More desktop problems

Have a computer problem? Want to show off your rig? Lets hear it!

Moderators: verdilak, hippie_mama

More desktop problems

PostPosted by Shinitenshi » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:25 pm

So we got my daughters game installed and it has been working. She tried to do video on it and it made the screen go black then it made everything on the desktop super big. I got it fixed and she played it, didn't use the video it was working fine. Kids went to bed and the screen saver was on, I come out at 3 in the morning for something and notice a blue screen on the computer saying there was a fatal error and it had to shut the computer down (same blue error I got when originally trying to install the extra ram). I restart the computer install some updates it said I needed. I try to play the game and it tells me that it can't be initialized and to make sure it's not being played by another user on the computer, then the sims screen comes up and if you hit play it gives me the error that display 0 doesn't have the correct video card to play the game. I make some adjustments to the graphics accelerator and try again. I get the same initialize screen but other then that the game starts to run. My daughter plays it for about 10 mins then she gets a black screen and the game stops working again. Any suggestions?
I just Spread the Dead. Click below to do the same and you could win $5,000! Don’t forget to check out the premiere of The Walking Dead Sunday Oct. 31 at 10/9c on AMC. http://www.amcspreadthedead.com/share?ref=331746679
Shinitenshi
Forum Temptress
Forum Temptress

Favorite System: Pally
Security: NO

Re: More desktop problems

PostPosted by NulSyn » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:27 pm

First make sure the game is patched and up to date as much as it could be.

It sounds like the Video card is either not good enough or about to go out.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by Shinitenshi » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:05 pm

How do you figure out what video card you have?
I just Spread the Dead. Click below to do the same and you could win $5,000! Don’t forget to check out the premiere of The Walking Dead Sunday Oct. 31 at 10/9c on AMC. http://www.amcspreadthedead.com/share?ref=331746679
Shinitenshi
Forum Temptress
Forum Temptress

PostPosted by NulSyn » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:59 pm

According to the dell site it should be a "integrated Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 950" unless you all have put a different in the PCI x16 slot.

Integrated being a very bad thing for video gaming.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by Zamion » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:54 am

also check the settings to make sure there what the game needs , some games that arent super high tech or just not made great need the settings to be switched before the game is fired up.
(screen settings , size and color pallet type stuff.)
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

Favorite System: ahhhh shadowrun

PostPosted by Shinitenshi » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:58 pm

It's just The Sims 3, I didn't think that stupid game would need anything more then a normal computer. It doesn't say I need to change any settings or anything before it's played.

FOR WINDOWS XP

* 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
* 1 GB RAM
* 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
* The latest version of DirectX 9.0c
* Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
* At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games

Windows Supported Video Cards

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA)

GMA 3-Series, GMA 4-Series

I believe it should have everything it needs to work. The only other thing I can think of is to uninstall it and reinstall it now that I've done updates on the computer.
Shinitenshi
Forum Temptress
Forum Temptress

PostPosted by Shinitenshi » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:46 pm

Got this error after about 5 mins of play: ialmrnt5 driver has stopped working normally. Then it told me to save my progress and reboot the computer.
Shinitenshi
Forum Temptress
Forum Temptress

PostPosted by NulSyn » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:57 pm

ITs the Video Card

Guy who had same problem wrote:I just got off the phone with HP tech support....they tell me both SIMS and Combat Flight Simulator require a 3D graphics card to run properly....there is no fix.

The Intel card you have will not play the Game currently or at all and the only fix is getting a new card.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by Shinitenshi » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:06 am

I turned the graphics accelerator down 2 notches and it's working :s_dunno
Shinitenshi
Forum Temptress
Forum Temptress

PostPosted by NulSyn » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:11 am

According to the site the problem shows up randomly. So sometimes it will work then boncker out again.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

Return to Computers!