Day 12, Friday September 13th

Moderators: verdilak, hippie_mama

Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:00 pm

[Trent] *gets ready for work and calls Allison while he walks there*

[Eric] *About ready to leave for school, hesitates when Allison's phone goes off while she's showering, and then decides to pick it up* "Hello?"

[Trent] "Hey Eric; sis busy?"

[Eric] "She's showering.. she woke up kinda late.... Think she was pretty tired... What were you up to?.... eh.. if it involves anyone taking their clothes off i really don't want to hear about it though..."

[Trent] *laughs* "No, nothing like that. Boring stuff really. I was just calling to catch up with her."

[Eric] "Oh.... Well alright.... Just... hold on... I'm gonna put down the phone and yell for her to hurry up... don't hang up..." *Followed by silence*

[Trent] "Thanks man." *waits a few minutes*

[Allison] "- and if you miss the school bus you're just walking, I'm so not driving you! eh.. sorry, heyas"

[Trent] "Good morning. Sleep well?"

[Allison] "Kinda lonely, but not bad, what about you? You probably went to bed later then me..."

[Trent] "Yeah; Pete was all sorts of himself. We cut going out pretty short because he was feeling sorry for himself, then he called me later and wanted to talk, so he came by my place and told me about having another vision and feeling better about things, like it was all ok then. I keep going back and forth between thinking he's ok and totally off. Dude's manic-depressive or something. Anyway, I've got a description written down; we've kind of decided it brought the cow thing or is working with it or something."

[Allison] "Yeah... He's... different alright.... though on a somewhat connected note, Loretta is here. Haven't talked to her yet, she musta come in after i had gone to bed. I was gonna leave her some breakfast and money when i leave, and maybe give her my laptop so she has something to do.... Eric installed some games on it but i couldn't figure them out.. maybe she'll like them."

[Trent] "Maybe...see if she wants to talk maybe; i guess she and Pete had some weird encounter yesterday too; probably why he was in a weird mood, so she might be too. I swear, of all the people to get mixed up with each other, those two are a lethal combination."

[Allison] "Yeah... Lethal is one way to describe it.... Illegal and wrong are other ways.... I'll make sure she's alright before i leave for work.... Do you know anything she likes to do?.. I mean apart from hunting demons..."

[Trent] "Not really. She did seem really excited there was a camera on her phone. So maybe she likes tech stuff; the laptop is probably a good idea."

[Allison] "Well.. You could come by after work and we can figure out what to do then? If you want to.."

[Trent] "We can plan for it, and i'll give you a call if i hear from someone with a better idea before that."

[Allison] "Alright, that sounds good, i'll go check on Loretta then, good luck at work" *Blows a soft kiss into the horn*

[Trent] *smiles to himself* "Later, doll."

[Loretta] *is a Loretta-sized lump in the guest bed*

[Allison] *Closes the phone and heads into the kitchen to make some scrambled eggs, a ham sandwich and a glass of orange juice and putting it on a platter, then going up to Loretta's room and opening the door gently*

[Loretta] *groans quietly when she hears her*

[Allison] "Morning.... I brought you some breakfast in case you're hungry... or thirsty.. fighting demon cows can make one quite hungry i hear..."

[Loretta] *sits up and smiles* "Wow, room service; thanks."

[Allison] *Puts it carefully on Loretta's lap, and seems completely unable to suppress the reflex to run a quick hand through her sleep-tousled hair to straighten it* "Did you sleep alright? If you were hungry last night you could've woken me, i would've made you something"

[Loretta] *looks at her oddly* "I ate something."

[Allison] "I have to go to work soon, but Trent is coming by after work to discuss what to do about that killer cow and it's demon buddy, do you have any plans for today?"

[Loretta] "That thing has a buddy?"

[Allison] "I think so... Something like that anyway, We didn't have a lot of time for details but that seemed to be the jist of it..."

[Loretta] "But nope, no plans except work--shit!" *remembers something, so reaches over to grab her phone and look at it, remembering that it rang last night during the fight*

[Allison] *Nods* "Well, i left my laptop on the living room table, just in case you're bored you're free to use it. Is there anything you like to do?"

[Loretta] *snickers, starting to eat her breakfast* "You mean like a hobby?"

[Allison] "Yeah like that, when you're not fighting demons..."

[Loretta] "Never really thought about it, so not really."

[Loretta] "I mean...when am i ever not fighting?"

[Allison] "Well... You can't fight all eternity for humanity if you forget to be human... You'll loose focus of why it's worth fighting for. I'm sure we can find something you like to do.... Eric installed some games on my laptop that are supposed to be good" *She frowns slightly* "i couldn't figure them out... but you might like them..."

[Loretta] *shrugs* "Maybe. Hey, speaking of fighting..? If you happen to hear something weird about a bunch of guys in an alley, i totally made sure none of them were dead before i left. Just saying."

[Allison] "Eh..... oh.... alright.. What happened, are you alright?"

[Loretta] "Of course i'm alright. Just know it's a small town, and you'd probably hear about it eventually."

[Allison] "Alright.. Also, i left you some money next to the laptop too... oh and lastly... When do you turn 16, or are you already?..."

[Loretta] "April."

[Allison] "Well... Maybe you'd be interested in starting driving lessons sometime in the future... "

[Loretta] *shrugs* "I'll have to get officially emancipated before they'll give me a permit without a parent around."

[Allison] "Yes... to get a drivers license, but that's still a while away, nothing stops you from having some lessons on private property..."

[Loretta] "You're weird for a cop."

[Allison] *grins a little and nudges Loretta* "You really wanna talk about who's weirder then who? And hey, it's perfectly legal to let you drive around on private property, nobody can stop you untill you go onto public roads"

[Loretta] "Hey, i'm not as weird as i could be."

[Loretta] "Speaking of, i met a guy last night that thought he was a Slayer. I won't even get into how unlikely that one is."

[Loretta] "So, i mean, at least no gender-confusion here."

[Allison] "Well... You know i'm not really knowledgeable about all that.... but.. Sometimes people are confused... or want to be something they can't... for many reasons.... But i really should be getting to work.... I will see you.... Soon.. oh and feel free to raid the fridge if you're hungry again"

[Loretta] "Ok, later."

[Allison] *Get's up to gather her things and then head towards work*
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:13 pm

[Loretta]

Loretta leans back on the pillow after Allison leaves and thinks about just sleeping the rest of the day away. She opens her phone though, and calls the number Gary left instead.
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:27 pm

Allison, at the station, there is an odd report of 3 college kids, all male and all jocks, were apparently beaten up by a young woman with a description matching that of Loretta.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
User avatar
verdilak
l33t
l33t
 
Posts: 8739
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 am
Location: twitter.com/rpgaming
Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:30 pm

[Peter] *wakes up in his bed; does not do his normal excercise routine and instead makes breakfast. he remembers the last night and decides maybe awkward avoiding is a bad choice; types an SMS and sents it to Loretta at some point* 'Sorry. my fault... hope we can be friends like first?...'

[Loretta] *ends the call to Gary before he has a chance to pick up, at the signal of the incoming message; reads Peter's message and sends one back* "Yup. We're cool." *thinks a moment and sends another one* "My bad anyway"

[Peter] *chuckles when he reads it; sends one back* ' could meet like friends again...? maybe pass from work and go coffee, then meet slayer boy?...'

[Loretta] Haven't talked yet--will call and set up meeting maybe; Allirent meeting tonight @ her place, maybe all go there?

[Peter] *calls now, not wanting her to spend too much*

[Loretta] *laughs* "Could have said yes or no."

[Peter] "oh, but if i did, we'd be sending messages back and forth-lame. and hi too." *laughs*

[Loretta] "I didn't mind it...but then, i'm not exactly busy. Allison brought me breakfast in bed. Hi."

[Peter] "hmmm nice. so listen... i have plans work-wise, so i will have to make some little arrangements instead of working. i say we meet at cofeeshop near the beach and call the slayer boy there to set meeting; i do have some stuff to tell you too and ask your opinions."

[Loretta] "Ok...so you're not going to work?"

[Peter] "nope. i did get to a hospital recently for a serious thing, and i got just one day off; i think they'd be afraid not to give me a second day off if i asked. so we go at the cofeeshop? you remember, where we went when me and tRent met you?..."

[Loretta] "Sure; i got nothing else going on."

[Peter] "so... guess i'll see you there. bye."

[Loretta] *calls Gary again and leaves a message* "Hey Gary, it's Loretta; my friend Pete and i are meeting at the coffee shop at [insert address here] if you've got some time and want to hang out. Otherwise, i think the whole crew is getting together tonight; i'll call you later with a time and place when i have some specifics--bye!" *then takes the breakfast dishes down to the sink and gets dressed to go meet Pete*

[Peter] *waits for Loretta; nods when he sees her* "hi. so, uh... i guess we pretty much had a closure last night huh?... you know there are lots of worse closures on these things...I'm sorry if i made you feel uncomfortable though."

[Loretta] *shrugs* "It was my own failure to see the obvious; we're good. I left a message for that guy."

[Peter] "that is very good. also... i think we were kinda mean to Allison... she serves a law that didnt approve what we were doing, and i think she might had her feleings hurt a bit or something. we should let her know nothing is going on, so she can be glad."

[Loretta] "I'm not sure all that is necessary."

[Peter] "maybe you're right. also one last thing; there's something i want to talk to you about... it is a sensitive matter, but what i'll say to you i think a 'simple friend' would say."

[Loretta] "Ok..."

[Peter] "You are at a point that its natural to have... urges. i want you to know that its OK with me from now on-when it wasnt, i told you directly, right? i mean, *when* you are 'ready', you deserve something better than what i could provide-a guy that makes things less weird. and if, at some future point, you understand it, i'll be your friend-glad about it and not jealous."

[Loretta] *face palms*

[Peter] *lets her speak*

[Loretta] "That was a weird thing to say. Please don't go there again."

[Peter] "OK. i was just describing i moved on. is it okay?..."

[Loretta] "Yeah."

[Peter] "will it be weird if i tell you i'm going to a party soon and hoping to meet a girl that will end up better than that Sophie chick?..."

[Loretta] *laughs* "Only if you plan to explain, in scientific detail, any urges you happen to feel at the time."

[Peter] *chuckles* "yeah, sorry about that." *pauses* "i do have better clothes for the party though..."

[Loretta] "Really." *disbelieving*

[Peter] "well, didnt you notice i changed my wardrobe?... anyway, also i'll start a mixed martial arts dojo..."

[Loretta] "Guess my mind was elsewhere..." *perking up at the dojo statement* "Wait, seriously?"

[Peter] "yeah. wouldn't that be more 'me' than a dull Museum?"

[Loretta] "I would say."

[Peter] "so why so surprised? don't you like the idea?...it could also serve as *the* meetup place for us all..."

[Loretta] "No, i love the idea; i spent the second half of my childhood practically living in an MMA dojo."

[Peter] *smiles* "that's good. "

They continue to sit in the coffee shop and talk about clothes and what Pete shouldn't wear to a party, waiting to see if Gary calls or shows up.
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Archon » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:28 pm

[Gary]

*his eyes snap open as he jumps up. He looks around at the cemetary, the ground at the grave before him lays undisturbed*

"Well No Vamps is a good thing

*He checked his phone and sees there is a message from Loretta*

"Hey Gary, it's Loretta; my friend Pete and i are meeting at the coffee shop at [insert address here] if you've got some time and want to hang out. Otherwise, i think the whole crew is getting together tonight; i'll call you later with a time and place when i have some specifics--bye!"

* He looks at his watch and figures it will give him just enough time to head to his room and take a shower. On the way back he tries to think of what had happened the night before and didn't really notice anythingout off the ordinary. He get to his room just as the owner steps out to his room*

[Manager] " i was just coming to let you kow it is checkout time unless your going to stay again. Your room was tidy, most of my guest leave it a disater area"

[Gary] " Sorry about that, I had some things to take care of last night and ended up sleeping elsewhere. How Much do i owe you?"

[Manager] " For last night we'll call it $30, you gonna stay tonight?"

*Gary checked his funds, He could stay again but would not be able to eat anything....well he might as well stay where he did last night...nothing bothered him. He hands the manager the money for last night* " Nope I will find another place. but thanks for not throwing my stuff out" *He opens the doors to get his things and hands the manger back the keys to his room*

*The manager nods as she takes the money* " Alright then...if you find yourself in need of a place to stay come on back...there is almost always a room open" And then she turns and heads back into the office*

* Gary opens his bag and takes a mental check of his stuff to make sure it is all there then makes a call to Loretta*

" Loertta, This is Gary again...give me a call about what time you want to get together tonight. Talk to you later"

*Hanging up he tries to find a place to go clean up....maybe this place has a YMCA...if he was lucky*
Archon
1st Level Peasant
1st Level Peasant
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:03 pm
Favorite System: None
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:02 am

[Loretta]

Still sitting in the coffee shop, Loretta looks at her phone after listening to Gary's message, and muses aloud "Man, we must have shit for reception here or something; i'm not even hearing this thing ring most of the time, and his always goes straight to voicemail too..." She then holds it out in different directions, studying the screen to see if it makes a difference.

"So Pete, whadaya think? Meet up with everyone tonight for more research? Allison said something about another demon working with the cow-thing, but the details were sketchy; i don't even know whose idea that was or why they think that, but i guess someone might be onto something."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Pyriel » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:56 am

[Peter]

He frowns a bit, thinking what to say "... it was actually my idea; see i had a vision with a description of a demon thats somehow connected to the cow monster. so i sort of gave the description to Trent, just to have a copy besides my memory, and we said we should look into it. So either we have a clue on solving this thing, or i am crazy. Judging from my previous visions accuracy i'd think its not the case..." *pauses*

"sorry for not notifying you earlier...i just felt like contacting Trent and hoped that despite their view on some arguments we had, him and Allison were still my friends to call... surely you understand that right?... " *does sort of an apologising smile*
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:35 am

[Loretta]

Loretta shrugs, "I guess i did skip out on the research thing; i probably wouldn't have known what you were talking about anyway. So cool, we know what to start looking for next at least. I'll plan to help out this time. Have you told Kit? She seems to know some stuff."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:57 am

[Peter] "i dont know, i guess i'm kinda scared of talking to Kit since recruiting is now Trent's gig... plus i dont have her number or whatever... i hope Trent or Allison got it."

[Loretta] *shrugs* "Telling everyone you saw something useful isn't the same as recruiting."

[Peter] "yeah, i'm just kind of worrying i'll screw up and scare her away from us.But i guess telling her what i saw wouldnt be wrong... if i had her number, like i said."

[Loretta] "i never thought to ask for it, but i don't remember her giving one to anyone else either." *shrugs* "She seems to show up conveniently though."

[Peter] "yeah, though i have reasons to believe thats not weird... we usually have met her to places she would have gone anyway. i guess i'll tell her when i see her. who knows, maybe she'll even be there when we research..."

[Loretta] "Sounds reasonable, since we haven't figured it all out yet."

[Peter] *smiles* "... OK. I'm glad we cleared stuff up; seems i should get going, arrangements to make, ones that would be boring for you. plus, you should probably go do your own stuff too..."

[Loretta] "Yeah, see ya around."

[Peter] "cya." *pays and leaves, pleased with how it went*
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:38 pm

[Loretta]

Once Peter leaves, Loretta sends Allison a text, "More research tonight? ok to invite new guy?"
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:32 am

[Allison]

Allison get's to work on her normal duties and waits for two or three hours before going for a cup of coffee and casually reading through the whole report, pretending to be bored. Then heading back to her own desk to check her messages and sending one back to Loretta.
"Sounds Alright, I'll call you on my next break."
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:26 pm

[Trent]

On his lunch break, Trent walks to the hardware store and buys a new deadbolt for his door; he returns and installs it, dropping a key off with the landlord, "Neighbors..." is the only explanation he gives, and the older man answers with an understanding nod.
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:35 pm

[Allison] *Goes back to the same place her and Trent had lunch a few days ago and eats a quick sandwich before calling Loretta*

[Loretta] "Hey, what's up?"

[Allison] "Not much, just thought i'd call you while on my break..."

[Loretta] "Yeah, so...should i bring this guy to your place, or take him to the bookstore, or what, you think?"

[Allison] *Thinks for a moment* "It'd probably be easier to go from my place with cars... Unless he might be all crazy"

[Loretta] "Well...he thinks he's a Slayer...so i vote crazy."

[Allison] "Well i meant dangerous more then crazy... Speaking of which... I think your eh.. 'friends' did file a report... They say they were just minding their own bussiness in an alley and a girl who sounds strikingly like you came by and beat them up, but i'm guessing they left some parts out?.."

[Loretta] "Yeah, they left out the part where they were beating up on another guy. I dropped that one off at the hospital though--i don't know if he saw me or not, but i'm sure he'll remember the others. But if Slayer Boy fights like i do, then yeah, i would consider him dangerous. I haven't seen him in action though, so he could just be bullshitting."

[Allison] "Well maybe we should meet at the bookstore then.. Though you'll need something to eat... Did you take along the money i left you?"

[Loretta] "No, i left through the front door and forgot about it. Hey Allison? I'll come down and answer questions if that helps you out. I don't think i did anything wrong."

[Allison] "I know... But as much as i'd like that... I'm not sure that's a good idea untill we work out the parentage problem. I'm glad you offered though"

[Loretta] *sighs* "Yeah...i guess if i'm getting into fights, there's not much chance anyone's going to think i don't need parents, huh?"

[Allison] "Well... We'll try to work something out... I'll see if i can find some way you don't need to worry about being without a guardian so much anymore.."

[Loretta] *tries to hide the suspicion from her voice* "Thanks."

[Allison] "Then we can decide if you want to come here and set the record straight about all the trouble you've been up to!"

[Loretta] "I'm telling you, there was another guy..."

[Allison] "I know, i know, i was just teasing you... Do you have enough money to get something to eat?"

[Loretta] "I'll work for a couple of hours and get something there; they don't care." *laughs* "And stop nagging me about it; i'm eating so much lately, i think i'm actually growing boobs."

[Allison] "You're probably just growing. Hence why it's important to eat well! But i really should get back to work.... I'll see you at the store, be careful alright?"

[Loretta] "Sure; see ya."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:28 pm

[Loretta]

Loretta sends Gary a text: "Meet @ my work, 5ish? Meet w/others after"
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:58 pm

[Allison]

Allison puts away her phone and spends a minute watching the playground before heading back to work and returning to her job.
During her work she does some quick checking to see if there's any report about someone being brought to the hospital who fits the person Loretta spoke about.
And when it's time to go home at long last she saves her work of the day and grabs her things to hurry home and get started on dinner.
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Archon » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:32 am

[Gary]

*As he walked round the town looking for a place to clean up his phone chimes. he opens it up and notices it is a text from Loretta*

"Meet @ my work, 5ish? Meet w/others after"

*He Texts Back* "OK, Sounds good See you soon

*He starts looking through out the city and finally finds a Hostel. After paying for using thier facilities he goes up into the room he sets his stuff down. Going through his meager possesions he picks out his clothes then heads to the shower to make himself presentable. He Turns on the shower letting it reach temprature and gets underneath the spray.*

"Man this feels good."

*As he is cleaning himself his mind starts to wander as he thinks about the past couple of days, and why it was so hard for Loretta to believe that he was a Slayer. He started noticing subtle difference in his agility and strength at a frat party. A couple of the guys had gotten drunk and into an argument over a girl and he went to break it up. one of them took a swing at him, Gary countered the punch and hit the guy. not too hard or so he thought, the guy went flying across the room and onto a table. He never went back into that Frat hose again. then he began that people started looking at him differently.

Word had gotten around campus and everyone pretty much stayed clear of him. A couple of times when he went to the local coffee shop, some of the football team tried to ambush him for hitting thier friend, and it ended up with them on the ground. He had almost got taken to jail until a girl vouched that they had started it.

It was about this time in his changes that his Watcher showed up and told him what was going on. He told him that he was a slayer, a warrior in the fight between good and evil. He didn't believe him at first until he faced his first Vamp. *

*A feeling of cold snaps Gary out of his thoughts, The water had gotten cold. Quickly he washed his hair and got out, shivering.
he made his way to the room and dried himself off, and changed his clothes. Looking at his phone and noticed it was almost time to meet Loretta and her friends. Feeling a bit better he grabs his bag puts it in the locker they provided him and locks it up.*

* Stepping out into the street he feels the air and sniffs, Smelled like rain, but then again he cold be wrong. Crossing the street he heads toward the smell of coffee, and Loretta*


(OOC) - I am sorry for not being on these past few days i have had some issues that I had to work on.
Archon
1st Level Peasant
1st Level Peasant
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:03 pm
Favorite System: None
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:42 pm

[Allison]

Upon reaching home Allison checks on Eric briefly and then goes back downstairs to start on dinner, and taking her phone in a free moment to send a text message to Kit.
"Might have some information on the evil cow's owner, we're going back to the same place as last night, if you're interested in joining."
After finishing with her message she puts her phone away and tries to focus on the food, even thought her thoughts keep drifting off somewhere else.
When the food is done she carries a plate up to her brother and warns him not to spill any this time, then turns the stove down to 'keep it warm' level.
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:44 pm

[Trent]

After a shower and a change of clothes, Trent arrives at Allison's, smiling to himself at how familiar it has become.

He lets himself in the front door, calling out to announce his presence, "I'm...uh...here..." immediately thinking that sounded awkward. He takes a quick inventory of the house from the entryway, noting that just Allison and Eric are home, they're both upstairs, and that dinner is ready.

He waits for Allison to come down the stairs, grabbing her in a tight hug when she does, "Missed you."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:36 pm

[Loretta]

Loretta sweeps Gary back out the door as soon as he enters the coffee shop, shoving a muffin and warm styrofoam cup into his hands, "Let's go, let's go! Sheesh, what were you doing? Doesn't matter; it's just going to take some time to get there, so come on."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Pyriel » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:20 am

[Peter]

Peter goes to check any paperwork needed to start out the dojo, taking notes to forge any documents really needed for loans and the like. after some hours of checking out to see what difficulties he'll be having if any, so as to be better prepared, he writes the notes , leaves them in a drawer -he'd better have time for the forgeries and not be in a rush- then he heads for the meetup with the others.

OOC:
spending the day's drama point as far as the dojo's creation process is concerned; it is not meant to increase wealth rating or anything, just provide a more fun and game-friendly explanation for the existing wealth rating.
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:45 am

[Allison]

She wraps her arms around him and grins "Heyas, You're just in time, we should have just enough time to have dinner and then get ready to go to that bookstore, speaking of which, i told Kit about our meetup too, she helped us last night, can't hurt to have her along again. oh and i think Loretta is bringing a new 'friend'."
She gently brings Trent to the couch so they can have a TV dinner until it's time to go.
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by verdilak » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:34 am

OOC:
Sorry for being out of the loop on this game... I blame the vacation lol

Allison, so far, noone has come forward to substantiate Loretta's story. At this time, it's her word vs the word of the guys she beat up.

Peter, everything looks in perfect order for your buisness, including forged documents, buisness plans, and so forth.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
User avatar
verdilak
l33t
l33t
 
Posts: 8739
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 am
Location: twitter.com/rpgaming
Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:05 pm

[Trent]

As always, Trent complies with Allison's wishes, making little smalltalk over dinner. Anything he could say now would be better saved for either the meet-up, or demon-free downtime anyway. When Allison's ready, he heads out, but stops a moment first to set his truck keys down in a very visible location. He shrugs, "Doubt the kid would want to drive ol Betty anyway, but if something came up, at least he's got the option."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Archon » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:37 pm

[Gary]

*takes the muffin and coffee* " Thanks, Sooooo...what can you tell me about these people, and where is it exactly that we are going?"
Archon
1st Level Peasant
1st Level Peasant
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:03 pm
Favorite System: None
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:52 pm

[Loretta]

"Well...you've already met me. Then there's Peter, the maladjusted former military commando guy, and Trent, the werewolf-mechanic. Allison is mostly normal, except that she's a cop and she likes furries. That's all for regulars, but sometimes this witchy lady, Kitriana, drops by--i think she's helping with research. We're going to an extra-special bookstore with a creepy shopkeeper, so mind your scrotum; he's a collector."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Lexi » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:09 pm

[Kitriana]

Kitriana listened to the voicemail and shrugged. It seemed some of them were letting her in already; she wasn't really expecting that. After not finding anything in her own library, though, she was quite curious as to the origins of the cow, mostly for her own interests.

She picked up a big cup of frothy coffee and made her way to the bookstore, wondering if anyone was there yet.
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:01 pm
Favorite System: oWoD/NWoD

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Archon » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:26 pm

[Gary]

*continuing to listen as they walk*

" So what exactly have you encountered in this area"
Archon
1st Level Peasant
1st Level Peasant
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:03 pm
Favorite System: None
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:30 pm

[Loretta]

"A few vampires, a werewolf--not Trent though, a different one; and we haven't exactly dealt with it anyway, but he says he's on it. Then there was the smoke demon we put in a box a few nights ago, and right now there's a cow-demon-thing and its friend."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:28 pm

Trent: *stops to let Pete in the car* "Oops...Hey Pete, guess we had communication fail."
Peter: *gets in* "uh-huh. so are we going to the supershiny bookstore thing?"
Trent: "Yup." *drives there*
Trent: "Loretta's bringing the new guy, last i checked."
Peter: *walks in, still amazed at how shiny this magical stuff seems to him; he then glances at the actual occupants of the bookstore*
Trent: *locks up the car and follows Allison in*
Peter: "sure. she told me." *is too awkward to greet the owner, proceeds inside*
Allison: "I told kit we were going to be here in case she wanted to join us again, she found out all that cow information last time..."
** Kitriana is in the back, standing looking lost in a shelf of books **
Peter: "she did... i hope the description of the vision helps her find some more stuff." *sees her* "oh hey Kit." *smiles*
Trent: *nods casually to the shop owner as they walk past*
Trent: "Sup Kit?"
** Kitriana doesn't seem to hear for a minute, then turns back "Oh, hello." **
Allison: "Heya.. got my message?"
Peter: "so... i had a vision last night... not very clear on the details but at least i got a visual. i was shown a demon that i felt has something to do with this situation... not sure what though."
Peter: *gives her the written description of the demon*
Peter: "i was hoping ... maybe you'd like to help?"
Kitriana: "Hmm."
Peter: ** rolling Knowledge for bookish research add successes to Kit's Occult; [1d10+4+5-1] => [5,4,5,-1] = (13) **
Peter: *while going through books* "so...any news? myself it seems everything is set; i'm changing from museum guy to martial arts instructor guy. paperwork is ready!"
Trent: "Good luck with that; pretty big change."
Allison: "You're going to work at a martial arts place?..."
Peter: "At my own martial arts place, nonetheless! isnt it great?"
Kitriana: "Owning your own business is risky."
** Kitriana peruses through books, sipping her coffee as she does **
Peter: "well, i have already changed my surname, and the military guys couldnt find me while i was working in a state museum. i think they wont find me now either."
Allison: "I don't think she was talking about that..."
Trent: Research to help [1d10+6] => [10,6] = (16)
Trent: "Yeah dude, she means financially..."
Allison: "It's a risky business... Could go bankrupt if you're not careful..."
Peter: "i know, but theres no competition on that, in a town with seemingly so many monsters. "
Peter: "so i should be honestly getting many students... surprised nobody thought of it earlier."
Trent: *smirks* "And apparently few heroes..."
Kitriana: "Every town has monsters if you know where to look. That's not an ideal basis when there are probably already established trainers at the local gyms."
Peter: "thats the thing-there arent that many Gyms around here."
** Kitriana just continues browsing the shelfs, (( Occult, with Trent's bonuses :p [1d10+7+5+4] => [6,7,5,4] = (22) **
Peter: "and no mixed martial arts ones at that-thats right. zero. we dont have a wole lot of town here."
Kitriana: "And the ones there are, probably get a lot of business."
Trent: "I think it'll be fine; something Pete's much more suited to than museum work. Business will come if the service provided is good."
Peter: *nods*
Allison: "Well, i guess business is always a risk anyway right?..."
** Kitriana shrugs "Not my place to tell you. I just hope you have the money to back it up, customers don't appear overnight." **
Peter: *shrugs* "you are right at that Kit. but honestly i think with you-know-who after me this is the least i'm worried about. "
Kitriana: "Mm, yes, the people who likely know right where to look after throwing around their names not long ago."
** Kitriana looks lost in the shelf again **
Trent: *clears throat* "This one looks promising." *hands it over to Kit*
** Kitriana takes the book and starts browsing through it. **
Allison: "I'll go back to... random book picking..."
Peter: *shrugs* "been lucky till now. maybe the program was canceled or something. it happens." *to Allison* "so Allison, i was thinking of your offer..."
** Allison picks a book off the shelf and pulls her chair against Trent's, leaning lightly against him while reading through it **
** Allison puts a finger between the books pages and looks up **
Allison: "Which one?"
Peter: "the party?" *clears throat* "can i still come with you guys?"
Allison: "Alright... well, i still have to ask my friend if it's alright, but i don't think it will be a problem.."
Trent: *puts his arms around Allison's waist and rests his chin on her shoulder* "I still say you should just take him."
Peter: "come on, Trent, it'll be fun."
Trent: *grunts*
** Allison smirks and kisses Trent's cheek **
Allison: "I came with you to demon hunting... with killer cows and sand demons... you can come to my friends party!"
Trent: "You make a good point...but you just want an excuse to dress me up and parade me around."
** Allison grins and strokes his hair, then shrugging **
** Kitriana chuckles as if someone said something funny, but continues browsing through the book **
Peter: *whispering to Kit* "Allison didnt say anything to you cause you werent there; however if you wanted to go, dont feel left out; i really think it'll be OK if you tell her."
Allison: "Ofcourse"
Trent: "Dammit. See that? I knew it."
Trent: *sad puppy face*
Kitriana: "I don't do parties."
Peter: "well i knew, still i didnt wnat you to think we wouldnt... you know."
Allison: "Don't pout dear, i'll make it up to you."
Trent: *grins*
Peter: "hey Trent, at least you can be the second-most-awkward guy over there!" *smiles*
Trent: "Guess we'll see."
Peter: *keeps going through various books, not actually finding anything* "damn. this is hard..."
Kitriana: "Did you expect to just walk in and have the information handed to you?"
** Kitriana takes another sip of the coffee and continues reading through the book **
Trent: "He's just making an observation, Kit."
Peter: "no. its just... i normally know how to search through books, but occult stuff is not really my area..."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Pyriel » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:48 pm

Langley, Virginia, 5 hours ago...

In a huge operating room, people are standing, seemingly waiting, looking at their computer screens; A very specific bald man stands still in the main supervisor chair, browsing through various sources of information, until one of the computer operators yells: “We’ve got signal from Echelon! Keywords: ‘stem cells gland’, location: some hospital in Serendipity.” The man frowned.
[supervisor] “where is it?... I want that phone, people! ”
[operator] “Forty seconds, sir… There. This cell phone number. Belongs to a doctor chatting with a colleague, they are named…”
[supervisor] “Stop the call. Stop it now. I want a list of the doctor’s patients. “
[operator] “… There’s a name sir… Peter Doe… doesn’t match any of the locals in our data. ”
[supervisor] “Search for any matches in the area.”
[operator] “… theres Peter Banks that has some kind of a tavern… oh! This Peter Speirs is trying to open a Gym. Sir…”
*the supervisor draws close* “ The papers mention Moni Aizik as his Krav Maga instructor; If that’s true he may have gone through seminars, that or he had military background... Museum? He was a… translator?...”
[operator] “Sir… looks fine to me.”
[supervisor] “see if documents were forged.” *makes some calls to secure lines, then after some time when results have come up* “This is our guy. I need his cell phone. Do we have any AEW&C there?”
[operator] “Yes sir; we can lunch an AWACS from a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier close to the area. “
[supervisor] “I’ll call his superiors to send a retrieval team. He doesn’t know his project has been cancelled like the last similar one ; he thinks they are after him.” *does the call* “Back to work, people.”

Meanwhile, currently in Serendipity…
[Peter]
Peter gets an SMS in his cell phone: “Your security code was WKD 4496. We could make this hard, we don’t. Meet me outside. I’ll give you directions slowly.”
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Pyriel » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:06 pm

[Peter]
Peter thinks a bit... he knows its not standard proceedure for capturing fugitives to warn them; and they couldnt know he was with a Slayer and a witch; they would think capturing him at this shop would be easy. If they wanted to capture him, they'd have done already, or at least tried.
"Guys... seems i gotta go; i must check on some equipment for the Gym that i ordered... I'll be back soon though."

He walks outside when his phone rings, a man's voice giving him directions on where to turn, leading him to a relatively close, but isolated street;
A man is alone and attempts to surprise Pete, but Pete notices and greets him.
[man] "Hello Peter. Didnt think i'd see you again..."
[Peter] "what do you want?"
[man] "remember the Sunnydale incident?"
[Peter] "Yes. State your point."
[man] well, there was a similar screwup in your project... they used your data to create another Adam... he turned against us soon enough; our golden boy was there to take him out, having fought the previous incarnation of the project too."
[Peter] "so..."
[man] "the project is cancelled until a commitee decides what to do-would normally take several months or couple of years. until then i am assigned on damage control. I am here to take you back. We can fix you , boy. After some time in Psy Ops you'll get an honorary release. Nobody will ask. We'll also figure something out so that you know we're not going to harm you once we go to HQ. "
[Peter] "let me sort some stuff out and confirm the intel that you gave me...trust isnt that easy on these matters."
[man] "well, fine by that. till then i'll make the arrangements."

*Peter goes back to the bookstore, sending a message for Trent to meet him outside the door, where everyone in the group will see them but none can hear*
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Pyriel » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:03 pm

[Trent] *sees the message and leans over to quietly tell Allison, "Pete." before going out to meet him* "Sup?"
[Peter] *waits outside* "hey man..." *hesitates to speak as if looking for the right words*
[Trent] *just waits patiently*
[Peter] "Some people in the Initiative messed up horribly. for the second time the project with experiments such as mine failed..."
"they found me after they sorted things out, and offered to 'fix' me of the sideffects of their crimes."
[Trent] "And you trust them...?
[Peter] "Hell no. but first, this has happened again and what they said was how they had handled it, and second, there are ways during negotiations to ... ehm... 'build trust' between two parties."
[Trent] "So...what are you suggesting?"
[Peter] "Nothing directly concerning you. I put an envelope to some paper and order for it to be sent to the press if i dont keep giving a password evey day until i get out healthy. thats one option. They seemed willing to let me use such options..."
"and i take their offer and go there. they cant have a dangerous escaped labrat like me-from their point of view- out, so if i dont accept they will act really bad. But they claim after i undergo some therapy and psychiatrich evaluation i am free to go..."
[Trent] "So you're planning to go..."
[Peter] *makes a really sad face, unsure what to say* "I'm sure you'll do fine without me. Plus, i'll try to send you letters and stuff... "
[Trent] *lets out a big sigh* "I don't know man...seems real risky. The kind of risky you already know is bad news. Are things really that bad? That you need their help, i mean?"
[Peter] "No. But they have reasons to not want me out before i get evaluated. I really dont want to push my luck there since they were ... kind enough to warn me to see them without hurting you guys first...""see it from their point of view; the other experiments resulted in killers."
[Trent] *nods* "Well, is there anything i can do? Help get your affairs in order and whatnot?"
[Peter] *sighs* "well...there might be one thing..."
[Trent] "Name it, bro."
[Peter] "I want you to talk to Loretta about this; See that she's not worried and tell her i swear to be back. Nothing will stop me from that. And i'll try to keep in touch-we could even use a password to verify that when one gets mail, it is really from me, or really from you."
[Trent] "How long do you really think it would take them to figure that out?"
[Peter] "Not much... still i'd like to keep in touch...would help for at least 3 mails each before they can see it."
"and until they do, we will have already figured out if they meant what they said or if they betrayed me. which i think is nice..."
[Trent] "Alright." *smiles* "Don't think they could quite fake the full extent of you manic tendencies anyway. But don't you think you should talk to Loretta yourself? She's on her way here, far as i know."
[Peter] "well... i would like to talk to her, you know that, but i think it wouldnt be such a good idea... unnecessary drama. i think she deserves an explanation, but... i dont want her to see me right before i go. it might be better for her...can you leave her a note of mine?..."
[Trent] "She'll be crazy-mad, but if you think it's best, i'll talk to her."
[Trent] "Sure, no problem."
[Peter] *takes out pen & paper* "... gimme some room man... sorry alright? you know how difficult these things can get..."
*writes the note*
[Trent] "It's cool." *steps to the other side of the doorway, and lights a cigarette, leaning against the building* "Take your time."
[Peter] *gives the note* "You do know i will miss you all guys right?..."
[Trent] *takes it and puts it into a pocket without a glance* "Yeah, we worked well together."
[Peter] "... thats not the only thing i meant... you helped me in ways i couldnt have imagined even outside of... 'our business'. You are the best friends i ever had.Sorry if i didnt show how i appreciated that..." *offers handshake* "...this is not goodbye... right?"
[Trent] *smiles a little* "Nah man, it's all understood." *puts out his cigarette and shakes* "I would hate to think so."
[Peter] *unsure what to say for a minute* "take care of her. and take care of *them*. "
*slowly starts to leave after Trent's response*
[Trent] "You know i will man. Take care of yourself."
[Peter] *nods* "see ya." *pauses as he leaves* "I will."
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:28 pm

[Trent]

Trent pulls out another cigarette as Peter leaves, fully intending to light it, but decides at the last moment that it would be better to get this over with before Loretta shows up. He puts it back into his pocket and goes inside, with a somber look on his face.

"Well ladies, looks like we're down a man. Peter has some personal stuff to work out elsewhere. Not sure when he'll be back, but he doesn't seem to think it'll be long. I really hope this new guy wasn't bluffing about being a Slayer."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Lexi » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:37 pm

[Kitriana]

Kit looks up from the book and frowns momentarily. "Do you mean new guy as in male, or just a euphemism for new person?" She closes the latest book and pulls another one out of the stack, still frowning.

"If it's the former, someone's either lying, or we've got a very deluded young man."

Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:01 pm
Favorite System: oWoD/NWoD

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:44 pm

[Trent]

Trent shrugs, "I thought Slayers were all girls, but i'm no expert; maybe it's more complicated than that. But if he can fight like Lorrie, i'll be happy as hell, whatever he is."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Lexi » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:55 pm

[Kitriana]

"Slayers are all girls. In all of the histories I've studied, I've never come across a male, and in the rather...virulent outburst of them recently, I'm not sure there were males in that set either."

She just shrugs, and goes back to perusing through the books in front of her.
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:01 pm
Favorite System: oWoD/NWoD

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by verdilak » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:18 pm

Research on the cow will turn up that it was first encountered in Europe and according to myth it was the love child of two gods. Regardless of myth, it is a demon and can only be summoned to Earth through a rather lengthy ritual (ritual is written, if anyone wants it, just say so). It is normally summoned by a variety of demons, but there is a picture of the most common variety, the same that Peter's vision saw.

OOC:
You are researching more on the cow, correct?

You of course come across the previously found material.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
User avatar
verdilak
l33t
l33t
 
Posts: 8739
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 am
Location: twitter.com/rpgaming
Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:28 am

[Allison]

She frowns at Trent's news "He left? Right after asking to come to that party? That's.... Well.... Strange."
She studies Trent for a moment and suspects there's probably more to the story then he's let on, but doesn't press the subject for now instead going back to reading books, mumbling softly.
"You know, someone should really make a creepowiki.... It'd be a lot easier."
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by verdilak » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:43 am

The research also pulls up information on the guy seen in Peter's vision. Ayros is his name and suffering is his game. He feeds off of the suffering of others but dislikes getting his hands dirty. Hence him summoning the cow. No special vulnerabilities or resistances are known. He was last driven from this dimension by a cult of Ra in the 11th century with good old fashioned weapons.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
User avatar
verdilak
l33t
l33t
 
Posts: 8739
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 am
Location: twitter.com/rpgaming
Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Lexi » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:55 pm

[Kitriana]

Kit doesn't appear to have heard the news, and she looks up from the book. "Demon's name is Ayros, and he dies regularly."
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:01 pm
Favorite System: oWoD/NWoD

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Archon » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:00 pm

[Gary]

*continues to think quietly as he walks with Loretta, wondering what to expect from this group of people*

OOC:
Just say for the sake of everything Gary is going along with the group, helping out when he can. i am sorry but I have some things I need to work on...i will get back to posting when i can.
Archon
1st Level Peasant
1st Level Peasant
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:03 pm
Favorite System: None
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:07 am

[Trent]

Allison wrote: "He left? Right after asking to come to that party? That's.... Well.... Strange."


Trent shrugs, "Well, Pete's kinda strange..." but begins to feel Allison's eyes staring through him, so he gives her a look that promises he will explain everything later--at least what he can of it.

Allison wrote:"You know, someone should really make a creepowiki.... It'd be a lot easier."


"You know, that's a good idea. Anyone really good with computers? Maybe that's something we can set Loretta on. She's going to take Peter leaving pretty hard; maybe it would be good for her to have something to do."

Kitriana wrote: "Demon's name is Ayros, and he dies regularly."


"That's good news; any other clues about how to find him?"
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:33 am

[Loretta]

Thinking it strange that another, alleged, Slayer would be so quiet during talk of slayage, Loretta looks Gary over, sees that he's thinking to himself, and figures he's probably just nervous. "They're all nice. Really. I mean, we're misfits each one, but we get along well and help each other out. Not that i want to admit it to them, but they're my only friends. They'll like you. Just don't take Peter too seriously; he's kind of random sometimes. This is the place up here--see how you almost don't even notice it from the street? Either some kind of magicy thing the owner put on it, or brilliant planning--i'm not sure which would be more impressive.

Loretta leads onward and walks through the door, seeing the others, "Hey; sorry we're late. This is Gary. Gary, that's Allison and Trent, and Kitriana is over there. We didn't miss all the crazy fun, did we?"
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Lexi » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:45 am

[Kitriana]

Kit shakes her head to Trent. "Nothing yet, though now that we know the name, perhaps if anyone knows any of the locals? They might know of one coming into town." Kitriana looks up finally when she sees Loretta walk in, and then glances over to Gary. "Nice to meet you, I'm sure..." and then seems to scrunch up her eyes, seeming to stare at Gary for an indeterminate amount of time. She then says without in a matter-of-fact voice, "You have no aura."
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:01 pm
Favorite System: oWoD/NWoD

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:06 am

[Allison]

"My brothers pretty good with computers, but he doesn't know about any of this..."
She looks up when the door opens and smiles at Loretta. "Hey lorrie, not much crazyness going on yet really..."
Allison squeezes Trent's hand briefly and looks at him, thinking he knows the most about Pete leaving and should probably be the one to tell her when it's the proper time.
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:26 am

[Trent] *shakes Gary's hand* "Nice to meet you, Gary. Loretta, why don't we let the girls fill him in--we need to go talk about something outside."

[Loretta] "Why? I didn't do anything."

[Trent] "It's nothing like that...just important. Please?"

[Loretta] "Fine..."

They both exit to the sidewalk outside of the bookstore.

[Loretta] "Whataya want?"

[Trent] *takes a deep breath, hating this job* "Peter left. He had something to do."

[Loretta] "Yeah, fine; i realize i was late, sheesh. It's because i have a job. But so what? What did he do, say he had to work in the morning, but get all uptight and make you promise you'd apologize to me for leaving before i got here or something? Ugh, what a spaz. He gets so worked up over mundane stuff. And he could have just ca--"

[Trent] *interrupts* "Loretta. He's leaving town. Said they'd fix some stuff."

[Loretta] "Wait. You mean he went there!? No. He wouldn't do that; he would never go back. Something is very wrong. We have to go--" *begins to walk off quickly, as though she had any idea where to go*

[Trent] *takes a step too and puts an arm out to stop her* "Loretta, sweetie, i know this is upsetting, and confusing, but sometimes a man just feels like he needs to do certain things. It doesn't always make sense, and it doesn't always end up being right. I don't expect you to understand, but just trust me on this, and trust him to figure it out for himself."

[Loretta] *silence for a moment, while it all sets in* "But...i just talked to him today; he was starting a business! This doesn't make any sense; and why would he leave without saying something? Or at least calling?"

[Trent] "I don't know; he left you a note though. Maybe it explains things." *takes it out of his pocket and holds it out to her*

[Loretta] *looks at Trent for a moment, then to the paper in his hand* "This can't be happening..." *takes the paper*

[Trent] "You want me to go back inside?"

[Loretta] "No, stay a minute." *begins to unfold and read the letter from Peter, first quickly, then again more slowly, as though sure she had missed something, her expression changing from disbelief to concern, then finally to sadness, complete with silent tears*

[Trent] *stands there, hands in his pockets, rather uncomfortably; doesn't know if he should say something, hug her, or just leave her alone*

[Loretta] *folds the paper back up, puts it in her pocket, and looks at Trent expectantly, tears streaming down her face*

[Trent] *grabs her up in a big hug, not knowing what else he can do for her* "What do you want to do? Go out for ice cream?"

[Loretta] *laughs, in spite of herself* "No, but i don't really feel like talking to anyone either. I'm gonna go take a walk."

[Trent] "Alright. The whole thing leaves me needing ice cream though, so give me a call when you're ready, ok?"

[Loretta] *cracks a smile before walking off* "Sure thing."

[Trent] *returns to the bookstore, looking rather defeated*
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:36 pm

[Allison]
Looks up from her current book when Trent re-enters the store, and frowns at his expression and the fact that he's alone, taking his hand to pull him into the chair next to hers, letting out a soft sigh.
"What's wrong? Loretta take it hard?"
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:15 pm

[Trent]

"Yeah...she's 'taking a walk,' which i suspect means she's looking for something to kill. Don't think she'll cause a scene though; just doesn't feel like talking to any of us."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Pyriel » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:30 pm

[Peter]

Peter was having mixed feelings about things. A couple of hours had passed since he had left the others; He would sure miss them all... some more than others, but all of them had become a part of him now... He had taken steps to ensure that what the Initiative Agent said was true, and was now ready to board the UH-60 helicopter with him, escorted by two soldiers with the Land Warrior system attached to their heads-probably to help them notice invisible or supernatural threats, he thought, and considered himself lucky.

Pete had also promised something... With that, he took his cellphone and took a fast but good picture of himself... At the background, music could be heard from an open window, strangely hiding even the sound of the engine, like some weird background music... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpgin1-8erQ OOC:
(( credits to hippie for finding that song )) He breathed in and sent it to Loretta, reminding himself that he would be back.
The UH-60 took off, lifting itself slowly, letting Peter see Serendipity farther and farther away...
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:44 pm

[Allison]

Nods gravely and runs a hand through Trent's hair "She's a strong girl, I think she'll be alright, maybe a little time apart will actually do them good, he's going to come back isn't he?" She leans forward to kiss his cheek briefly "What about you? Do you feel like talking? I know he was your friend."
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Next

Return to Serendipity

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron