Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

Moderators: hippie_mama, verdilak

Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by Pyriel » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:08 am

[Peter]

Peter got up in his bed; he hadnt gotten too much sleep, but in any case last day was strange... He definitely liked the direction of things with Loretta-she didnt want to date him, but she *did* want to have 'benefits' with him, and to say she didnt love him as a friend would just be crazy talk after all they've been through. Plus, the fact that she started kinda apologising about Allison's brother was a good sign, the way he saw it. Things were cool with them-a part of her was still young, after all,and he would be a jackass if he 'pushed' things.


What really bothered him though was the meetup with the Hunters- it was really alright when 'civilians' thought he was crap; even Jenson, to a point. But for the first time, he saw he was hurting the negotiations with fellow demon hunters. And this was a no-no. Enough of that. For the next time, Peter would only speak when he *did* have something important to actually share, and leave the negotiations and "PR stuff" to others. It wouldnt be the first, second, or last time that an important soldier of good was being quiet and keeping to himself. He wasnt trained as a leader after all, and Trent seemed to take charge of things-Peter liked that, as he expressed many times the last day. By doing so, he could observe-what he did best- and learn how to co-exist better with others.

With that, he got dressed and went to the kitchen to make his breakfast before heading to work.
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:15 pm

[Trent] *sleeps very deeply, until groaning late (for him) the next morning* "Ugggh...oww." *holding his head* "Dammit. Not a nightmare."

[Allison] *Yawns widely and blinks rapidly a few times to clear her eyes, then running a hand through his hair, and placing it briefly on his forehead to make sure he's alright*

[Trent] *slowly realizing where he is* "Guess i have a lot of explaining to do...but you brought me home, so one could conclude that you're being open-minded about it."

[Allison] *Nods* "You do have a lot of explaining to do... But that doesn't mean i just stopped caring..."

[Trent] *sighs heavily* "Can i use your phone? I better call in this time."

[Allison] *Nods and slides out of bed* "I'll get it for you, better stay in bed for a while longer, you could still be groggy, i do have to go to work later though, i already called in once this week..."

[Trent] "Yeah, we've really got to try not to make a habit of this kind of thing..."
[Trent] *sits up slowly, shaking his hands out a bit to get the feeling back into them*

[Allison] *Walks over to take the phone and hand it to Trent, then nudging him aside so she can sit next to him*

[Trent] *takes the phone and smiles, pulling her closer so she can lean on him the way she likes* "Mike. Hey. Hate to do this again, but i had to defend my girl's honor last night, and judging by the throbbing in my head, i'm pretty sure i lost." *on the other end, there's a laugh, and something about being glad he's finally getting out some* "Ha. Ha. Glad you're finding humor in it; i'll be in tomorrow for sure--unless someone shoots me between now and then. Later." *hangs up* "So...i guess i was out for most of big revelation. Which parts are you still confused about?"

[Allison] *Continues to lean on him, but glares at him with great intensity* "Did you buy bullets for me to shoot you??"

[Trent] "Not...specifically. I just thought it would be good for you to be prepared. I have a lot of enemies, and most of them are weak to silver. And if there ever came a time when i lost myself...well...you would know, so who better to carry the insurance policy, so to speak?"

[Allison] *Scowls* "You don't think i've lost enough loved ones without loosing you too?... If you loose control i can just.... I dunno, chain you to the bed, or handcuff you up like a roast! But... if you think i'd be able to look at you...." *She bites her lower lip and looks away* "And end your life..... Then you think i'm stronger then i really am..."

[Trent] "That's the thing though--if things go bad, that's the only way to fix it." *sighs heavily* "We got close so fast; it didn't seem time to tell you before, but now i feel like the world's biggest asshole for not preparing you for it. I can't imagine you really want to deal with any of it though, so i understand if it's too much."

[Allison] "I guess... If i had to choose, it was easier when if you weren't.... wolfy... but you are... so, we'll find something to make it work. A way that 'doesn't' include me killing you! or you getting killed at all.... I don't need to kill you when tranquilizers seem to work just perfectly fine"
[Allison] *Smirks slightly* "Might come in handy even without the whole wolf thing!"

[Trent] "Oh boy...when i met Sam last night, i guess i was really looking straight into my future." *winks* "But seriously, if something happens, you can trust those guys. They'll know what to do."

[Allison] *Sighs and lays against him* "It'll be alright... We'll get some tranquilizers... Just so you feel safe... and if something happens... i'll tie you up in my basement and force you to listen to all my favorite radiostations till you come back out of desperation..."

[Trent] "Uuuuuggggh!" *lays back on the bed dramatically and pulls her down with him playfully* "Devil woman!"

[Allison] *Smirks and kisses his cheek briefly* "So... about something else serious.... Did you know Peter was in some kind of... experiment supposedly?.."

[Trent] "Yeah, something like that. He's some sort of super-perceptive comic book soldier."

[Allison] "Do you know if it included poking at his brain?.."

[Trent] "I don't know; maybe? Why do you ask?"

[Allison] *She sighs softly* "I know i said i was going to try and be quiet..... But it just goes against something deep inside me.... thinking he's hoping to get somewhere with Loretta.... And i feel bad, because he's your friend...."

[Trent] *smirks* "You think the evil soldiers put something in his brain to make him like teenage girls? I'm pretty sure that's just a testosterone thing. But i also think Pete's smart enough not to act on it."

[Allison] "Actually i just thought maybe they poked a little too far... I'd like to think he is too.... But then, there would have been no reason ever to tell anyone..... The only reason to tell is if there's some part of him hoping it could happen..." *She sighs softly and strokes his hair* "I know i've not been a part of this strange world for very long.."

[Trent] "Oh, but you are a part of it... Hmm...you could be right, though. There would be no need to reveal a simple crush if it was completely innocent. But then again, i don't think Pete's completely aware of most social standards. I'll keep an eye on them. Make sure there's nothing overtly creepy about it."

[Allison] "I guess i'm used to there being some rules you just don't break. Looking the other way when i know you're smoking pot is one thing, it's not really harming anyone. But i don't know if i can look away with this one... I wanted to try, because i was scared it'd put me between you and your friends. And i didn't want that, but then i think, you already understand.."

[Trent] *nods* "Yeah, it would bother me too, so don't worry about offending me by being concerned."

[Allison] *She nods and kisses him briefly* "We'll talk about it more tonight.... There is one more thing though..."

[Trent] "Hm?"

[Allison] "I don't have to be at work just yet... And you never actually got to see me in my bathing suit...."

[Trent] "Oh...well, by all means then..."
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:19 pm

[Trent]

Trent means to stay in bed and sleep off the lingering hangover-like effects of last night's tranq'ing incident, but soon after Allison leaves for work, he gets antsy and wanders the house, finding Loretta downstairs, watching tv.

Trent: "Morning, Loretta."

Loretta: "Morning."

He goes to the kitchen and finds something to eat, offering Loretta breakfast as well. She accepts, eating in front of the tv. He feels like he should say something, about last night or about Peter or about his and Allison's good intentions, but he can't seem to find a way to break the ice.

