Free Open Source Graphics Workshops - Lawrenceville, NJ

Have a computer problem? Want to show off your rig? Lets hear it!

Moderators: hippie_mama, verdilak

Free Open Source Graphics Workshops - Lawrenceville, NJ

PostPosted by verdilak » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:06 am

Upcoming Free Graphics Workshop Series in Central New Jersey

For 6 evenings in October, November, and December of 2009, BYOL (Bring Your Own Laptop) workshops will be offered in Central New Jersey (Rider University).

This is being done in order to provide learning opportunities with free graphics software. After reading this introduction, please register (for free) here to let us know you are coming.

Note that all workshops and software are FREE and that while laptops are highly suggested, they are not essential to participate.

Also, you can visit any or all of the workshops without missing anything. We will focus on a different project each time.

Who:
Everyone is welcome — students, teachers, homeschoolers, graphics enthusiasts, artists, designers, and anyone else who wants to learn something new. No previous knowledge of these tools is necessary.

What:
This is a free series of hands-on events to promote awareness about free graphics software, such as the the GNU Image Manipulation Program, which is a free, powerful alternative to Adobe PhotoShop. There is also Inkscape, a free, sophisticated illustration program similar in functionality to Adobe Illustrator. Other software will be discussed and demonstrated as necessary.

Where:
Memorial 310 at Rider University, Lawrenceville, NJ, 08648

October 13th, GIMP layers, brushes, and effects — focus: posters
November 3rd, Inkscape paths, tracing, and effects — focus: logo
November 10th, GIMP layers, brushes, and effects — focus: advertisements
November 24th, Inkscape paths, tracing, and effects — focus: avatar
December 1st, GIMP layers, brushes, and effects — focus: web page
December 8th, Inkscape paths, tracing, and effects — focus: internet memes

http://osgw.wordpress.com/
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Return to Computers!