Who else has one?

Lets talks about PS gaming!

Moderators: verdilak, hippie_mama

Who else has one?

PostPosted by NinjaBunny » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:18 am

I know me and Logan have a PS3, but who else on the boards has one? I think Nulz might but not sure. If anyone has one get ahold of me my PSN is "ninja_bunny" I've got several mulitplayer games, (3 honestly, but I'm working on that) and I'm always down to play Metal Gear online, Uncharted 2 and Resident Evil 5.
Never tell people how to do things.
Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
- General George Patton Jr

"There are two kinds of people in this world those that love you and those that hate you, now choose a side mother fucker!"~Mark F.Mason
User avatar
NinjaBunny
Lord Of Randomness
Lord Of Randomness
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:34 am
Location: In my box at the pentagon!!!
Favorite System: God help me, it's Pally.

Re: Who else has one?

PostPosted by NulSyn » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:34 am

I don't have one anymore, mine burst into flames and I never justified buying another. Now that they are cheaper and more games have come out, I might buy a new one sometime down the road.
User avatar
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo
 
Posts: 2896
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:02 am
Location: Loganville,GA

Re: Who else has one?

PostPosted by NinjaBunny » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:42 am

The price drop has helped the system alot, then again Sony had to make the money back for the R&D put into I guess.
You are the first person I've heard of having a problem with their PS3, of course only me and one other guy at work have a ps3 everyone else has and this is not a pun the Red ring of death.
Never tell people how to do things.
Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
- General George Patton Jr

"There are two kinds of people in this world those that love you and those that hate you, now choose a side mother fucker!"~Mark F.Mason
User avatar
NinjaBunny
Lord Of Randomness
Lord Of Randomness
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:34 am
Location: In my box at the pentagon!!!
Favorite System: God help me, it's Pally.

Re: Who else has one?

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:47 am

I have both a playstation 3, and an xbox 360
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Who else has one?

PostPosted by NinjaBunny » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:51 am

Xbox hasn't had anything that has made me want to go buy it, plus the paying for xbox live pisses me off.
Never tell people how to do things.
Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
- General George Patton Jr

"There are two kinds of people in this world those that love you and those that hate you, now choose a side mother fucker!"~Mark F.Mason
User avatar
NinjaBunny
Lord Of Randomness
Lord Of Randomness
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:34 am
Location: In my box at the pentagon!!!
Favorite System: God help me, it's Pally.

Re: Who else has one?

PostPosted by NulSyn » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:04 am

NinjaBunny wrote:The price drop has helped the system alot, then again Sony had to make the money back for the R&D put into I guess.
You are the first person I've heard of having a problem with their PS3, of course only me and one other guy at work have a ps3 everyone else has and this is not a pun the Red ring of death.

Jasper chipsets virtually ended the red ring of death well over a 2 years ago, almost 3. The xbox 360 now has a better "death rating" than the PS3, however the Wii still out does it by a percent. Anyone that bought a 360 before the jasper, should have been able to get a whole new console if it RRoD'd on them seeing as the RRoD's warranty was 3 years and the 360 was unveiled in 2005, so anyone buying pre-jasper had warranty till after jasper.

As for games, I can put the PS3 only games I want on one hand, the 360 only games would be a very large list, for me.

Still though, I like owning all consoles eventually just to have them.

Where I think Sony is not getting the credit it deserves is with the PSP (Not the PSP Go, ripoff), but the PSP. IMHO it completely rips the DS a new one in graphics and capabilities, yet all the Nintendo fan boys just keep the DS floating, Nintendo is the Palladium of video console companies.
User avatar
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo
 
Posts: 2896
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:02 am
Location: Loganville,GA

Re: Who else has one?

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:08 am

I've had my XBOX show me the red ring of death maybe 5 times since i had it. That is... i've had it crash maybe 5 times, but a reset has always fixed the problem right off. Though my playstation 3 has never crashed once.
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Who else has one?

PostPosted by NinjaBunny » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:26 am

NulSyn wrote:
NinjaBunny wrote:The price drop has helped the system alot, then again Sony had to make the money back for the R&D put into I guess.
You are the first person I've heard of having a problem with their PS3, of course only me and one other guy at work have a ps3 everyone else has and this is not a pun the Red ring of death.

Jasper chipsets virtually ended the red ring of death well over a 2 years ago, almost 3. The xbox 360 now has a better "death rating" than the PS3, however the Wii still out does it by a percent. Anyone that bought a 360 before the jasper, should have been able to get a whole new console if it RRoD'd on them seeing as the RRoD's warranty was 3 years and the 360 was unveiled in 2005, so anyone buying pre-jasper had warranty till after jasper.

