Favorite TV Shows

Moderators: hippie_mama, verdilak

Favorite TV Shows

PostPosted by verdilak » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:47 pm

Here are mine:

Dresden Files (I would love a second season)
Weeds
Hell's Kitchen
Buffy/Angel
Dollhouse
Warehouse 13
Smallville
Supernatural
Castle
Dead Like Me

I tried to watch Farscape and I just couldnt.. too slow and was putting me to sleep at night.

So, what are your's?
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Favorite TV Shows

PostPosted by Lexi » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:51 pm

Shows that still air...

Warehouse 13, Bones, House.

Dead shows...

Dead Like Me is at the top of the list, Buffy and Charmed are a close second.
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight

Favorite System: oWoD/NWoD

PostPosted by Pyriel » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:26 am

well, my Favourite shows are:

Supernatural (one of the only shows that, imho, just get better and better as the seasons go on instead of being ruined; season 1 was meh, season 2 was cool, seasons 3+ ruled... at least to my tastes)

Dexter (the show's concept is way too genius imho; lots of moral dilemas for the viewer when seeing a good-doer serial killer, plus many other cool characters)

Point Pleasant (liked its "we give up, the human world is a sick dog that needs to be put down" motto; nice change to the usual supernatural shows "we save everything" deal, though ofc kinda pessimistic )

Buffy (this would have been first if it didnt have many lame seasons... the mid seasons were its peak where the show had no equal due to plot/lolz/characters, then got ruined)

Angel (this would have been even better than buffy if it had more interesting characters like s5's Spike or had more lolz)

Smallville (i hate superman comics, but i like this story a lot, though it became kinda lame at later seasons; the actors are not really good, but very good writing, plus i love its version of Lex Luthor in the first seasons)

Dark Angel season 2 (season 1 was very lame, but Jensen Ackles'(Dean from Supernatural) newly introduced character pretty much gave new colour to the second season )

Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles (excellent show, much prefer it to 3rd/4th movies; nice character development in Cameron too, and has a very different and interesting take on John Connor, i.e. can fight machines due to being gearhead as opposed to military leader)

Alias (very good espionage show, and 'actually espionage', not 'james bond kicks arse' based; lies and treachery all the way)

La Femme Nikita (it was a nice action series, plus it had the mystery called Michael, that was never revealed how and why bullets/grenades/explosives/sniper rifles merely tickled him/left him unconscious for abit instead of hurting him; some characters also had interesting psychology like Walter and Operations, and ofc the scary, nearly evil Madeline)

Mortal Kombat Conquest (i know, i know, lol, what can i do? sucker for martial arts stuff)
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

PostPosted by Reddenedone » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:30 am

Shows that still air, reruns included... that I've seen every episode of - because me likey:

Smallville, Bones, Heroes, Charmed, Color Splash, Project Runway, Torchwood, Dr. Who, and when it airs - She's Crafty.
Reddenedone
Forum Crafter
Forum Crafter

PostPosted by Lexi » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:10 am

Ah yes, I forgot Torchwood and Who. :D

Torchwood not so much anymore though, Children of Earth really ruined it for me.
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight

Favorite System: oWoD/NWoD

PostPosted by Reddenedone » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:58 pm

I have Children of Earth saved on the DVR... but haven't watched, yet.
Reddenedone
Forum Crafter
Forum Crafter

PostPosted by Chick » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:59 pm

Dr. Who(old & new), Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, True Blood, Heroes, Hung, Flight of the Conchords, Psychoville, South Park, The Venture Bros.

..and Verd Farscape gets very good towards the end, not good enough to sit close to my list of favourites but good regardless
Chick
Darth Annoyus
Darth Annoyus

Favorite System: D&Dv3.5 & Star Wars Saga

PostPosted by verdilak » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:41 pm

I forgot True Blood, can't believe I for got that show.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:17 pm

I also forgot about:

Eureka
Big Bang Theory
Office
Psych
Defying Gravity
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Rayven » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:36 pm

Why did none of you say anything about Flashforward? I just bought the first half of the series on DVD, and it's fucking amazing so far. Plus, it was based on a novel by one of my favorite sci-fi authors, Robert J Sawyer.
STARE INTO MY EYES FOREVER
LET ME TAKE YOU IN MY ARMS
DANCE WITH ME OUT IN THE GARDEN
WHERE TOMORROW NEVER COMES
FOLLOW ME INTO THE DARKNESS
WHERE THE NIGHTMARES NEVER FADE
WHISPER DREAMS MY FALLEN ANGEL
FROM WHICH YOU WILL NEVER WAKE
Religion starts wars. Spirituality ends them

Rayven
Not a Platypus
Not a Platypus

Location: Cubicle greyness...I'm surrounded by false intelligence!
Favorite System: Any

PostPosted by verdilak » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:05 am

i could never get into that one.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Return to TV and Anime!