Finally he decides to go home for a shower and change of clothes before having a word with Peter; he needed to at least let him know the other hunters were alright guys.
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3886
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:43 pm

[Trent] *shows up at Peter's work with a bag full of takeout food*

[Peter] "well, lookie lookie here. hey man." *sits besides him in soime bench*

[Trent] "So last night was interesting..."

[Peter] "tell me about it... i think i kinda screwed up in some ways..."

[Trent] "Didn't we all..." *pulls out several burgers and sets them on the table, taking one and unwrapping it*

[Peter] *takes one to eat too* "so... i saw you talked to them..."

[Trent] "Yeah, they're cool. Just threw em off a bit was all."

[Peter] "i see. i was just freaked out when they practicaly took us hostages is all.shouldnt have said anything really."

[Trent] "Well, you guys did walk into what could have turned into a gunfight; understandable that it didn't all go logically."

[Peter] "on the plus side, we did defend you..."

[Trent] "That was nice of ya. Anyway, they're going to help us with our werewolf girl, should she prove problematic."

[Peter] "that is nice of them...plus, i think you should be the one doing the talking from now on, like i said when we were talking to Kit."

[Trent] "They're only an hour away, in Portland, and i get the feeling they can call in backup, given some time, if things ever get real bad."

[Peter] *shrugs* "they were mean to me, but i don't hold it against them; everyone is, really, except very few persons..."

[Trent] "Uh...mean? You mean besides the standoff?"

[Peter] "i mean, i know i screwed up, but i wasnt the one starting the insults...whatever; i'm gonna lay low for a while i think... i'm just not in the mood for this stuff. not the demon hunting of course; you know... talk-y stuff."

[Trent] "Yeah, understood. I'm not a fan of it myself, but if stuff needs sayin, i can usually manage."

[Peter] "so... all is well, huh?...well, except for me telling Kit about the initative without explaining...didnt think that till now... i suppose that was bad.dont know if we'll see her again."

[Trent] "I don't know...she didn't seem real forthcoming about herself; only somewhat interested in what we were about anyway. Kind of like that Patrick guy. I guess playing hero isn't for everyone; can't understand it myself why someone who could wouldn't feel the need, but to each their own i suppose."

[Peter] *smiles when he ehars these words from Trent* "so... how are the girls?"

[Trent] "Allison was pretty tripped out over the whole thing; i suspect she's a bit mad, but she wasn't showing it--mostly she was worried, what with the almost getting killed and stuff. I don't know; i feel like i did a very bad thing getting involved with her at all--like it was selfish of me to think it was ok to pull someone into this life. But then the thoughts go kind of wild from there... Oh yeah, saw Loretta this morning; looked like she spent the night. She's herself about it; guess a werewolf is no big deal to a Slayer."

[Peter] "i see. and dont worry about Allison; she can deal. she would enter this life sooner or later according to what she has said about herself and her parents; better do it with allies huh?"

[Trent] "Yeah. I sure find this way to be easier and more pleasant, myself."

[Peter] "and actually... about allison... you are lucky there, you have a great thing going; especially now that she knows you're a werewolf and she stays.dont spoil it, man. it can be very rare..."

[Trent] "I don't forget for a second that it's by luck alone; i don't know what she sees in me, but i'm glad she sees something." *laughs*

[Peter] "she is more... normal than us, and by that, can see better. she sees what a great person you are, maybe to a better extent than us. never believe its luck."

[Trent] "Damn, i was hoping it was just my rugged good looks..." *joking*

[Peter] "see? life can be good. you can kill demonic stuff without being all broody."

[Trent] *laughs* "Was i broody before?"

[Peter] "thats a general observation. i mean, things might not end up as you want, but tomorrow is always another day." *seems skeptical*

[Trent] "Ah, yeah. You say it like you're just repeating it though."

[Peter] "i dont know; sometimes i feel like my escape from the initiative was...' too little, too late' i guess. but unlike the first days, something strange happens-it actually passes after some minutes."

[Trent] "It's just how you choose to look at things any given moment, i guess."

[Peter] *uncharacteristicaly shrugs* "probably."

[Trent] "So...unless something changes between now and then, we've got plans for the next full moon, but nothing else upcoming yet, that i'm aware of at least."

[Peter] "maybe we should patrol tonight?... or do you want to go relax a bit? i mean, i understand, after that last night..."

[Trent] "Patrol would be good; i plan to relax all day."

[Peter] "what happened to your second job?"

[Trent] "Finally decided free time wasn't necessarily a bad thing."

[Peter] *chuckles* "yeah, yeah, i know what helped you decide that...i'd actually like to go shopping for some new clothes of mine after work..."

[Trent] *just grins at the first statement* "Hey, don't look at me; i'm not exactly the fashionable type."

[Peter] "OK. well, while some company wouldn't be bad, a man can do his own shopping. no other plans for today? ... are you sure she's gonna let you relax?" *smiels at last one*

[Trent] "She better, if she wants to keep her job."

[Peter] "heh. one of these days we gotta arrange to just go for some coffee though. it wont hurt."

[Trent] "I suppose not. Well, speaking of work, i'll let you get back to yours. I'm sure i can find something to do with myself between now and patrol time. Where do you want to meet? And are we bringing girls?"

[Peter] "well i dont know. the girls arent in my house, so i cant 'bring them'.cant see why they shouldnt come though; your choice and theirs, really."

[Trent] "Let's just plan to tell them if we run into them."

[Peter] "alright i guess. though you're obviously the one most likely to tell them.so...where? barrista's band? sounds kinda lame, but seems 'neutral' if you catch my drift..."

[Trent] "Sure, sounds fine; haven't been to that part of town in awhile anyway, so it would be a good starting place."

[Peter] "what about that Eric guy?Allison's brother? Loretta told me about him.never met him up close though"

[Trent] "No, he's just a kid. I don't think he even knows about any of this stuff."

[Peter] "so... will this be business? i guess thats OK too. though i was mostly thinking leisure."

[Trent] "You mentioned 'patrol' so i assumed so...but if it's for fun, we should invite everyone, kid included. Though i doubt he would want to, and if he does, it could be awkward, since he's not into it."

[Peter] "actually, if he wanted to come, he'd want to come patrol afterwards... so i guess no unless we split up after that and re-meet at night?"

[Trent] "Let's wait and see what the girls want to do, i guess. Either way, we'll meet at the same place and figure things up from there."

[Peter] "OK. you know where to reach me."

[Trent] "Yeah. Did we want to try and track down that witch again? Or let her contact us on her own terms?"

[Peter] *sighs* "i believe trying to recruit her by talking to death would be lame. let her decide a bit, is what i say... but you gotta remember these things are *your* job from now on, so maybe its you that should make the decision."

[Trent] "Well, i wanted a second opinion, but i too think we should just give her some space and see what happens."

[Peter] *nods* "so... anything else you wanted to see me about?"

[Trent] *hesitates a moment* "Not really. Take care."

[Peter] *raises an eyebrow* "oookay... bye." *gets back to work, and goes to his home after finishing, intending to get rid of professor clothes and go shopping*
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3886
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:50 pm

[Loretta]

Loretta was bored. Really, really, really, REALLY bored. Nothing was on tv. She even poked around Eric's room a little (just a little!) in hopes of finding something entertaining, but even the stash of girly mags was disappointingly dull. He probably had better stuff on his computer, she reasoned (it would be a shame to think he might really be that terribly boring), but she wasn't going to go to that much trouble to find out. She puts everything back, exactly the way she found it, and goes for a walk around town before work.
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3886
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by Pyriel » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:42 am

[Peter]

Peter goes shopping for clothes after changing from his proffesor-y attire. He checks out some stores, and finally chooses one to enter. The clerk seems friendly to him, which is weird; Of course he didnt open his mouth much... "May i help you?" "Hi miss. I am looking for a slight change in wardrobe..."
The clerk starts helping him choose clothes, and he adopts a more casual style; practical and comfortable, yet has a slightly better array of colours than the previous one. The clerk flirts a bit with him, though he doesnt actually respond too much to any of her comments, despite still being kind.

Wiith that, he goes to return to his home to eat lunch and prepare for the afternoon meetup.
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:59 am

After leaving Peter's work, Trent goes into town and finds a cell phone store and buys two phones and a plan. He calls Allison's house, hoping (but not optimistic) that Loretta will be there and pick up. She does not, so he walks the town in a somewhat grid-like fashion, until he picks up Loretta's scent. It doesn't take long to find her from there; she knows the town well, so her pattern through it is rather predictable.

[Trent] *coming up behind her, but not trying to be sneaky* "Hey Loretta, what's up?"

[Loretta] *stopping and rolling her eyes before turning around* "Nothing...why?"

[Trent] "I got ya something." *tosses her a phone*

[Loretta] *catches it reflexively, then looks at it suspiciously* "Why?"

[Trent] "So if we need to hunt something, we can get together quicker."

[Loretta] "And so you can check up on me."

[Trent] *hesitates* "I wouldn't complain if you used it to check in occasionally."

[Loretta] *tosses it back and continues walking*

[Trent] *catches it, sighs, and follows* "Come on Loretta, you know we worry. I don't like them either, but I'd worry about Allison more too if she didn't already have one. Humor me? I won't call you unless it's an emergency."

[Loretta] *still walking, but considers* "Allison can't call me either, so don't try and use her as a loophole."

[Trent] *chuckles* "Promise. I didn't buy a plan with a lot of minutes anyway."

[Loretta] *holds out her hand to take it back*

[Trent] *gives it to her* "I'm meeting Pete later at that presumptuous coffee place, if you want to go. Everyone's invited, and we might go hunting afterwards."

[Loretta] "Maybe. I have work and stuff."

[Trent] "Ok...i haven't talked to Allison yet anyway." *grins, like he thought of something really clever* "But I can call you when i do!"

[Loretta] *rolls her eyes then looks over the phone a bit, eyes suddenly lighting up when she opens it* "Trent...this takes pictures?"

[Trent] "Yeah, i guess; you can't send em anywhere, cause i'm a cheap bastard and didn't buy that service, but it will hold a few."

[Loretta] *suddenly lunges forward and hugs him fiercely* "Thank you! It's awesome!" *then runs off, presumably to take some pictures."

[Trent] *shakes his head but smiles, saying to himself* "Well...think i just found one sure way to that girl's heart."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3886
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:29 am

[Trent] *calls Allison's desk via non-emergency police number*

[Allison] *Takes a moment to finish the current page she's working on, not thinking it'd be someone important before picking up* "Murphy"

[Trent] "Hey Allison."

[Allison] "ohh, hey, how are you feeling?"

[Trent] "Great; took a walk, saw Peter, and bought a couple of phones--i even tracked down Loretta and got her to take one." *seems really pleased with himself*

[Allison] "That's very good, i'd have done it but i didn't think she'd want one.... What about Peter, what'd you say to him?"

[Trent] "Just talked about those hunters from last night mostly; we're getting together this evening though at one of the coffee places, if you want to come. Might go look for trouble after. Loretta said she had to work, but she might be interested in the 'trouble' part, knowing her."

[Allison] "Alright, that sounds good, might be able to get Peter apart for that long talk too at some point.... Are you comming over for dinner?"

[Trent] "Long talk? You think he needs one?"

[Allison] "Well.... 'a' talk anyway... You don't have to be there though, i can understand if you don't want to... He's your friend.. I could talk to him by myself... I just think... something has to be said..."

[Trent] "Right, no, i agree; i'll be there too. You want to call Loretta and tell her you're coming? Not sure it effects her willingness to come or not, but it could be a chick thing."

[Allison] "Alright, if you give me her number i will. Also, what about dinner, you'll be there?"

[Trent] "Oh, yeah, of course; guess i'm making a habit of it." *gives her Loretta's number, along with his*

[Allison] "That's alright, you can make it up to me in other ways... In fact.. I already know how..."

[Trent] "In that case, i'll be there waiting when you get home."

[Allison] "Alright, i'll see you then" *Blows a kiss into the horn and hangs up, then turning back to work, smirking*

Once on her break Allison calls Loretta, who picks up after a good number of rings, Allison talks to Loretta briefly, and after a minute or two they agree Loretta will show up after her work, sometime before they go hunting.
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:19 pm

[Allison]

Allison carries on with work, keeping most of her attention on her paperwork, but occasionally her thoughts glide to what she might say to Peter later on. At least Loretta wouldn't come untill later, which would give her and Trent a perfect opportunity to talk to Peter about some of his.... bad decisions.

After work she heads back home and get's started on dinner, trying not to listen to Eric's frantic interrogations, asking her if she went through the 'comics' under his bed. As if she didn't know what he was hiding there, she'd seen them ages ago and not cared. Still, seemed someone did...

Once Trent arrives she puts dinner on the table and the three of them have a pleasant enough dinner, then she cleans up, puts everything in the dishwasher machine, and gives her keys to Trent again so he can drive them to the coffee shop.
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by Pyriel » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:28 pm