As for games, I can put the PS3 only games I want on one hand, the 360 only games would be a very large list, for me.

Still though, I like owning all consoles eventually just to have them.

Where I think Sony is not getting the credit it deserves is with the PSP (Not the PSP Go, ripoff), but the PSP. IMHO it completely rips the DS a new one in graphics and capabilities, yet all the Nintendo fan boys just keep the DS floating, Nintendo is the Palladium of video console companies.

The nintendo line is golden. :s_rofl
Never tell people how to do things.
Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
- General George Patton Jr

"There are two kinds of people in this world those that love you and those that hate you, now choose a side mother fucker!"~Mark F.Mason
User avatar
NinjaBunny
Lord Of Randomness
Lord Of Randomness
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:34 am
Location: In my box at the pentagon!!!
Favorite System: God help me, it's Pally.

Re: Who else has one?

PostPosted by Shinitenshi » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:49 pm

I had a DS and then ended up getting a psp just so I could join in and play with all the guys on Monster Hunter. I actually love the little thing, I've used it at work as an mp3 player, I've got movies on it so it's like a portable dvd player, it was definitely worth the buy. I prefer the PS3 because I am an RPG fan and there aren't very many RPG's that I like out on X-box. Even when FF13 finally comes out it's coming out for both PS3 and Xbox so I'm not going to miss out there. As for the RRoD I know several people that have bought one in the last year that have had this happen, one was straight out of the box.
I just Spread the Dead. Click below to do the same and you could win $5,000! Don’t forget to check out the premiere of The Walking Dead Sunday Oct. 31 at 10/9c on AMC. http://www.amcspreadthedead.com/share?ref=331746679
User avatar
Shinitenshi
Forum Temptress
Forum Temptress
 
Posts: 1325
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:55 pm
Favorite System: Pally
Security: NO

Re: Who else has one?

PostPosted by NulSyn » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:14 pm

Shinitenshi wrote:I had a DS and then ended up getting a psp just so I could join in and play with all the guys on Monster Hunter. I actually love the little thing, I've used it at work as an mp3 player, I've got movies on it so it's like a portable dvd player, it was definitely worth the buy. I prefer the PS3 because I am an RPG fan and there aren't very many RPG's that I like out on X-box. Even when FF13 finally comes out it's coming out for both PS3 and Xbox so I'm not going to miss out there. As for the RRoD I know several people that have bought one in the last year that have had this happen, one was straight out of the box.


I have lots of RPGs on the 360 that are awesome, I actually think the 360 is out doing the PS3 on RPGs right now BIG time. Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Last Remnant, Tales of Vesperia are all awesome games, and Mass Effect is a tremendous game.


If you know people that have bought 360's in the last year that are RRoDing they must be buying them at stores that have had some really old and stagnant consoles that haven't sold in years, cause the Jasper's been out for almost 3 years and it has virtually ended the RRoD.
User avatar
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo
 
Posts: 2896
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:02 am
Location: Loganville,GA

Re: Who else has one?

PostPosted by Shinitenshi » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm

NulSyn wrote:
Shinitenshi wrote:I had a DS and then ended up getting a psp just so I could join in and play with all the guys on Monster Hunter. I actually love the little thing, I've used it at work as an mp3 player, I've got movies on it so it's like a portable dvd player, it was definitely worth the buy. I prefer the PS3 because I am an RPG fan and there aren't very many RPG's that I like out on X-box. Even when FF13 finally comes out it's coming out for both PS3 and Xbox so I'm not going to miss out there. As for the RRoD I know several people that have bought one in the last year that have had this happen, one was straight out of the box.


I have lots of RPGs on the 360 that are awesome, I actually think the 360 is out doing the PS3 on RPGs right now BIG time. Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Last Remnant, Tales of Vesperia are all awesome games, and Mass Effect is a tremendous game.


If you know people that have bought 360's in the last year that are RRoDing they must be buying them at stores that have had some really old and stagnant consoles that haven't sold in years, cause the Jasper's been out for almost 3 years and it has virtually ended the RRoD.



The only one that I have seen that looked interesting to me is Last Remnant. I'm not a huge video gamer so it's hard for me to find games that I like to play...PS3 just happens to have more games geared towards what I like.
I just Spread the Dead. Click below to do the same and you could win $5,000! Don’t forget to check out the premiere of The Walking Dead Sunday Oct. 31 at 10/9c on AMC. http://www.amcspreadthedead.com/share?ref=331746679
User avatar
Shinitenshi
Forum Temptress
Forum Temptress
 
Posts: 1325
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:55 pm
Favorite System: Pally
Security: NO

Re: Who else has one?

PostPosted by Logan the Defiant » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:42 pm

The RRoD is still happening even with the newer 360 consoles. Not nearly as often, but it does still happen. The majority of the newer consoles that got released replaced the RRoD with the Error 72 problem for a while, but it looks like that problem has been fixed.

I'm on my second PS3 at the moment. My first, which my son now has, overheated this past summer and I had to send it in for repair. It was one of the original 60 gig ones though which still had backwards compatibility and I had got it when the 60 gigs first came out.

The only exclusive game that 360 got over PS3 that irritated me was Ace Combat 6 and I attribute any game designer unwilling to develop a game for the PS3 because it's more complicated as being just lazy and not worth my money anyways. Yes, I'm looking at you Rockstar with your 360 exclusive DLC for GTA.

My PSN ID is Daddy314 if anybody wants to add me. Just make sure you let me know who you are because I sometimes get random friend requests from some of the FPS games I play.
User avatar
Logan the Defiant
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 785
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:16 pm
Favorite System: Palladium

Re: Who else has one?

PostPosted by NulSyn » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:31 pm

Logan the Defiant wrote:The RRoD is still happening even with the newer 360 consoles. Not nearly as often, but it does still happen.

Oh yeah it will still happen occasionally, and as someone said the 3 red lights don't always mean the RRoD either. But based on the the new failure ratings, its not happening much at all anymore. When you go from the worst failure rating by a mile, to only 1 percent behind the Wii and no longer anywhere near the current worst (PS3), you must have done something right with the hardware changes.

I am just glad they took the problem seriously and did the warranty and chipset fixes. I like the 360 and it would have sucked if they ignored it. Remember when the NES had that huge batch of consoles that were failing at ridiculous rates and Nintendo wouldn't even acknowledge the problem? Its what got the ball rolling on the price gouging lawsuit and everyone who registered their NES got a free $50(I think it was 50) gift card towards Nintendo games and accessories. The day I got that in the mail as a kid was like Christmas in July. :s_biggrin
User avatar
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo
 
Posts: 2896
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:02 am
Location: Loganville,GA

Re: Who else has one?

PostPosted by NinjaBunny » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:13 pm

Think I was to young for that I got a Nes when I was five back in 1989. :s_tongue
honestly thought I love the PS3 I think it is just a fantastic system I got the last of the 80 gig back wards, and it runs like a champ. The game play is smooth and I love all the stuff the ps store has and I like home to hang out even though I can't hang out in person. :s_thumbsup By the way blue-ray drive built in is always better then an attachment. :s_bye
Never tell people how to do things.
Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
- General George Patton Jr

"There are two kinds of people in this world those that love you and those that hate you, now choose a side mother fucker!"~Mark F.Mason
User avatar
NinjaBunny
Lord Of Randomness
Lord Of Randomness
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:34 am
Location: In my box at the pentagon!!!
Favorite System: God help me, it's Pally.

Re: Who else has one?

PostPosted by NulSyn » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:16 pm

NinjaBunny wrote:Think I was to young for that I got a Nes when I was five back in 1989. :s_tongue

Yeah I think the lawsuit happened in 1987, and the giftcards arrived in 1988.
User avatar
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo
 
Posts: 2896
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:02 am
Location: Loganville,GA

Re: Who else has one?

PostPosted by NinjaBunny » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:23 pm

Yeah but man did that system have alot of games and good memories attached to it.
Never tell people how to do things.
Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
- General George Patton Jr

"There are two kinds of people in this world those that love you and those that hate you, now choose a side mother fucker!"~Mark F.Mason
User avatar
NinjaBunny
Lord Of Randomness
Lord Of Randomness
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:34 am
Location: In my box at the pentagon!!!
Favorite System: God help me, it's Pally.

Re: Who else has one?

PostPosted by NulSyn » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:19 pm

NinjaBunny wrote:Yeah but man did that system have alot of games and good memories attached to it.

Well of course, like I said when I got my gift card I couldn't wait to go to the dept. store and buy a game or two. r:_excited2
I didn't have a problem with failure ratings back then, don't now either.
User avatar
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo
 
Posts: 2896
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:02 am
Location: Loganville,GA


Return to Playstation (1, 2, 3, ect.)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron