Day 11, Thursday September 12th

Moderators: verdilak, hippie_mama

Day 11, Thursday September 12th

PostPosted by Pyriel » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:30 am

[Peter]

Peter woke up after his sleep . He remembered the previous day-he needed to get some sleep if he wanted to both research and work and patrol, and he went for it after telling his friends. He wondered what that thing was- and how it could be killed if needed. Probably a ritual like the one Jenson did in that Afrit.

He woke up and did his stretching/bathing/dressing routine. He thought about stuff, and realised he was kinda worried about Loretta- she had told him that if the 'benefits' part didnt end up feeling natural, they'd stop. She seemed to like it actually, just... it just felt weird after not seeing her alone for 2 days. He got to his card phone -at last somebody else had too- and sent her a message:
"Hey Lorrie. I was thinking about the night before-we talked seriously, with no drama, we had some fun too until these hunters...I hope you liked it too. You were right, this is how it should be...And what i want to say is... I missed you." He hesitated a bit, and then sent it.

He went through work rather hastily, looking forward to research that demonic cow-thing. He waited until he was finished, then got home to have his lunch-after that, he gets ready to head for the Magic shop.
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Day 11, Thursday September 12th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:07 am

[Loretta]

Loretta wakes in a random alley to the sound of her phone alerting her of a message; she sits up, finds it in a pocket, and sends a text message back to Peter:

lol been 8 hours? jk
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

PostPosted by Pyriel » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:18 pm

[Peter] *awaits in the occult bookstore, thinking of various stuff about this scary place*
[Trent] *arrives with Allison, having no special feelings for the place*
[Allison] *Would have let Trent drive again, and puts an arm around him when arriving* "Never really been to this bookstore.. Don't think i ever heard about it..."
[Trent] "It's of the more "eccentric" variety."
[Allison] *grins slightly* "Get all your naughty magazines here huh?"
[Trent] "Not exactly... Anyone talk to Loretta today?"
[Peter] "well, Allison, the guy inside has magic books and collects scrotums, so..."
"why? what happened? is she ...alright?"
[Trent] "As far as i know; just haven't seen her since last night."
[Allison] "Me neither... But she knows she's welcome... And to call us if she has trouble..."
[Trent] "I was just curious; she didn't say then if she wanted to come or not."
[Peter] "well, if she was with me, you'd smell it or something, so you know thats not the case... but even if she was, it'd be a 'friend' thing, like i told you before; she decided it so, and i saw yesterday its calmer and better..."
[Trent] "I...wasn't accusing you of anything."
[Peter] "no, dont worry man" *smiles* "just *I* am worried too.."
[Trent] *gives Allison a look, then talks to no one in particular* "Well let's do this thing then."
[Peter] "Allison, did she say anything about where she'd go? the park, maybe?" *shrugs, getting inside as he listens to her*
[Allison] "Not to me no..." *Sighs and follows inside, taking a random book off a shelf to flip through it* "What kinda langauge is this, demonspeak?"
[Pete] "duh; most of it are just Latin. i can read Latin actually..."
[Allison] *Puts the book back and starts looking for an english one* "So what are we looking for?"
[Trent] *quietly to Allison* "It's not really a 'duh,' but you know him..."
[Peter] "i dont know... killer cows from hell? i'd actually check for any posession stuff first, then cow look-alikes if *htat* fails."
"not sure though..."
[Allison] "At least he didn't start with the blonde jokes..." *Picks another book off a shelf and frowns* "I wonder who decided slime demons needed illustration..."
[Trent] *chuckles* "I don't think Pete knows any jokes..."
[Peter] *laughs slightly* "come on, Allison, *i* invited you here, stating that i consider you a friend..." *to trent* "and... hey!"
*smiles and keeps searching*
[Allison] "Most of my friends tried to make a blonde joke.... once..."
[Peter] *greets the shop keeper, reminding Allison and Trent the rules*"we never shook hands in our introduction by the way, allison; glad to meet you like that at last." *offers his handshake*
"i mean, i was kinda skinless when we met..."
[Allison] *Nods and shakes his hand with her right, while holding the book with another* "This thing is freaky.... it's like a floating eyeball..."
[Trent] *distracted by scanning book titles on spines* "That book you guys used to figure out the Afrit had a pretty extensive list, didn't it? How about you start with that one, and we'll kind of wander around and see if anything stands out?"
[Peter] *chuckles* "you think you know how werid this place seems but ..." *hears Trent* "correct. On it."
[Allison] *Takes a few books that look interesting and seem to be in english and starts looking through them at a table*

bookish research, if Knowledge (1d10+4+5-1=17)
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:50 pm

[Loretta]

After the phone message, Loretta couldn't get back to sleep, so she decides to walk around some more. The streets were becoming so familiar that they were beginning to feel shorter. She found it easier to lose most of a day just walking around--this town was really starting to feel like home. And wasn't that the trouble with it? She had gotten pretty seriously attached to both Trent and Peter, and now Allison and even Eric were starting to grow on her. It was nice in a way, but awkward and uncomfortable in so many more. The guys were fighters, so their common interest had brought them together logically, but why Allison? She didn't have a reason to care about Loretta, but she really seemed to. Maybe it was some strange big sister/cop/good guy thing; whatever it was, Loretta didn't much like the idea of being someone's community service project.

She goes to work at the appropriate time, hoping no one notices that she's wearing the same clothes as yesterday.
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by Archon » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:01 am

[Gary]
*Picking up a newspaper Gary start looking in the classified as he scans the newspaper, the smells of coffee hit his nose* My God has it been that long? *folding up his newspaper, he follows his nose to the Barista and enters. Seeing the different people from mothers, overworked secretaries, policemen, and college students, he wonders if this was a good idea.*
"What the hell was i thinking" * He starts to leave, but figures one cup won't kill him. waits his turn in line scanning the menu the girls behind the counter asks him for his order, he looks to her and sees she has a purplish blue streak in her hair, looks about 16-17, almost too young to be working on a school night.*
"Cafe Mocha Double Strong, Double Sweet"
"Name?"
“Gary"
*she smiles slightly* “ Alright it will be ready in a couple of minutes”
*With he goes to a table and sits scanning the area around him, he turns his attention to the paper and looking for work until he coffee comes. The same young girl sets it down, and stands there as if waiting for something. Then it hits him he forgot to pay*
“ sorry” *he hands her a ten dollar bill* “ no change please”
*The girl looks at him but does not complain.*
“ Thanks”
*As she leaves Gary nods to her goes to drinking his coffee and looks at her every once in awhile wondering what it is about her that is different from the others here*
Archon
1st Level Peasant
1st Level Peasant

Favorite System: None

PostPosted by Lexi » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:26 am

[Kitriana]

No one had made mention of when exactly they'd be meeting, and she was sure she'd probably miss some of it, but she wanted to keep a closer eye on Peter, and what better way than to join in. The rest of them were rather nice, actually, though dangerous. She wondered if they knew just what that organization was fond of doing.

So she walked in, and looked about for the group, if she wasn't too late.
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight

Favorite System: oWoD/NWoD

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:33 am

[Trent]

Trent looks up from the shelf he was scanning with his eyes to see Kitriana in the doorway, "Hey girl; so far the strategy is to walk around in circles, and see if anything catches our eye, like so." He then demonstrates, trying to be funny.
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by Pyriel » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:44 am

[Peter]

*looks up at where Trent is talking* "oh hey Kit!" *waves* "glad you could join us...come on, its kind of an important search; we dont want that thing eating more guys...and if you could find some spell to get rid of it of course, it would be ideal...I'm not too familiar with this spell stuff, despite being able to see them, and frankly dont know who to turn to..." *shrugs*
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

PostPosted by Lexi » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:55 am

[Kitriana]

"Not everything can be solved with spells, but I'll do what I can."

She shrugs, and finds somewhere to start looking, not particularly looking for a specific spell, but to first find out what the creature is, her eyes occasionally glancing back at Peter as she scours through the various books and crannies.

Knowledge (1d10+11=16) or Occultism (1d10+12=21) as needed.
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:44 pm

[Loretta] *sees the guy looking again, so goes over to his table* "Did you need something?"

[Gary] *looks at her as he takes a drink of his coffee* "No. " *not really sure how to put what he is seeing into words* " Not to sound corny, but you seem out of place here."

[Loretta] *can't help but laugh* "Oh, you don't know the half of it..."

[Gary] "How so..? Sorry i am kinda new here."

[Loretta] "Oh...i just mean...who likes their job anyway, right?" *smiles* "It's ok though; easy work and a paycheck, can't go wrong there." *puts the order pad back in her pocket so she can shake his hand* "I'm Loretta."

[Gary] *takes her hand and shakes it " i'm Gary..

[Loretta] "Where are you from?"

[Gary] "Michigan, My doctor used to live here and told me it was a nice quiet town. Listen Loretta i know you don't know me from Adam...but would you happen to know where I can find work?"

[Loretta] *thinks* "Depends what you're looking for. I mean, we're always hiring here, but it's just minimum wage plus tips. Besides that, i don't really know. I don't have a lot of pull around here. Yet." *winks to show she's joking*

[Gary] *nods and takes another drink from his cup* " So what is there to do in this town? from what I have seen it seems to vary on the person" *looks around to make sure she isn't going to get into trouble*

[Loretta] "Well, unless you're into getting drunk on the beach, sleeping on a parkbench, or going to clubs, there's not much at all."

[Gary] "So it is safe to say that nothing really goes bump in the night?"

[Loretta] "Uh...no, i wouldn't say that. There's crime and...stuff."

[Gary] "And by stuff you mean?"

[Loretta] *voice gets lower* "Just...you know."

[Gary] *Nods* Things that can get you killed or worse i assume

[Loretta] "That's a nice, neutral way of putting it. Are you sure i can't get you anything else?"

[Gary] *nods* "Yes and thanks Loretta." *goes back to drinking his coffee, and wonders if he should check out the town more after dark*

[Loretta] "Alright, see ya around."
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by Pyriel » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:49 pm

[Peter]

Peter keeps researching, though at some point in a couple of hours-about 6/7 in the afternoon- he decides to send a quick message to Loretta. 'Heys. Meet at my place? :) maybe 10 o'clock?' He then goes back to research.
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:56 pm

[Gary ] *Takes his time drinking his coffee, and going through the help wanted ads, looks up and notices that it is getting toward dusk*

[Loretta] *comes over to clean the next table, just as Gary seems to be finishing his coffee* "You said you were new here; you want to go check out some places? I can get off in like 20 minutes if you don't mind waiting."

[Gary] " Sounds good"

[Loretta] *finishes what she was doing and clocks out about 20 minutes later*

[Gary] * waits until Loretta gets off work, watching the people come and go*

[Loretta] *hands him a muffin* "Well come on; where to first? There's a club that isn't too bad; drinks are cheap and the bands are usually decent. Or we could walk around and i can show you all the places i've killed people--just kidding!" *laughs, but isn't really kidding so much*

[Gary] *looks a bit taken back then half smiles when she mentions that she is kiddiing* " Either one will be fine, I guess knowing you surroundings would be a good idea" *realises she is still holding the muffin and takes it* "Thanks" *picks up his jacket leaving a tip on the table*

[Loretta] "We'll walk to the club then; it's pretty far, so we can do both."

[Gary] *Follows her out the door* " Ladies choice, you know more about this place than I do."

[Loretta] "Well, there's really not much to learn about it."

[Gary] *Looks around at the various people as they walk* " Well let's start off with what you do know and go from there."

[Loretta] "It's just your average coastal college town...so most everyplace is full of college kids and teachers." *points to a place* "That convenience store over there has really good corndogs, but don't try their breakfast burritos." *shudders slightly, then nods in another direction* "And that grocery store does double coupons on Tuesdays--i know, exciting stuff, right. Hmm..." *tries to think of something that isn't lame to talk about, but also isn't about demons*

[Gary ] *looks at the places that she motions to, makes a reference to pay heed to the Breakfast burrito, wondering if there is something wrong with the fixings, nodding watching* " So what do you like to do for fun?"

[Loretta] "Oh, i don't go out much. Too busy with work and...you know, school and stuff." *the word "school" being sort of mumbled* "What about you? What did you do in the last place you lived?"

[Gary] *looks over to her noticing how she changed the subject* " Well i used to do data entry until my parents were killed in an accident, wages weren't the greatest, but it paid the bills" *continues to scan the area, almost feeling as if something was not right*

[Loretta] "Sorry about your parents; seems like no one has any these days."

[Gary] *Nods* "It was quick from what I understand. Sometimes the fates deal you a lousy hand." *he pauses for a second* " What about you? Your Parents worried about you stayingout late?"

[Loretta] "No; i live alone." *thinks: well, at least usually*

[Gary] *Wonders how a 15 year old girl can live on her own is beyond him.* "Damn, i am sorry to hear that, So what happened? if you don't mind me asking that is"

[Loretta] *shrugs* "We just never got along."

[Gary] "Feels that akwardness and tries to change the subject* " So tell me about some of the bands that play at this club"

[Loretta] "Hmm...i've never really paid attention to the names or when they play or anything, just that supposedly it's a big venue for getting noticed, so we get guys from Portand and all over." *phone makes noise* "Sorry, might be important." *checks it and sees Peter's message; sends a message back: with someone; 'work'-related?

[Gary] *Waits until she is done on her phone nods sagely but is completely lost in what she is talking about, Not sure what to make of this young girl* " So besides bands, coffee shops, and other various things that may seem boring...what is there to do for excitement?"

[Loretta] *reads next message: 'not work related; but got the hint anyway... you two have a nice night : )' she smiles and sends one more message 'k; will call later' before putting the phone back in a pocket and turning her attention back to Gary* "Hmm...well...do you surf? That's kind of fun. Starting to get a little cold for it though, really."

[Gary] "Never tried surfing, Guess i am not the water type... I know this is going to sound wierd...but i like walking through cemetaries...i think it is the peace and quiet that i like about them."

[Loretta] "I wouldn't suggest doing that here." *is very serious, for once*

[Gary] *Looks to her* "Why? it's not like the dead can hurt you. Sure you have to look out for the other weirdos....but other than that...."

[Loretta] *wonders if he's testing her...doesn't plan to push it, hesitates, and finally decides to just stay quiet for now*

[Gary] " Never mind forget i said anything, Look I am sorry...you have been very nice and helpful...you even gave me a muffin. which i haven't eaten yet...wanna split it?"

[Loretta] "Sure..." *thinks she may as well go all-out; at worst he'll think she's into RP, so blurts it out* "Ever heard of a Slayer?"

[Gary] *Splits the muffin into two equal parts* " You talking the heavy metal band or people who run with sharp pointies?"

[Loretta] "Sharp pointies. So you do know."

[Gary] *hands her the half of a muffin" " Yup"

[Loretta] *eats it, looking at him* "Ever met one?"

[Gary] *proceeds to munch on his half* " I know one....was a bit of a shock really. Especially when you find out most your child hood fears are actually real"

[Loretta] "Tell me about it; i knew one briefly that had never even fought before. She dusted her first vamp and it was like she was the fucking queen of england all of a sudden or something; i've probably dusted dozens by now."

[Gary] "No shit...I've done a couple or three in my time" *looks down* " and then my parents died, and i stopped... had to take time to rebuild myself... Can't help if i am no good to myself"

[Loretta] *cracks her knuckles, feeling a little cocky now that they're on the subject* "Yeah, kids' stuff really; don't know why they're seen as such a scary thing. Besides the rare really old ones, they're usually so confused it's hardly even worth the trouble anyway. Demons though, there are so many different types, you never really know what you're looking at and how you're supposed to kill it..." *trails off before thinking about what he says* "What do you mean?"

[Gary] *looks to her* " When i found out what i am at first it was cool. I did what i did for the good of humanity, If i got to cocky my parents kept me grounded, kept me focused." *he pauses to finish the muffin*

[Loretta] "What are you?"

[Gary] " Just like you i am a slayer....

[Loretta] *snort laughs, thinking he's kidding* "Yeah? So you used to be a woman?"

[Gary] *looks to her* "nope..100% all american male

[Loretta] "Well then, you're not a Slayer. Which isn't to say you're not a good vamp hunter; that much i'm sure is true; the best vamp hunters i know besides myself are dudes. But it's a different thing."

[Gary] " No.. i am a slayer...not a vamp hunter, not a demon hunter...i am a Slayer

[Loretta] "Yeah? Well who told you that?"

[Gary] "My Watcher"

[Loretta] *raises an eyebrow* "Really...well that's interesting. Did he come to town with you?"

[Gary] "No...and i didn't tell him that i was leaving either..."

[Loretta] *snickers* "Well that part, if it's true, i can't blame you for."

[Gary] *looks a bit confused* " What do you mean?"

[Loretta] "Most watchers aren't exactly in the 'fun to hang out with' category."

[Gary] " He was ok, needed to get out more....But like i was saying....once my parents died..it was like i lost connection with everything...i think that is why my doctor sent me here...to regain my focus and to put my mind back together." *looks at her with a puzzled look* " Why do you find it hard for me to be a Slayer?"

[Loretta] "Because you claim to be a dude."

[Gary] " What is it a female only club?

[Loretta] "Yup."

[Gary] " Then explain to me why at the age of 15 i could take a beating from someone and it not really affect me, or the fact that i move quicker than most people I knew. the fact that at one time i knew nothing of the martial arts and could defend myself and put two guys in the hospital. and being able to do things that are simply not humanly possible"

[Loretta] *shrugs* "Maybe you were adopted?"

[Gary] " i don't think so." *looks at his watch* " Look it is getting pretty late, I can walk you home if you want...Slayer or no, you shouldn't be walking alone at night"

[Loretta] *smiles* "I am home; goodnight though. If you want, i can introduce you to the rest of the hunters in town. You have a phone?"

[Gary] " not yet was going to do that tomorrow" *looks around at the area* " You sure? please don't take this as a come on...but i got room. Besides, this night air is a bit chilly."

[Loretta] "I'm actually going to go see a friend this evening." *realizes she still has the pad and pen from work in her pocket, so writes her number on it* "There; when you get one, call me and we'll talk about hunting, if you want to join us."

[gary] *takes the paper and pockets the number* Will do....don't be suprised if you see me tonight...the night makes me restless" * he pauses and smiles* " It was nice meeting you Loretta, be Safe" *starts to head toward his hotel*

[Loretta] "Same to you..." *shaking her head a bit at the dude that thinks he's a slayer*
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by verdilak » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:14 pm

Kitriana, after some time, you come to what you believe is the correct entry.

"Chichelvache: A mythological demon from European folklore. It is said that the Chichelvache is the wife of Bicorne. This demon has the form of an undernourished cow, who radiates sorrow and pity in females who see it. It's diet consists of married women who are not only obedient to their husbands, but are also tyrannized by them. It's victims will also see it's bovine face chance into that of a miserable woman, compelling them to come to it for help. This demon is the cause of many feuds and bloodshed between towns, villages, and families over the centuries. Dealing with the demon is difficult. The Chichelvache will devour three victims before moving on, but if it is attacked, it will empty it's stomach of all that it has eaten, sink into the ground, and rise again the next night in a ravenous hunger that will not be sated until it has consumed double the normal victims (6). If attacked again, double the victims yet again are attacked (12). To rid the demon of an area, the simplest approach is to bring disobedience to all of the women. Chichelvache is often loosed upon a town or village by any number of demons who feed on the pain and misery the Chichelvache causes."
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.

PostPosted by Pyriel » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:38 pm

[Peter]

*sometime before they learn about the cow, talks to Trent* "well, dude, I'm off. I cant seem to find anything here, not really in my element here. I cant help much , so might as well go take care of something else i gotta do so i have more work-free day tommorow when we have figured this out and we ready to roll. you can call me and i'll call you back to tell me once you find anything or decide on course of action. Also... Can you make me a favour? If you see Loretta today, tell her of any info too..."
With that, he leaves, greeting all.
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:29 pm

[Loretta] *shows up at Peter's place, right at 10*

[Peter] *is inside the house , not expecting her; he doesnt really know what to expect and is making dinner*

[Loretta] *decides to be polite and knock, since he's supposed to be there*

[Peter] *goes to open the door, surprised to see her* "huh." *seems serious at first, but then smiles slightly*"sorry; wasn't really expecting you. come on in... I made dinner for one, but i can easily adapt..."

[Loretta] "You told me to come..." *goes inside* "Actually, i need a shower worse, do you mind?"

[Peter] *chuckles* "be my guest. wouldnt be the first time afterall...i'll make you dinner too while you at it."

[Loretta] *starts taking her clothes off in the hallway, still talking* "Met a guy today; i think he might be ex-initiative or something; you know, got the ol brain scramble too?" *is in the bathroom by now, but leaves the door open to keep talking* "He claims he's a Slayer; had all of the details right, except for needing girly parts. He might actually believe it." *runs water*

[Peter] "ah.... interesting... I think i will be able to tell actually if i see him." *pauses* "with Trent or you, of course;we talked about how it'd be cooler if i wasnt PR guy and i liked the idea."

[Loretta] *over the water* "About time; you suck at it!"

[Peter] *shrugs despite knowing she cant see him* "We talked about it.Also... sorry for lack of dinner; i thought the 'being with someone' part would prevent you from coming over... also explained why we didnt see each other alone the last couple of days despite seemingly liking the last time." *his voice seems casual, but he actually smiles wanting to see what she'll asnwer*

[Loretta] *laughs* "I said 'with' somone, not '*with*' someone!"

[Peter] *laughs* "yeah, i got that part. it just sounded amusing. wnated to see if i'd outbluff you again..."

[Loretta] "Didn't realize it was a contest..." *shuts off water*

[Peter] *finishes dinner* "its not; but i thought it would be fun. I *can* tease you, right?" *chuckles* " maybe fail at start, but will learn better."

[Loretta] *comes out wearing a towel* "Why would you stop now?"

[Peter] *winks* "didnt say i will. just that i'll be more effective." *hands her her plate. you know you *do* look good in this outfit."

[Loretta] *takes food and sits* "It's good to have asperations." *laughs* "Well should i pretend i'm trying to seduce you, or should i be honest and admit that i don't have any spare clothes with me?"

[Peter] *chuckles* "act like you would. when have i told you what to do?..." *pauses* " In fact, there's only one thing i want to ask you about..."

[Loretta] *eating* "What?"

[Peter] "maybe when we finish eating. dont worry; its merely a detail that concerns me, probably nothing."

[Loretta] "Just say it."

[Peter] *laughs* "OK, timing isnt ideal then." *pauses, becoming slightly more serious* "I was thinking... I've kissed you twice, but you never really tried to kiss me yourself. I actually think you like it too, but a part of me just wants to be sure that I'm not forcing you into anything.Like... that its your decision too. its not selfish; its not a crime caring about your feelings right?"

[Loretta] "Do you really think i'd let you get away with something i didn't like, not to mention let you get away with it twice? I guess i'm just not much into romantic stuff; it's alright, just not something i try for. If i don't want it, i'll stop you; have no doubts about that."

[Peter] *smiles* "I know, I know, its just... at the meetup before the patrol... Allison and Trent got a bit... parent-y on me and maybe i was a little affected by what they told me. I didnt lie to them-we're friends, right? they seemed OK with that, just they did a lecture on what is... inapropriate according to them..."

[Loretta] *eye roll* "Well, that's not exactly surprising."

[Peter] "but like i told you before, i really think the right thing is to look at what you and i want, not what others want, concerning us."

[Peter] "and we are friends, and something is fun, harmless and we want it, i dont see why its wrong" *winks*

[Loretta] "Would you let them give you trouble about drinking the wrong brand of beer?"

[Peter] *laughs; finishes eating* "so... come on. tell me about your day. or if thats boring,w e can watch a movie or something... dunno about you, but i have the feeling it might end up differently this time...in a good way."

[Loretta] *pushes her plate out of the way, then throws him onto the table* "I'm going to have to agree."

[Peter] "I like that plan." *hugs her playfully and kisses her*
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by Archon » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:28 pm

[Gary]

*Slowly making his way back to the hotel starts to think about what Loretta said that the slayers were an all female group, no males... she had to be wrong, there had to be more male slayers....he opens the door to his room and closes the door while locking it. *

"She has to be wrong, I am not the only male slayer"

*he lays on the bed and stares at the ceiling, his eyes close as once again he contemplates his life*
Archon
1st Level Peasant
1st Level Peasant

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:37 am

[Allison]

She reads the passage about the creature herself and frowns deeply "That's just... Horrible. It eats women who already have a horrible life? To rid the demon of an area the simplest approach is to bring disobedience to all of the women.... Who wrote this.. pilgrims? That probably worked a lot better when towns had maybe a hundred inhabitants... but what are we gonna do?"
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!

Favorite System: Star Wars

PostPosted by Lexi » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:01 am

[Kitriana]

Kitriana idly thumbs over the passage a few times, and shrugs "Well, there must be another way to kill the beast. People in those days were rather closed-minded, I must say."

She pulls over another book, "Perhaps there is a spell that can end it. I'll look into it, although it might be best to consider finding it every night until then."
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:46 am

[Trent]

"Find it? Sure...but then what? Can't attack it, or we'll lose it again, and it might kill before we find it a third time. Though to be honest..." *gives Allison a look* "I'll bet it really is nearly starved, looking for suitable victims around here. Which raises the question too: how old is that entry, and has it lowered its standards with the times? I mean, it could be like the Afrit, straying farther from its preferences according to availability, which would make it a hell of a lot harder for us to predict.
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:48 am

[Allison]

She grins just slightly and nudges Trent "Very funny! But sadly i'm not sure you're right, household violence or spousal abuse is one of the hardest crimes to combat, because it's so horribly hard to detect unless the victims come forward, which they rarely do. However... You mentioned that other thing, and i think you might have something there. We can't kill this cow thingy, but can we trap it? Like we did with that other thing. Trap it for all eternity. It won't be 'dead' so it shouldn't come back more hungry. It'd just be locked up, ofcourse we are gonna need a really big vault if we keep imprisoning all the demons we find."
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!

PostPosted by Lexi » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:58 am

[Kitriana]

"That might be a possibility. Let's look for some way to either get rid of it permanently or trap it permanently, there has to be a spell for either one somewhere."

Kitriana watches the group quietly after that, her eyes scanning through books as well.
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:45 pm

[Loretta] *after a certain intense moment, becomes visibly hesitant about the whole thing*

[Peter] *notices that; he pauses* "Lorrie?... is something wrong? if so, you can tell me." caresses her hair gently a bit to relax her* "Trust me, you can tell me anything; i think we've surpassed any dishonesty in our talks..."

[Loretta] *sighs* "I thought it would be fun, but it's not really. Sorry; i guess it got weird afterall." *looks sad*

[Peter] *looks sad too* "If that is true, i understand...but still, it seemed perfect before; when it was less... *serious*." *pauses; sits besides her and hugs her in a more friendly manner* "maybe we're taking this too fast? I mean, if you dont feel ready, we can still just do more comfortable stuff until you are." *smiles* "it happens to everyone when they start growing up you know..."

[Loretta] "Hmph." *crosses her arms and pouts*

[Peter] *chuckles* "relax it just means yo *know* when you're ready and when not; that you are more mature than people think. you just need time." *smiles*

[Loretta] "So everyone was right and it was a bad idea. Fine. But i don't feel like talking about it right now."

[Peter] "... i have an idea; a less talky one that might solve stuff."

[Loretta] "I'm listening..."

[Peter] "you lean and kiss me, knowing that nothing 'more' needs to happen; no drama. no talking. if its still pleasant, we can just continue this at a slower pace and do something ... less serious tonight. "

[Loretta] "I dunno; i think i should just go be alone. Maybe go find something to beat up on." *smiles* "Too much awkwardness for one day, ya know?"

[Peter] "okay, of course you can leave... just... it would be great for both of us to know if we should stop this before we parted awkwardly...and my solution would reveal how you feel about it." *pauses* "did it really feel weird? or just too soon to go serious like i said?" *gives her space*

[Loretta] "All of it is weird now; i don't want it to be, but it is. It's like we were leading up to something, but we're not going to go there. At least not anytime soon. So it's like we're just fooling ourselves or something, and if we do that, we're just going to keep running into the same problem."

[Peter] "i understand... though it wouldnt be the first time two people got kissy without going 'there' soon. so tell you what; you can go and maybe if you decide your decision was made out of ehat of the moment, you can tell me. we do have these phones after all..."

[Loretta] "I don't think you get it. Getting kissy was never my intention at all. Not that i hated it, but still. But yeah, i can call."

[Peter] *sighs* "i understand now."

[Loretta] "sorry; I thought i was clear about that to start with. Maybe i wasn't?"

[Peter] "well, you said 'maybe we like each other some' ; it was kinda misleading. but if you dont feel like it its for the best."

[Loretta] *frowns* "I meant more in a grindy way. Now i feel bad..."

[Peter] "well, maybe you were right then, but you werent ready. i dont know, honestly. I just thought we'd be friends and take the rest slow and see where it leads. wouldnt be the first time two people do that without getting too grindy, like i said; its actually not too late for that now either. But if you dont want it, then *I* dont want it."

[Loretta] "Yeah...we were going to just see if it was a good idea, and it's obviously not, at least for now, so can we just pretend none of it ever happened?"

[Peter] "... Alright." *chuckles* "first time a girl does that to me due to not wanting to get kissy as much as grindy; ...so... if thats your choice, i guess i'll see ya..." *looks elsewhere; kinda hides his face*

[Loretta] "Yeah...i guess it was pretty funny in some ways, but it's probably better not to think about it too much. I am sorry about the confusion though. I'm just afraid it can only get worse."

[Peter] *says nothing for a bit* "I understand. about your clothes... you can borrow a top you had forgotten here; i washed it. so you can wear some of your clothes and not mine; no suspisions and stuff..."

[Loretta] "Thanks; that'll help."

[Peter] "..." *points to where it is*

[Loretta] *gets it and puts it on, along with the pants that were in the bathroom, still a bit wet from being washed in the sink* "So...you're ok, right? I mean we talked a lot about my feelings or whatever, but are you mad or upset or anything? I mean it wasn't just my idea, right? Maybe you had expectations too."

[Peter] *frowns* "... it just seemed so OK without today, you know? We had such fun without getting too serious. so many people do it everyday, so i kinda hoped we would keep it until you were actually ready.I know I could wait..." *pauses* "but it was a dream, and dreams have to end sometime.too good to be true."

[Loretta] "That's not what we agreed on...you weren't supposed to like me like that." *said rather defiantly*

[Peter] "I know. Its my fault, I am sorry. and i really tried to be honest about it. we liked each other in different ways. end of story." *leans to get Loretta's broken plate*

[Loretta] "Ugh...and i totally lead you on like that too. I'm sorry, really, i didn't think it would end up like that at all." *repeats herself, maybe to herself more than him* "It was just supposed to be fun..."

[Peter] "...and it was fun until today when we ruined it . And some part of you liked it too. but get this lesson; sex is great, but always complicates things. and people do get hurt."

[Loretta] "Yeah, i guess there's no way around it. Sorry it was you."

[Peter] *smiles with surprising honesty*"its always me.not your fault."

[Loretta] "That's not funny; i really do feel bad."

[Peter] "why? cause i cant be helped? Listen, Loretta, i understand you are a good person and you are sad to have hurt your friend. But quite honestly, I am still getting the bad end of this deal, and I'll just have to deal with this alone this time. Serves me right for being a fool."

[Loretta] "Whatever. I'd rather be heartbroken than feel guilty."

[Peter] "being heartbroken is the least of my problems, honestly. and like i said, you did *nothing* wrong. I want to stress that, just so we're clear. its just I'm significantly screwed-up and fail to give up for some weird reason."

[Loretta] "Fine; i'm out. See ya around."

[Peter] *shrugs "cya." *gets to his phone* "damn! Trent! i missed the calls!!!" *pauses* "OK, the Powers that Be must hate me. no-freakin-break. " *calls Trent* "I am so quitting this job after this thing is over." *b4 they contact; ring ring*

[Trent] "Dude, you must be a heavy sleeper; i tried to call like 4 times."

[Peter] "no kidding. so what did you guys find?"

[Trent] "It eats obedient women; especially abused ones. Attacking it like Loretta did causes it to puke it's previous meals, and come back later twice as hungry. We've got three shots before it goes somewhere else. Well, two more now, and that's assuming we got it on the first."

[Peter] "hmmm... any ways of capturing it or killing it?"

[Trent] "We're looking at ways to capture it right now, kind of like what Jenson did with the last thing, unless we can find something that's a permanent kill--looks like any physical attack, even a small one, will cause it to puke and run

[Peter] "i understand. when do we meet? tonight or tommorow?"

