Wal-Mart selling XBox 360 + $100 gift card for $199

If it's XBox, lets talk about it!

Moderators: hippie_mama, verdilak

Wal-Mart selling XBox 360 + $100 gift card for $199

PostPosted by verdilak » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:43 pm

http://kotaku.com/5396769/walmart-confirms-360-sale-more-cuts-coming wrote:

Walmart's official website today confirms the rumor we broke yesterday about one heck of a deal on the Xbox 360 Arcade.

Listed among the one day in-store specials for this Saturday, Nov. 7, is an Xbox 360 Arcade console for $199 that comes with a $100 gift card. Other deals include discounted TVs, a Blu-ray player, DVD player and laptop.

More interesting, though, is what our sources tell us about the sale.

This weekend's one-day sale is just the first of weekly sales that will be hitting Walmart in the lead up to the post Thanksgiving retail sales explosion known as Black Friday.

We're told that this is Walmart's attempt at pulling a little of the focus off that huge shopping day and trying to spread the wealth over the entire month. So look out for future deals, perhaps including more gaming price cuts.

Christmas Shop [Walmart]

So... what games are great on the XBox? What else is great about the XBox?
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Wal-Mart selling XBox 360 + $100 gift card for $199

PostPosted by Zamion » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:49 pm

dont get the arcade system...no hard drive no hdmi, you got to buy a memory card so thats 30$ or more of your GF right there.....but good games would be fallout 3 , Any of the Tales series, and ace combat.
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

Favorite System: ahhhh shadowrun

PostPosted by verdilak » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:00 pm

Okay, so the one that's on sale, the Arcade, would not be a good buy?
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:04 pm

Now also, I don't really plan on getting an XBox live subscription or anything, just play normal, store-bought games.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by NulSyn » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:13 pm

Zamion wrote:dont get the arcade system...no hard drive no hdmi, you got to buy a memory card so thats 30$ or more of your GF right there.....but good games would be fallout 3 , Any of the Tales series, and ace combat.

The arcades are guarenteed now to have the new Jasper chipset that does not RROD, I say buy the Arcade. They do have built in memory cards, so you do not have to buy one. You can get the HDMI cable for $5 online, and thats if you even have a modern TV to need it. If you plan to download lots of content or games, or plan to also want to play lots of normal xbox(not 360) games on it, I would get the arcade and buy an xbox harddrive online, I have seen them go for as little as $20-100 depedning on size.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by NulSyn » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:15 pm

verdilak wrote:Now also, I don't really plan on getting an XBox live subscription or anything, just play normal, store-bought games.

All xbox users get the silver membership free, so any game/console updates and achievements stuff you can do without purchasing any subscription, there are some games that are also free for multiplay online. I go in and out of silver or gold membership based on if any game I am playing has much online play, which I don;t really get into much.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by Zamion » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:09 pm

no the arcade one does have the hdmi port nul....least it didnt used to.
and some of the best xbox games are nearly online only ...but you deffintly dont have to buy thoose man.....and buy katamari dimashi for any system and all systems hehehehe so much rolling good times to be had.
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

PostPosted by NulSyn » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:17 pm

Zamion wrote:no the arcade one does have the hdmi port nul....least it didnt used to.
and some of the best xbox games are nearly online only ...but you deffintly dont have to buy thoose man.....and buy katamari dimashi for any system and all systems hehehehe so much rolling good times to be had.

Both of mine are arcades and both have places for the HDMI cable, it just didn't come with the cable.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by verdilak » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:22 pm

Hippie, who hates to play console games, said she would play Brutal Legend on the 360 if I bought it! Oh fucking yeah, Wal-mart, here i come this Sat.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by NulSyn » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:35 pm

I want Borderlands.

And I bet you'd love Bioshock.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by verdilak » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:46 pm

So... PS3 or the 360 Arcade?
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by NulSyn » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:56 pm

I prefer xbox, and with the $100 gift card, its kind of a deal not too pass up.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by Zamion » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:30 am

borderlands does look tits....i hope its as long and indepth as ive read...now to find a used copy ....for pc though my xbox's Hard drives jacked and cant play online
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

PostPosted by Zamion » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:31 am

ohhh and nul...my mistake...i could have sworn there was no hdmi was one of the reason it was so cheap and the elite was so much.
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

PostPosted by NulSyn » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:40 am

Zamion wrote:ohhh and nul...my mistake...i could have sworn there was no hdmi was one of the reason it was so cheap and the elite was so much.

yeah most the cost for the elite now is the harddrive, which is a lot cheaper online, the hdmi cable, and the headset. The elite use to have better chipsets back when there was so much RROD going on, but since the Jaspers came out thats not true anymore, virtually all the consoles use the new chipsets, but you have the best chance with the Arcades, because they've had it the longest and they sell the most so all the old chipsets have been rotated out. The japser chipset has actually taken the xboxs faulty levels to below 4% which is better than the PS3 now, but just a hair worse than the Wii.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by Shinitenshi » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:18 pm

Bunny doesn't want an X-box but if I had the money I would go out and get this...there are a couple games I would like to play that are X-box exclusive.
I just Spread the Dead. Click below to do the same and you could win $5,000! Don’t forget to check out the premiere of The Walking Dead Sunday Oct. 31 at 10/9c on AMC. http://www.amcspreadthedead.com/share?ref=331746679
Shinitenshi
Forum Temptress
Forum Temptress

Favorite System: Pally

Return to XBox