[Peter] *goes to Barrista's band in very good mood, wearing some of the new clothes; he finds a table and sits, noddign to the others when they come *
[Trent] *arrives and finds Peter easily* "Hey man; Loretta's coming later, i think."
[Allison] *Follows Trent and takes a hold of Trent's hand while walking, her usual bag brought along*
[Peter] *thinks of not having been contacted by her at all this day; remembers her words "and if it doesnt end up feeling natural, we never go there again" and wonders what he did wrong* "hey guys. come on, sit."
[Trent] *pulls out his phone and shows Peter a number displayed on the screen* "That's Loretta's; mine's the same but with a 6 at the end instead of a 5." *seems pleased with himself, still*
[Peter] *frowns as he now knows loretta could have called; writes the numbers down nonetheless*
[Allison] *Sits down and pulls Trent down besides her, stroking his hair briefly* "Yes yes you did very well"
[Peter] "that was needed for many reasons a long time ago. well done."
[Trent] "It wasn't easy, but it's done now."
[Peter] "so... this place doenst seem bad right?..."
[Trent] "It takes pictures; somehow that's what won her over."
[Trent] "Seems ok, really."
[Allison] "And it might be a good thing Loretta won't be there till later.. Gives us adults some time to talk..."
[Peter] "of course... like we did last time and said we should start asking her of things that concern her. but in any case, i understand."
[Trent] *keeps quiet for now, putting his phone away*
[Allison] "I remember you saying that... Not me. Anyway, Think we should go over to the counter or will a waiter come by to take our drinks?"
[Peter] "i think a waiter will come" *nods at a waiter politely* "i told them i was expecting company. dont worry, you can ask me anything you wnat after we are served.we will still have time."
[Trent] "My phone has games..."
[Peter] "that is nice, Trent. but most phones do, actually. i hope you find one you like."
[Allison] *Smirks affectionatly at Trent* "You're such a boy with a toy"
[Trent] *frowns* "I'm gonna go out for a smoke."
[Peter] "no, trent.i'd appreciate that you be here."
[Trent] "But...i kind of need to. It'll just take a minute."
[Peter] *sighs, his mood changin* "OK. i can see now. by all means, go."
[Trent] *goes out*
[Allison] *Follows Trent with her eyes, possibly making evil plans to make him quit smoking too, or possibly just staring at his butt*
[Peter] *as Trent has gone out* "is there any problem officer?"
"i will answer all your questions, but know i have some of my own too..."
[Allison] *Turns to look at Peter* "There's no need to try and put me off by acting all bussiness-like... If i came to you just as a cop, you'd know. I'm just worried about Loretta, because i care."
[Peter] "if you are worried about Loretta, then where is she so she can express herself? I actually think there might be a different, albeit similar, motive for this... and theres no reason to worry... unlike you, i asked her that morning. and unlike you, she told me at night at the beach how she just wants us to be friends."
"i accepted that with no question, and applauded her 'maturity;."
[Allison] "That's good and i'm glad to hear it. But that doesn't mean we can't talk about it."
[Trent] *does return rather quickly, sliding back into the table* "Sorry."
[Peter] "no. after all it was never about caring for loretta specificaly. and i'm glad Trent is here, cause he has to ehar this too."
"see i have some questions of my own for you two..."
[Trent] "Eh?"
[Peter] "recap, Trent: your plan went fine. i answered everything in the questioning. i even revealed that Loretta specificaly stated she just wants us to be friends and that i accepted it."
[Allison] *Sits back in the bench to listen to Peter*
[Trent] "Plan? I wasted half a cigarette so i could get back, because the conversation seemed to be starting a bit heavy and i knew Allison wouldn't let me get away with skipping out on it."
[Peter] "You two are either here out of worrying for loretta, or out of worrying for me, or out of a third reason. so i have some questions regarding the first two possibilities."
[Trent] "Option three: you invited us."
[Peter] "i didnt invite you to do bad cop/good cop on me, though. i *really* wanted this to be a moment of relaxation."
[Allison] "I also don't remember asking you anything yet, you answered a question before i could. And if it makes you feel better, Trent doesn't have to stay"
[Trent] "Listen, i really just needed a smoke. I don't like to let myself get too agitated, for what i think are pretty obvious reasons..."
[Peter] "Trent has to stay cause i hope he has an answer to my quetsions.so... question one: if you are concerned about Loretta, then of course you will want to hear what she has to say about things that concern her; where is she?"
"or did you choose this time *because* she's not here?"
[Trent] "she told Allison she'd come after work to hunt."
[Allison] "I did want to talk about this without Loretta present, i'm not going to deny that. I have no need to." *Takes another sip from her coffee, still kind of stoicly*
[Peter] "great. so it is not *specificaly* loretta you worried about, or you'd wait for her, Allison.You mean well, but these good intentions are more generic. next question..."
[Trent] "Peter, you chose the time and the place; i told you it might just be me, so why do you think we're somehow keeping Loretta from being here?"
[Peter] "because Allison did *not* wait for her. she should wait. and she accept she chose not to. and like i said, i did not pick a time and place for questioning. let me ask next question, please."
[Allison] "Go ahead"
[Trent] "What? Loretta didn't want to be here for hanging out and talking; she just wants to help us out later. You didn't say anything about not wanting to meet up if she wasn't going to be here. In fact, you made it sound like the whole thing was Loretta-optional."
[Peter] "Trent, did allison *choose* to avoid loretta , and was she glad that she could 'talk' to me? yes. and she admitted as such. if you feel otherwise, which i might believe, is another matter." *pauses* "so, since loretta is not *specificaly* what you are concerned about, if you are concerned about *my* well-being, then why didnt you ask me to do this sometime less intended to be pleasant?"
"why wasnt you concerned about my feelings? and finally, if you wnat to help me, i am calmly waiting for any words that might help with how i;m feeling. cause the third option is one you will not like."
*seems strangely calm*
[Trent] *seems confused*
[Allison] "I don't remember anyone telling me that if i choose to hang out with you, it came with the condition that we could only ever talk about subjects 'you' want to talk about. I can't stay quiet forever because it's not a pleasant topic, and even if i had, you should have in return been worried about 'my' feelings about it, and brought it up, so that's kind of circular thinking."
[Peter] "i brought it up yesterday morning! for you guys! loretta already knew, remember?"
"so i totaly respect your feelings."
[Trent] "I really don't know what to say man; it seemed like i was supposed to invite the girls, but that they didn't have to come if they didn't want to--and i presented it that way to both of them. Allison came with me, Loretta said she'd be by later, maybe. So...how is this us plotting against you?"
[peter] "no, Trent; loretta might choose not to come anyways. what bothers me is allison saying 'hey! here's Pete! he's all alone now! get'im!"
[Allison] "I remember, but we also had work that morning, and it can't hurt to let things sink in for a while. But i did want to talk about it another time, without Loretta present. If you feel more respected by us waiting a few hours and having coffee first. That's fine with me. But it won't go away..."
[Allison] "Don't put words in my mouth or intentions behind my actions Peter."
[Trent] "When would it be more appropriate then, Peter?"
[Allison] "If you felt better having a friend along, to add another perspective or just some support, that would be absolutely fine with me. Just not Loretta."
[Peter] "really? and i who thought you totaly forget that i'm a psychic, Loretta does not register as a young girl to my eyes, and chose to have this talk in order to protect 'Loretta, a little girl, from some psycho that likes girls her age'. yes, Allison thats what you were thinking; like i said, you totaly mean well. but i just wnat to state this-its not about Loretta, its not about.."
"not about my feelings; its about you perceiving me as some psycho and believing the world needs to be protected from me."
"and see, the bad thing is i am not angry about this; i totaly get that i must prove myself to you guys from scratch, just Trent denies that for some reason." *to Trent* "save it, man."
[Trent] "What? That's a bit harsh..."
[Peter] "no, you're just nice enough to me that you dont admit it."
[Trent] "I don't think you're a bad guy at all. I kind of thought you knew that though."
[Trent] "So you like Loretta; she's likable, i'll give you that. Nothing wrong with it, so long as you don't do anything about it, and i have no reason to think you would. So we're cool here."
[Peter] "well, *specificaly choosing* a time when Loretta isnt here so you can question me about things concerning *her* tells otherwise; if she's not her, then her well-being is not the point; and if *my* feelings arent what you are concerned about... then thats the only logical assumption; you consider me a criminal. and like i said, i totaly get it; admit it, we'll be fine. i just want "
"to know what i can expect."
[Allison] *Sighs lightly* "If i thought you were a psychopath intent on hurting little girls, we would not be here talking about it. I don't know what you are feeling, i don't know what things you see. But obviously i'm willing to listen to you. But it's obvious you 'can' make mistakes, like any man can."
[Trent] "Loretta was understandably uncomfortable when we were on the subject in her presence. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be talked about ever."
[Peter] "no, loretta was uncomfortable over not asking her what she thought."
"over treating her like she was ten."
[Allison] "I know you think Loretta is an adult, and i can definitly see why you think that, she's strong, strong willed, independent, and has learned to take care of herself. But so have child soldiers, so have many girls who grew up on the street who were forced to adjust to very harsh circumstances. Many of them 'seem' to have adjusted into adults."
[Peter] "can child soldiers lift trucks?"
"do they have dreams of decapitating people everyday?"
[Allison] "Obviously not, but physical strength is no measure of maturity."
[Allison] *Stares at Peter blankly* "You think child soldiers never dream of death? of killing the enemy"
[Trent] "I hate to say it, but honestly, it doesn't really matter what she thinks about it. Does it? Are you going to let her talk you into something that isn't appropriate, just because she wants it? That's assuming she even does, but it sounds like she doesn't, so that's not really even an issue...right?"
[Peter] "Loretta has stated that she just wants us to be friends. she calmly did so, because i asked her. and unlike you, i'm the one that ahs to suffer the consequences. alone. because i'm the sucker here, that belongs to neither the material world nor spiritual, with both worlds rejecting him." *pauses* "pass me the salt please."
*seems strangely calm still, despite how obviously hurtful the subject is*
[Allison] "When i look at Loretta, that's what i see... A child soldier in a diffirent kind of war. But behind that, i still see a teenager Peter. When i met her for the first time... You had just been injured, and she was scared and broke down into tears. When I mention school she grows agitated and resistant."
Last edited by Pyriel on Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by Lexi » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:42 pm

