Edge of Twilight, Steampunk game!

For General Console News and Information

Moderators: hippie_mama, verdilak

Edge of Twilight, Steampunk game!

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:39 am

Not to be confused with the teen vampire-riddled Twilight stories by Stephanie Meyer, Edge of Twilight is something completely extraordinary.

This will probably be the first time you'll ever have heard of the game. The official website describes the game as a "3rd person action adventure game developed for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC platforms presenting a unique post-apocalyptic, steampunk fantasy world that has been split into separate realms of Day and Night"

That certainly captured my interest, as I've been a fan of Steampunk settings ever since I delved into China Miéville's extraordinary series of novels that take place in the steampunk-fantasy Bas-Lag setting.

If you haven't yet read Perdido Street Station, The Scar and Iron Council, I'd heartily recommend them to anyone who loves an excellent story filled populated by a host of interesting characters--some of whom are clearly video game influenced, due to Miéville's personal predliction for being a video gamer himself. If there was ever such a thing as modern literature, his books would define the term. Ah, but where was I?

Edge of Twilight's trailer clearly shows some strong influence from the books, with its myriad of characters and slightly similar fantasy-steampunk setting. As a fan of the books and of the setting in general, I'd be a complete fool to pass up a game that so expertly manages to carry itself in its trailer alone. I'd be keeping my eye out on this one if I were you.

Now, without further ado, the trailer:

Very cool!
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Return to General