RAM trouble

Have a computer problem? Want to show off your rig? Lets hear it!

Moderators: hippie_mama, verdilak

RAM trouble

PostPosted by Shinitenshi » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:14 pm

OK so I took you're guys advice and I purchased another 1GB stick of RAM, I got the same one from the same company and I still can't get them to work. I have tried putting them in the first and third slot which is how the other RAM was in. I've tried putting them in every way I can think of with and without the other sticks and nothing is working. I either get nothing, or it looks like it's going to load and it doesn't. Any suggestions?
I just Spread the Dead. Click below to do the same and you could win $5,000! Don’t forget to check out the premiere of The Walking Dead Sunday Oct. 31 at 10/9c on AMC. http://www.amcspreadthedead.com/share?ref=331746679
Shinitenshi
Forum Temptress
Forum Temptress

Favorite System: Pally
Security: NO

Re: RAM trouble

PostPosted by NulSyn » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:18 am

Well seeing as you were sure they were the right "frequencies" for your PC, I would assume you have a bad stick or they both might be bad.

Other than the ideas from before it kinda hard to tell much without being there to do anything.

EDIT: I don't know what it is like where you are, but around Atlanta there is a shit-ton of mom and pop computer stores that will handle things like this for a relatively low price. If your at your wits end that might be an option. Hell alot of the time those places have used sticks of RAM for dirt cheap too.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

Re: RAM trouble

PostPosted by Shinitenshi » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:33 pm

I called the company and they are going to ship me two new ones.
I just Spread the Dead. Click below to do the same and you could win $5,000! Don’t forget to check out the premiere of The Walking Dead Sunday Oct. 31 at 10/9c on AMC. http://www.amcspreadthedead.com/share?ref=331746679
Shinitenshi
Forum Temptress
Forum Temptress

Favorite System: Pally
Security: NO

Return to Computers!