[Trent] "We're still here for now, but the shopkeeper is starting to look grouchy with us."

[Peter] "i mean, will we meet tonight? or will we head to sleep so as not to agitate the thing before we find a way to stop it?"

[Trent] "Up to you, but it's starting to look like either an all-nighter, or a two part search. And personally, i'd rather be rested if it shows up tomorrow."

[Peter] "i agree. call ya tommorow morning?"

[Trent] "Yeah--hey, have you heard from Loretta? She never showed, and should have been off work by now."

[Peter] "Well, we talked by the phone; said she was with someone."

[Trent] "Weird. Well ok, i won't bother her then. Just good to know she's still alive occasionally."

[Peter] "true." *gets some bottle of scotch from somewhere* "so... talk to you tomorrow."

[Trent] "Yeah, later. I'll call if we miraculously come across something in the next few minutes before 'tall dark and creepy' chases us off with a broom."

[Peter] *hangs up and starts drinking a bit, realising how he just ruined the only good thing that has happened to him in years; doenst really get easilly drunk though*
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by Pyriel » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:51 pm

[Peter] *sees that him feeling sorry for himself aint getting him anywhere and decides to call Trent*
[Trent] *answers* "Yeah? We're on our way out; looks like nothing tonight, unfortunately."
[Peter] ".... damn... things could be better..."
"listen, man..." *pauses, hesitates*
[Trent] "No kidding; would have been nice to get this over with. Yeah?"
[Peter] "i was thinking... maybe we should do a guys night out?"
[Trent] "Um..." *something mumbled; presumably to Allison, then a bit of a pause* "Sure; what were you thinking"
[Peter] "i was thinking of going to Roxies, seeing as it has became common for us."
[Trent] "Yeah; i'll pick you up. Still at home?"
[Peter] "yup."
*gets washed and dressed up; no lorrie-smell*
[Trent] "Alright; be there in about 10."
[Trent] *gets there in about 12 minutes, knocks on the door*
[Peter] "hey man;" *opens the door* "Loretta met someone that could also be a part of the team; maybe he should be the first guy you must recruit-instead of me, remember?"
[Trent] "Cool; what's he do?"
[Peter] "he... seems to think he's a slayer... boy though.idont know why. so we should asusme physical powers."
[Trent] "Well that's different..."
[Peter] "so... we off?" *maybe Trent notices Peter seemingly tired, like when he has been sad for a long time*
[Trent] "Sure." *steps out of the way so Peter can lock up* "You decide to call me before or after the binge drinking though?" *not accusing, just curious*
[Peter] "... I dont know, dude... honestly...i guess i kinda needed company."
[Trent] "That's cool." *starts walking to the truck* "Should i drive, or would you rather walk?"
*locks up, gets in the truck*
[Peter] "whatever suits you."
[Trent] "Easier this way if i end up carrying you home." *chuckles and starts up the truck, then drives*
[Peter] "at least we'll see if i can heal a hangover."
[Trent] "Something tells me you're an expensive date, at the very least."
[Peter] "nah. i pay for my stuff."
*keeps silent, strangely especially for him*
[Trent] "So...if you don't want to talk, just say so, but does this have something to do with the new guy?"
[Peter] "... no. nothing to do with the new guy.and i actually wanna tlak, just... i really dont know where to start..."
[Trent] "Take your time. I'm a patient guy." *rolls down the window and lights a cigarette* "Smoke?"
[Peter] *chuckles* "man, i could *so* use one."
"first time smoking though-dont be surprised by weird sounds."
[Trent] *smirks and hands him the pack and a lighter*
[Peter] *looks at the smokes carefuly* "why?"
[Trent] "Why what?"
[Peter] "why should i try and cope with this?"
[Trent] "Depends what you mean."
[Peter] *becomes even sadder* "you can never understand..."
*hands back the smokes*
[Trent] *shrugs, puts them in a pocket* "Well i didn't mean it as a metaphor for life or anything...just sort of mutes the senses a bit and helps me calm down at times. Don't know if it would be the same for you or not."
[Peter] "i dont need that. you know what i need? truth. honesty. Not some weird-ass powers that be giving me visions to make me believe i can get some minor control over my life only so i get dissapointed after that."
[Trent] *finishes his cigarette and listens quietly*
[Peter] "why cant they udnerstand i'm screwed up and just "fire" me? If only, at the hospital, I didnt have this dream of a person convincing me to fight back for my life, it could have ended."
"or just send me a vision; 'pete, you are fired!'
[Trent] "That's a bit...dark. Even for you, man. Apparently you're still doing ok, or they would have, right? That would be my assumption."
[Peter] "whatever. or maybe i'm just crazy and incorrectly thinking i get visions. maybe you'r emy imaginery friend too, so i have someone tot alk to."
[Trent] *grins* "Well you could do worse, right? Just kidding; what happened anyway? I thought you were doing better."
[Peter] "what i mean is, i have failed at nearly *everything* i have attempted to do-hell, the 'nealry' might even be a figure of speech. why cant they just fire me and leave me alone to wither?"
"why did they make me believe i can be better?"
[Trent] "I think you're being hard on yourself."
[Peter] "they just wnat me to not commit suicide or whatever so they can use me , thats why." *pauses* "oh really Trent? tell me, what have i accomplished?"
"Jenson was right-I'm just pathetic , but also too stupid to see it."
[Trent] "I haven't known you all that long, but you seem to be capable of keeping a job. Lots of people are such big fuck-ups they can't do that. And despite your obvious social blunders, you still manage to keep friends. Not a bad fighter either. I dunno, not sure if any of that stuff is important to you, but they're qualities i respect personally."
[Peter] "oh, dont get me wrong, i dont mean i dotn ahve qualities; i mean that i'm so fucked up in other sectors that i cant use my qualities to any effect. my actual achievements are like zero."
[Trent] "Welcome to life outside the Initiative."
*pulls up to the club*
[Peter] "i dont know Trent; you have a girlfriend, a friend that you look after isntead of trying to kill even once, a truck, you have helped defeat a vengeance demon instead of being victimized by it, you are starting to grow in our grouop seriously... even other hunting groups know you... how can that compare to my zero achievements?"
"so its not about life outside the initiative; its about me sucking."
*gets in the club*
[Trent] "You realize i had very little to do with any of that besides being in the right place at the right time?" *follows and finds a table*
[Peter] "does that mean i am always at the wrong place at the wrong time?... dude, i aint cursed, i'd see the spell's effects."
"its quite simple; i do not belong to the suoernatural world or the world of science; i'm just in the middle, so both worlds reject me as a whole."
[Trent] "I don't know...we all have our issues. You were secluded from the world for awhile, so maybe karma has to make up for lost time; gotta take some bad before it will give you much good. Complicated stuff; i don't get it, that's for sure, but i don't think it's because of any deficiency as a human on your part."
[Peter] *orders drink, then shakes head* "no Trent. i just cant see how things could ever improve." *teary-eyed, though not actually crying* " i see no destination that will ever make it OK. I cnat even imagine it anymore."
*looks around, a bit more nervous than usual; seems more awkward*
[Trent] "So...what horrible failure did you suffer this time?"
[Peter] "i really dont want to talk about it... its not important; what i'm mostly concerned about is the failures to come."
"and why i shouldbother coping with them."
[Trent] *doesn't order a drink, but does light another cigarette* "Well...your business is your own, but i'd like to think we're at the point where we're confident enough to share things if we want, so if you change your mind and want to talk, it's cool with me. I won't judge."
[Peter] "... Loretta tried to have sex with me tonight."
[Trent] *chokes*
[Peter] "we didnt have, of course."
"and we once again established we will be just friends,"
[Trent] "Right. Ok." *seems pretty uncomfortable*
[Peter] *seems annoyed, but is actually... horrified* "what?... you asked, i told you.and nothing will happen between me and loretta,due to a decision we both made; so why be this way?"
[Trent] "No; that's cool. Sorry, you just surprised me. I thought maybe you'd say Loretta was dating that new guy and you were jealous or something. The mental image was a little disturbing is all."
[Trent] "Not that...argh. Didn't mean it that way. Just, you know. It's good you worked it out though. So why so upset?"
[Peter] *facepalms* "you know what?... i'd prefer it a dozen times for her to date him or Eric than *knowing* I had a last chance for something nice to happen to me and i threw it.Doesnt happen everyday you know..."
[Trent] "Hey, don't feel bad; you did the right thing. That could have gotten messy."
[Peter] "doing the right thing will get me killed in many more ways than one."
[Trent] "Hey, that's what makes us the heroes."
[Peter] "well i dont feel heroic much. mostly sucker."
[Trent] "She break your heart, did she?"
[Peter] "I'm not sure its about that..."
"Its about me being so unlucky. and to be honest, she is one of the only persons that can understand me. Its just... i was about to give up on stuff, she came to help me, in more ways than one; then things convinced me to *hope* for stuff-very dangerous and painful that thing, hope- and i keep getting dissapointed again and again and again."
[Trent] "Hate to say it, but that's completely normal."
[Peter] "but it has happened so many times, and with no breaks at all; it feels like it has lasted for centuries..."
"i cant see anything other tha dissapointment in my life. anything."
[Trent] *clears his throat* "Have you ever considered getting help with that? You know, chemically?"
[Peter]"isnt chemical stuff what messed up my mind and got me here the first help?"
time*
[Trent] "Sounds that way, but that's the best advice i've got for you at this point. Cause everything you're describing sounds like the same thing everyone else deals with every day--only most people realize it's normal, so they take it as it comes, and they cope. Look at it as a shortcut to coping." *shakes the nearly empty pack of smokes a bit* "Kinda how i use these."
[Peter] "Trent, you dont get it; normal people have kids, wives, parents, and can get out meet new people and have some fun without drawing all sorts fo bad attention or end up in drama. they can feel happy for thrity minutes a day; i cant. never. ever. unles sits an 'investment' so that i feel worse after that."
[Trent] "Just my advice man. You don't have to take it or agree. But i don't really think you're any worse off than the rest of us."
[Peter] *shakes head* "i cant believe what i'm hearing; I'm telling you, i have nothing to make me want to wake up every day, and i cannot predict any possible outcome that would end up with me *ever* finding such a reason to wake up. hopw does that make us equal?"
[Trent] *starts to visibly lose his patience* "Because you are failing to see that that's what makes us the same. Not different. Everyone feels that way. Often, if not always. And either you realize that, or you do something about it, so at the very least, you stop being such a little bitch. Seriously dude. It's not that i think less of you as a person or anything, but you're really failing to see the obvious. 'Life sucks, then you die' as they say. What you have to do is either give life the finger, and find something good in all of it anyway, or you pretend not to care."
[Peter] "alright. i get it. life sucks. then tell me-why do i find reasons to be jealous of every last person in this building?"
"maybe life sucks less for them..."
[Trent] "Because they're not giving us any hint that they're letting it bother them, i guess."
[Peter] "yeah. you keep telling that to yourself and maybe you beliebve it. but in ten years, these people will have their small houses and their wives and kids; and i'll be dead and miserable, or worse. and its not my choice."
[Trent] "I don't know man; if you insist on thinking that way, i don't really know how i can stop you. Just realize that you're not the only one, and most people feel like shit even when they do get all that."
[Peter] *sighs* "I guess it can be true, that last part..."
[Trent] "Just try to find some good hidden in all of it, and don't let the rest bother you as much."
[Peter] "i cant find it, man; thats my true problem, not feeling. i see you and if i dont start whining for stuff it'd just be super silence, we have nothing to talk about. Allison, the same. I try to meet new people and i end up making things worse. always. i try to do anything to make me feel better, and it comes right back at me."
[Trent] *chuckles* "Sorry i'm not much of a conversationalist; having friends is pretty new to me too."
[Peter] "remember the party Allison offered to invite me to? i wont go; it will be just another way for me to get hurt in some new way."
[Trent] "You should go just for entertainment--can you imagine how funny i'm going to look, getting paraded around something like that?"
[Peter] "i bet something will happen to me that will make everyone make fun of me in public."
"so you will be safe."
[Trent] "I don't know about that; but if you would be uncomfortable, i'm not going to push it. I just think you've got a very fatalist attitude right now about everything, and it's not very healthy."
[Peter] *shrugs* "good things dont happen in life is what it has toght me. and i'll be a fool to hope against that ever again."
"thats the data i have; its the data i will proceed with."
[Trent] "I guess when good things do happen, they will be all the better because they will come as a surprise."
[Peter] *laughs in disbelief; the laugh is so honest it doenst even come out sarcastic*
"good one mate. you managed to make me laugh at least."
"better than what i had expected tonight."
[Trent] "Hey, i'm serious; I can't say that i haven't thought like that too; it was just a long time ago though, and i since stopped caring. Now good things are happening, at least one good thing, and i'm learning to stop guarding myself enough to appreciate it. You'll get there too, eventually."
[Peter] *rollseyes* "whatever. we should pay and head home, whatddaya say?"
[Trent] "Sure. Just saying..."
[Peter] "when you say that, why do i keep thinking things are going to get much, much worse?"
*smiles*
[Trent] "I don't know; blame Allison. She keeps giving me these crazy ideas like the world's worth saving or something."
[Peter] "i will never stop believing the world is worth saving." *pauses* "i hope i dont reach that point at least..."
[Trent] "I guess time will tell." *goes back out to the truck*
[Peter] *follows*
[Peter] *seems to realise something and shakes his head, as if something horrible happened*
[Trent] *looks at him oddly, but doesn't say anything*
[Peter] "Trent... I'm scared. scared of what time will tell..."
[Trent] "Won't be anything you'll have to fight alone."
[Peter] "dont jinx it. you never know what will force you not to help me..."
[Trent] "Well it won't be for lack of trying."
[Peter] *shrugs* "you're with me last week, guys; what about in three weeks; in two months of continuous suffering; in one year; who knows how pathetic i'll be and how much i'll be holding you back."
"but thats another conversation i guess... better not be had now."
[Trent] *shakes his head* "Or your mood might improve between now and then."
[Peter] "hasnt happened...do me a favour though... watch loretta. she might be affected by today, and i wouldnt want that..."
[Trent] "Sure; i'm not going to ask why though, so don't tell me."
[Peter] *nods*
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

PostPosted by Pyriel » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:53 pm

[Peter]

Peter got to his home and headed to bed. But he couldnt sleep-how would that be possible? He pondered the next day;there would be no wierd Loretta to figure out-friendly or otherwise-. no group to be gathered-not his responsibility anymore-, no vision with which to direct people, and no desire to meet new people since he pretty much accepted he could never succeed in that with his social hindrance, it was a lost cause.

For the first time in his life, he wanted *nothing*, and he hoped for nothing too. There wasnt even a need to wake up to figure out the monster-he did his best in the library, but obviously his training was worthless there. its like he was used to create the group and now he was used and thrown away-thats how he felt. He looked up, to where his imagination put the Powers That Be-like most people imagine higher beings- and yelled: "You betrayed me.There is no place for me anywhere. I deserved something better than this."
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

PostPosted by verdilak » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:06 pm

Peter, as you yell out your frustrated words, a vision hits you hard and fast. The image of a demon of a type you do not know, then a clear understanding, but yet no concrete images that lead you to this, that the demon cow and the demon that you see in your mind are connected in some fashion.

ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:05 pm

[Loretta]

Well that sucked.

Loretta goes back to her normal patrol pattern, not expecting to find anything of interest tonight, but trying to keep her mind off that last horribly awkward conversation with Peter. What a disaster. What was she thinking, anyway? Shouldn't she have realized it was a bad idea to start with? Get this lesson; sex is great, but always complicates things. And people do get hurt. Talk about too little too late. She had been really dumb to think that she could get away with something like that with a friend, and it not end up meaning something more to him. Looking back, it seemed pretty obvious: two people never end up wanting the same thing.

Worst of all, it seemed really immature to think it could have gone any other way.

She turns down an unlit street, into an uglier part of town. The thoughts don't go away though. What had she hoped to gain from it? Did she want Peter to think of her as a woman instead of a little girl? He already treated her like an adult; he was one of few that at least pretended to. So what had she been trying to prove? And why didn't she follow through with it? What if she had? Would it have made things even more complicated?

Loretta turns a corner and hears a loud crash down an alley.
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:17 pm

[Trent]

Trent drives back to his apartment after dropping Peter off, rather than waking Allison.

What a difficult man.

He feels bad for Peter, really he does, but he also knows that a man can't be helped until he decides that he's ready to help himself. And Peter had a long way to go before that happened.
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by verdilak » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:18 pm

Loretta, if you turn to check out the loud crash, you will see three teenaged boys ganging up on another teenage boy. The thugs are dressed rather decently in jock-ish college clothes. One of them is still wearing his high school letterman's jacket. The victim... the victim is black from bruises and rather bloody. You can't be sure what type of crime this is, be it money, revenge, or even rape, but the thugs don't look to be stopping and the victim is already in need of of some serious medical attention.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:23 pm

[Loretta]

Loretta walks up to the scene and announces her presence fearlessly: "Oh, that's real nice. How about we even up those odds a bit, huh? Next round, the three of you try to take me."
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by verdilak » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:24 pm

Trent, as you are about to enter your apartment you notice the smell of smoke, lots of it, and its not just any smoke. Weed. Someone, or many someones are hot-boxing in your apartment from the lack of a running A/C. As you enter, you see that it's your supplier, and three women, sitting on the floor around a very large hooka. And they are stark naked.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Lexi » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:24 pm

[Kitriana]

Kitriana had left shortly after the others, she'd wanted to copy down a few things; always prudent to increase the collection, after all. She contemplated the cow as she walked, reading over the two pages she copied down and keeping her eyes open across the streets. She wouldn't particularly want to come across the cow on her own. The pages vanished as she sent them off to the pile of things to be dealt with later, and she took a moment to watch the tall brick building she lived in now; Kitriana often wondered if she'd have time to get used to this one, or if it would be just like the last few. They'd gotten better at finding her, though she was fairly certain she'd have left them guessing for some time to come. For now.

Stepping into her building, she pulled the mail from her box without bothering to look at it just yet, and stepped into her apartment, locking the door behind her and hitting the lightswitch. She pulled the shawl from her shoulders, and laid it gently across a chair, before moving to the bookshelf, a few books flying out to her hands. She hoped there was something there.

Knowledge (1d10+11=15)

Occultism (1d10+12+4=19)
Last edited by Lexi on Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight

PostPosted by Archon » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:27 pm

[Gary]

*gets up moves around his room, then decides to take a walk to the store to see if he can get a phone for the time being. walks to the small store Loretta showed hime to see if its still open hoping it is a 24 hour store, finds that his luck is with him and the store is open. He looks for a phone something simple until he gets a job to afford a real phone. With not alot to choose from he pick up a phone and a minutes card, moving to the cashier he sets the items on the counter and takes out his wallet.
He pays for it and heads out the store then remembers Lorettas number. Fishing the number out of his pocket he dials it, hears it ring and goes to voice mail *

"Hey Loretta, This is Gary...got my phone here is my number" *Rattles off his phone number* " give me a call, and when ever you want me to meet your friends is fine...well, talk to you later "

*While poking around the town may not be a bad idea Gary starts to walk into the more populated parts. Heading back to the nightclub that Loretta showed him in the hopes of finding some vamps to dust*
Last edited by Archon on Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archon
1st Level Peasant
1st Level Peasant

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:44 pm

[Trent]

Trent clears his throat as he walks in, "You do realize none of you live here...right? And that better not be my stash."
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:03 am

[Loretta]

No punk can resist a challenge, and that goes double for punk herds, so Loretta has but to wait for the three of them to converge within striking distance. Her plan is to punch the one in the middle, then kick the one to the right while he's watching her hands. She'll then use the momentum from that move to sweep kick the third.

Round 1 ([1d10]=4)

Punch: 4+7+6=17
Spin Kick: 4+7+6-2-2=13
Sweep Kick: 4+7+6-1-4=12
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:49 am

[Allison]

Allison would have started to slowly pack up her things after Trent had wanted to meet Peter, thank Kit for helping and pay the shop owned to take along a copy of the death cow information, as well as a few other things she just happened to stumble across because they seemed fun/interesting.
She went to her car to start it, let Trent drive as they went to his home so he could pick up his truck, then after kissing Trent goodnight get behind the wheel herself to go home, stumbling inside and taking just enough time to set the alarm clock before yawning and crawling into her bed tired.

[Eric]

Eric peered out from his door as his sister came home late. What the hell were they up to.... Sure when they had been young Allison had been staying up all night to go to parties and such, but this seemed different, besides, she'd gotten over that... Gotten old... Yeah this didn't seem like partying behavior at all.
And then later, she had started her own neighborhood watch thing, which was annoying and a little weird too, but it had been steady, almost always the same.
But now.... What was she up to. Not to mention she seemed to be hanging out with some weird people.
Sure, Trent had helped him out and seemed alright, but even so... There was something weird about him, and not just his appearance. And Loretta... Sure she was nice and really cute, but even she was rather... odd.
Eric nods to himself as he goes back into his own room. Yes, he would definitely have to figure out what was going on sometime, what were these people up to, and how did his sister get involved...
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!

PostPosted by verdilak » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:22 am

[Dealer]

"hey man.. no, don't worry, its my stash. Come join us man. Hey... I would have used my place but I can't find my key." He points to the ladies, "This is Sarah, that one is Paula, and her.. well, her name is... fuck, isn't she beautiful?" The woman, all high as kites, laugh and giggle.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Pyriel » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:58 am

[Peter]

Peter shook his head from his headsplitting vision and felt weird.He started taking notes of the description of the demon while temporarily repressing his feelings. "OK. i get it. once again, Pete, you misunderstood things. When you escaped the Initiative to be all hero-y, you incorrectly assumed you could ever be anything more than a mere tool; Once again, that was not the deal, get over it; This was never meant for you. You dont have what it takes to meet people and establish normal connections, we got that. But just because your dream of having some life of your own is over doesnt mean you must abandon your duties. " *pauses; as he stops for a moment he starts becoming less drunk and more in control of himself* "OK. I know it is hard. And that things will get much, much worse to the point of me getting crazy and being replaced by the PtB in the end." *sighs* "But i have to try. Even if my life isnt worth fighting for, others' lives are..." *as he thinks that, *starts remembering one of his last memories *before* the Initiative experiments, when he was in MCMAP training; his drill seargeant yells at him when a takedown made him lose a spar*
[Seargant] 'What the hell are you doing there?Are you wasting my time?!? are you ruining my course?!?'
[Peter] 'What?... Sir! this recruit was doing alright in the other fights,..'
[Seargant] *interrupts him* "so what? what the hell was that right now, soldier?!?Get down and give me fifty pushups!'
[Peter] '...I was down, i... this recruit couldnt fight...'*starts doing the pushups*
[Seargeant] *calmer as he is about to give tactics instructions, but still very strict look* 'When in trouble, change your position; instead of fighting and losing, do a revearsal to alter your odds first.'
[Peter] '...' *pauses again* 'but you cant always change position?...'
[Seargeant] 'It is your responsibility to control the outcome. The only way for you not being able to change your position is when everything is over.So as long as you can try... theres always a chance.'

"It is my responsibility to control the outcome." *looks at the vision's info written down* "and I have Loretta and Trent caring about me. They cannot emotionaly help me in any way right now, but the fact is that things are better than the Initiative just with that in place.will I stay and whine or will I give the info to change my whole group's chances? And will i whine of my social awkwardness and create more awkwardness or use what Loretta and the others have tought me and change my position there?" *smiles deeply*"I must call Trent again to see if we can meet in the morning before work and give him the info." *calls Trent's number*
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:14 am

[Trent]

"Yes...each one more beautiful than the next. But why the fuck do you have a key to my place, dude? Come on, i need you to clear out so i can get some sleep; we'll go see about getting your door open."

phone rings

"First i gotta take this though, so pack it up and go wait by the door."

Trent goes to his bedroom to be sure everything is still in its place, especially the rifle and ammo, and to answer in relative privacy, "Yeah man, what's up?"
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:42 am

[Loretta]

The first two strikes land with what Loretta judges to be rib-cracking force. The third thug fell with only the force of his own weight, so she steps over to look at his shocked expression.

"That was pretty fun! Now i see why you jocks like it so much. But you missed a very important lesson: the difference between a fair fight, and one that's so mismatched that it's over too soon. Observe."

Loretta then backhands the guy, inadvertently knocking him out. "Dammit. Guess i missed that one too."

She goes over to the boy they were picking on, and looks him over. She has no skill in first aid, so she simply picks him up and carries him to the hospital (unless he protests and wants to be all manly and walk himself--in which case she'll offer to call an ambulance, or will just walk with him to be sure he gets there ok).
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:24 am

[Peter] "hey man; i have lots of good news, some of which are urgent. I had a vision and, once i stopped having the drunk effects-hey, we all act weird once drunk, dont we?- i also had an epiphany about stuff..."

[Trent] "Go on..."

[Peter] 'Firstly, saw this demon that seems to be connected with the mad cow... did you guys find anything about the cow being connected to other demons? cause you didnt say anything about that..."

[Trent] "Yeah dude; Kit said they're usually released by a demon that feeds on the misery it causes or something."

[Peter] "cool. maybe my description helps us point the demon out. also, i'd really like to talk about that epiphany of stuff i had, and i know the hour is late, but its important; please, it might lead us-well, me- to better days and i'd like guidance... its only two or three in the morning; you were used to sleeping weird hours from your previous schedule, right?"

[Trent] "Yeah...actually though, i've got a hallway full of stoners i need to try and get locked back up, so i'll call you back in a few?"

[Peter] *chuckles* "OK man. Though i think i could help in that, i also think you deserve some privacy on that stuff.thanks so much...waiting for your call. bye."

[Trent] "Thanks; should just take a sec. later."

Confident that everything is in its place, Trent goes out to his truck and gets the lockpick set out of his toolbox, and helps his neighbor back into his apartment, lecturing gently about the property and privacy rights of others as he does. "You're welcome to hang out at my place dude--but only when i'm home, and not asleep or busy. Got me?" He pops the lock open, "Now go enjoy your smokes and your girls; i got stuff to do."

With that, he returns to his apartment, bolts the door shut, and calls Pete back.
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by Pyriel » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:31 am

[Trent] *calls back* "Sorry man; so what's up?"
[Peter] "well, i told you... stuff to talk, important both for my life and demon-hunting; can i drop by to chat now that i'm in a more reasonable mood? you said you would probably try to help me if i needed help..."
*sounds quite relieved and relaxed*
[Trent] "Sure, if you want."
[Peter] "i'll be there soon. cya there."
"and thanks so much in advance."
[Trent] "Sure thing." *takes a short nap after the call ends*
[Peter] *knock knock*
[Trent] *takes a minute before sliding various locks open* "Come in dude." *place is still very much full of weed smoke*
[Peter] "i could smell form a distance." frowns as he realizes something* " dont worry; i cant be killed by drugs, i heal, remember?"
[Trent] *laughs* "This stuff can't kill ya, just make ya sleepy at worst." *locks the door behind him* "Haven't had to light up all night though; that's kinda nice."
[Peter] "thats a good thing." *sits* " also, i relaised that i started this out-of-initiative attempt less thna two weeks ago, and already i have a friend that accepts to talk about important stuff at this hour."
"and i would think Loretta and maybe Allison would do that too. so thats nice."
[Trent] *shrugs and pulls up a chair from the dining table* "What can i say...i'm just that kind of guy. Thirsty? I have...well...water." *goes ahead and gets two glasses* "The smoke will make you that way eventually; trust me."
[Peter] "I'm thinking of changing some stuff in my life, and i want your opinion."
[Trent] *hands him a glass and sits* "Sure; lay it on me."
[Peter] "first of all, I had some savings to buy a car... what if i quit my job and started a martial arts dojo? wouldnt that be more 'me'?plus this town has a lack for them... so good business opportunity-wise."
"could also be a meetup place for us at times..."
[Trent] *nods* "Could be good, if that's what you want to do--of course, there's always risk with an investment."
[Peter] "i had studied business stuff too while i had training for hostile organizations' modus operandi."
"so i know it has as good chance to be successful as ever.""not too much competition, you see...anyways..."
[Trent] *shrugs* "If you've got a plan, i see no reason not to go for it; just gotta get the paperwork in order i guess. I don't know much about it, but if you think it'll work, then i wish you luck."
[Peter] "It will be a job i will enjoy doing.that counts."
[Trent] "absolutely."
[Peter] "also... about the social awkwardness thing..."
[Peter] "i decided to try my luck; I learnt lots of stuff while hanging with you guys, and i didnt use them; will see if with different approach things might be better." *swallows deeply* "and i did see Loretta as something... more, but i think it was not exactly love; and the way it ended looked like good closure to me once my head cleared out." *looks confident*
[Trent] "That's good."
[Peter] "so... i see my life. unlike what i thought, i *have* friends, two, maybe even three. will even see about more in time, with the new guy and Kit, though i'm prepared things might not go as planned. I also thought about my rejections and possibly inability to ever achieve something in that regard, but really only Sophie has rejected me so far...the other cases just didnt work out. "
"so maybe i'm not exactly non-likeable as i thought..."
"atleast thats not what hard facts in my life say."
[Trent] "Good to see you looking a things a bit more objectively."
[Peter] "I also figured something interesting... see i was also tought psychology for various reasons and i realised something really nice.the hardest problem with depression-which i was afraid might make me crumble- is that it affects your brain, moderately damaging some stuff that i dont remember how they are called-psychiatry is different, you know. So, that might explain why i explode in sadness and after some time i'm better; maybe my brain heals."
[Trent] "Makes perfect sense..."
[Peter] "also... do you ahve a piece of paper? i want to write some stuff down just in case..."
[Trent] "Umm...sure." *goes over and opens a drawer in the kitchen, pulls out a notebook and pen and hands it to him*
[Peter] "I'm writing down a description of the demon, just in case something happens to me. No, i'm not being pessimistic-I'm being *prepared*. And i really think if i am better prepared for stuff and i have your help guys, i can deal with anything."
[Trent] "Nah, that's a good idea; easier than trying to explain it second-hand to Allison and anyone else i happen to see before you."
[Peter] "also i wnat to ask you if you ahve noticed soemthing weird..."
[Trent] *waits for it*
[Peter] "when i get a vision or a call for something demon hunter-y...do i act differently?"
"i feel like i have this 'shock'..."
[Trent] "Not sure; it's only happened a couple of times that i know of. I mean, right now you're way different from earlier this evening...but that could just be you. Hard to say."
[Peter] "also... I need to come to that party. might end up bad, might end up good, might end up worse-but its a good start."
[Trent] "If you say so."
[Peter] "please Trent, if i seem weird right now, tell me. i really want to try and be my best."
[Trent] "You seem weird for you, but in a good way."
[Peter] "dont know what to answer to that..."
[Trent] "I mean you're in a better mood than normal."
[Peter] "yeah i got that. its also without any chemical help i might add...do you think it'd be cool if i managed to remain like that?"
[Trent] "I wouldn't complain..."
[Peter] *smiles* "we should note this day then.Peter Speirs back from the ashes!" *chuckles* ;though Speirs is not my real surname... i dont remember the real one..."
[Trent] "It probably wasn't important then."
[Peter] "Its the surname of a war-hero of world war 2 that i used for my documents and stuff. truth is, my memories before the experiments were semi-lost... they return slowly though, and help me cope with stuff. dont know how."
[Trent] *just listens, as Pete seems to be in a sharing mood*
[Peter] *laughs* "come on, sorry for mumbling.its just easier and more lax for me to talk."

[Trent] "I blame the hotbox effect."

[Peter] *laughs*
"so... see ya tommorow, man. thanks for hearing."

[Trent] "No problem; any time."

[Peter] *starts leaving and going to his place*
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:19 pm

[Loretta]

Deciding she should probably leave the immediate area (in case those guys decide to forgo their pride and tell the cops some crazy bitch with her description beat them up in an alley), Loretta goes back across town to Allison's, and does her best to sneak in unnoticed.
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by Archon » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:04 pm

[Gary]

*moving through the city wasn't really a problem, the streets were quiet except of the occasional pedestrian. I watched a couple walking thier dog, a runner passed him as he went up another street. So Gary thought he would take another approach and started looking for the local cemetary. After an hour or so of searching he finds it he scans the area for freah graves. As he walks through the gaves he notices the conditions and dates on some of the tombstones and finally finds a fresh grave. Finding a good spot he sits and waits to see if anything interestinf happens*
Archon
1st Level Peasant
1st Level Peasant

Return to Serendipity