[Kitriana]

Kitriana had seen them in the coffee shop, and had almost stopped in to say hello. They looked rather tense, though, and she decided not to interfere just yet. She could continue watching from a distance; probably safer for her, for now.

She continued on, and looked off towards the park.
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:01 pm
Favorite System: oWoD/NWoD

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:27 pm

[Allison] "let me ask you this.... Is there even the slightest chance i could be right? And she's not 'mentally' an adult? Because if you really care about her. And you think there's a chance i could be right. That she's a very unique and very wonderful teenager, but a teenager nontheless. Then the right thing to do would be to wait.... What's a few years if it ensures that she's ready"

[Peter] "i dont need to wait; I merely need to get passt this. she doesnt want to have anything romantic with me."

[Trent] "Hey, i think we've all been infatuated with someone we couldn't be with on occasion; it happens. This kind of sucks because we have no choice but to work together, but i think if we're all a little understanding of one another, we can deal with it."

[Peter] "yes Trent, it sucks.but to be honest, we can still be friends with Loretta, and i can learn from the maturity of her decision i believe. it does sadden me abit, but... I just wished i had friends and not allies. i will still do anything to help if needed. I just now know what i can expect. cause there are more things i cant have than Loretta it seems."

[Allison] "I don't want you to be miserable Peter, I hope you understand that. I hope you can also understand that there are certain things that just go against the core of my being, certain rules that make up the very essence of my believes. The part of me that makes me that 'hopefully' makes me a decent person. And that's why I had to speak. And i hope... we can still be friends."



[Trent] "I think we're all friends here..."

[Peter] "you are the best friends i will ever have." *bitterly* "this is a great day; doctors dont slice me up, i am having fun with my firends insetad of surgeries, I have some people i can talk to about *some* matters, i even have a friend that keeps believing in me despite how i have failed her. and guess what- I've got skin! so this sint exactly a disaster."
"we shoudl drink to that"

[Trent] *frowns* "We wouldn't have talked to you if we didn't care, Pete."
[Trent] "It's about your well-being too."

[Peter] "wouldnt you? but of course you cared-for the little girls this pervert might molest, cause damn-we've got no proof since he aint done anything."
"so we talk to him insetad of putting him behind bars."

[Trent] "That's not what i was thinking."

[Allison] "You're merely putting words in our mouths and intentions behind our actions again. Which is no way to argue. Nor is it fair."

[Trent] *nods*

[Peter] "your actions are what made me believe these things. " *pauses* "OK, i accept that its about my well-being too..."
"so if you can do anything to help, me, i beg you too. otherwise, if you have no idea how to, it means you ahd no intention of helpin gme."
"or you'd have planned something."

[Trent] "In fact, i'm certain that this is not about little girls in general, but that Loretta is a special case, and that part, i totally understand. But i also think it's even more dangerous, because she *is* that special. So please don't make it out as though we're accusing you of things you haven't done."
[Trent] "We're just concerened someone's going to get hurt or find themselves in trouble."

[Peter] "cool; i got hurt, nobody is in trouble. happy now?"

[Trent] "It could have been worse, you know that."

[Peter] "it cant be better either. i escaped the initiative too late, plain and simple.i will learn to live with that, if you let me."

[Trent] "We've all got our past issues, man."

[Peter] *nods* "but i let you surpass yours."
"i dont try to make things more hurtful."

[Trent] "No one's holding you back, Pete, we're just reminding you that you have to be careful about certain things."

[Peter] "thats the way you call it. fine. like i said, no hard feelings here; I cant argue against you guys. cant we just leave it here?"
"its just something *I* got to deal with as always.I dont need you to try and convince me of anything, much less lie that i have people that will try and make things better for me."

[Trent] "Yeah; it seems like you just want to be the victim here and feel like we're picking on you instead of trying to be helpful. We can't force you to hear what we're saying to you, so i think the best thing to do is let you think it over. No reason to keep repeating the same sentiments." *gets up from the table* "We'll hunt another night when our heads are more in the game."

"I just have friends good enough to join me in battle against demons. fair enoughm, thats better than what i once hoped for. thanks for that."
[Peter] "why not hunt?hey, i will honestly help!"

[Trent] *looks at the clock on the wall* "Honestly, i'm not sure i want to listen to this until it gets dark."

[Peter] "fine. so i cant even have people that will help me there?..."

[Trent] "We weren't set on it, remember? I haven't smelled anything lately."

