Xbox 360 games... which ones are good?

If it's XBox, lets talk about it!

Moderators: hippie_mama, verdilak

Xbox 360 games... which ones are good?

PostPosted by verdilak » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:19 am

Basically, as the title states. I have an Xbox 360 now and I would love to get some decent to great games... and recomendations?

Currently, I have:
Gears of War
Assassins Creed
Crackdown
Mirrors Edge
Rock Revolution
Viva Pinata
Wall-E
Shrek the Third
(last four are for the kids)
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Xbox 360 games... which ones are good?

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:09 am

Gears of war 2 is awesome, halo 3 is decent in my opinion.
Call of Duty: Modern warfare 1 and 2 are great
Call of Duty: world at war wasn't quite as good, but i liked for the zombie mode
Left 4 Dead, fun zombie game imo, and since it has co-op it's even better.

I have more games, but none of the others are particulary inspiring
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!

Favorite System: Star Wars

PostPosted by verdilak » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:28 am

Yeah, i want to get Left 4 Dead pretty badly... but Gears of War 1 has some really strange controls and camera movements... I'm not finding it all that fun.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by NulSyn » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:45 am

Mass Effect and Bioshock are both really fun.

There's a lot of fun RPGs on it too, like The Last Remnant and Lost Odyssey.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by Shinitenshi » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:00 am

I have heard Fable is really good and has lost of customization.
I just Spread the Dead. Click below to do the same and you could win $5,000! Don’t forget to check out the premiere of The Walking Dead Sunday Oct. 31 at 10/9c on AMC. http://www.amcspreadthedead.com/share?ref=331746679
Shinitenshi
Forum Temptress
Forum Temptress

Favorite System: Pally

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:22 am

I've heard from lexi and solar that fable 1 and 2 are boring as all hell... :s_dunno
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:00 am

So.. has anyone compared Left 4 Dead vs Dead Rising? I ask because Dead Rising looks badass and fun as hell.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Lexi » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:09 am

Dead Rising is fun for the fun factor, Left 4 Dead is fun for the zombie survival factor :D They're different but they're both great.

Also, if you happen to like RPGs, I recommend Lost Odyssey.
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight

Favorite System: oWoD/NWoD

PostPosted by NulSyn » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:00 pm

verdilak wrote:I've heard from lexi and solar that fable 1 and 2 are boring as all hell... :s_dunno

I played the hell out of Fable 1 and loved it. I have not played 2 yet though.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by NulSyn » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:02 pm

verdilak wrote:So.. has anyone compared Left 4 Dead vs Dead Rising? I ask because Dead Rising looks badass and fun as hell.

I have Dead Rising. It takes a little to get into the meat of the game, so at first it can seem a bit redundant and boring. But if you want a game where the majority of the time your just running around whacking zombies with anything you can grab, its perfect. Some of the boss fights (usually normal people) are extremely fun and take a little strategy.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by Rayven » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:51 pm

Overlord.
STARE INTO MY EYES FOREVER
LET ME TAKE YOU IN MY ARMS
DANCE WITH ME OUT IN THE GARDEN
WHERE TOMORROW NEVER COMES
FOLLOW ME INTO THE DARKNESS
WHERE THE NIGHTMARES NEVER FADE
WHISPER DREAMS MY FALLEN ANGEL
FROM WHICH YOU WILL NEVER WAKE
Religion starts wars. Spirituality ends them

Rayven
Not a Platypus
Not a Platypus

Location: Cubicle greyness...I'm surrounded by false intelligence!
Favorite System: Any

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:32 pm

NulSyn wrote:
verdilak wrote:So.. has anyone compared Left 4 Dead vs Dead Rising? I ask because Dead Rising looks badass and fun as hell.

I have Dead Rising. It takes a little to get into the meat of the game, so at first it can seem a bit redundant and boring. But if you want a game where the majority of the time your just running around whacking zombies with anything you can grab, its perfect. Some of the boss fights (usually normal people) are extremely fun and take a little strategy.

Sweet... just picked it up for $14. Can't wait to play it.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by dhorn » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:58 pm

Left 4 Dead 2 is fabulous. I highly recommend it - the variety of online gameplay is wonderful and online co-op is really, really fun.
-online co-op
-survival mode, scavenge mode, versus, campaign, etc.
-melee weapons!
-lots and lots and lots of zombies

Borderlands is a fun FPS/RPG but I haven't gotten far enough into it to give you much of a review.

Fable II was fun for awhile, but it got repetitive and I got a bit bored with it.

Army of Two is alright - has online co-op.
dhorn
1st Level Peasant
1st Level Peasant

Favorite System: Rifts

PostPosted by Zamion » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:20 pm

katamari------rolling good times, insain soundtrack and story line
Star ocean......long and other than "kay" its friggen assome
gears of war 1 was good but way to short and online play wasnt that grand.....havent tried 2 yet
street fighter 4 ....is the tits
ace combat 6 was so good i wasted the money on the uber 130 dollar controller for it
fallout 3... if you dont have it on pc you need this game IT IS RPG gold
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

Favorite System: ahhhh shadowrun

PostPosted by NulSyn » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:19 am

Yeah Gears of War is fun.

Street Fighter 4 does rock.

Fallout 3 is a must.

If you like turn based RPGs Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon and the Last Remnant are all good, especially Lost Odyssey (which is more of a successor to the Final Fantasy line after X than XII was).
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by Zamion » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:12 pm

and 13 is comming out soon for the FF series though i think that will be ps3 only
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

PostPosted by NulSyn » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:14 pm

Zamion wrote:and 13 is comming out soon for the FF series though i think that will be ps3 only

FF13will be on the xbox 360 too, its the side games that are PS3 and PSP only.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by Zamion » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:17 pm

ahhh well im getting mine on ps3 but good times
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

Return to XBox