Playstation Network Glitch

Lets talks about PS gaming!

Moderators: verdilak, hippie_mama

Playstation Network Glitch

PostPosted by Logan the Defiant » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:16 pm

I saw Shini's remarks in the chat about her losing data and found this on the PS3 blog:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/03/ ... or-update/
As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today. This problem affects the models other than the new slim PS3.
We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.
Errors include:
The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.
When the user tries to sign-in to the PlayStation Network, the following message appears on the screen; “An error has occurred. You have been signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)”.
When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; “Failed to install trophies. Please exit your game.”
When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the Internet, the following message appears on the screen; “The current date and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)”
Users are not able to playback certain rental video downloaded from the PlayStation Store before the expiration date.
We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.
As mentioned above, Please be advised that the new slim PS3 is not affected with this error. We are doing our best to resolve the issue and do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Now, I'm almost thankful that I was hit with some stomach virus yesterday and not in the mood to play any of my games. I'm a completest and something of a trophy whore so if I was to lose any I'd be flying through the roof right now since some of them are damn near impossible or extremely difficult to get. Shini, has everything been fixed for you and Ninja yet?
Logan the Defiant
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Palladium

Re: Playstation Network Glitch

PostPosted by Logan the Defiant » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:29 pm

UPDATE:

Leave it to the folks at G4 to keep tabs on any progress involving this:

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70290 ... -Over.html

Our long national nightmare may be ending: PlayStation 3 systems appear to be coming back online.
This seems to have nothing to do with the issuance of a patch. It appears that the machine's internal clock has passed whatever "error point" caused the issues, and everything is back to PlayStation-normal -- we've been able to play Heavy Rain and MAG with our in-office PS3. We're back in business with trophies, too. Home is working again. PSN games are working, too. For us, all is well.
At this point, I'd wait to connect your PlayStation 3 to the PlayStation network until Sony gives the "okay," though, just to be on the safe side.
But if you have tried logging onto your PlayStation 3, let us know how it's going in the comment section below.

Read more: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70290 ... z0gyU7fjLD

Still going to wait until official word comes out. Hopefully this is fixed for tomorrow because I've got a copy of Bad Company 2 waiting for me at Gamestop.
Logan the Defiant
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

PostPosted by Shinitenshi » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:25 pm

Yeah everything is fixed, the only thing that sucks is I started playing Uncharted2 while everything was done (since that was one of the only games I could play) and I didn't get my trophies for it.
I just Spread the Dead. Click below to do the same and you could win $5,000! Don’t forget to check out the premiere of The Walking Dead Sunday Oct. 31 at 10/9c on AMC. http://www.amcspreadthedead.com/share?ref=331746679
Shinitenshi
Forum Temptress
Forum Temptress

Favorite System: Pally
Security: NO

PostPosted by NinjaBunny » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:30 pm

Most likely going to have a patch in the next systems update
Never tell people how to do things.
Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
- General George Patton Jr

"There are two kinds of people in this world those that love you and those that hate you, now choose a side mother fucker!"~Mark F.Mason
NinjaBunny
Lord Of Randomness
Lord Of Randomness

Favorite System: God help me, it's Pally.

PostPosted by verdilak » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:49 pm

ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.

PostPosted by NulSyn » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:24 am

r:_lolabove
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by Shinitenshi » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:49 am

Seriously people on the PSN forums were freaking the fuck out...like really, i mean I was irritated because I was bored and wanted to play my games but it's not like it was the end of the world :)
I just Spread the Dead. Click below to do the same and you could win $5,000! Don’t forget to check out the premiere of The Walking Dead Sunday Oct. 31 at 10/9c on AMC. http://www.amcspreadthedead.com/share?ref=331746679
Shinitenshi
Forum Temptress
Forum Temptress

PostPosted by NinjaBunny » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:46 am

I was this close to getting my guns out and just making my own FPS :s_wink
Never tell people how to do things.
Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
- General George Patton Jr

"There are two kinds of people in this world those that love you and those that hate you, now choose a side mother fucker!"~Mark F.Mason
NinjaBunny
Lord Of Randomness
Lord Of Randomness

Favorite System: God help me, it's Pally.

PostPosted by Logan the Defiant » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:11 am

I know the people on G4's site were going nuts to. I wasn't irritated so much. I hadn't turned my PS3 on since Saturday, was sick all day Sunday, and by the time I started this post it turned out everything was fixed. So it didn't really phase me except make me wonder if I was going to be able to play Bad Company 2 on Tuesday. When I think about it though, all those trophies lost and then look at those I've gotten, I can imagine myself wanting to "break out the guns". I wouldn't call myself a trophy whore, but once I get one I'm like Gollum and the One Ring. With better teeth though.
Logan the Defiant
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

PostPosted by Shinitenshi » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:58 am

We didn't end up losing any, since I got my DA ones back, but it did stop me from getting a couple trophies in Uncharted 2.
Shinitenshi
Forum Temptress
Forum Temptress

Return to Playstation (1, 2, 3, ect.)