[Peter] "First of all, i've got more senses than you.Secondly..look at me, Trent. what can i expect from you guys? when i'm hurt you keep warning me of not doing bad stuff, when i want to hunt you dont help me?... what then?what can i expect from anyone but me?..."

[Trent] *facepalms* "I don't know what to tell you man. Hunting tonight was my idea. If you want to feel sorry for yourself, go ahead i guess. But this didn't start out being about you."

[Peter] "OK. i'm the guy that feels sorry for himself. cause i thought i'm the guy that is ready to cooperate with the people that told him 'please dont be a pedophile, we just *know* you will if we dont do this...'."

[Trent] "Again, we didn't say that. We just said we were concerned."

[Peter] "political correctness, Trent. well done. cause i still havent seen what you ahve said that will make things better for me."

[Trent] *turns to Allison* "Am i repeating myself a lot? Because it feels like i'm repeating myself."
[Trent] "You've just got to get over it. That's what the rest of us do."

[Allison] *Sighs softly* "I fear we're all going in circles. There is no magic cure Peter. There's only two things that can help you, time and friends, we can't give you the first, and you don't seem to want the second from us."

"now thats what i wanted to hear. honestly. finaly. some advice."
[Peter] "i dont wnat the second? wha-i thought i was just ready to go trust my life in you."

[Trent] *sits back down in the chair, hard, defeated-like*

[Allison] "Sure, that's easy, dying isn't that hard to a soldier is it?"

[Peter] "Trent , i dont wnat to see you like this. bad stuff happens to me all the time, really. this is one of the best days i've had in years."

[Trent] *laughs* "I swear to god, i knew there was a reason i used to just do this stuff alone."

[Allison] "But you can't seem to get passed the fact that we can be friends, and 'still' have hurt you. Not because we want to, because sometimes life just sucks"

[Peter] *stands up* "then i guess my presence here does harm. i shall leave if you promise to hunt and keep people safe."

[Trent] *bangs his head on the table*

*to allison* "i can surpass that. i cnat surpass you not caring about hurting me. only Trent tried to help, just before, with one simple advice."
that*

[Peter] "i mean, i shall leave temporarily; i wont leave the group."
"i just cna see you dont see what a good day thsi honestly is to me."
"and you keep thinking i dont forgive you..."

[Trent] *groans quietly, forehead still firmly against the table*

[Peter] *starts walking calmly towards the exit* "see you tommorow guys. i'm not angry. we just got to show more understanding."

[Trent] *turns his head to the side to see Allison* "Isn't that what we were doing?"

[Peter] "understanding would be you letting me have a good time today."

[Allison] *scowls and pokes Trent hard in the side* "Don't do that!" *She sighs and looks after Peter* "Alright Peter.. and.... I like your new clothes... They look good."

*leaves*

[Trent] *silently throws up his arms in defeat over the whole thing*

[Allison] *Runs a hand over Trent's forehead* "Don't do that... I need that brain!"

[Trent] *grumbles* "That guy hurts my head more."

[Allison] *Sighs softly and kisses his forehead* "You'll be alright, for a minute or so anyway"
[Allison] "Remember when i said you'd owe me a favor and i'd tell you later about paying me back?"

[Trent] "Yeah..."

[Peter] *stands right outside*

[Allison] "I have this friend of mine... She's holding a party next week... It's kind of... Fancy, and you don't 'have' to go... But obviously you're the only person i'd want to go with"

[Trent] *makes a face* "I don't do 'fancy'...are you sure you want to take me? Isn't there someone at work that could go?"

[Peter] *gets inside* "I am sorry; can we just let it go and try to have a nice time?"


[Trent] "Yeah...i mean, if you can realize we don't mean to make you feel like crap."

[Peter] "i thought about it, and you accidentaly followed a police proceedure before; it got me defensive..."

[Trent] "we what?"

[Peter] *sits* "remember when i didnt wnat you to leave at start? it reminded me of 'good cop/bad cop."
"i never wnated this to happen..."

[Trent] *eyes go wide in mock horror* "Oh my god...i'm dating the bad cop!?"

[Allison] *Rolls her eyes* "Oh, you're so taking me to that party 'now' "

[Peter] *chuckles* "you're nicest the best bad cop ever, if it helps."
dating the nicest*

[Trent] "Maybe she's just a different kind of bad..." *leans over and growls slightly at her*

[Peter] "so... what kind of a party?..."

[Trent] "One i'd probably ruin quickly."

[Peter] "need any help?'

[Trent] "Only if you want to be her date and get me out of it."

[Allison] "If you want to come... I can ask... No talking of secret government agencies or demon things though"

[Peter] "nah. it'd just be weird."
Last edited by Solar_Dawn on Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:12 pm

Allison] *Leans gently against Trent's shoulder* "You don't 'have' to go... But yes, i'm sure.... Any party i go to i can go to alone... or with you.... But i don't want to go with anyone but you anymore...." *Pokes his side* "And you're not going on any date's that aren't with me either buddy!"

[Trent] "Oh, well fine then..." *but smiles*

[Peter] *orders a strong drink from the waiter*

[Trent] "So when is it?"

[Allison] *Wraps an arm around Trent as well* "Next week on friday if i remember correctly... I'll ask her tomorrow if i can bring a friend too and let you know Pete"

[Peter] "nah. i told you, i think it'd be a bad idea for me to show up...it'd someway end up with me hurt again.better take some time off from such activities, i dont know how much..."

[Loretta] *conveniently shows up and snaps a picture with her phone when she gets to the table* "This doesn't look much like a hunting party."

[Allison] "Alright... But let me know if you change your mind.."

[Peter] "hey Lorrie. how are you?"

[Loretta] *shrugs; typical teenage response*

[Peter] "so... when will we go to hunt guys? any ideas/ dont worry, if there are nasties, i'll sure as hell find them."

[Allison] "Did you have something to eat Loretta? I'm sure this place has some donuts or something if not"

[Loretta] "I came ready. And i work in a coffee shop; if i'm gonna eat at one, it's gonna damn well be the one i get a discount at--so yes, i did."

[Peter] "well, we off then; we should go to Roxie's i guess, many times bad stuff have happened there; public place, lots of vamps. we did the ebach yesterday..."

[Allison] "I put the stuff i need in my car earlier, so i'd be ready if we pass by it"

[Loretta] *seems to remember something, then reaches behind her, pulls out a big knife, and passes it to Peter conspiciously across the table* "Bet you'll need that."

[Peter] *seems shocked* "Loretta... thanks."

[Loretta] *shrugs* "It's yours, right?"

[Allison] "So... Let's pay up, pass by my car and be ready?"

[Peter] "well it is... " *gladly pays up the waiter when he comes, after hiding the knife* "lets go guys."

[Allison] *Stops by her car and opens the trunk, appearently 'what she needs' is her crossbow, a sweater for Loretta, two bottles of water, and some backup sandwiches; Takes the crossbow herself, hands the bag with water bottles and sandwiches to Trent to carry, and hands the warm sweater to Loretta*

[Loretta] *takes it, but looks at it with disbelief* "You realize the cold doesn't bother me much...right?"

[Allison] "Well... not much is still some... and it can't hurt, who's going to save the world if you get a cold?"

[Loretta] *puts it on and mutters* "I guess no one..."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3886
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by Pyriel » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:41 pm

[Peter]

Peter was relieved in lots of ways; He realised he had misunderstood Trent and Allison's intentions but thing is, at least that made him seem a bit hurt over Loretta saying they "should just be friends" as he said; maybe that made him seem more convincing that loretta rejected him which was good-though to be honest, at that time he *was* afraid that maybe she changed her mind so didnt contact him .

At least this gave him an opportunity to seem professional in front of trent and others, not looking at Loretta but watching for any threats or targets. He hoped he wouldnt seem too... "disinterested in her" by not paying attention to her; he *had* missed her and wanted to see her alone, BUT it was just not the time and place for such things.

As they reached the site when they were patroling, he searched for any suspicious movements or attacks from vampires and the like. if he saw a suspicious/stalking person, he would notify the others and maybe use The Sight to check it out if there were some moments available.

notice roll: 14 1d10+10=14
OOC:
note: i assume Situational Awareness does not apply to this; if it does , its +2, i.e. 16.
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:07 pm

[Trent]

Trent dutifully takes the items that Allison hands him, and stows them into pants pockets. He then begins looking and sniffing for trouble with the others. Since this was a social event, he's armed light tonight, with just the Colt and a knife.

Perception ([1d10+8]=18) (+3 if there's anything to smell)
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3886
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:13 pm

[Loretta]

Loretta places a hand at her side reflexively to be sure her stake is in place, then looks around as well.

Perception ([1d10+6]=9)
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3886
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:31 pm

[Allison]

Allison follows along, stuffing the crossbow into a backpack because it'd look strange, and holding her normal bag on her right shoulder, while wrapping her left arm around Trent and follow the others, keeping an eye on both the surroundings and the group it self.

OOC:
Perception + Notice roll = 12 (4+4+4)
1d10=4
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by verdilak » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:21 pm

As you all are walking around, looking for anything strange, you notice that near the river's edge, on the grass that is around 2 weeks past it's mowing, is a cow. A rather large cow in fact, that is gaunt beyond belief, ribs sticking out terribly. There is some obvious animal neglect going on here, though the cow seems to be glad of the long grass, pawing and eating at the grass without even raising it's head in response to your arrival.

OOC:
(females of the group, please give me a doubled Willpower roll vs the cow's spell of pity and sorrow)

Trent, you smell fresh blood in the direction of the cow, but if the cow had a wound, the amount of blood that you smell would keep the animal off it's feet. Actually, with your next sniff, you realize that it's human blood.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
User avatar
verdilak
l33t
l33t
 
Posts: 8743
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 am
Location: twitter.com/rpgaming
Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:27 pm

Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3886
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by Lexi » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:12 pm

[Kitriana]

Kitriana was walking down the river in her usual flowy skirts and loose blouse, reading, and not particularly paying attention to anything around her; it just so happened that she glanced up though, and saw Loretta and the others on the other side. It took her a moment, but then she saw the cow, and wrinkled her nose slightly. She waved at the rest of the group, and the book vanished for the moment.


Willpower (1d10+12=13)
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:01 pm
Favorite System: oWoD/NWoD

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:32 am

[Allison]

Allison notices the cow and seems to automatically to a step forward with an angry scowl "That's just horrible..."

OOC:
1d10+4+4=17
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:40 am

[Trent]

Trent puts out an arm to stop Allison from moving forward more, "There's a lot of blood over there...human."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3886
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by Pyriel » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:23 am

[Peter]

Peter hears Trent . "Human blood?... what the..." *nods to others to stop* " wait guys... i try to 'scan' it , see if theres anything 'magick-y' there that would prevent us from investigating it. No reason to walk there and 'find' theres a trap or a hidden demonic threat of some sorts..."

BBCode The Sight; if situational awareness doesnt play a part, subtract 2(its bonus). (1d10+12=18)
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by verdilak » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:02 am

Peter, you can tell that the cow is definitly supernatural in nature.

The cow finally lift's her head to look at the rest of you as blood drips from it's mouth and muzzle, still chewing on a strip of something bloody. It looks at the women, piercingly, for a few moments, and then after shaking it's head so that the piece of meat/organ/skin could be swoallowed easier, she drops her head back to the ground where bone crunchings can be heard.

OOC:
I'm at work atm and am unsure if there are rules for gross-out factor, so, please, play it up appropriatly. This is not something you see.. like ever. It's bound to be gross, disturbing, and might even cause someone to empt their stomach. RP it up how you want though.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
User avatar
verdilak
l33t
l33t
 
Posts: 8743
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 am
Location: twitter.com/rpgaming
Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:23 am

[Loretta]

"Well...it's obviously not a Hindu cow."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3886
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by Pyriel » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:05 pm

[Peter]

Peter gasps a bit and tries not to throw up; he has seen lots of gory stuff though, including him skinless and him ebing sliced every week for years in the Initative during experiments . Nothing compares to what he sees- however, he can at least hold himself from feeling faint.

"Guys, thats not a normal cow. Not sure its an animal either, there is a supernatural presence in it; maybe its own nature, cause if it was magic-y, like a spell, i'd know." *pauses, gathering his strength after the gross-out again*
" Plus, if we want to investigate what or who its eating, and maybe see what the fuck could have caused this, we should chase it away or take it out."
with that, he checks who of the others is with him.
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:08 pm

[Trent]

Nose wrinkled in quiet disgust, Trent nods in agreement with Peter's words. "I say we take it down...wish i'd brought my rifle."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3886
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by Pyriel » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:28 pm

[Peter]

"OK. Trent and Loretta, we go front, Allison cover us." *grabs his knife, but only after nodding to the others and making sure they agree, then heads on*

OOC:
initiative (1d10+5+5=15) just in case initiative is rolled soon
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:19 pm

[Allison]

Takes a step back away from the cow and presses her fingers into Trent's arm briefly, looking away from the thing's bloody muzzle and keeping her mouth closed for the moment, out of fear that something might come back up.
When peter goes forward she takes her backpack and decides to take hold of the crossbow, shooting things with a big gun will draw a lot more attention, she then looks at both Trent and Loretta, aching with the burning desire to pull them both back and keep them away from potential harm, but letting them go very reluctantly.
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:28 am

[Trent]

Shrugging Allison's hand off his arm gently, Trent says "Remember, it's what we do."

Initiative ([1d10+8]=11)
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3886
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:30 am

[Loretta]

Loretta gets a look in her eyes like she's about to do something crazy.

Initiative ([1d10+12]=21)
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3886
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by verdilak » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:42 am

The cow just continues to eat on the fresh corpse.

OOC:
go ahead and post your actions.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
User avatar
verdilak
l33t
l33t
 
Posts: 8743
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 am
Location: twitter.com/rpgaming
Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:53 am

[Loretta]

Well that just wouldn't do! Loretta goes in for a body slam, and if that's successful, she grapples the front end and attempts a break-neck move.

Combat, Round 1 ([1d10]=9)

takedown: 9+8+6=23

grapple: 9+7+6+2-2=22

break neck: 9+8+6-4=19
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3886
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:48 am

[Allison]
She mumbles something under her breath for a moment, holding her crossbow more steadily and getting ready to shoot the thing.

OOC:
Initiative: 1d10+5+4=13
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by Lexi » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:59 am

[Kitriana]

Kitriana shrugs when none of them notice her, but then that cow is pretty gross. She's seen worse, but it still makes her shiver; she just keeps walking towards the group.



Initiative (1d10+4=5)
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:01 pm
Favorite System: oWoD/NWoD

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by verdilak » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:03 pm

Loretta, you jump on the cow and easily break it's neck with that attack with many loud cracks.

The cow drops to the ground, disgorges it's stomach, and then sinks into the grass until there is nothing left of the cow at all.

OOC:
Anyone who wishes, give me an occultism roll, which next time you guys should do before attacking strange things... just a hint c:_winkgrin
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
User avatar
verdilak
l33t
l33t
 
Posts: 8743
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 am
Location: twitter.com/rpgaming
Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by Lexi » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:38 pm

[Kitriana]
OOC: Occultism (1d10+12=13)
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:01 pm
Favorite System: oWoD/NWoD

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:19 pm

[Loretta]

"Dammit! Every time something dies that easy, it comes back meaner!"
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3886
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by Pyriel » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:20 am

[Peter]

Peter seems surprised that the cow dissapeared so easily. "wow. that was quick." he goes to check out the remains (if any) of the body. "i wonder what made that cow act like that... If it was a spell, i'd have seen it, i can tell when a spell has an effect on something when scanning it. I am not much of a cryptozoologist though, so dont expect me to know what that cow was.Maybe we should split and go research mode tommorow before any surprises happen?..."

He notices Kitriana "Hi Kitriana. Glad to see you again... Any idea what this thing was?..."
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by Archon » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:19 pm

Serendipity Bus Station 3:45p.m.

Gary casually glances at his surroundings as he starts to step off the bus, slinging his bag over his shoulder as his foot his the pavement he hears a exclamation from behind him. He had almost hit a woman carrying a child.

" Sorry ma'am "

The young mother looks at him sourly as she steps around him muttering something under her breath, as he walks in the opposite direction. He quickly looks for a motel for the evening. this place wasn't his first choice of where he wanted to go but his therapist recommended it. She said it was a nice quiet place for him to work out his issues with his parents death. He knew they had an accident when they were on the way home from Ohio visiting some aunt that he had never heard of. After the funeral he had lapsed into his own little world for a bit, trying to make sense of it all, but could not find the answers. So trying to make a new start he took the money out of his savings, a whole whopping $500, bought a ticket and came here. Passing by one of shoppes he pasues to look at his reflection, His 20 something looks, auburn hair and brown eyes look somewhat of a mystery even to himself. his broad shoulder should make looking for work here reletively easy.

Scouring the town he manages to find a small hotel and walks up the entrance, opening the door he walks inside.....
Archon
1st Level Peasant
1st Level Peasant
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:03 pm
Favorite System: None
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:55 pm

[Trent]

Trent looks at Allison, nods toward Loretta briefly, and says quietly "What did i tell you? That's our girl..."

Occultism ([1d20+5]=10)

He then answers Peter, "I'm up for research after work."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3886
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:57 pm

[Loretta]

Loretta groans dramatically, then whines to no one in particular, "Why they always gotta be all complicated? Why can't they ever just die and stay that way!?"
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3886
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by Pyriel » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:23 pm

[Peter]

"Well, you know how it is, Lorrie... nothing's too simple." *nods to the others* "OK guys, i would think we shouldnt continue patroling until we have a better idea what we're going up against. I'll be in the magic shop after work tommorow, and i think most of you will choose to be there." *to Allison* "listen, Allison, i know it might sound weird, but i'd really like it if you go there with us too; might help you adjust better with our pace or something, you know... as difficult as i can be sometimes-all people have that to an extent-, i still consider you a friend...so, myself i'm gonna go home now and rest so that i'm in top shape tommorow, unless of course anyone has a better idea..." *greets everyone and leaves if anyone doesnt have a better idea; *
Pyriel
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Greece, various cities
Favorite System: Classic, but Cinematic is cool.

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:25 pm

Trent, you remember something about demons, cows, and the eating of corpses, though you don't remember much more than that.

Kitriana, more research is needed to pin down exactly what this was, but you know that it's not dead, not really. It will be back.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
User avatar
verdilak
l33t
l33t
 
Posts: 8743
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 am
Location: twitter.com/rpgaming
Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by Lexi » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:39 pm

[Kitriana]

Kitriana finishes the walk to the group, and then looks over to where the cow was.

"I'm not certain what it was, but it will be back."
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:01 pm
Favorite System: oWoD/NWoD

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by Solar_Dawn » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:34 am

[Allison]

Allison looks at the disappearing cow curiously and puts her crossbow back into the bag. "Well... That's eh... tidy, in any case."
She puts an arm around Trent and nods at Peter "Yeah alright, i can come along with Trent, after work."
Then she turns her attention to Loretta "Do you want to come back with us? You can get some sleep and some breakfast tomorrow in any case, and then still have the day free after we have to go to work."
User avatar
Solar_Dawn
A more badass title!
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm
Favorite System: Star Wars
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:50 am

[Loretta]

"Nah, i'm gonna stay out tonight; thanks for the offer though!" Loretta then leaves the area quickly, as though she had other plans, but she really does not. Truth was, she was a bit unnerved about the way Allison had been "mothering" her lately, and about how natural it seemed to come to her.
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3886
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:00 am

[Trent]

Trent watches Loretta leave and pulls Allison closer to him, saying quietly "Don't let it bother you...."
Image
User avatar
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet
 
Posts: 3886
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: SW MO
Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Day 10, Wednesday September 11th

PostPosted by Archon » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:12 pm

[Gary]

*The tone reverbs throughout the quiet office, The clerk looks up from her paperwork*

"Afternoon"

*He responds* " Afternoon, I was wondering if you had a room available?"

* The clerk nods* " Rooms are $30 a night, we have three available, 2 smoking, 1 non. Which do you prefer?"

" I'll take the non-smoking." *Fishing in his pockets he finds that he has enough until friday and maybe a couple of meals. He pays the woman and she hands him a key*

" Rooms on the second floor number 1408"

*Gary nods* " Thanks"

*Exiting the office he goes to his room and throws his bag on the floor, checking the room out. "Nice, simple, nothing too fancy" he thought. The room consisted of a bed, dresser, closet, bathroom. He flops down on the bed. "Bed is too soft" as he lay there in thought the silence became almost deafening as he lays there.*

Gotta get out and do something *heads to the door stops and grabs the key to his room , heading out to check out the town a bit more*
Archon
1st Level Peasant
1st Level Peasant
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:03 pm
Favorite System: None
Security: NO


Return to Serendipity

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron