Day 12, Friday September 13th

Moderators: verdilak, hippie_mama

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:50 pm

[Trent]

"Yeah, I can't help but think that 'time' is the best thing that can happen to that situation. He says he fully plans to come back, and soon at that, but i don't know; it wouldn't be the first suicidal thing he's done since i've known him.

He closes his eyes and smiles slightly at the kiss, "I don't know. Not really a manly subject to dwell on."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:03 pm

Loretta: *isn't sure what to do or think, or where she's going; she's not even sure if she's angry or sad or just confused; she's walking at a brisk pace in no particular direction, contrary to her usual habits*

After some time of that, Loretta turns down an alleyway and run smack-dab into the demon!

Ayros: *looks in surprise at the young girl before starting to smile* "You taste deliciously downtrodden. Was your boyfriend seen kissing another girl at the drinking faucet? Or perhaps another boy? I mean, it is the new millennium after all."

Loretta: *stops abruptly and cracks her knuckles with a smile* "Just the sick bastard i was looking for."

Ayros: *raises his eyebrows and puffs out his chest* "Oh? You have heard of me then? Pray tell, did the story of my time in Kenya impress you, or was it the devastation I engineered during one of the Chinese revolts. Don't ask me which, I am not a history buff when it comes to my food. You know, bets were laid that I would be completely unknown while I was in this little gem of a town..." *eyes Loretta* "So, what are you then? one of those teeny-bopper slayers we have heard so much about?" *and laughs as though he just made a joke*

Loretta: (combat roll: [1d10] => [1] = (1); punch = [1+7+6] => 14) "I got bored after the part about you getting a rabid COW to do your dirty work--lame." *goes in for a sucker punch*

Ayros: "She is not rabid, despite what you might.." *gets sucker punched*

Loretta: "And yeah. One of 'those.'" *attempts to sweep kick his mangy old ass, but fails to move him*

Ayros: *looks at her, and her attempted kick* "Feels like you need more practice." *then looks at her intently, (Hypnosis [1d10+8] => [5,8] = (13))* "You hear your friends calling to you, go, run to them."

Loretta: [1d10+12] => [5,12] = (17) "You assume a Slayer has friends."

Ayros: *looks crest-fallen* "You really are a slayer, aren't you." *holds up his hands as Loretta attacks him again* "Wait! Wait! Don't you want to know how to get rid of the rabid cow, as you say?"

Loretta: ([1d10] => [1] = (1)) *sucker-punches again, then tries to head-butt him in the chest, but fails, taking 16 bash damage herself

Ayros: *attempts hynposis again [1d10+8] => [4,8] = (12)* "That self-inflicted head smash into the wall looks bad. Hospital E.R. is recommended." *as he leans a bit more heavily on his staff*

Loretta: [1d10+12] => [8,12] = (20)

Ayros: *mutters under his breath as he sees the hypnosis not working on her* "I hate slayers..."

Loretta: "You assume i don't do this all the time on purpose." *thinks he needs to stop being so arrogant, so goes for a groin shot* (if successful, sweep kick, then kick him again while he's down) [1d10] => [9] = (9) [9+7+6-4] => 18 for the first kick [9+7+6-3] => 19 for the second, [9+7+6-5] => 17 for the third; 2x(strength+1) bash for damage on each, so [18*3] => 54 total

Ayros: *emits a high-pitched squeal before he goes down* "If you kill me, she will still stay! You need me to dispel her!"

Loretta: "Dispel her now, and i'll stop toying with you." (he can probably tell she's feeling better and all but forgotten her previous worries!)

Ayros: "I... I cannot, not from here! I must find her to dispel her!" *he is barely holding on to life, choking and coughing up blood*

Loretta: *hands on her hips, annoyed* "Well how do we find her?"

Ayros: "...Night.... when she hunts... I can sense her..."

Loretta: "It's night. Sense away. The faster you do it, the faster i put you out of our misery."

Ayros: *glares at her* "You... try looking for... food... when you are coughing ... up blood and...your balls are lodged.... in your throat.."

Loretta: *smiles* "Consider it a victory for women's rights."

Ayros: *somehow makes a motion to give the impression that he may be beaten, but he is still prim and proper* "Kill me, or promise to let me go freely after I dispel her."

Loretta: "I'll kill you quick, and way more painlessly than you deserve. Have my word."

Ayros: "No! Let me go, freely, do not kill me, and I will send her back to her own dimension. Or just kill me now and try to take care of her own your own. You won't be able to."

Loretta: "That wasn't the deal i proposed. You want to die painlessly, you'll dispel her now. All other roads lead to suffering."

Ayros: *narrows his eyes* "It is a good thing you do not have friends, because they would not stay your friends long if you decide to step down the path needed to torture me."

Loretta: *shrugs* "I'm young; i could go either way." (probably honestly can tell she's bluffing)

Ayros: "Do your worst, for it cannot compare to the hell my little pet will bring down upon this community, and the next one after that, and so on."

Loretta: *grabs him by his nasty goat junk and applies just the smallest amount of pressure* "Don't tell me you're underestimating my hatred for murderers."

Ayros: *high pitched falsetto* "OOOO!!! NOOOO!! Not I!"
OOC:
Those who are in the bookstore can hear this high pitched scream, coming from around a block or so away.

Loretta: *lets go* "So you want more? Or you gonna be reasonable and die quietly like a good demon?"

Ayros: *shakes his head* "I... if you want me to dispel her, I have to be able to stand on my own two feet. In other words, I need healing, and since you are a slayer with no friends, it will take me a good week to get my body strong enough to handle the spell needed. unless you are feeling magnanimous at the moment and offer up your heart in exchange for mine."

Loretta: *snorts a laugh and pulls him up by his hair, then pushes him against the wall of the nearest building* "I think you're bluffing. Now do your thing--if you can talk that much, you can get on with it."

Ayros: *starts coughing up blood again as Loretta wrenches him upright* "...ribs....lungs....pierced....kill me.... no... more.....torture..."

Loretta: "Just do it then. Spell away." (obviously frustrated)

Ayros: "...acr....acra.....acraph....can....not...say..." *looks rather sad, pathetic, and weak*

Loretta: *lowers him slowly back to the ground, so he can sit and lean against the building instead*

Ayros: *gurgling breaths as he tries to breath* "Need.... healing...please..."

Loretta: *sighs and pulls out her phone to call Trent*
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:14 pm

[Trent] *pulls the phone out of a pocket when it rings, already getting up* "It's Loretta." *answers, walking to the door* "Yeah?"

[Loretta] "Hey. Trent. Uh...is Kit still there?"

[Trent] "Yeah..."

[Loretta] "Ask her if she can heal?"

[Trent] *stops and turns back to the women, worry on his face* "Kit, she wants to know if you can heal."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Lexi » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:21 pm

[Kitriana]

Kit looks up again, "No, magic can't heal. Why, what's the problem? Doesn't have anything to do with that scream, does it?"
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:01 pm
Favorite System: oWoD/NWoD

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:29 pm

[Trent] leaves the shop in a hurry, still on the phone with Loretta, but not pausing to see Kit's question answered or to ask if the ladies are coming, "Lorrie...are you ok? What happened?" He follows her scent in the direction she left in.

[Loretta] "I...maybe screwed up. I found the demon and started beating up on him, but now he says he could have stopped the cow if he wasn't laying here bleeding and dieing."

[Trent] *sighs in relief, in spite of himself* "Ok, i'm on my way; he's probably lieing, but we'll work this out together, ok?" *tries to hide the terror in his voice at the thought of Loretta being alone somewhere with the cow-controlling demon of doom* "Just...stay right there, ok?"

[Loretta] "Yeah, sure; i didn't have plans tonight..."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Lexi » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:32 pm

[Kitriana]

Kit drops the book on the table and follows after Trent rather quickly, her skirts flowing away as she walks as briskly as possible. "The hell is going on, Trent?"
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:01 pm
Favorite System: oWoD/NWoD

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:52 pm

[Trent]

"Not completely sure," he answers over his shoulder, without breaking his stride, "But sounds like she's negotiating with a demon. Fortunately, they smell close."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:41 am

[Allison]
She grabs her bag and things and heads straight after Trent "Why does she need healing, is she hurt??"
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:27 am

[Trent]

*back to Allison* "Not yet..."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:52 pm

Trent finds Loretta and the demon pretty easily by scent, so Kit, Allison, and he come up to her in an alley, standing over a rather battered looking horned demon guy

** Allison comes to a halt and gives the demon thing a rather disgusted look **
Allison: "What's that thing..."
Kitriana: "My guess is Ayros."
** Kitriana stops right behind Allison, looking no worse for the run **
Loretta: *not taking her eyes off him* "Oh, hey guys. Um, yeah, it's all beat up, but says it can stop the cow. Claims he's too hurt though to do the spell thing."
Trent: *looks over the scene silently*
Ayros: *has his back up against a building wall, bleeding, gurgling blood as he breathes, and is floating in and out of consciousness*
Trent: "Well...did he say what he needs to stop it?"
Loretta: "Not really; just complained that i hit him too hard so he's too weak now."
** Allison frowns at the thing **
Loretta: "I think he's bullshitting me, cause he sure had no problems talking!"
** Kitriana walks over and slides down, sitting on her knees net to him, reading his aura "He said it was a spell?" **
Loretta: "I guess? Maybe not. I don't know, i was busy beating him up!"
Loretta: "He was trying to say words."
Allison: "Sounds... reasonable..."
Trent: "Any ideas, Kit?"
Ayros: *opens an eye* "Summoning.. spell... that is what brings... her."
Kitriana: "What is the spell?"
Allison: "Guess deoderant isn't real big with demons either..."
GM: Kitriana, the demon is what he is, a demon, and has some magic still tied to him
GM: Feelings wise, he is in a large amount of pain, there is fear, and also derision being felt.
Ayros: "You want to know?....Heal me...let me live...will explain....or kill me....and...take care of her...on your own..."
Kitriana: "You should know as well as I that I couldn't heal you if I wanted to."
Allison: "And you promise you won't try to stab us to death or do god knows what in the meantime?.. Even if you did... your promise doesn't exactly mean much..."
Trent: "Negotiating with a demon is a very had idea."
Loretta: "I already told him he's gonna die anyway; he can just lay here and bleed slow, or he can tell us what we want and i'll finish him off quick. He's the one being all dramatic about it."
Ayros: "I just... live. I don't... kill with... my own hands..."
Trent: *gives Loretta a concerned look, but doesn't seem to have a better solution anyway*
Allison: "Oh yeah, you think killing poor women by means of evil cows doesn't count?"
Kitriana: "That makes it any better? I could kill you with one thought right now, speak up, and maybe I'll ask them to treat your wounds for a fair fight."
Loretta: "Yeah, you'll just get another pet, you scumbag." *kicks him lightly*
Ayros: "If all you...do is....blubber, woman...kill me...now."
Trent: "Give us more to go on, and we can make a more informed decision about what to do with you--you do have to admit that you're not exactly in a position to make any demands or have any expectations that you'll get to live."
Allison: "For all your talk of killing you... You seem quite eager to stay alive..."
Ayros: *notions with his head at Loretta* "Told her... she said she...didn't have friends.... didn't expect to....explain twice.."
Kitriana: "Most demons enjoy this world as much as we. A shame they have to do so much harm to it in the process."
Loretta: "All he said was he could do it, but he couldn't do it, and blahblahblah. He didn't say anything useful."
Allison: "Thinks pretty highly of himself then...."
Allison: "For all we know the cow leaves on it's own without a master..."
Loretta: "And i'm loosing my patience!" *bends down and grabs him by the balls again* "He knows our deal! Talk or more pain!"
Trent: *jaw drops in surprise*
Allison: "Ewww, Loretta.... God knows what kind of diseases that thing has...especially down there..."
Ayros: "I think... I am starting... to enjoy your... ministrations... young, friendless slayer..." *inside, he is mentally screaming in pain, Kit can see that through his aura*
Trent: *finally comes to his senses and steps forward, grabbing Loretta by the shoulder to pull her back*
Trent: "What are you doing?"
Loretta: "How else are we gonna make him talk!?"
Trent: "Seems obvious he's not going to." *turns his attention to the demon* "Is that right?"
** Kitriana didn't seem bothered by Loretta's outburst. Instead, after Trent pulls her away, she reaches out with telekinesis and grabs his head. "Are you going to tell us anything, or should I snap your neck now?" **
Ayros: "Let me heal... I will send her... back to her... dimension... and...let me go... I will leave this...continent..."
Loretta: "Hell no! We don't herd demons out of town, we kill them!"
Kitriana: "Strangely, I'm not usually in the habit of believing demons."
Ayros: *laughs and blood spittle is sprayed* "...you want to....deal with her on... your own...kill me..."
Allison: "And where would we keep you? Some nice demon hospital around?..."
Trent: "Yeah, you'll have to excuse our reluctance to accomodate murderers."
Ayros: "..my hands...clean...I kill noone..."
Kitriana: "Setting the killer loose doesn't absolve you of the crime."
Allison: "Yeah... You murderers always have some way to make it alright, make it not your fault don't you?"
Trent: "I would believe that if you hadn't already admitted to using the cow--even if it's just an animal, you are still responsible for--wait, why am i lecturing a demon?"
Ayros: "...you kill...how many cows...daily..? she...is revenge..."
Loretta: "This is going nowhere. Can i kill it now?"
** Kitriana tightens the grip with TK, "Are you done being self righteous?" **
Trent: "Kit, what's the liklihood that we still need him? Can we do a summoning on our own?"
** Allison scowls **
Kitriana: "If I knew the spell, it's possible."
Ayros: *laughs again* "...have you..." *in a higher voice now as he struggles to breathe* "..killed...her...yet..?"
Allison: "What are you, PETA?... Honestly... Worried about the cows across the world are you? There's no justifcation for murder.. Even if you did believe in something.. which i find highly unlikely anyway.."
Loretta: "Does it matter? You're not helping us anyway."
Ayros: "Demons...to...humans...as...humans...to cows...."
GM: (you have the summoning, but not the spell to send the cow back)
Trent: "Alright guys, i vote we kill this thing, then go do some research and get the cow. He's not cooperating, so if we fail, we're no worse off."
Ayros: "India...cows hold...human...souls..."
** Kitriana nods at Trent, and then snaps his neck. [1d10+10] => [10,10] = (20) **
GM: That'll do it. With a loud crack, the demon's head is now turned at an odd angle and he stops moving.
** Allison sighs and frowns **
Allison: "These don't... disappear?..."
** Kitriana stands up and wipes off her skirt **
Kitriana: "Most don't."
Kitriana: "The summoning ritual was in the book I was reading, perhaps we can find the other ritual."
Trent: *turns to Loretta* "We're going to have a very long talk about this. But not before we hit the books. For gods' sakes, go wash your hands, and meet us back at the bookstore." *back to Allison* "Just leave it. Once your guys find it, they'll hide the evidence. No one will want this out."
Kitriana: "I can burn the body, if it helps."
** Kitriana shrugs **
Trent: "It couldn't hurt, Kit."
GM: Kit... roll me a perception roll
Allison: "Well... There was nothing else to it really.... Could hardly arrest him.... Couldn't let him go... being a murderer... and i sure as hell wasn't going to nurse him back to my own home where my family lives...."
Allison: "Shouldn't we like... search him?"
Loretta: *rolls her eyes at Trent and stomps off*
Kitriana: [1d10+9] => [9,9] = (18)
GM: Each time you speak of the spell, there is an instantaneous surge of sympathetic magic that courses through the demon's staff
** Kitriana frowns, and reaches down, picking up the staff, handling it gently as she looks it over **
GM: Other than that, the staff is just a staff. Looks like an old, beaten piece of drift wood.
Allison: "Souvenir?..."
Kitriana: "It has something to do with the ritual. Keep talking of it."
** Kitriana slides back down and starts searching the demon **
Trent: *watches Kit, but speaks to Allison* "Tonight you get to be Good Cop--Loretta needs lecturing, but i'm concerned about how that whole thing made her feel too. She could be going a dangerous place if we're not careful."
** Allison nods slowly **
GM: There really isn't anything of interest on the demon... a few human teeth in a pocket and a bottle of Fuji water is about all there is.
Allison: "Do you want me to talk to her alone? or together?.."
Trent: "Alone; let's not mob her."
Kitriana: "Research first, let her be for the moment. I may need help if we find the spell."
** Kitriana stands up, "We might want to stand back." **
Allison: "Yeah.. Especially since i think she already feels we're kind of... parenting her... in a bad way.."
Trent: *nods and steps back*
Kitriana: "Actually, is there a dumpster? Let's not set anything else on fire."
GM: It's an alleyway
Trent: "Probably.." *looks around* "There."
Kitriana: "Put him in, I can't reliably do it myself."
** Allison nudges Trent **
Allison: "That's you dear!"
Trent: "Yeah, that's an obvious..." *looks at the body for a moment, determining the least-messy way of going about it; grabs the body by its cloak, kind of turning it to cover the bloodier bits, and drags it over to the dumpster, then lifting and tossing with a single motion* "You gonna light up the whole thing?"
Kitriana: "Just him. No need to burn down any buildings."
Allison: "Yeah.. let's try to avoid that..."
Trent: "Well i meant the dumpster; you need some gas or something? Or you have your own special methods?"
** Kitriana walks over, and ignites the clothes of the demon with a simple spell. "No need. Ignis Incende!" **
Trent: "That's pretty sweet. Now let's make ourselves un-suspicious." *leaves alley casually before more stuff catches with the body*
** Kitriana nods and follows behind Trent **
GM: (since noone checked the dumpster first...) *a naked college kid, party to some sort of hazing prank, screams out as a body, which he thought was another sucker like him, bursts into flame above him*
Kitriana: "Oh bother..."
** Allison let's out a yelp and runs over to the dumpster as fast as she can to help the young man out **
Trent: "I think he's fine just sc--oh, dammit." *follows Allison to help her help him*
GM: The kid's definitly in shock
Trent: "Dude. You're fine. But you saw nothing, k? We're just getting rid of some halloween decorations. Pre-halloween. You know how it goes."
GM: "No more hazing...am I in yet? This was supposed to be a smaller campus, no hazing!" *starts yelling about the perils of hazing and all the crap he had to go through*
Trent: "Yes, hazing is bad. You should file a complaint with the dean."
** Kitriana chuckles quietly. "I remember my first time through college." **
GM: Allison, the kid does have some 1st-2nd degree burns
GM: Trent, you can smell how he had started to burn
Trent: "How about you girls go on to the bookstore, and i'll make sure this guy gets to the hospital."
** Allison frowns at the burns **
Allison: "We should drop him off at the hospital.. After maybe.. finding something for him to wear.."
Kitriana: "As much as I hate to use so much magic at once...I can do that too, though it won't be real. It'll fade in a few hours."
Trent: *takes off his shirt (he's wearing an undershirt, so don't get too excited ladies!)* "Problem solved."
GM: "Thanks man..." *as he puts it on*
** Allison kisses Trent's cheek and puts her carkeys in his hand **
Allison: "We'll see you in a bit then..."
Trent: *thinks he looses a lot of shirts, but that's the price of being a hero; smiles at Allison* "Yeah, we'll do this quick."
** Kitriana nods, "Let's go see if we can't get rid of a cow." **
Trent: *once in the car* "Sorry again about throwing burning trash on your head--it would really make my life easier if you didn't mention that part to anyone though. Not like i could have known there'd be a dude in there..."
GM: "It was not on my to do list when i woke this morning, don't sweat it. But that frat.. those bastards are going to pay.."
Trent: "I fully support that decision. I would suggest going through the proper channels though; you know, be smart about it rather than retaliating out of anger. That might just cause you more problems."
GM: "Yeah... sure.."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:17 am

[Loretta]

As she leaves the group, Loretta walks vaguely toward the bookstore--she fully intended to help finish the research, but she needed a moment to herself after everything that transpired. She turns a corner as her phone announces an incoming message, and she briefly considers not checking it. She takes a deep breath though, and looks at it: it's a pic from Peter. Irrational thoughts of all types flood through her mind, but mostly, there's a falling sensation that is all too similar to the way she felt when he was attacked by the smoke demon. The difference is that this time, there's nothing around to stab with a big knife to make her feel better. She leans against a cold, brick wall for a moment, choking back a spasm in her throat. She briefly considers sending an angry reply; something like, "thanks for the warning" or "you could have called." But instead, almost without realizing what she's doing, she wipes away the tears and dried blood from her face with the back of her hand and sweeps her hair to the side in such a manner as to hide the blood-encrusted parts. She forces a smile, takes a picture of herself, and sends it back. From there, she slides down the wall to a sitting position, and has a good cry.
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:15 pm

[Allison] *Leaves Trent with the naked boy, and heads towards the store with Kit, though when it's obvious Loretta isn't there she stops* "You go on and get started, I'm just gonna look around and see if i can find Loretta nearby by any chance; Starts wandering through the streets between the bookstore and the place the demon was to see if there's any signs of her*

[Loretta] *isn't far from the bookstore, sitting against another building, crying with her face down in her arms*

[Allison] *Stops in her tracks when spotting Loretta and letting out a gentle sigh, all thoughts of a 'telling off' fading as she walks over and sits down next to her, and putting an arm gently around her without saying something*

[Loretta] *gets quiet, abruptly, peeking to see who it is; sniffs in the awkward silence, afraid to move or say anything*

[Allison] *Digs into her bag briefly to hand Loretta a handkerchief, though it might not do much against all the dirt and such* "It's alright to be sad and cry you know.. Nobody thinks any less of you"

[Loretta] *looks at the handkerchief curiously for a minute, then shakes her head* "I'm still all bloody and stuff." *then wipes her face with her hands again, further smearing it and revealing briefly that her headwound is almost completely healed already* "I'm not crying; all done with that."

[Allison] *Nods slowly, giving her a gentle hug* "Do you want to do something then? We could go get you cleaned up and do something, just you and me, no boys. But only if you 'really' feel like it. Not to humor me.."

[Loretta] "We have to find a way to kill the cow."

[Allison] *Nods slowly* "You're right, that is most important... But i don't think you and me being late an hour will change much, so why don't we go by home real quick, and get you cleaned up. Then we could agree to do something together after we've taken care of this hamburger on legs?"

[Loretta] *shakes her head and starts getting up* "No, we have to do this now; it could kill again in an hour."

[Allison] *Frowns* "Are you sure? Then you're right, we'll go back to the bookstore then, but at least let me get rid of this blood as much as i can. That bookstore guy didn't look very easygoing about..... anything.. He might not like you comming in all bloody."

[Loretta] "It's not that bad." *wipes her face on her arm again* "See? He hardly gives us a passing glance anymore when we come in anyway."

[Allison] *Sighs softly, nodding at Loretta* "Alright you win, let's get going, do you remember the quickest way back?" *Makes a mental note to store certain items in her car from now on*

[Loretta] "Yup, this way." *takes her back behind the building, and across the street* "You get lost often?"

[Allison] "Well.. Not so much in Serenity, but in other cities i have been known to get turned around.."
59:05

[Loretta] "I remember everything i see." *turns another corner, bringing them back to the bookstore* "See?"

[Allison] "Well you're a very gifted young woman, I'm not surprised you have a good memory"

[Loretta] *looks at her oddly* "I always thought of it more like a parlor trick."

[Allison] "Maybe.. But i don't think so, I think you have a great deal of potential you haven't realized yet. You could probably be anything you wanted to. Is there ever anything you wanted to be before slayer?"

[Loretta] *looks at Allison like she just gave birth to an alien, out her nose*

[Allison] *Can't help but check her own appearance for blood or smudges too* "What?..."

[Loretta] "Nothing, you just said something insane."

[Allison] "Like what?.."

[Loretta] "Nevermind."

[Allison] *Frowns but follows Loretta back into the shop*
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Lexi » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:19 pm

[Kitriana]

Kit looks up from the book she'd picked up again, when she sees the other two come back in. "I'm back here."

She turns the book a few different ways and keeps reading through it. "I've still got the spell to summon the cow, but I can't find the one to get rid of it. Not yet, anyway."
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:01 pm
Favorite System: oWoD/NWoD

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:22 pm

[Trent]

Trent drives the guy to the hospital, as promised. He feels guilty for his part in further injuring him, but is secretly glad that he seems to have been previously traumatized and doesn't ask any questions about what he was doing in the alley or what he threw in the dumpster with him. Trent drops his passenger off at the emergency entrance, and wishes him a speedy recovery before returning to the bookstore.
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:39 pm

[Loretta]

Loretta walks back to where Kit is doing her thing, and picks up a few books to look through too, "Well, we're half there then...that's something."

Research ([1d10+4]=13)
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by verdilak » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:10 pm

Kit and Loretta, you two come across an illegal copy of a Watcher's Journal detailing a similar case, though it was in the 14th century and in Paris. An item that was used in the summoning of the demon cow was turned against the creature, sending it back to it's home dimension.

Kitriana, from your knowledge of the summoning spell, an object is used like a lightning rod, something tall and thin, to direct where the demon enters our world at.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
User avatar
verdilak
l33t
l33t
 
Posts: 8739
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 am
Location: twitter.com/rpgaming
Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Lexi » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:15 pm

[Kitriana]

"So that's what the staff is for...now to just figure out how to use it against the cow." Kitriana continues looking through the journal and any other relevant books, trying to find some sort of clue.

Occultism (1d10+12=14)
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:01 pm
Favorite System: oWoD/NWoD

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:16 pm

[Trent]

Trent returns, glad to see that all three women are present and accounted for, if a bit dirty and disheveled.
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by verdilak » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:14 am

Kitriana, nothing stands out on how to use the staff against the creature.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
User avatar
verdilak
l33t
l33t
 
Posts: 8739
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 am
Location: twitter.com/rpgaming
Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:44 am

[Trent] *takes a chair out of direct line of sight of the two that are heavily into research mode, and gently pulls Allison over to sit on his lap, talking very quietly* "So...Loretta's here. I take it you haven't talked yet?"

[Allison]
*Squirms around on his lap for a moment, before settling in against him* "No.... I didn't have the heard... She was crying.. I think despite everything, peter's departure really hurt her.... I couldn't bring myself to put more onto her shoulders... We can talk to her about that later on.."

[Trent] "Hmm..."
[Trent] "Well i guess that was to be expected."

[Allison]
"Yeah.. Even though i think it might be good for them to be apart... Should've seen that it'd hurt her... I think she's going through a rough time.... And i think she kind of hates anyone knowing that she can be vulnerable too... that she ever cries..."

[Trent] *nods* "Hey, that much of it i can understand. But the fact remains: she was hurting that guy so he would talk. That sounds suspiciously like torture to me. And i don't think she sees much of a difference between demons and humans. It just worries me that she could be going a bad place without realizing it. She's still young enough to be impressionable and all that."

[Allison]
"I know... it worries me too... But you have to remember she's not a normal teenage girl... We'd have a really hard time locking her up in her room. And no TV or computer games isn't going to impress her either... I fear timing is important.... If she's already feeling miserable... and we try to force her... or if she feels trapped... I'm scared she'll pull away completely... and things
would only get worse..."

[Trent] "You're right. That is what she does. I don't know what i could do to help her anyway, but i just feel like it should be something. You know? I guess not getting on her case might be it for now."

[Allison]
"It's the hardest thing to do... But i think for now... the only thing we can do is be there for her... and help her. Support her as best we can. Anything else could backfire in bad ways. And i do believe she's a good girl at heart."

[Trent] *rests his head on her shoulder* "This would be a lot harder if you weren't here to stop me before i screwed things up." *smiles*

[Allison]
*Smirks and gives him a long kiss* "Well i'm glad i'm apreciated.... But you do alright on your own."

[Trent] "Sometimes the most subtle things become the most important--especially when women are involved. And it looks as though, for now at least, i am severely outnumbered!"
*feigns a look of terror*

[Allison]
*smirks and strokes his hair* "Yes... I might have to be careful, in case one of them tries to steal you away!"

[Trent] "Yes, well, apparently girls can't keep their hands off me." *grins*
"Or maybe that's just naughty cop girls...hmm... "

[Allison]
*Leans back against him suggestively and using the distraction to put one of her legs between his and giving him an evil grin* "Is that really a joke you want to make with you sitting where you're sitting and me sitting where i'm sitting?..."

[Trent] *gulps* "No ma'am."

[Allison] *Chuckles and kisses his cheek* "Good answer!"

[Trent] "I'm a fast learner..."
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:01 am

[Loretta]

Loretta slams a book shut, "Alright, we can summon it, right? And killing it has something to do with the staff? Well wouldn't it be faster to just make it show up, smack it with the staff, and if that doesn't help, we'll just send it away again and try something else later? At the very least, it'll distract it for awhile if it was on the hunt again, so if we fail, we're still doing something right."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Lexi » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:31 pm

[Kitriana]

"While I don't usually condone such direct methods when dealing with magic...perhaps this time it's all we can do. I can't seem to find anything either." She closes the book she had open, and then pulls the other back off the stack to study the summoning ritual.
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:01 pm
Favorite System: oWoD/NWoD

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:10 pm

[Trent]

"Wait...does the ritual summon this cow in particular, or any random cow? Would we be bringing the one in town to us, or would we be potentially attracting an additional monster?"
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by verdilak » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:19 am

Kit, the summoning spell, actually, is more akin to what Trent says. It is to summon the demon from it's home dimension to this one. Unless youa re wanting two of them to deal with, it would be best to just search for the demon yourselves... it is hungry and it will do all that it can to eat.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
User avatar
verdilak
l33t
l33t
 
Posts: 8739
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 am
Location: twitter.com/rpgaming
Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:25 pm

[Allison]
*Frowns, running a hand through her hair*
"Yeah... We'd definitely want to avoid that, one murderous cow is more then bad enough. Isn't there some way to trap it? It worked on that sand demon, and that would give us plenty of time to figure out how to get rid of it more permanently."
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:16 pm

[Loretta]

By now, Loretta is pacing the bookstore, "Well, can we go look for it now? Maybe the staff's just a weapon and we're over-thinking it. Can i try bashing it with the staff? If it doesn't work, we'll just have to look for it again, and maybe know something else by then anyway."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Lexi » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:20 pm

[Kitriana]

"The staff is not a weapon. Perhaps if I had more time, I could come up with a spell specifically to capture it." Kitriana slams the book closed with a frustrated look on her face, which quickly returns to its tranquil state when she realizes what she's done. She stands up and shakes her head, "At the very least, we can stop it tonight."
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:01 pm
Favorite System: oWoD/NWoD

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:31 pm

[Loretta]

"Hmph. How do you know it's not a weapon? It could be. Staffs are a type of weapon."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Lexi » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:39 pm

[Kitriana]

"Because it's connected in some way to the summoning ritual, and probably the unsummoning ritual as well. I wish I knew how."

Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:01 pm
Favorite System: oWoD/NWoD

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:43 pm

[Loretta]

"So maybe it's a magic cow killing and/or banishing stick."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:09 pm

[Allison]
"It seems like a gamble, but I think we've reached the point we should make a decision. Should we go out and look for this cow and give it a try? Or stay here in the hope something will pop up..."
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:42 pm

[Loretta]

Loretta heads decisively for the door.
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:43 pm

[Trent]

Trent shrugs, indicating he's willing to follow the crazy girl's lead, but waits for Allison to get up first.
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Lexi » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:54 pm

[Kitriana]

Kit sighs, and gets up, following behind Loretta, skirts flowing away as she glides out.
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:01 pm
Favorite System: oWoD/NWoD

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:04 pm

[Allison]
Allison grabs her bag and after hesitating a moment, she puts 20$ on the owner's desk, they have been spending a lot of time here without buying something after all, before following the others.
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Day 12, Friday September 13th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:48 pm

[Loretta] *turns a corner, heading nowhere in particular, but knowing the cow wasn't going to bring itself to the bookstore for them. She stops in her tracks as, what but the cow itself, should conveniently cross the street ahead of them*

[Trent] "That was oddly fast..."

[Allison] "Maybe it's drawn to the staff?... or to that dead demon..."

[Loretta] *turns and grabs the big stick from Kit's hand and runs at it, swinging as though its head were a ball she intended to hit out of the park--upon contact though, the cow goes *Poof!* and disappears, sending Loretta sprawling to her ass from the momentum of the swing.

[Trent] "...and...easy."

[Allison] *Looks around suspiciously* "Where did it go?"

[Loretta] "Owww..." *gets up quickly, hoping no one saw that part*

[Trent] *holds back a snicker, seeing she's ok* "Well...maybe that was enough to send it back. Weird, but i'm not going to argue if it was."

[Allison] "I suppose..." *Still keeps an eye open on the surroundings, suspicious of cow trickery*

[Loretta] *hands the stick back to Kit, noting her disapproving look and responding with a smug one* "Weapon."

[Trent] "We'll know soon enough if it returns, i'm sure. It's morning though. Were you working today, Allison?"

[Allison] *Let's out a yawn as she realizes she is rather tired and shakes her head* "No.. Today's off..."

[Trent] "Good; i suggest everyone who can, go ahead and get some sleep in case this isn't over. Loretta, why don't you come back to Allison's? A well-rested Slayer is a deadly Slayer, afterall."

[Loretta] *shrugs* "I guess."

[Trent] *looks to Allison to be sure that's ok, though he's pretty sure it was*

[Allison] *Wraps an arm around Trent's waist as she yawns again* "that doesn't just go for slayers though..."

[Trent] *quietly to Allison* "Well if that's an invitation, you should know by now that i'm not going to say no..."

[Allison] *Grins and kisses his cheek* "Good, for obvious reasons, and also because i'm not sure i could drive home myself with how sleepy eyed i am"

[Loretta] *makes a face* "Maybe i'll sleep in the car..."

[Allison] *Smirks slightly* "If that makes you feel better.... It's your choice..."

[Trent] *smirks and ruffles Loretta's hair* "It's a big house. Besides, you're in desperate need of a shower, girlie."

[Loretta] *self-consciously picks at the dried blood in her hair* "It's been worse..."

[Allison] *Grins a little* "But it's been better too dear.. "

[Loretta] "Fine..."

[Trent] "See ya around Kit." *gets in the car and starts it up, then drives the girls home to Allison's*
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3878
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Previous

Return to Serendipity

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron