The much-derided stimulus bill worked.

Worldwide, National, Personal. If it's News to you, it's News to us.

Moderators: verdilak, hippie_mama

The much-derided stimulus bill worked.

PostPosted by verdilak » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:13 pm

The much-derided stimulus bill worked. People who dont see that are rather blind. The stimulus wasn't meant to get things better, it was meant to keep things from getting WORSE.

But it did the job cut out for it. It's just unfortunate that politically motivated lying about the stimulus bill may hinder passage of the fol...low-up packages needed to finish the job. Read the linked story.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: The much-derided stimulus bill worked.

PostPosted by Zamion » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:37 pm

i disagree the money mostly hasnt been spent and much of it went to grossly wealthy. im pretty sick with a fever but ill state my case better when my brain has no fever
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

Favorite System: ahhhh shadowrun

Re: The much-derided stimulus bill worked.

PostPosted by Starmage21 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:15 pm

Yeah, a lot of people talked a bunch o crap about the stimulus, but many completely ignored the fact that it wasnt free money. The companies that received stimulus monies must pay them back per a loan.
Starmage21
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Palladium

Return to Current Events!