the conversation we had less then an hour ago about you deciding what's good for Loretta, I'm sorry if my emotions seeping through isn't up to scratch with your masterful child rearing skills. I didn't invite you along for lunch so you can critize and act superior within 2 minutes of her returning. I must be an outragiously horrible parent for you to stick your nose in after only that much time."
(846) Peter: "no, you aren't. But right now, Loretta wasnt ready for parents. she already had a too heavy day. she is scared of that, dont you see it?... cant you just act like that tommorow?... OK, if you want me to, i'll leave so as not to interfere. cause i'm not in favor of this scaring her away. Can i just go upstairs-under supervision if necessary- to give her something dojo-like and leave? then i'll say goodbye and you can have dinner,without my interference."
(846) Peter: ((you arent a bad parent* he said sry))
(848) Allison: *Crosses her arms and glowers at everything within sight, clearly deeply insulted by the suggestion she can't raise someone she considers her own baby* "And you determined all this by watching me for about what, 2 minutes? You already knew exactly that I was emotional and overreacting in hyperboles, she ran away partially because you made her cry, and now you're back here telling me i'm overreacting, You must be even more beyond the scope of normal intelligence then I realized. Did you consider that maybe a few things need to be said, a few small things said in those 2 minutes that were important. and afterwards we could move on to having a pleasant day? Or did you just decide 'again' that only you know what's good for Loretta and the rest of us are idiots. Well despite what you think we're not." *Holds out her hand* "You can give it to me and I'll give it to her."
(846) Peter: "No." *pauses* " it is two keys, from the dojo" *shows it* "but if anyone is going to give it, it's me. I totaly understand you have a right to be insulted though, and as i said i *do* understand you have priority over me in these matters. But the dojo is part of my* home*, and i only give keys to it myself. So, I shall leave now, though i'd realy like to say goodbye to her. Recognizing you as her parent, i accept your denying that. I leave, no hard feelings from me." *puts keys in pokcet* "but home is home."
(848) Allison: *Nods* "Yes it is" *Considers for a long moment, before swallowing some of her indignation* "I'll have her call you about it and wether or not she's up to work tomorrow at some point. So you can stay informed" *Considers adding "on how I mistreat my children", but decides to swallow that too, not wanting to actually insult Peter more now*
(846) Peter: *nods* "I totaly understand. I just hoped you understood i did what i did just because i think you would be a great mother for her and i was scared of her running from the place and people that could make her happy." *turns and leaves*
(846) Peter: "see ya; i *do* have no hard feleings at all..."
(846) Peter: *leaves, nods to Trent a bit* "hey dude; sorry, something at the dojo i had to take care of..."
(847) Trent: *smirks* "I heard."
(848) Allison: *Nods, considering briefly saying something nice to Peter, but her pirde still stings*
(847) Trent: "And no offense, but i have to live with both of them, so no way i was getting involved in all that."
(846) Peter: "no problems dude. I totaly understand."
(847) Trent: "Once everyone's cooled off a bit, everything will be fine again. Just...you know...girls..."
(846) Peter: *makes a friendly handshake and leaves*
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:52 am

[Eric] *Changes into some normal clothes at long last, then wanders back into the hallway, knocking on Loretta's door and not waiting for a response to head inside* "Whatya up to?.."
[Loretta] *was just sitting on her bed, looking thoughtful* "Nothing..."
[Eric] *Sits down on her bed, and let's out an enormous yawn* "That see-ee-ms unlikely, you've got frown wrinkles."
[Loretta] "Sweet of you to notice... But why do you ask anyway? Don't you have school or something today?"
[Eric] *Shrugs, and yawns again* "Dunno, what day is it anyway?... Don't remember... Besides, I had to save you remember? First things first."
[Loretta] *unamused* "It's friday."
[Eric] *Puts his head on the pillows just for a moment* "Why is your bed softer then mine?... Outragious... i'm the mbrrlther... mmm"
[Loretta] "Probably because it's less drool-encrusted."
[Eric] *mumbles something incoherently though the word breast can be briefly heard, and attacks Loretta with his feet*
[Loretta] *squeals and throws blankets between them!*
[Eric] *pulls those blankets over himself and makes some content sounds before really drifting off* "Retta..."
[Loretta] *sighs and lays down next to him* "What?"
[Eric] *Mumbles softly with his eyes closed, drifting between sleep and waking* "You're not gonna be gone...... when i wake up...... right?"
[Loretta] "Depends now long you plan to sleep here. I am heavily considering lunch..."
[Eric] *Shakes his head slightly* "No.... no, i meant.... gone gone... Like.. I won't see you again... and be sad.."
[Loretta] *reaches over and pokes him in the ribs* "I thought we made a deal about that."
[Eric] *whimpers and grabs her hand to hold on it gently on the pillow* "mmmm, not tonight, i'm tired..." *Let's out a snore*
[Loretta] *laughs and un-entangles herself, heading for the kitchen now that she's hungry, and could swear she smelled something good coming from that direction*
[Allison] *Is calming herself by focussing on what's happening in the oven, and decides the cake is just about right, so pulls it out gently*
[Loretta] "I think Eric just stole my room."
[Allison] *Frowns slightly, trying to figure it out* "Why.... He wants the one with pink sheets now?"
[Loretta] *shrugs* "He thinks it's softer, i guess."
[Loretta] "I wouldn't care, except his smells like Boy."
[Allison] *Chuckles* "Yes, not to mention the magazines he thinks he has so cleverly hidden. I'll go chase him out later" *Holds out the cake to Loretta, using overmitts ofcourse* "Whatya think?"
[Loretta] "I don't mind really, he was seriously tired." *looks at the cake, not really sure how she's supposed to respond* "Looks...like cake?"
[Allison] "Well that's a start, let's give a bit to cool down then see if it tastes like such as well?"
[Loretta] *nods and sits at the counter* "So you're probably mad at me..."
[Allison] *Puts down the cake, and sits down next to Loretta, taking off the ovenmitts as well* "No... Not mad, worried. A little scared, but i'm not mad at you."
[Loretta] "Are you sure? Aren't you guys...like...supposed to be doing some sort of newly-wed thing right now, instead of dealing with my drama?"
[Allison] *Smiles, mostly to re-assure Loretta* "Are you kidding, did you see the damage to our 3 cars? Trent is having the time of his life out there. Besides we have our whole life together. And if you're in pain, or need help, that always comes first."
[Loretta] "I'm not though, and i don't. I just got really mad at Eric. But i think we're cool now."
[Allison] *Nods* "Well... There's something else I did want to discuss..... I know I brought it up before, and you were hesitant... But I wanna bring it up again, and this comes from Trent too..."
[Allison] "We were hoping you'd seriously consider letting us adopt you. Because we feel you belong with us..."
[Loretta] *just frowns*
[Allison] *Stays quiet to give Loretta time to think and not wanting to push her*
[Loretta] "You realize Trent is three years older than me."
[Allison] *Nods slowly* "Yes, but i'm 8 years older then you. And mostly... We just want you to be part of our family for real, so you don't feel like you don't belong, because you do."
[Loretta] "But i don't belong. A piece of paper isn't going to change that. Not that i don't appreciate the thought though."
[Allison] *Reaches out to take her hand gently* "Why wouldn't you belong? We all love you and feel like you're a part of us."
[Loretta] *shrinks back a little, but doesn't quite pull her arm away* "I dunno, cause it's weird?"
[Allison] "We don't think so.... And even if everyone else thought so.... We don't care. To us all that matters is that we love you, and to us you're part of our family. And if anyone thinks it's odd then I say let em, won't bother me a bit. All that matters is you, and wether you want to be part of our family too..."
[Loretta] "Can't we just be friends? Why's it gotta be so serious?"
[Allison] *Considers this for a moment* "I suppose, because our love for you is serious too. As is our desire to have you as part of our family. But if you don't want that... That's alright. We'll understand, but sweetheart, is it at all possible, that you do want to be part of our family, and a small part of you is just a little bit afraid?"
[Loretta] *frowns and shrugs*
[Allison] *Runs her other hand affectionately through Loretta's hair and smiles softly at her* "And you should know that's alright? You're so brave, and you're such a fantastic girl. But this is scarier then a vampire or a demon. And you're not alone in that. But it can also grow into a wonderful thing"
[Allison] "So I'll ask you to do one small thing, if you feel that part of you might want to give us a try, just squeeze my hand. That's all."
[Loretta] *pulls her hand away and crosses her arms* "You're just as bad as Peter, you know? Eric too. Everyone wants me to 'try' something. 'Just give 'whatever' a chance.' Maybe i'm tired of trying so hard at everything?"
[Allison] *Sighs and nods* "Alright honey, do you wanna see if that cake is ready to be eaten then?"
[Loretta] *shrugs*
[Allison] *Get's up and heads over to poke the cake with her finger, then cuts off a piece to put on a plate and hand to Loretta* "Try it for me?"
[Loretta] *eats cake, and answers in a muffled cake-filled way* "Tastes like cake."
[Allison] *Nods* "I'll take that as a good sign, I hope you're hungry though, it's a big cake"
[Loretta] "Hey that's not funny..."
[Allison] "I wasn't kidding, I can't have any, I just got married, and if Eric is asleep. That leaves it up to you and Trent"
[Loretta] "But i ate so much cake yesterday!"
[Allison] "Good, then you know how, could you do me a favor and tell Trent there's cake?"
[Loretta] "Yeah." *leaves hers on the counter, half-eaten*
[Allison] *Cleans up a few things on the counter before heading upstairs to her own room, and dropping her facade to lay on her own bed, feeling drained and devestated, and just enjoying the quiet for a while*
[Loretta] *tells Trent about cake and goes to bed herself*
[Trent] *comes in for cake, and is somewhat confused by the empty lower half of the house, but eats cake anyway!*
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3900
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:32 am

No amount of cake could hide the tension in the house from Trent's senses, but he had long ago learned the value of patience. So he waits awhile before acting, letting both women settle in with their own thoughts for a bit. Then, he swallows back his sense of self-preservation and knocks on Loretta's door.

[Loretta] "What now?"

[Trent] "I know you're probably tired of talking. But is there anything you want to say?"

[Loretta] "Not really."

[Trent] *waits*

[Loretta] "Ok, maybe...i think i hurt Allison's feelings. I didn't mean it like that. Just...everyone's so serious with me lately. I don't like it. I just want to be left alone."

[Trent] "Do you want to be alone, or do you want to be allowed to do what you want?"

[Loretta] "...what's the difference?"

[Trent] "Well...you're alone when no one cares."

[Loretta] "Then i want people to stop making rules."

[Trent] "Fair enough...only it doesn't work both ways like that. If you're on your own, you do what you want because no one cares. If you let people care, then you have to make some small sacrifices to your freedom so you don't hurt them."

[Loretta] "So you think i should be a good girl so Allison's feelings don't get hurt."

[Trent] "No...i think you should stop pushing Allison away, and the rest will naturally follow."

[Loretta] "...you don't make any sense at all..."

[Trent] "Maybe..."

[Loretta] "I don't know how to be like that! I won't do it right."

[Trent] "Doesn't matter. We've been patient with you this far."

[Loretta] "I guess..."

[Trent] "It won't hurt you any. And if you need to get away, you can just sneak out again."

[Loretta] "You always know when i do that...don't you?"

[Trent] *nods*

[Loretta] *sighs*

[Trent] "Just give it a chance. We know it'll take some time."

[Loretta] "Alright. Tell her i'll do it. Just...as long as she doesn't try to mother me any more than she already does!"

[Trent] *smiles* "I think that's fair--also, i think Peter wanted to talk to you."

[Loretta] *makes a displeased face*

[Trent] "For what it's worth, i think he means well. He just needs some time to learn to be human, just like you do."

[Loretta] "Says the only one here that isn't human! Alright...i'll call him or something. Thanks."

[Trent] *nods and leaves her alone*
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3900
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by Pyriel » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:09 pm

[Peter] *has finished setting up stuff for the afternoon classes; feels weird that he's doing this alone for the first time, but decides to quickly get used to it; Just hopes everything went fine in lunch*
[Loretta] *sits back on the bed and calls Peter*
[Peter] *picks up phone* "hello?..."
[Loretta] "Hey; Trent told me i should call you."
[Peter] "Trent?..." *thinks it should have been Allison, but decides not to push things for now* "Ah, i guess so. listen... In the whole lunch thing, i kind of had to leave... i did want to stay and have lunch with you all and maybe even say goodbye first, but...i didnt quite agree with people being pushy on this. anyways, i had something to give you..."
[Loretta] "It's no big deal; Allison made a cake and then disappeared. I guess i upset her."
[Peter] "well... that is kinda sad... well, there was something about the dojo i was about to give you before all this went down the last few days..."
[Loretta] "OK..."
[Peter] "well... its a pair of keys, really; the first is to the dojo itself..."
"the second is... well, i sort of made a locker for you. A locker for which i don't have a key myself-its like, *your* locker."
"its not something you *have* to use; its something you *can* use if and when you feel like it, you know?..."
*waits*
[Loretta] "That's nice, thanks." "Right, that's cool."
[Peter] "and, about Allison... i realise she sometimes just wants to put you in some magic jar to protect you... but realise, she'll learn in time, right?..."
[Loretta] "I guess..."
[Peter] "one last thing; If you realy run away, i'd really miss you but would totaly accept it if it was really your choice. You should realise, however, that all of us- what we might want is irrelevant to wether we care for you or not; We don't care for you because of what you do or what you don't do-we just care for you, that's it." *pauses* "just like the locker; you can
stay with us or leave, we'll accept your decision, but no matter what you do, or how you might upset me or allison or anyone, you'll still have a place. you don't have to be alone anymore, unless of course you choose to. " *laughs* "Now, i realise i might have ruined my last chance that you return to the dojo, but i just thought you should know that."
"so... i guess this is goodbye?..."
[Loretta] "Why does everyone think i'm leaving? I came back, didn't i?"
[Peter] *laughs* "I know; i sort of decided not to leave myself, remember? but what i'm saying is, i respect any decision you make, but i like that you did this one."
[Loretta] "Ok...i guess i'll see you tomorrow?"
[Peter] "That would be realy cool, actualy. also, about lunch not happening..., you deserve to have a fun dinner with them. If you like, you should tell them and go for it.""If, of course, you like."
[Loretta] "I dunno, guess we'll see how the rest of the day goes..."
[Peter] "yeah, probably. so, i'll miss you tonight but i guess i'll be glad to see you tommorow; I hope you have a nice day."
[Loretta] "Thanks, you too."
[Peter] "bye." *hangs up*
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:02 am

[Trent] *walks into Allison's bedroom and slides into bed next to her, thinking himself rather suave!*

[Allison] *rolls over to study him and smiles gently again, noticing his look of being pleased with himself* "Did you eat that entire cake?..."

[Trent] *face turns to guilt* "Not *all* of it..."

[Allison] *Grins and kisses his cheek softly* "Pig.." *Let's out a soft sigh and snuggles closer towards him* "I don't know what I can do for Loretta... I try and I try.... and I only push her away.."

[Trent] *brushes her hair back so it's not in his face* "I talked to her some. She said she'd give the family thing a try. And she didn't mean to hurt your feelings."

[Allison] *Sighs and leans against his hand affectionately* "That's good... And I'm not upset because she hurt my feelings... I'm just upset because I want to help her so bad.... And I don't seem to be doing a good job at all"

[Trent] "You are; her brain is just wired different. It'll take some time for you two to understand each other."

[Allison] *Nods slowly* "I just thought.... Because I raised Eric... It'd be easier this time around.... But it seems that's one of those things about parenting... every child needs a diffirent approach... "
[Allison] *Leans over to kiss him briefly* "But this time I have you to help me"

[Trent] "This time you're parenting someone that's never been a child. But we'll figure it out."

[Allison] *Nods and hugs him tightly* "Yeah... We will... So... What's the next step?"

[Trent] "I guess making it legal. I was hoping you'd take the lead on that one though."

[Allison] "I did ask her... But she wasn't entirely receptive.... Maybe you should try, she seems to have a better understanding with you..." *Considers for a long moment* "Do you think they'd like going to the movie theater with all of us?"

[Trent] "I don't know, maybe?"

[Allison] "Just a thought... I thought an enjoyable evening out might be what we need.... Besides.." *Grins slightly* "We could make out in the dark..."

[Trent] *laughs* "I'm sure they won't want to sit anywhere near us anyway, so that's probably entirely acceptable."

[Allison] "Well we can ask them.. Worth a shot.. I think there's a new movie that's supposed to be good"
[Allison] *Get's up from the bed and sighs* "I don't know what to do about that pirate friend of hers either, every fiber of my being tells me to arrest the pervert and let him rot like we agreed.... I'm just scared it will push her away even more..."

[Trent] "Yeah...let's fight one battle at a time."

[Allison] "All that's required for the triumph of evil is for good men to stand idle...." *Sighs pulls Trent up by the hand* "Come on... I gotta inspect the damage you did on the cake front..."

[Trent] "Well i think 'evil' is a strong word, but you're mostly right. I told you, i didn't eat all of it!"

[Allison] "I think Evil is exactly the right word for pirates, killers and plunderers who are after our little girl...." *Tugs him along* "mmhmm, what about that one turkey I made a turkey from scratch.. "

[Trent] "No one else was home!"
[Trent] "And i believe they're *reformed* killers and plunderers. I think a little consideration should be made for former monsters."

[Allison] *Nods* "I agree... I think they deserve a second chance..... Then this one went after Loretta and wasted it..."

[Trent] *frowns* "I don't think she's exactly innocent herself..."

[Allison] "I know she isn't.... But that doesn't make it right..." *Sighs softly and squeezes his hand* "See honey..... Let's say she was a normal 15 year old..... Who develops a bad crush on her doctor... so the next time she visits the doctor, she does her hardest to seduce him.... Does that mean it's ok because she started it?.."

[Trent] "Well no...but she's hardly normal, and he's hardly a professional."

[Allison] ""I know.... That's what makes it so hard.... But she's also not an adult... and it's his duty to adapt to our society, not the duty of our entire society to adapt to him..."

[Trent] "Do you want me to talk to him?" *winces as he says it*

[Allison] *Considers for a very long moment, clearly she too is remembering the last time Trent faced those pirates* "Maybe that would be better... I don't think these pirates care particulary much about the word of a woman.... Maybe you'll be able to impress upon him how serious this is.... and how serious I am... Just make sure you're really careful.. Maybe i should drive you there when you go"

[Trent] "They're human now; i'm sure we can all be civil." *possibly trying to reassure himself more than her*

[Allison] *smirks and kisses his cheek lovingly* "You're such a kind heart.... If all humans could be civil there wouldn't be any need for cops honey.."

[Trent] "Yes, well, you know what i mean..."
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:46 am

[Samuel] *is sitting outside the apartment building in a lounge chair on the beach, drinking rum and coke, listening to bad 80's music*
[Trent] *after having inquired of one of his men as to his whereabouts, approaches*
[Samuel] *hears footsteps behind him and looks around, not surprised that it isn't one of his men* "Now what can I do ye for?"
[Trent] "Hey there, 'Captain' is it now? I'm Trent; we've only met briefly before, but my wife and i have some concerns about how you and your men are assimilating into our community. How are things, by the way? No trouble i take it?"
[Samuel] "Well, your time still has rum, though it is sweeter than what I remember.. then again, it was over 300 years ago that i last tasted it."
[Trent] *nods and has a seat on the sand, casually, before continuing in as friendly a manner as he ever speaks* "Here's the thing, and i'm just going to be real blunt about it: we're concerned you're taking certain liberties with Loretta that just aren't acceptable in our current time and society. Maybe it wasn't explained clearly enough before. She's like a daughter to us, so i'm sure you can understand why we're so worried."
[Samuel] "...daughter... Ah! You be the werewolf, no? Come now, can you show me what you can do? I have only heard rumors about being able to control the beast."
[Samuel] *takes a drink* "But, if you are looking for the lass, she skipped out on me early this morning. She did take some money, but not much."
[Trent] "i don't enjoy doing it unless i need to."
[Trent] "That doesn't sound like her..." *thinking: 'well yes, it does, but still...'*
[Trent] "How much does she owe you?"
[Samuel] *eyes Trent* "Pity, you would make a good pirate..." *sets down his glass and looks at Trent pointedly and waves off his last question* "No talk of owings, not between me an' her. And it seems to me, though I have spent only two nights with her, lovely and wonderful nights to be sure, but still only two, that the people she has around her do not know her very well and do not let her be herself very much. Slayers are like pirates, you can not force us to obey. Which is why i do not, with Loretta. She is free to be the woman that she is, I make no demands upon her."
[Trent] "She's a hard girl to know."
[Samuel] *picks up his drink again and takes another gulp* "Easy to know, for me. But, alas, she has left this town. Now who will help me and my men learn about this time."
[Trent] "I'm sure you can find a girl somewhere that's legal and willing."
[Samuel] "Legal? Prostitution is legal in this age?" *mutters about what some of the things his men told him and how a few skulls are going to get knocked around due to it*
[Trent] "No...i mean of legal age to cavort with pirates of their own free will. Like i said, our time is different. Girls Loretta's age are generally home with Mom and Dad for a few more years."
[Samuel] "Now that I can not understand, the magic people talk about those who seem to be Loretta's age, men and women to me, and how they rebel and other things. Why coddle them and keep them home when they want to be adults, as they always were? Are doweries that hard to come by? But why do you keep up with this type of questioning? Loretta is gone, no? I would not take your wife even if she begged if that is what you are worried about."
[Trent] "I'm not worried about that; i'm just doing my best to explain things so that you and your men don't find yourselves in difficult situations due to misunderstanding."
[Samuel] "Do not worry, my men are not rapists and know their way inside of a cell."
[Trent] *sighs, seeing that he's gotten absolutely nowhere*
[Samuel] "If Loretta returns, remind her that she has a few bags here as well as one of these rooms."
[Samuel] "If she wants them, that is."
[Trent] "She is back, but has expressed a desire to be part of our family. I wouldn't be so presumptuous as to tell you want to do, but my wife and i would both appreciate it if you would be considerate of our efforts and hers, and not actively interfere, if at all possible."
[Samuel] *grins at that bit of information* "Well now, she came to each time, an' I will not stop her. Will you be foolish enough to try?"
[Trent] "I haven't yet, but i'm beginning to think i should."
[Samuel] "If you want to lose her, then be my guest. As I said, I will be here."
[Samuel] *stretches out and drinks more of his rum*
[Samuel] *looks back at Trent* "Anything else werewolf? You have my word that I will not chase her skirt, what more do you want?"
[Trent] "What i want is for you to realize i'm only trying to help."
[Samuel] "Help who? Me?"
[Trent] "Yes. My friends and I went to a lot of trouble because of your former captain; i would like to think we have reason to work together on a few things: namely, keeping your men free and out of trouble. The best way i can do that is to keep you informed. The best way you can do that, is to be respectful of our laws and to encourage your men to follow them--even the ones that don't make sense to you. Trust me, there are plenty i don't agree with, but i know better than to tell officers of said law openly that i plan to disregard them."
[Samuel] *looks a bit confused* "I have not spoken to a officer, unless they wear the odd clothing like everyone else."
[Trent] "Ah, but you have. You've met my wife, i do believe."
[Samuel] "Women are sheriffs now? That is very interesting..."
[Trent] "Women, fat men, pretty much anyone. And they're not always in uniform, obviously, so you should always be careful in public. You're sure to have nosy neighbors as well; there's plenty of that in our time."
[Samuel] *peers at Trent* "You all are very worried about public spaces."
[Trent] "We have to be. If the nature or pasts of you and your men are exposed, it would raise many questions in the community. Questions that might effect my family, and may uncover some of our own past issues. I can't have that. You understand, i'm sure."
[Samuel] "You do not wish for people to know that you are a werewolf or that Loretta does what she does. I understand, that is why my men are aquiring modern clothing from Mrs. Penny."
[Trent] "Good, that's a start. I just want you to be sure that they behave, by my standards, and in return i will do i what i can on my end to be sure the police don't bother you. Do we have an understanding?"
[Samuel] *gets a hard glint to his eyes, and his body tenses just enough to no longer be relaxing* "I think you be overstepping your bounds there."
[Trent] "I don't think that i am."
[Samuel] "Then if you care about your sheriff wife, remind her that my men do not go to jail lightly or stop presuming to captain me."
[Trent] "She is well aware of the trouble you and your men will be, if it comes to that. But she is not bothered by it, nor will her coworkers be. I only want peace, which is why i have come to you. If it can't be that way, it's your choice, of course. You command the men, i do not. But i thought it was friendly advice, and might help your time her be more about fun and less about battle."
[Trent] "I thought your men would like a break from all that, but if personal freedoms are that important, i suppose we do have a problem."
[Samuel] *sighs, bored at how this is going* "Do not worry, my men behave when we are in home port. You are a hard man to needle, I had hoped to see your other half."
[Trent] *smirks* "Well, it takes a bit more to put me in that sort of mood; this was a friendly visit."
[Samuel] "Good to hear."
[Trent] *continues on his way then*
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3900
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by Pyriel » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:56 pm

[Peter]

Peter finishes his afternoon classes; He then remains hesitant as to what to do- He takes a shower, and is between ordering something and patroling; He decides its just way too early to patrol, hence he gets dressed up and leaves to spend some time in the club. He goes there, takes a look at the people, and orders a drink to have while sitting at the bar. He is also aware that he might be needed to help if any kind of danger was there, so he also has his dagger and a stake hidden. This wasn't a patrol, this was mostly so he could blow off some steam.. but if an innocent needed him there, he shouldnt be unprapared.

The Sight: 1d10+11=17
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:59 pm

[Loretta]

Loretta continues to sit on her bed for awhile, trying to determine what she should do next. Leaving the house again would probably just send everyone into another tizzy, and she certainly didn't want to wake or bother anyone, so she decides to write a few things down in her journal. After that, she lays back on her pillows (what little of them aren't being hogged by Eric) and wonders if she could catch a short nap. Tonight would be a good night for a patrol, and to maybe blow off some steam by picking a fight somewhere. She also thinks very briefly about paying Samuel another visit, but she had told him she was leaving down, so surely he already had different plans.
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3900
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:56 am

[Eric] *Groans a ridiculous amount as he wakes up again at last* "unnngggghhh, your beds so comfy"

[Loretta] "You already said that..."

[Eric] "Did I? must be the company..." *Tries to peer over her shoulder* "whatya up to?"

[Loretta] "Nothing." *closes the book and sets it aside*

[Eric] *Yawns and shakes his head clear* "Did I miss lunch? or dinner? what time is it?"

[Loretta] "You slept for two hours, and you missed cake, but Allison didn't really make lunch. I think we were supposed to find leftovers."

[Eric] *Groans again* "Oh bugger... All cake is gone? ah well...." *streches lazily and get's up from the bed* "I should take a shower.."

[Loretta] *shrugs* "Trent was into it last, so there may or may not be any left."

[Eric] "oh... prolly gone then.... like that turkey... I'll shower first then check"

[Loretta] "K..."
[Loretta] *waits til he leaves, then hides the book*
[Loretta] *after that, waits a few minutes until she hears the water start before walking into the bathroom too* "So are we going to patrol tonight?"

[Eric] "ah! You can't just sneak into my shower!" *Thinks about that position and changes it imediatly* "What I meant to say is eh... You know... we should really be conserving water if we're both in here anyway...."

[Loretta] *laughs* "No thanks, i already showered today. And since when does it bother you?"

[Eric] "It doesn't, I can understand totally you want to see more of me in the buff... I was just... caught of guard!"

[Loretta] "Well i'm not looking. Anyway. Tonight. Yes?"

[Eric] "Alright, it's a date"

[Loretta] *smirks* "No it's not."

[Eric] "It is if we meet anyone from my school, fair?"

[Loretta] *sighs* "I guess so. But anyway, i thought we could go somewhere and pick a fight; see you get some real experience at it. I'll stay close of course, just in case."

[Eric] "oh... You really like seeing me with a bruise don't you?.... Alright... just eh.. stay close.."

[Loretta] "What fun would it be if i didn't watch!?"

[Eric] "You're making me long for the days when it was just you hurting me... at least that was pleasant in a way... Gimme that towel?"

[Loretta] *hands him a towel* "Well i could keep doing it, if you really wanted." *evil grin*

[Eric] "I just suggested that and you weren't interested!..... oh wait.... you meant just hurting me without any of the good parts didn't you?"

[Loretta] "There would be good parts...for me..."

[Eric] *Smirks* "Yeah well... That wasn't exactly what I was aiming for... I was aiming more for a general good time, where I end up pained but satisfied!" *grabs another towel and wraps it around his waist*

[Loretta] "Hey, that part wasn't my fault!"

[Eric] *Let's out a bright laugh and sticks out his tongue" "The part where I was pained or the part were i got satisfied?"

[Loretta] *raises an eyebrow* "I didn't think the second part happened."

[Eric] *huffs up and would have ruffled his feathers if he had them!* "hmpf.. Well not the time you broke my rib, but before that...."

[Loretta] *thinks a moment* "Oh, that? Does that even count?"

[Eric] *Crosses his arms stubbornly, glancing around as if looking for something to use as a proper comeback* "Hey! You weren't complaining at the time!"

[Loretta] "Well no, of course not, but i really wasn't counting it. It's just the other time that counts, right? Even if you did...you know..."

[Eric] *huffs and puffs out his chest* "I'll have you know if you had been just a tad more careful you would have been one satisfied girl!" *Could not be bluffing more*

[Loretta] "I was getting there! But then there was all the crying that distracted me!"

[Eric] *scowls, hoping that wouldn't come into play* "Like I said! a tad more careful! I'm a man of finesse! not superman the man of steel, and I didn't cry! They were just... cries of pain..."
[Eric] "Manly... dignified cries of pain!"

[Loretta] "Yeah, yeah; i'm a rough, scary freak. But you're the only one that's ever complained!"

[Eric] "Hey i didn't say you were scary or a freak! I just wanted you to hold back! At least I wasn't disapointed with you the way you are.." *Shrugs, kinda wanting to take that back*

[Loretta] *frowns* "I guess you need clothes..." *leaves the bathroom to be out of his way*

[Eric] *Sighs and tries to hold her back by her hand* "Look, i'm not saying i'm like horrified it didn't work out.... It wasn't like I wanted to get married.... And I'm totally fine with us being friends... And i didn't mean to make you feel guilty... Just feels like... Everyone's special in some way... except me.."

[Loretta] "Yeah, well the way you're 'not special' looks pretty awesome from over here. Wish we could trade for a day."

[Eric] *Smirks* "I knew you came in to look at my awesomeness! But seriously... I know... it sucks.... In the way of the whole world it really really sucks.... but if you reduce it just to you and me, and our friendship.... It sucks for me too... Because you're special.. And I wish I was too so I could be the kind of friend who can help you out... Pick up the ball in case you fumble... "
[Eric] "That's nobodies fault, least of all yours... I'm just saying... Sometimes it seems like you deserve a friend that's better then me... A friend who's special like you, and can kick through walls and dodge bullets all matrix style.. But I can't do that, and I never will.. So sometimes I feel like i'm not as good as friend as I should be... Because I can't share that with you.."

[Loretta] *seems to really think about that for a minute* "I shouldn't be dragging you along on these things. I'm always afraid you'll get hurt, so i think i should make you train with me and practice this stuff like that'll help--but will it? Will i just get you killed? I don't want that... I like that you're normal. It reminds me that there's real people, and sane people still. That my reality isn't everyone else's."

[Eric] "But I do want to come along.. Because that's a huge part of your life.... What kinda friend would I be if I skipped out of it... I'm just saying... Sometimes it stings when I realize I can never keep up with you... But I shouldn't have projected it onto you... Besides, I'll be alright, i've got you looking out for me.... and I know that won't change.. You can't keep your eyes off my butt!"

[Loretta] *laughs* "Yeah, keep telling yourself that!"

[Eric] "Oh I definitly shall..." *studies her for a moment* "So we're good?.... Because it's starting to get cold in here! and that doesn't do any wonders at all for my chances of ever getting any again!"

[Loretta] *smirks* "Yeah, we're good."

[Eric] *nods and heads off to his own room*

[Loretta] *goes back to hers, and ponders her place in the universe some more*

[Eric] *Pops back into her room after 10 minutes wearing normal clothes again* "Daydreaming eh? Yep... The sight of my naked body can do that to a girl..."
[Eric] *Frowns, shuffling over to the head of her bed sneakily, and flips over the pillow quickly to hide the spot of drool*
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by verdilak » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:17 pm

Other than a few pirates, you do not see anyone else who is more than mortal, though there is one girl who has a bit of magical ability.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
User avatar
verdilak
l33t
l33t
 
Posts: 8757
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 am
Location: twitter.com/rpgaming
Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by Pyriel » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:28 pm

[Peter]
Peter is curious about many things:
one, he wants to see how these pirates treat other people. It's important wether or not they seem to change their ways, or cause trouble.
two, he is VERY surprised that these pirates are not mere human... that makes them intriguing..., or even possibly dangerous.
three, Peter wishes to check wether or not he can spot Dean and the others... maybe he could convince them to keep an eye on the pirates, as they would be more likely to spot and recognise him than them.
He is also interested in recruiting the girl with the magical abilities for the team; he doesnt have a plan, but maybe getting her to talk with him, maybe after a dance, would be an idea s to how to break the ice. if he waited till they were outside, she could leave before him, and if he said the truth abruptly, who knows how bad it could go...

Before any of this, though, he thinks of calling Trent, cause up to now, he felt so sure these pirates would be totaly human.
Decides to just send messages to all the others of the team, though with Trent he'd like to meet as he regards him leader;
they say "Pirates seen as no mere mortals. Might just be lingering curse, OR they might hide sth. Reapeat, pirates NOT mere mortals.stay cool; talk."
Last edited by Pyriel on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by verdilak » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:39 pm

Dean and the other hunters are not at the bar. If they are even still in town, no one actually knows. And as you watch, the pirates in the bar do not kill, maim, or rape anyone. They do, however, act eerily similar to a group of frat boys on the other end of the bar, and the pirates do not seem to be mimicing them.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
User avatar
verdilak
l33t
l33t
 
Posts: 8757
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 am
Location: twitter.com/rpgaming
Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by Pyriel » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:36 am

[Peter]
Peter giggles at the realisation of these pirates at least finding their modern world equivalent. So, since he did what he could do at the moment for his other considerations, the only thing remaining would be to meet this 'witch girl'. She could be a threat, or she could be a possible member of his squad-Peter frowned at him calling them 'squad' - or she could just be an interesting person to meet. It's not like he knew that many people or anything...

He orders a Caipirinha, and sits more comfortably in his seat; He looks at the girl-at times, *not* constantly-, trying to see any window of opportunity to go talk to her; If their gazes meet for a moment, he smiles at her and momentarily looks away, as if shy, and slowly tries to see her reaction.

Peter intends, after a while, to order a second drink, a Martini, and go over to offer it to her; He does so unless she reacts badly to what he previously does, or seems way too busy (there is 'busy', then there is 'do not disturb busy', and i dont know what she is doing)
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by verdilak » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:52 am

The girl seems to be with one the frat guys... actually, now that you look closer, all of the frat guys have a girl, and all of the girls seem to be out of place. They do not seem to be the typical girls that these guys would seemingly date, even with the recent trend in society that is giving the geeky sort of girls more popularity and allure. She doesn't even seem to notice you, or anyone else in the bar, looking much like the cat who has gotten into the cream.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
User avatar
verdilak
l33t
l33t
 
Posts: 8757
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 am
Location: twitter.com/rpgaming
Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by Pyriel » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:00 am

[Peter]
Peter tries to notice if theres any spell cast that affects these persons , the girls or the frat guys OOC:
(the (per normal rules, 3 successes in The Sight; since my previous roll of 17 didnt reveal anything, i guess that roll doesnt count and i roll for that now) 1d10+11=18 He also tries to see if anyone feels differently , hence maybe guilty of doing something weird. OOC:
(empathy) 1d10+8=14

If it is not supernatural, he doesnt think it concerns him, though definitely the presence of a witch in an awkward group * does* .
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by verdilak » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:15 am

There is a spell cast, but it is just a love spell and you can tell that it is already starting to wane... by morning the spell should be overwith. As far as feelings go, you feel nothing more than the typical feelings one would expect to get from the group.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
User avatar
verdilak
l33t
l33t
 
Posts: 8757
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 am
Location: twitter.com/rpgaming
Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:12 pm

[Loretta] *answers sarcastically* "Oh yeah, i'm so hot right now."
[Eric] *Smirks* "I'm glad you've gotten over the first stage of denial at least... Wanna grab something to eat?"
[Loretta] "Yeah, cake for lunch was a bad idea."
[Eric] *nods and leads the way downstairs*
[Allison] *Is busy making something for dinner, though slightly early* "I thought you two were going to sleep all day"
[Loretta] "Nah."
[Allison] "Good, because I was thinking... There's a new movie out, supposed to be good, I thought maybe the 3 of us could see it, my treat"
[Loretta] "What about Trent?"
[Allison] "He went off to do something manly, apparently no girls allowed, so it'd just be the 3 of us"
[Eric] *Scowls* "Why am I included in no girls allowed?"
[Loretta] *snickers* "Well, obviously, you're more suited to girls day out."
[Eric] *Scowls and picks up a fork to try and steal something out of Allison's pots, before being slapped away* "Hey! I'm hungry..."
[Allison] "You should have thought of that before i started making dinner... Now you'll have to wait.... So do you feel like going?"
[Loretta] *shrugs* "I'm not doing anything until later."
[Eric] "Yeah alright, if yer paying why not"
[Allison] *Carries on with dinner, but won't take much longer before filling up their plates*
[Eric] *Looses all interest in conversation when dinner arrives, and just tries to keep his mouth stuffed full of food at all times*
[Allison] *Studies Eric for a while* "You know somewhere in the world, there's a starving badger, eating his dinner with more table manners then you..."
[Loretta] *snorts a laugh, causing whatever she's drinking to come out her nose*
[Eric] *Tries to speak with a mouth full* "I.... starving too!"
[Allison] "How can you be starving when you've gotten a little eh... heavier lately"
[Eric] "noh fat... muscle!"
[Loretta] *nods to defend him...passively*
[Allison] "mmhmm" *Eats her own dinner steadily, though not bothering to try and keep up with teenagers*
[Eric] *Finishes first, and waits for Loretta to be done too before jumping up* "Alright, we'll see you at the movie theater in a bit, the closest one! Me and Loretta will take my car, what's left of it anyway"
[Loretta] *finishes soon after and gets up too, with a shrug*
[Allison] "Excuse me, who's gonna clean all this up?"
[Eric] *Shrugs* "We got a dishwasher for that? Come on Loretta!"
[Loretta] "We...could do it when we get back?"
[Allison] *Sighs* "It's ok, I'll do it, go ahead and i'll see you in a little bit"
[Eric] *Is already in his car, trained to move fast when chores need doing*
[Loretta] *frowns slightly, but follows Eric out*
[Allison] *Shakes her head after them but cleans up and gathers her things together*
[Eric] *Waits for Loretta to get in, before throwing the car in reverse and setting off to the cinema*
[Loretta] "She didn't even say what time it started."
[Loretta] "Or what we were watching."
[Eric] "We'll figure it out at the movie theater, there's always something playing, sometimes the cheap B movies are even more fun to watch then the hollywood crap"
[Loretta] "I guess so...i think she meant for us to do this *together* though. Like...maybe even arrive that way."
[Eric] "Well, her car only holds 2 people, and you wanted to go patrolling later, so we need two cars anyway?"
[Loretta] "Well yeah, that's true." *fusses with her hair a bit while Eric drives, as though this is the first time she's thought of it today*
[Eric] *Shrugs and keeps driving to the theater, studying her briefly* "What's up?"
[Loretta] "Blond really isn't me; i really need to color it again."
[Eric] *Smirks* "I thought you looked hot with pink"
[Loretta] "You just liked it because it's girly."
[Eric] *Smirks and shrugs again* "Can't take a compliment, fine, go with booger green then!"
[Loretta] "Pink isn't bad...
[Eric] "I thought it looked good anyway, besides you didn't keep it that long, with the wedding and all" *Parks the car at the theater*
[Loretta] "True; it should get another shot."
[Eric] *makes sure to lock the car once they're out and finds a place near the entrance to watch for Allison*
[Loretta] *follows him* "Want it to look like a date?"
[Eric] *Grins* "Well.. are you offering to make it look like a date? Otherwise why ask a question to which you know the answer"
[Loretta] *smiles and slides an arm around him, resting her head against his shoulder*
[Eric] *Smirks, and runs a hand through her hair once* "Blonde aint that bad either..."
[Loretta] "Maybe, but how will the bad guys ever pick me out of a crowd?"
[Eric] *chuckles* "Your eyes say it all."
[Loretta] "Maybe..."
[Allison] *Parks her car near the theater too, muttering about teenagers, but doesn't get out immediately, sending a text message to Trent first* {I hope it's going alright, and you aren't being seduced by the pirate life, took the kids to the movie theater, Love you.}
[Trent] *texts back immediately* {No way, did you see those chicks? On my way home now--love you too}
[Allison] {We're at the theater 3 blocks over just in case you want to join us, I left a steak in the microwave and set the timer, just press start}
[Trent] *smiles and just calls the woman* "Have fun with the kids; there's a couple of things i want to get done around the house before i go back to work."
[Allison] *picks up and nods* "Alright, I'll see you afterwards then. Be safe" *Blows a kiss into the phone before hanging up and heading over to Eric and Loretta* "What are you two doing?"
[Loretta] *takes a casual step away from Eric* "Waiting patiently?"
[Allison] *Shrugs, deciding she must be tired, poor girl* "So what do you two wanna see?"
[Loretta] *looks at the sign* "I haven't heard of any of these."
[Allison] "Oh, well that one is supposed to be about two people from different sides of a war who fall in love and struggle to keep their love going, it's supposed to be really good!"
[Eric] *makes a face like he just smelled cow dung* "Ewww, I aint watching that... Let's go to the horror one.. might be educational at least.."
[Loretta] *nods in agreement with Eric's suggestion*
[Allison] *Sighs* "Alright, Guess i'm outvoted..." *Walks over to get the tickets, then heads back to hand each of them one* "What do you both want for drinks and snacks?"
[Loretta] "We just ate..."
[Eric] *Is already in the middle of giving his order* "A large coke, and a large popcorn!"
[Allison] *grins* "This is not the first time i've gone to the movies with my brother... Sure you don't want something to drink though?"
[Loretta] "Nah, i'm good; i'd just have to get up and pee."
[Allison] *nods, getting Eric's things and a small soda for herself, then handing Eric his stuff* "Alright we're set"
[Eric] *Follows along untill inside the hall, then tugs Loretta along in a diffirent direction from Allison*
[Allison] "Where are you going?"
[Loretta] *doesn't protest, but looks a little guilty*
[Eric] *points* "That way... I can't sit with you... People will think I go to the movies with my older sister"
[Allison] "You ARE going to the movies with your older sister"
[Eric] "Yeah, but I don't want people to know that!" *continues tugging Loretta along somewhere in the back where the cool people sit*
[Loretta] *shrugs, as he speaks truth*
[Allison] *Let's out a deep sigh, looking around the room and trying to find a seat that's clean and away from other people, really wishing Trent was along now*
[Loretta] *sits next to Eric and wonders if he'll want to make out*
[Eric] *Sits down and puts the bucket of popcorn on his lap, though tilted in a way Loretta could have some too* "Think it'll be any good?"
[Loretta] "They never are. But sometimes the effects are good."
[Eric] "True enough..."
[Allison] *Glances around, wondering how this happened, she used to be the cool one, she used to be the one telling Eric he couldn't come with her and her friends*
[Loretta] *laughs inappropriately at the more violent scenes*
[Eric] *Smirks at her reaction, and decides to put his arm around her just in case someone is looking*
[Loretta] *leans closer to suggest she's not opposed to such things*
[Eric] *Studies her carefully, trying to figure out what's happening, but too thick to actually lean in and seize the opportunity, simply holding her close, enjoying the pretend feeling of sheltering her!*
[Loretta] *finds it odd, but not unpleasant, so smiles and kisses his cheek*
[Eric] *Considers briefly doing the same, but decides this room of complete strangers would definitely mark him a coward, so leans forward to give her a genuine kiss instead, even though he keeps his hands ready to defend any vital area's of his body from a swift hit*
[Loretta] *kisses back, and seems perfectly comfortable about it*
[Eric] *glances briefly over to his sister with a worried expression but then decides the number of make out sessions he's had can be counted on one hand, and it's worth, so just wraps his arms around her, and looses all interest in the movie*
[Loretta] *makes it good and believable!*
[Allison] *Glances back after a while to make sure her kids are alright, and narrows her eyes when they seem to be occupying about a single seat with the both of them, her hand squishing her soda bottle so it spills all over the floor and muttering darkly,* "Damnit..." *Spends the rest of the movie trying to get a more accurate idea of what the kids are up to*
[Loretta] *doesn't seem concerned at all about who might see, as for once she's not doing anything illegal*
[Eric] *Hasn't looked up once since last glancing in that direction, and his brain has since shut down for any bothersome thoughts outside of their personal space*
[Loretta] *pushes Eric away gently when her Danger Sense indicates the movie is nearly over*
[Eric] *Let's out a sad whimper before realizing the situation and straightening his clothes*
[Loretta] *puts a hand through her hair to 'fix' it, and looks innocent*
[Allison] *Walks over after the movie ended, but blocked by too many other people standing up to catch em in the act, so she glares suspiciously* "What did you think of the movie?"
[Loretta] "Standard zombie flick; lame exposition, but good makeup and costumes."
[Eric] *Adds lamely* "Yeah...."
[Allison] "Well... We should go on home... Trent is waiting.."
[Loretta] "Ok." *heads to Eric's car*
[Eric] "Wait, weren't we gonna patrol?"
[Loretta] "Right; did you need to go home for anything? I have my stake, so all good here."
[Eric] "I've been keeping some things in the trunk like you suggested..."
[Loretta] "Guess we'll see you in the morning then, Allison. Thanks for the movie."
[Allison] *Frowns, considering forbidding Eric, but she's got no hard evidence* "Well fine, but don't be home too late.... and don't..." *let's out a frustrated sigh, unable to finish the sentence and heads off to her own car to go home*
[Eric] *Whispers to Loretta* "You know.... the backseat of my car aint uncomfortable..."
[Loretta] *punches him lightly in the shoulder* "This neighborhood is actually pretty busy at night; we can start out on foot, and if we don't find anything, drive somewhere else."
[Eric] *wrubs his shoulder* "Well.. Can't blame me for trying... Think your boobs have grown at least a cup size since last time"
[Loretta] *smirks* "Probably..."
[Eric] *Collects an old crossbow Allison used to use from his trunk and hides it in his school backpack, then follows Loretta on patrolling, hoping the cold night air will clear his head*
[Loretta] *patrols as normal, seemingly unaffected*
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3900
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by verdilak » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:48 pm

GM: As you guys are walking around, looking for anything amiss... (roll notice)
Loretta: [1d10+8] => [4,8] = (12)
Eric: [1d10+3+2] => [2,3,2] = (7)
Eric: *Is clearly still in the movie theater in his head*
GM: Loretta, you hear something crashing through the woods towards you!
Loretta: [1d10+4] => [6,4] = (10) to see what it is
GM: It gets closer rather fast, and Loretta, your senses pick up that it is a vampire!
Loretta: "Take cover; vamp incoming!" *readies her stake*
GM: (you have a round to say or ready yourselves, then Initiatives)
Eric: *plans to get the crossbow from his schoolbag, even as he looks around confused for any such creature*
GM: (Dex+fast reaction time which is +4)
Loretta: [1d10+11] => [6,11] = (17)
Eric: [1d10+3] => [4,3] = (7)
GM: [1d10+5] => [1,5] = (6)
GM: The Vamp runs straight at the both of you, not even attempting subtlty, acting rather starved.
Loretta: *plans to clothesline it as he runs at them, then kick it (twice) while he's down* [1d10] => [10] = (10)
Loretta: [10+14-1] => 23 [10+14-3] => 21 [10+14-5] => 19
GM: The Vamp ducks underneath Loretta's clothesline! (spent a Drama Point to get a dodge of 26)
GM: Eric!
Eric: ((Did I have enough action before the initiative to actually get out the crossbow?))
GM: (yeah)
Eric: *Despite having little to no experience in actually firing the crossbow, he remembers going for the heart is the general idea, so tries just that* ((Tried to find something I don't suck at it, but it isn't there!))
GM: (lol)
Eric: ((Ok, I can't possibly succeed a through the heart, can I change that to a standard shot? lol))
Eric: Either way. [1d10] => [9] = (9)
Eric: ((Normal shot would be 12, through the haert would be straight out 9))
GM: The arrow goes just enough wide to not hit the Vampire.
GM: Who then reaches out at Loretta in a attempted grapple and bite! (18, 16)
Loretta: Dodges [1d10+14] => [9,14] = (23)
GM: He stumples past the girl who he thought was ripe for the picking.
Loretta: *punch, sweep kick, kick* [1d10] => [4] = (4)
Loretta: [4+14] => 18 [4+14-3] => 15 [4+14-5] => 13
GM: The punch connect, but he dodges the kicks.
Loretta: 21 bash
Eric: *Reloads!!*
Eric: ((Yeah that's right, we don't all have shiny multible actions))
Loretta: (aww hehe)
GM: Turns to Loretta, game face full on, and attempts to grapple and bite her again. (18, 18)
Loretta: Dodge [1d10+14] => [9,14] = (23)
Loretta: *punch, punch, sweep kick* [1d10] => [2] = (2)
Loretta: think those were all misses, unless attacker wins ties
GM: (defvender wins, and the Vamp does dodge)
GM: Throws a punch and a kick at Lorettal. (15, 14)
Eric: ((Hey it's my turn first!))
Eric: ((I might be insignificant but i demand a turn!))
Loretta: lol
GM: (my bad lol, Eric, go!)
Eric: *Grabs his reloaded crossbow and takes a wide arc around the melee brawl, to end up behind the vampire at some distance*
GM: (okay, Vamp still does the same thing)
Loretta: Dodges with +14 so he misses
Loretta: *punch, kick, punch* [1d10] => [5] = (5)
Loretta: [5+14] => 19 [5+14-3] => 16 [5+14-4] => 15
GM: The punch lands as the Vampire dodges the kick.
GM: Erick!
Loretta: (21 for damage again)
Eric: *Tries to shoot the vampire through the heart this time*
Eric: ((Also using todays free drama point!))
Eric: [1d10+3+10-3] => [7,3,10,-3] = (17)
GM: (what would the damage be?)
Eric: [21*5] => 105 (i think)
Eric: ((16 base crossbow, +5 from rolling a 17, times 5 for shooting a vampire through the heart))
GM: The Vamp uses his remaining Drama Point to halve the damage, making it just the normal damage of 21.
Loretta: (aww sad)
Eric: *Seems pleased enough he at least hit his target* "Hah!"
GM: He glares at you Eric and attacks with a kick and a punch! (16, 13)
GM: (at Eric)
GM: (since you only took one action to move, you are still within range of his attacks)
Eric: ((I'll use a drama point to have a chance at the dodge at least!))
Eric: ((and try to get go for the first))
Eric: [1d10+3+10] => [8,3,10] = (21)
GM: Loretta!
Loretta: *Takedown, punch, punch* [1d10] => [6] = (6)
Loretta: [6+14] => 20 [6+14-2] => 18 [6+14-4] => 16
Eric: ((if he doesn't have fast reaction time he can't dodge loretta at all, since he's turned to me :P))
GM: The Vamp is taken down, punched, but by now, he knows that something is going on, and dodges the third punch.
Loretta: [8+5] => 13 bash and [16+5] => 21 bash
GM: Eric!
Eric: *Reloads again!*
GM: The Vamp reaches up to grapple Loretta and attempts to feed from her! (18, 18)
Loretta: Dodge [1d10+14] => [6,14] = (20)
Loretta: *stake through the heart* [1d10] => [8] = (8)
Loretta: [8+14] => 22
GM: Attempts to dodge! (Loretta gets 3 success levels)
Loretta: [19*5] => 95
GM: The vampire growls and reaches up at you one last time, and then melts away into dust.
GM: (Notice, both of you)
Loretta: *brushes dust off herself while putting the stake away* [1d10+4] => [10,4] = (14)
Eric: [1d10+3+2] => [5,3,2] = (10)
GM: Loretta, you heard an odd sound as the dust fell to the blacktop...
Loretta: *winces as she puts her hand in the dust to investigate*
Eric: "Did you see me hit it? right where I was aiming too!"
Loretta: "Yeah, that was cool..."
GM: You find what seems to be a clear-coated pill of some sort, but as you look at it, you can see that it is actually electronic below the clear skin.
Eric: *Wrinkles his nose a little* "You dig around inside their dust a lot?.."
Loretta: "Usually there's nothing left. But what the hell is this?"
Loretta: *holds it up*
Eric: "I dunno.." *Stuffs the crossbow back into his schoolbag before walking over* "lemme see"
GM: [1d10] => [7] = (7)
Loretta: *holds it out in the palm of her hand*
GM: As you hold it out for him to see, the thing, whatever it is, explodes! Loretta, you take 10 damage.
Eric: "Ack!"
Loretta: "Ow!"
Eric: "You alright?"
Loretta: "Relatively." *hand is all bloody and pretty nasty looking*
Eric: *Frowns, taking her hand to study it* "We'll need some water to clean it and wrap it with something" *looks around briefly to see if there's anything left at all* "They don't ussually explode do they?"
Loretta: "Well no, but i don't know what that was. Never seen a suicide bomber vamp, but that wasn't big enough to do much damage."
Eric: "More like a self destruct... You know, when they don't want people finding out something..."
Loretta: *looks at her hand again* "Well, to large surfaces at least."
Loretta: "You think someone lowjacked the vamp and hit the self destruct button?"
Loretta: "Maybe we should go..."
Eric: "Which i'm guessing means we really want to find out.. Anyway, let's get your hand cleaned up first"
Eric: "Well maybe not that, but i'm guessing someone did something to him they don't want us to find out about..."
Eric: *Takes her other hand to search around for some source of water, preferably a fountain or such*
Loretta: "The mall has a bathroom."
Eric: *Nods and heads into that direction, ripping a sleeve off his shirt, which takes several times, to wrap around her hand loosely* "Not too tight since it needs to be cleaned first, just don't think we should have the other people at the mall see you walking around with a bloody hand, might get awkward questions"
Loretta: *shrugs* "I'll just tell them i should have listened to my mom: firecrackers are dangerous."
Loretta: *goes into the bathroom to rinse it off, ignoring the odd looks she gets*
Eric: *waits outside, leaning against a wall and trying to look casual*
GM: The two women inside the restroom finish their buisness quickly.
Loretta: *rinses it in cold water until the bleeding slows, then squeezes out the blood from Eric's shirt sleeve, rinses that too, and wraps it the best she can with one hand before coming back out* "I think there's some pieces inside, but when i push on them, i get dizzy."
Loretta: "You know...cause it's icky?"
Eric: *Frowns* "That's not good, why are you pushing on it? Might be a nerve or something.."
Loretta: "Well, the hole isn't big enough to grab it, so i thought maybe if i squeezed some behind it, that might work."
GM: As you guys are standing there, you both notice a group of guys who are wearing rather modern clothing, but full of scars and badly sewn gashes and are looking rather uncomfortable in them. Of course, the swords hanging at their sides also add to their odd appearance.
Eric: "Just sit down here on a bench, and i'll be right back. Don't pick at it anymore!"
Loretta: "Let's just get home and do it there; if we wait too long it'll close up."
Eric: "That's why I was gonna get some antiseptic and a pincer at the pharmacy, it's quicker"
Loretta: "Oh, i guess that'll work."
Loretta: "At least i'm not dripping anymore."
Eric: *Keepss an eye on the unusual people he suspects of being formed pirates, and pops into the pharmacy to get said supplies*
Loretta: *looks the men over (pirates?) as she sits and waits, checking to see if she recognizes them, and also using The Sight, since she's stuck here with nothing better to do* [1d10+4] => [8,4] = (12)
GM: They are human, but yet seem to be something a bit more.
GM: And they are wearing faces familiar to you from your time with the pirates, short as they may be.
Eric: *Heads back to Loretta with his supplies, and sits down next to her* "Alright.. Hold out your hand, I'll try to be carefull" *Tries to get out any pieces with the kind of careful study he uses in school projects of this type*
GM: [1d10+8] => [4,8] = (12)
GM: One of them points to loretta and calls out, "Oy! Its the Missus!"
Loretta: *smiles and waves, then winces as Eric gets to work*
Eric: *Let's a mental sigh, and thinks to himself 'great, them again' but doesn't speak his mind, instead focussing on Loretta's hand*
GM: The come over and congregate over the wound and Eric's handling of it, acting much like a clutch of worried mothers, "I saw you have to piss on wounds like this to keep them healing right." "What are you talking about, thats for jellyfish!" "Here boy, let me, I have a way with needles." "Oh yeah, then why does my chest look like this!"
GM: Eric, dex roll to get peices out
Loretta: "No worries; i heal fast, Eric's just getting the parts that shouldn't be there out."
GM: modified by medical skill
GM: The pirates, to a man, draw short daggers, and speak over one another "I can get the pieces out!"
Eric: ((Guess science skill don't quite cut it :P))
Loretta: "Eh...no thanks; he's got it covered, i think."
GM: (add half your science skill, since electronics are usually coated in blood and intertwined around muscles and bones)
GM: (are not)
Eric: [1d10+3+1] => [9,3,1] = (13)
Eric: ((I was thinking more biology class and disecting frogs is also a science ))
GM: Its not artfully done, but the pieces all come out.
Loretta: *makes a face, but holds still*
GM: (i dont think that is covered by the science skill, but either way)
Eric: "Sorry about that.... But I think I got them all at least"
Loretta: "That's all that matters."
Loretta: *looks at the pirates* "Are you guys...shopping?"
Eric: *Nods, drops a little antiseptic onto the pincers and then stuffs em back into their case, to put into his schoolbag for another time, then takes a gentle hold of Loretta's hand and the antiseptic bottle in the other* "This really stings... does to me anyway... So please don't break my hand..."
GM: One of the pirates, a rather odd juxtaposion of a grizzled and beared guy wearing clones meant for men in their early 20's, "We came to watch a magic show!" *pointing at the movie theatres* "Are you coming to see the Cap tonight?"
GM: (clothes)
Loretta: "Eh...we were planning to hunt for vamps tonight, but found one pretty early." *glances at Eric before continuing* "We haven't had time to discuss further plans."
Loretta: "The captain has no reason to expect me, though."
GM: Another guy nods solemly at the mention of Vampires. "'Da lot o' dem be yella currs."
Eric: *Seems quite content to ignore the pirates, and merely shrugs at Loretta's look, instead dropping a little antiseptic into each of the small cuts*
Loretta: *lets out a tiny girlish whimper, but keeps still*
GM: "Why would d'e Cap'n not be expectin' yea?"
GM: One of them smells the antiseptic, "Piss would work better."
Loretta: "Um...well...there was a discussion this morning, concerning that. And eww! No pissing on the Slayer."
GM: "Well, whichever yea choose. But t'is one 'ere, 'e doesn't 'ave much meat on 'is bones for a girl like yourself."
GM: He is obviously referencing Eric.
Loretta: *laughs* "Well he's my friend anyway, so i like him just fine that way!"
Eric: *Closes the antiseptic bottle and puts it into his schoolbag too* "Yeah... I'll just have to find a way to live with the fact that you think little of me.. Must press on 'somehow' "
Loretta: *nudges Eric to be nice*
GM: The pirates all grin, "I'll let the Cap'n know how you be doin, and boy, if you want to gain some muscle, we can help see to that." They give a look that actually puts a bit of fear in you, unsure of their training methods.
GM: "And 'elp yea get some manly scars for yer trouble. The women, d'ey love d'e scars. Shows d'at yea are a man!"
Eric: "Yeah well, your captain already offered me a nice careeer with you all, but I'm still going to have to decline, if I want to get some more combat training I can ask Loretta" *Considers for a moment, and decide pirates seem to throw in half insults so he does too* "SHe's more pleasant to look at and smells a lot better then the lot of ya."
GM: One of them eyes Eric, "Unless you be a whoopsie... you aren't a whoopsie, are you?"
Loretta: *grins and gets up from the bench* "No, he's definitely not. Send the captain our regards."
GM: You both get patted hard on the back and they wander off, nearly commandeering an ice cream cart and nearly causing the worker to shit himself "Froze ice!" "This must be what heaven tastes like!"
Eric: "And this used to be such a good neighborhood..."
Loretta: "They're nice, just...a little rough around the edges."
GM: Though, after they throw a handful of money at the guy, he tells them they can have the cart, which they then attempt to ride and move with the umbrella pole.
Eric: *shrugs* "Probably.."
Loretta: "So...we could patrol some more, but i'd rather not hit stuff with my hand all sore."
Eric: *Nods* "Yeah, you should probably let it rest a bit..."
GM: Most of the people around, who are college kids for the most part, just assume the pirates are part of a flash mob or other perfomance art.
Eric: "So... Do you want to go home? Or do something else?" *Frowns while looking back at the pirates* "Or leave you be and head on home alone..."
Loretta: "I'm leaving with you, aren't i? Home would be fine. I know it's going to heal, but it still hurts like a bitch."
Eric: "Sorry... I know that antiseptic hurts, but it's the best way, especially since we don't know what that thing was that blew up.."
Loretta: "I'm not complaining. Just not in the mood for much in the way of being out on the town"
Eric: *Heads on towards his car on a leasurely pace* "That's alright, we got that one vampire! Well... You did mostly.."
Loretta: "You got a good shot in. It helped a lot."
Eric: *Smirks* "Liar, but thanks"
Loretta: "Well, ok... it helped."
Eric: *stops at a general store* "Did you decide what you're gonna do with your hair?"
Loretta: "Pink, i guess."
Eric: "Wanna get some?"
Loretta: *smiles* "Yeah."
Eric: *Nods, and takes her along inside to get her some hair dye* "My treat!"
Loretta: *grabs the only box they have, since it's not exactly a popular item, and mostly used for halloween*
Eric: *Will pay for that it, and then take her back to the car, first throwing his backpack into the trunk*
Eric: *Seems to remember her hand at the last moment and opens her door for her and then heading to his own* "Straight on home then!"
Loretta: "Thanks, but my other one works fine!"
Eric: "Doesn't matter, with all these pirates around the only way guys like me will impress anyone is with chivalry.... and the occasional snide remark..."
Eric: *Drives back towards home, though keeping a close eye out for trouble just because of a bad feeling from the exploding object*
Loretta: "It's a good thing some girls are into that!"
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
User avatar
verdilak
l33t
l33t
 
Posts: 8757
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 am
Location: twitter.com/rpgaming
Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by Pyriel » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:54 pm

[Peter]
Peter thinks the Love spells thing kinda lame...he feels a bit sorry for that situation in front of him and turns and leaves. For a very brief moment, he does consider going to the shop owner and trying to cast a spell on him to forget Loretta... but he isn't really into mind-control stuff. Not magic, but time would be the thing helping him with this problem. He briefly considered patroling, assuming the 'family' would be having dinner together, so he couldn't really hang out with someone. With that, he went back to his home.
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by verdilak » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:24 pm

Peter, you get the feeling that someone is watching you, but no matter how you look, you don't see anyone.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
User avatar
verdilak
l33t
l33t
 
Posts: 8757
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 am
Location: twitter.com/rpgaming
Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by Pyriel » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:00 am

Peter naturaly assumes its something mystical at first, but when that doesnt work out too... He doesnt know what to expect. He shouldnt get back to the dojo-he still assumed something supernatural, and that supernatural shouldnt learn his whereabouts. He decides to head for the magic shop and see if that one is open. If his phone works, thinks fo sending a message soon... if it doesnt work, he starts assuming something military in nature...
Last edited by Pyriel on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:02 am

[Trent]

On the way home, Trent stops at a hardware store and gathers supplies for the Murphy family home's most pressing maintenance needs. He plans to just do a few small things before Allison and the kids return from the movies, but buys everything he will need for the next months' worth of repairs. It's always nice to have things to do for when things get too quiet, and with the wedding finally over, there was bound to be at least a little of that.

As soon as he gets there, he scrapes and re-caulks the kids' shower. It seemed someone was always in there, so with everyone out of the house, it was a rare opportunity to get that finished. Next he replaces the seals in the faucet of the kitchen sink--the slow drip that no one else seemed to notice had been driving him nuts at night for weeks. Finally, he cleans the dust out of the furnace, replaces the air filter, and lights the pilot--the evenings were getting chilly, and Allison would want to use the heat soon.
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3900
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by Pyriel » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:49 am

[Trent] *notices the text from Peter about the pirates, so calls him*
[Peter] "hi. did you get my message?..."
[Trent] "Yeah, that's why i called; i was over at Samuel's place this afternoon; i didn't see anything that caused me alarm."
[Peter] "well, that is good... i wonder what is it then, if not them... going to the magic shop." *pauses for 5 seconds* "did i have any enemies?..."
[Trent] "Well, they're over 300 years old. It's probably magic alone that keeps them from suddenly becoming so much human dust."
[Trent] "And maybe those guys you were a labrat for?"
[Peter] "yeah, i even wrote in my message that it could just be it and we shoudl stay calm. " *listens to Trent's idea about enemies and thinks this could be it; even if it wasnt he'd be a fool not to prepare*
[Peter] "listen, i am going to the magic shop, if its closed then tot he cafe we went with loretta when searching the beach before pirates came. i will NOT go to my place, and i will try not to bring too many things with electronic signature..."
[Trent] "Alright..." *thinking he must have asked for a reason*
[Peter] "i repeat, its important; i will NOT go to my place."
[Trent] "Gotcha."
[Trent] "Do i uh...need to be taking a walk or something?"
[Peter] "I dont know... i wouldn't go to places recorded as mine though... and i should try to avoid getting isolated... but what you do is your choice, no obligation or anything.." *feels guilty that he might have involved them*
[Trent] "Alright, well you know how to find me."
[Peter] "Right now, i shouldnt be going to private places really... unless mayother people are there."
many other*
"and when talking to phone, i'd avoid specific words..."
"so, its sad that i cannot meet you there.maybe the said cofee shop?..."
"Not now; expecting the wife soon."
[Peter] *sighs* "okay... tell anyone that i shall not be returning to my place for some hours or even couple of days...until i confirm some things..."
[Trent] "Alright; take care."
[Peter] "...i'll try."
"take care too."
[Trent] *ends the call, very displeased*
[Peter] *ends the call too, secretly hoping Trent takes the hint for 'no obligation' and doesnt choose to help him so as not to endanger the others*
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by Pyriel » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:52 am

[Peter]
Peter tries to go to the magic shop, as the owner did seem like the kind of guy that stays there the whole time.
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:01 am

[Trent]

Trent immediately springs into action, and in fact had already checked all the doors and windows to be sure they were locked by the time he finished the conversation with Peter. Next he gathers up all the weapons and ammo in the house, and prepares for a standoff if need be, obstructing the larger windows and less substantial doors with heavy furniture. Once he's done all of this, he busies himself by making a few Molotovs.

Peter may just be a paranoid nutjob, but if the people he thought were after him really were, Trent and everyone he loved was already fucked. He hopes Allison arrives soon, and that the kids are close behind.
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3900
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by verdilak » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:11 am

The Book Store that is in actuality a magic shop is indeed open Peter.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
User avatar
verdilak
l33t
l33t
 
Posts: 8757
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 am
Location: twitter.com/rpgaming
Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by Pyriel » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:28 am

[Peter]
Peter enters the Book Store, thinking of his priorities;
one, he should think of a way to confirm wether the people watching him was really who he thought it was; he couldnt be sure despite Trent's suggestion.
two, he should search for a spell that would give him information on his assailants-this info was in his mind *somewhere*. from what he had heard, getting his memory back could prove a very bad idea... but if there was no other choice to learn about this group, he should go along with it, if only to help protect Trent and the others.
three, he should find a way to disguise himself somehow.
several ideas where going through his head- he wouldnt necessarily do them all, not if he first didnt calm down;with that, he went to talk to the owner.
[Peter] "um... hi." *obviously troubled*
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by verdilak » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:48 am

The owner looks up, "Yes? Can I help you?"
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
User avatar
verdilak
l33t
l33t
 
Posts: 8757
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 am
Location: twitter.com/rpgaming
Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by Pyriel » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:06 am

[Peter]
"I seem to have a problem; I feel like someone's watching me, and i am not sure as to who it is. Sad thing is, even if I'm wrong... there are certain people that could be watching me. I don't know if there is any spell regarding gathering information about them, or about masking me and the people i care about from them. " *pauses* "I never figured how did you do when the pirates attacked... or didn't you hear about it?Me and my friends, we were kinda busy at the time..."
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by verdilak » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:26 am

The shop owner grins, "To answer your last question first, you will not get an answer from me. Trade secret and all. Now, about the possible people who may be watching you, I need to be able to fine tune it, so to speak, or else you would go blind from every passerby who glances at you. Do you have any inkling at who might be interested in watching your movements?"
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
User avatar
verdilak
l33t
l33t
 
Posts: 8757
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 am
Location: twitter.com/rpgaming
Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by Pyriel » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:38 am

[Peter]
"I think it is a paramilitary organization that once did experiments on me... Even if they are not doing it this time, they are the ones i'm mostly worried about. "
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by verdilak » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:53 am

[Shop Owner]

"And might you have a name for them?"
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
User avatar
verdilak
l33t
l33t
 
Posts: 8757
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 am
Location: twitter.com/rpgaming
Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by Pyriel » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:20 pm

[Peter]

"I... i *would* know them, but it appears i have lost my memory. At first, i was given hints that i wasnt a very nice person and hence i shouldnt get my memory back... But now i think maybe i need to get my memory back if i need to protect myself and those i care about. maybe a spell to give me my memories back would also give you the name of the organization we need."
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by verdilak » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:51 pm

[Shop Owner]

Thinks for a few moments before speaking again, "I have a spell that could help you regain the name of this group you are looking for, possibly. But it needs to be during noon, the sun helps with the effects, and needs to be done at the beach. Of course, since I am going to have to close my shop, it will not be cheap. Unless, of course, there is someone else who might be able to use the spell."
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
User avatar
verdilak
l33t
l33t
 
Posts: 8757
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 am
Location: twitter.com/rpgaming
Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:25 am

[Allison] *Becomes more and more convinced of shady dealings going on in the movie theater, there's only one reason she can think of for two teenagers to be that close together, when it's hard to tell where one ends and the other begins. And so involved in her thinking she almost runs a red light but catches herself just in time; Parks her car hurriedly at home, and hops out to try and open the door as always*
[Trent] *recognizes the sound of her car as it nears the driveway, and meets her at the door suspiciously*
[Allison] "Oh, hey honey, I'm glad you're here. you'll never believe what I saw"
[Trent] *grabs her by the arm, firmly, looking around with shifty eyes* "Get in."
[Allison] "ow, careful!" *Frowns, wrubbing her arm once she's inside* "What's wrong?"
[Trent] "Not sure; Peter called and said he thought he was being watched. And if he is, and we weren't yet, that phone call probably changed things." *said as he locks the back door, picks up the kitchen table, and sets it back down, on its side, in front of the door*
[Allison] *Frowns studying her husband with a gentle affectionate expression* What makes you think this is something serious and not just some misunderstanding?..."
[Trent] "Well...because it's Peter! Weirdness follows, i suppose." *paces, obviously thinking*
[Allison] "That's for sure..." *Walks over to slide her arm into his and lean against him* "But you're all worried for something so vague... Don't remember you pacing like this..."
[Trent] *looks a bit shifty again before pulling out a cigarette and doing a major no-no by lighting it in the house* "Maybe. Maybe, but the stuff with those military people is weird. They were after him, he went back willingly, then he came back all ok again but not remembering anything? Something's up with that."
[Allison] *Gives him a look that shows nothing short of true love is keeping her from taking that cigarette and stomping it out* "Alright, that's true, so what makes you think they're involved? Did he actually see someone following him?"
[Trent] "Well no, i don't think so..."
[Allison] "So... We don't really know anything other then that Peter 'feels' he's being watched... Isn't it a little early to start barricading our door?"
[Trent] "You're making it sound like i'm overreacting."
[Allison] *Smirks and kisses his cheek* "Well honey you did re-organize the entire house in the time I was gone to withstand a siege of unknown people or beings who like to watch Peter..."
[Trent] *gives her a bit of a dark look* "My *family* lives here. If i had my way, it would always be siege-ready."
[Allison] "I know honey, and I love you for it, but you have to admit, we could do with a little more information..."
[Trent] "How often does it end up being nothing?"
[Allison] *Sighs and wraps her arms around him* "Alright, we'll do it your way until we're sure it's safe..."
[Trent] *finally looks satisfied with the course of the conversation, and even smiles a little* "So what did you see today?"
[Allison] *Her own face hardens now* "Oh! Yeah! Eric!....... I mean.... Loretta!..... I.... In the movie theater!"
[Trent] "Yeah, you mentioned you were going to the movies."
[Allison] "They didn't see any movie, they were too busy....." *Shudders* "You know..... Making out..."
[Trent] "Oh."
[Allison] "oh???"
[Trent] "Yeah. What?"
[Allison] "They're like.... brother and sister, it's icky!"
[Trent] "Well...yeah, i guess i can see that. But they're also teenagers. And let's be honest, it's not the worst thing Loretta's been caught at."
[Allison] "Yeah! what about that.... I mean... Peter, that pirate, now Eric... I'm starting to think she needs a chastity belt!"
[Trent] "I think that's considered abuse. Oh...you meant figuratively."
[Allison] "I wasn't suggesting we actually put a belt on her... She'd just break it anyway.... I'm just saying... We're still dealing with her last fancy... and she's already moved on to the next... How did that go anyway?"
[Trent] "I don't know that i'd say 'next'... Oh, not great, but not bad. He was rather offended by most of my...eh...suggestions. But he wasn't particularly antagonistic either."
[Allison] *Frowns* "What do you mean you dunno about next?..."
[Trent] "Eh..." *conveniently chooses now to finish his cigarette and take his time putting it out*
[Allison] *Narrows her eyes dangerously* "Trent...."
[Trent] "Well i don't WANT to hear and smell everything that goes on in this house! But i can't turn it off."
[Allison] "You knew they were making out? How long?"
[Trent] "You don't want to continue on this line of questioning..."
[Allison] "I think I do! How long have they been doing this? I can't believe I didn't even notice, or that you didn't tell me"
[Trent] *lights another cigarette*
[Allison] "Well... and what else didn't you tell me?"
[Trent] "It wasn't an ongoing thing, so i stayed out of it. I didn't think it was worth upsetting everyone over."
[Allison] *Scowls* "You don't think it's wrong? They're teenagers, they're living in the same house, they spend a whole lot of time together..." *Frowns when these arguments start to seem really feeble, so picks a fall back position* "They're like siblings!"
[Trent] "I know. I thought they figured that out too; that's why i'm surprised you saw what you did. At least they're the same age?"
[Allison] *Scowls and crosses her arms* "I should never have allowed him to grow up passed 12.... He was so cute then.... Not... kissing Loretta and being stubborn all the time.."
[Trent] "Well, i'm sure you'll want to talk to them about it. But try not to point out that i notice this stuff--i don't want to be the creepy old guy that told on them."
[Allison] "Yeah... Because we have such a great track record in telling Loretta not to see someone...."
[Trent] "I was thinking more along the lines of a more general conversation that, at least in Loretta's case, i get the impression probably hasn't happened yet--at least not with anyone that had any business talking to her about such things. As far as Eric goes, i think we can chalk it up to gender and availability."
[Allison] "At least this explains one thing... Didn't you say they had a huge fight about that pirate or something?..."
[Trent] "Yeah, pretty huge."
[Allison] *Nods* "I guess something like... Loretta choose that pirate over him or something happened..."
[Trent] "He thought he was protecting her. Pretty brave of him, really, considering."
[Allison] "Yes well... Clearly we now know what bodypart he was thinking with.... "
[Trent] "I've taken great care not to be privy to all the gorey details, but i really think his intentions were noble. He's a good kid."
[Allison] "Well..." *Sighs and walks over to hug Trent and lean against him* "What do we do now, which crisis do we resolve first?.."
[Trent] "Not sure." *grins, looking proud of himself* "But I fixed the sink."
[Allison] *Grins, nudging him playfully* "Well good, that's why I married you, all those house repairs that needed doing, Easier to just get you!"
[Trent] "Great! So it's settled then. You'll talk to the kids when they get home."
[Allison] "Wait, that wasn't agreed upon.... Wasn't the world going to end or something with Peter's friends?"
[Trent] *shrugs with a smile* "You said it was no big deal..."
[Allison] "Clearly I was wrong, it's of the highest priority, we need a large fence and a big wall, and a large mote.... and a titanium door on loretta's room, complete with windows..."
[Trent] "I'll get started on the plans right away."
[Allison] "Good...... Alright... I'll try to talk to them.... Sometime soon...."
[Trent] "City ordinances might present a problem with the exterior wall...and the moat. But if the fence matches the neighbors' on both sides, i can probably electrify an inner structure and get by with it that way..."
[Allison] *Turns to study him affectionately* "You would have prefered to build our house from scratch yourself wouldn't you?... I wasn't actually suggesting we build a fence, a wall and a moat.. it's not a castle..."
[Trent] *looks disappointed*
[Allison] "Well... Maybe we'll buy a piece of land someday... and you can build us a castle with walls and fortifications..."
[Trent] "Loretta can sleep in a cage in the basement." *may or may not be joking*
[Allison] "Yeah... With a dragon for guard..."
[Trent] "Well now you're just being silly!"
[Allison] *Puffs up, and crosses her arms defiantly* "What? I married a 'werewolf' ! Why can't i have a dragon guard if I want one?"
[Trent] *smiles and brushes her hair back to kiss her cheek* "If my princess wants a dragon to guard her little girl, i'll do my best to get her one."
[Allison] *grins and leans against him* "Good..."
[Trent] "So...speaking of our wayward teens, i suppose they weren't coming straight home?
[Allison] "No... They were going to patrol.... They probably were going to.... right?..."
[Trent] "Probably."
[Allison] "I'm... Sure they were... Loretta is really serious about that...." *Seems to be convincing herself as much as Trent*
[Trent] *nods* "She really is. And if you want, i can move everything back, but i still don't have a good feeling about what might be going on with Peter."
[Allison] "Just leave it for now.... It'll bother you otherwise... I know it will... You can be in charge of the house security..."
[Trent] *seems satisfied with that* "Good, i'm not going back to work until Monday." *suggesting a lot of things are going to change around here by then!*
[Allison] *Frowns, but decides to just keep an eye on his progress* "Yeah me too.. So did you find the dinner you left me, or shall i make you something?"
[Trent] "Oh, no, i guess i was busy and forgot about it."
[Allison] "I'll make you something..."
[Trent] "Leftovers are fine; no need to cook dinner twice.
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3900
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:00 pm

[Loretta] *stays oddly quiet for the ride home*
[Eric] *Heads on home at a leasurely pace and studies her* "It still hurts?"
[Loretta] "Yeah, a bit. Been hurt lots worse, but it's distracting."
[Eric] "Maybe we can get you something for it back home..."
[Loretta] "It's not the pain so much as just irritating me. You know...it's my hand of all things. Kinda troublesome."
[Loretta] "Go figure, i might have to ask you to open the pickle jar!"
[Eric] *Smirks" "You're probably stronger in your off hand then me in both.... but hey, if you ever need a hand, you know I will... or try anyway"
[Loretta] *smiles* "Yeah..."
[Eric] "Though you may need some help with that hair dye.... Ah, see now the way luck favors me..."
[Loretta] "Haha, well it was your idea!"
[Eric] "Yes at the time I was merely being helpful, but now i realize karma blessed me in return..."
[Loretta] "It always will..."
[Loretta] *smirks* "There's probably plenty in there to do yours too!"
[Eric] *chuckles* "Don't be talking crazy now..."
[Loretta] "I think it's your color..."
[Loretta] *studying him, as though pondering it*
[Eric] "Hey! Don't give me that look... I'll scream!"
[Loretta] "We can't have that. I might like it."
[Eric] "Why am I not surprised to hear that.... Still I doubt bright pink hair would do much for my sex appeal..."
[Loretta] *smirks* "You really think we can hurt it any more?"
[Eric] "Hmpf, I'm going to let that one pass this time, because you're hurt..."
[Loretta] "Oh come on; you tease me enough back."
[Eric] *Smirks* "Yes, but mine never leave any doubt that I think you're cute! Especially now that you're filling out.... You though..." *Shakes his head gravely*
[Loretta] "Aw, you already know i can barely keep my hands off you!"
[Eric] *Smirks and nods* "Yes... that IS true..."
[Eric] *Parks the car in the driveway but seems to try and spot something through the window* "I think the dinner table is gone..."
[Loretta] "Gone?"
[Eric] "Well not where it should be anyway..."
[Loretta] "Hmm..." *wincing as she gets out, because she forgot and used her injured hand to open to door*
[Eric] "See? That's why you need to let me by chivalrous and open doors for you! That and it makes me look cooler, which i know is important to both of us."
[Loretta] *muttering at herself* "Yes, of course."
[Eric] *Demonstrates this by trying to open the front door for her, and frowning when it won't open* "What the..."
[Trent] *slides the table back into it's proper position and unlocks the door, guiltily*
[Eric] "oh... that's where it went..." *Looks at Trent pointedly* "So... you're barricading the door against us now?"
[Trent] "No, not against *you.*"
[Eric] *walks on inside* "Who else are you expecting?"
[Trent] "No one, just...Peter thought someone was following him is all. And he called to tell me about it, so...i was being cautious?"
[Loretta] *follows Eric in*
[Trent] "You're hurt. What happened?"
[Allison] *Comes out of the kitchen immediately* "Who's hurt?"
[Loretta] "Vamp. Just one though. And he had something inside him that exploded in my hand."
[Trent] "Loretta."
[Loretta] "I'm not hurt bad; Eric cleaned it out."
[Allison] *Frowns, and walks over to her anyway* "Let me have a look anyway..."
[Loretta] *recoils a bit* "No, it's all fixed up; stopped bleeding a long time ago."
[Trent] "You said something exploded? What kind of thing? Where was it?"
[Loretta] "I dunno; kind of looked like a pill. When the vamp dusted, it feel out, so i picked it up, since clothes and stuff usually go dusty with them."
[Trent] "That's strange..." *gives Allison a bit of a 'See!?' look*
[Allison] *Hovers around Loretta anyway* "So.. someone is boobytrapping your vampires?"
[Loretta] "I guess; it was tiny, so i'm assuming it was meant for the vamp it was on."
[Loretta] "I uh...doubt they thought i would be dumb enough to pick it up; if they did, they should have made it much bigger."
[Allison] "Why would someone put something exploding into a vampire? Either you want it dead or you don't... Right?"
[Loretta "It was really hungry too, like, i dunno why it would be in the middle of town like that, and not have eaten yet."
[Eric] "Maybe it escaped before whoever was doing whatever it was done doing to him...."
[Trent] "Or someone wanted to see what a Slayer could do, and sent one in with a kill switch."
[Eric] "I dunno... Could be if they didn't tell the vampire.... but It seemed kinda surprised when Loretta kicked his ass..."
[Trent] "I don't like when things are mysterious."
[Eric] "Which is like... Always?"
[Trent] "Yeah."
[Eric] "But hey, if they are putting bombs into vampires... Sounds like technology... Maybe i can find something about it online..."
[Trent] "Guess it can't hurt, if you do find something, we might be able to rule out military."
[Eric] "Yeah... can't hurt, i'll check it out later... And put on a new shirt... this one got damaged..."
[Allison] *Studies both of them, but decides now isn't quite the right time to bring up subjects that may start another argument*
[Loretta] "Yeah, better wash off all the vamp grit too." *goes to the pantry and pulls out a roll of plastic wrap, being lazy and wrapping it around her hand to avoid changing the bandages again right away*
[Allison] *Waits untill they're out of sight and let's out a sigh* "You think they're related?"
[Trent] "The vamp and whatever's worrying Peter?"
[Allison] *nods*
[Trent] "No reason not to suspect it."
[Allison] "I guess it is a big coincidence.... but it pokes holes in my theory of peter just being paranoid.... Any idea how we can find out more?"
[Trent] "You mean besides hitting the streets and trying to find something ourselves?"
[Allison] "Right.. Besides that..."
[Trent] "No, not really."
[Allison] "Can we use magic to find them?"
[Trent] "I don't know how any of that stuff works."
[Allison] "Yeah... I wouldn't be sure where to even start looking either..."
[Trent] "Peter said he was going to the magic shop; maybe he had a similar idea."
[Trent] "And he'll surely want to hear about the explosive vampires."
[Allison] "Ah.. maybe we should just wait here then, and keep an eye out?"
[Trent] *hesitates* "Maybe you should stay here and have a talk with the kids; i can go work on things with Peter."
[Allison] "Oh, I was thinking I'd do that in the morning... Already had a big conversation with Loretta today that didn't go too well... Don't think there's any reason to worry while she's hurt?"
[Trent] "I guess not; i'll trust your intuition on that one."
[Allison] "Then in the morning I'll talk to Eric.... And to Loretta when the time seems right.."
[Trent] *kisses her cheek* "I'll go see if i can sniff anything out then."
[Allison] *Kisses his cheek back affectionately in return* "Alright, but be careful, and let me know if you find anything, and when you'll be home..."
[Trent] "I'll keep you updated, and let you know if there's something we can use help on."
[Allison] "Ok good, no wait, what about your food, I almost finished it?"
[Trent] "I guess i can eat fast."
[Allison] "Good, I don't like you going out hungry..." *Takes his hand to pull him into the kitchen and serve his food*
[Trent] *is all to happy to let her, and doesn't mind the excuse to spend a few extra minutes at home before leaving*
[Eric] *Studies his shirt once he's in his own room, deciding he really didn't care for it anyway, that's why he wore it out to patrolling*
[Loretta] *showers and changes as well, frequently forgetting to be gentle with her injured hand*
[Eric] *Tosses the shirt into a corner and picks out a new one, before finding Loretta and waiting for her* "Feel any better?"
[Loretta] "Less icky, yeah."
[Eric] *Sits down on her bed bored and shrugs* "Now what? want anything else for your hand or a painkiller?"
[Loretta] "Nah." *remembers the plastic and takes it off, tossing it into a trash basket*
[Eric] "Lemme see it? I'll read your fortune too"
[Loretta] "You just saw it..."
[Eric] "Not since you showered and not in in proper light, might be more to see now..."
[Loretta] "I guess so." *sits on the bed too and pulls off the bandage, revealing that it looks exactly the same as he left it*
[Eric] *Studies it closely to see if there's really no more shards and then nods satisfied* "Looks good, want me to read your fortune too?"
[Loretta] *smirks* "Sure. But i already know what it is."
[Eric] *Studies her palm profoundly* "Let's see... You're destined to fall deeply in love with a gorgeous brilliant young man sleeping in the room next to you... Spend your time making him food, and become one of his 'three' wives! Gee, imagine that!"
[Loretta] *laughs* "Yeah, that seems real likely."
[Eric] "Hey, I didn't say it, it's all right here in your hand!"
[Loretta] "Hmm...lemme see yours."
[Eric] *Smirks, holding out his own palm to her* "Alright"
[Loretta] *nods to herself* "Yup, just as i suspected; looks like you're about to get your ass kicked by small girl with one hand behind her back!" *tackles him!*
[Eric] "Ey! That's cheating! I shoulda seen it comming!" *tries to squirm away*
[Loretta] *doesn't get too rough, wanting to protect her hand, but grapples him firmly*
[Eric] *continues squirming pointlessly for a while before laying still* "Alright, I surrender!"
[Loretta] "I love it when you give up!"
[Loretta] "Now tell me what a badass i am."
[Eric] "But i'll be crushed by the weight of your ego!"
[Loretta] "I'm willing to take that chance!"
[Eric] "Alright alright, you're very badass, and I am in awe of your sheer beauty!" *tries to sneak his hand around in the meantime, trying to seize a pillow as weapon*
[Loretta] "And how scared of me are you?" *choosing not to notice his maneuvering*
[Eric] "Well......... I'll tell you.......... The answer is........... Only slightly!" *grabs the pillow finally and swings it towards her*
[Loretta] "Uuf!" *rolls away*
[Eric] *grabs another pillow and uses that as a shield between em* "Hah!"
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3900
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:18 pm

[Trent] *arrives at the magic shop, thinking Peter may be there, and finding the scent trail rather fresh upon arrival(
[Peter] *thinking of what to tell the store owner; notices Trent and is glad he got a break from his decision; feels weird over how to handle this though...* "hey Trent."
[Trent] *entering* "Hey. A few extra things to ponder, when you have a sec."
[Peter] "of course..." *goes to him*
[Trent] "Alright, Loretta and Eric had a run-in with a vamp earlier this evening--only he was hungry, in the middle of town, and apparently implanted with a small explosive device--weird stuff, right?"
[Peter] "yeah... as if someone wanted to force something on the vamp..."
"was it, like, a microchip?..."
*is schocked at him being familiar, not actualy remembering it but having a 'gut feeling' of familiarity...*
[Trent] "Loretta said it was small, but not how small; just big enough to hurt her hand apparently, but i didn't see how bad it was."
[Peter] "...how is she?..." *looks worried, and actualy feels guilty*
[Trent] "She seemed fine, but honestly may have just wanted to ward off Allison's attempts at smothering her--it looked well-bandaged at least."
[Peter] "smothering her?... for what?"
*curious*
[Trent] "Oh, you know Allison; she wanted to see it and baby her or something."
[Peter] "ah; guess so... i hope she gets better soon... god damn... maybe i was wrong to let people in my life... now you might be in danger too."
[Trent] "Each one of us was already in danger for our own reasons; that's why we do this."
[Peter] *breathes deeply* "...ok, i guess...so, listen, tis guy, he says he can do a spell to refresh my memory regarding the military guys."
"it will give me the name of the group, and maybe then we can look into it and see what we can do..."
[Trent] "Are you sure you want to do that though? You were willing to go back, and seemed better when you returned--there might be stuff you've forgotten for good reason. It just seems like a risk for something we're uncertain of."
[Peter] "i don't want to remember everything... just the name so we can check up on stuff; even if they're not watching me, we shouldnt live with that kind of a fear; and if they *are*... well..."
[Trent] "It's your brain dude; but know that i'll support whatever you choose, and help you deal with the fallout."
[Peter] *sighs* "I just want us to be sure of wether my presence here endangers you all..."
[Trent] "Like i said, doubt you endanger us any more than we endanger ourselves."
[Peter] "...thanks... and the fact that you came to meet me meant much to me..."
"so, theres thin little thing; the spell needs to be done at noon, at the beach."
[Trent] *shrugs* "If there's anything out here, i need to be around to see it."
[Trent] "What do you need to do it?"
[Peter] "I am not sure... the shop owner didn't say, but he *did* say a good magic user could cast the spell as well... the real trick is, *getting to morning*. if there is a small chance that a paramilitary group is after me, i shouldnt go to my house."
[Trent] "Guess we'll just have to be extra-careful."
[Peter] "maybe leave and get there covertly you mean?..."
[Trent] "That's one approach."
[Peter] "what would you propose then?..."
[Trent] "There's the old standard of a cheap motel room. Or you could use my apartment; maybe not 100% foolproof, but it won't be one of the first three places they look for you."
[Peter] "motel rooms they'll actualy search; see, records will be kept and all, even with a fake alias. so, perhaps your choice would be better."
[Trent] *reaches into a pocket, and hands him a key*
[Peter] "I... i owe you one..." *takes the key, obviously happy* "plus... i kinda think i know who can cast the spell."
[Trent] "You do?"
[Peter] "what if i said, one of our group has a potential that has yet to be realised?..."
"I think i should tell said person though... not a third party first."
[Trent] "Seems fair."
[Peter] "so... off to arrange stuff with the shop owner?..."
[Trent] "Sounds like the logical next step; if this thing can help you remember everything you know, it's a bigger clue than anything we can find wandering town."
[Peter] *nods* "oh, and Trent... everything is ok at the house, right?..."
[Trent] "So far, so good. But if we're finished here, i'd rather head back."
[Peter] "i understand; you must be worried about them... believe me, i am too."
"and... remember to ask Loretta about 'chip' similarity... it is freaky suspicious that it seems familiar to me."
[Trent] *nods*
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3900
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by Pyriel » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:44 am

[Peter] *returns to shop owner* "sorry... got some more info about being possibly followed. so, where were we?... ah, the cost. well, i think i know of someone that can cast the spell, assuming it doesnt need someone of ridiculous power?...maybe get the parts needed for the spell, and in the morning i'll know if that person casts it or you'll be required. What will it cost in that case? And anyways, after that, when i know the name, how can i find more info to protect myself and those close to me?"
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by verdilak » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:57 pm

[Shop Owner]

"Lets see... the cost for the words and the supplies will be... around a thousand. And as far as what to do after that, come back when you know."
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
User avatar
verdilak
l33t
l33t
 
Posts: 8757
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 am
Location: twitter.com/rpgaming
Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Friday, November 21

PostPosted by Pyriel » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:58 pm

[Peter] *sighs* "I... i accept i guess." *realises its a lot of money, but accepts since if he doesnt do anything, money might lose any importance; leaves for Trent's home then*
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.


Return to Serendipity

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron