Reality Star Upset Her Life Has Become Public

Moderators: verdilak, hippie_mama

Reality Star Upset Her Life Has Become Public

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Wed May 13, 2009 6:30 pm

http://tv.yahoo.com/jon-kate-plus-8/show/42651/news/urn:newsml:tv.eonline.com:20090512:123423__ER:82006

Kate Gosselin on Cheating Rumors: "I Am Horrified"
By Breanne L. Heldman Tue May 12, 11:54 AM PDT

Kate Gosselin is trying to put the kibosh on the latest round of rumors before they even start.

Apparently, the tabs will soon be following up their adultery stories on her husband, Jon Gosselin, with tales of the matriarch's tryst with bodyguard Steve Neild.

The claims, the star of TLC's Jon & Kate Plus 8 says, are false.

"The next story coming out from the animals that stalk us is about our security person and his family," she tells People. "Already the allegations they're making about me are disgusting, unthinkable, unfathomable, and I am horrified."

This report comes just one week after Jon's supposed mistress, Deanna Hummel, insisted she and the reality star are "just friends."

Kate Gosselin explains that her family's relationship with Neild's is close, and only natural given their proximity.

"These are people who absolutely love us and want to see us through to the end," she says. "Of course, both of them travel with us at times, we've spent holidays together, because, in this situation, your circle grows smaller and smaller, and it's very natural to become friends with your manager, your publicist, your security team."

The mother of twins and sextuplets admits to leaving her family open for scrutiny by signing up to lead a public life, but she fears the effect it has had on her friendships and other family members.

"We willingly made a conscious decision to put this out there. Our friends and family did not. I had no idea we would potentially take down the people that we love around us."

While she attempts, in the interview, to put an end to rumors of her straying from her marriage, she claims she's uncertain how to end the current tabloid fascination with her family.

"The scary thing for me is [the tabloids] are going to take information and create a story," she told the magazine. "It's a matter of 'when will they stop?' They're going to keep going, and they'll make up stuff to connect the dots."

As far as the reality show goes, the Los Angeles Times reported yesterday that production was running behind schedule as producers scrambled to decide how to handle all the scandalous rumors contextually. However, a rep for TLC tells E! News the show is still in production and the new season will premiere on May 25.

(Originally published May 12, 2009, at 9:45 a.m. PT)

This kind of stuff gets big lols from me. You didn't realize it would effect your friends and family? Really? Duh. Sorry, i have no sympathy for stories like this.
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

Favorite System: Unisystem
Security: NO

Re: Reality Star Upset Her Life Has Become Public

PostPosted by Svartalf » Wed May 13, 2009 6:37 pm

She gets her life on reality tv and then complains that some parts become public too?

As Vryk would say : Sharks. same for the hubby if he did cheat on her.
PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Geronimo the Commie Atheist
Svartalf
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Shadowrun

PostPosted by verdilak » Wed May 13, 2009 7:07 pm

:s_rofl :s_rofl :s_rofl

Thats what stars are, people other people talk about endlessly.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Tue May 26, 2009 3:20 pm

I don't even watch this show, but the news stories are getting so silly i almost want to. Here, the media basically points out the obvious:

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/critics-pan-season-5-premiere-of-jon-kate-plus-8/22979?nc

Despite all the tears on the dramatic season five premiere of TLC's Jon & Kate Plus 8, critics weren't so sympathetic toward Jon and Kate Gosselin.

At one point in the show, Kate complained that her life was "just so hard" due to media attention and pressures on her marriage.

"Is it really, Kate?" sniped the Baltimore Sun's David Zurwik. "Tell that to a family in which the breadwinner has just lost her or his job, you silly, self-absorbed fool."

New Jersey's Star Ledger also calls out Kate for her hypocrisy over the paparazzi. In a voiceover on Monday's premiere, she says that she tells her kids to call the paparazzi "the P-people" because "I don't want them going to school being like, 'Well, the paparazzi is following us, like, that's so creepy.'"

Says the Star Ledger: "What's creepy is having your children followed around by a camera crew. Any camera crew. Period. It's exploitation, whatever cutesy name you want to give it."

Ken Tucker of Entertainment Weekly notes that Kate made it a point to say she was "alone" about six times on Monday's premiere. (At one point on the show, she complained that "Jon decided he needed a weekend off," so she had to organize the 5-year-old sextuplets' birthday party by herself.)

Says EW: "You just wanted to say, 'We get it! You feel you're the Wronged Woman! Aren't you savvy enough by now to know you're not winning us over?' This was especially true when she noted that 'all of a sudden, your kids are calling you your babysitter's name.' I could almost hear millions of viewers shouting, 'So stay home!'"

Sarah Kickler Kelber of The Baltimore Sun also takes aim at Jon -- who clearly did not want to be on the show -- for not opening up about his marital problems. On the show, he denies cheating on his wife but vaguely apologizes for his "actions."

"It would be so much clearer if they would just say their version of what happened," Kelber writes. "This is just more complicated than it needs to be. It's not like they aren't used to sharing the details of their lives, you know? We saw Jon's hair-transplant surgery as it happened, and Kate recovering from her tummy tuck, and the kids going through potty training. Most of that was probably too much information, but now we aren't quite getting enough."

What was most evident after Monday's premiere is that the tone on the TLC show has changed. The Philadelphia Enquirer. even goes as far as to declare that the show is "adding up to disaster."

Zurwik of The Sun echoes that sentiment.

"For all the nasty and stupid reality shows I have seen over the years, I have to say this one did leave me feeling like I was looking in on something that I shouldn't be watching," he writes.

"What I saw was two people in over their heads, with one of them trying in her incredible arrogance to act like she knew what she was doing -- and an off-camera voice playing the melodrama of these lives for all it was worth," says Zurwik. "The kids mostly got lost in all of that."

Says EW's Tucker, "It's going to be interesting to see how the series settles back into its weekly half-hours of family outings and squabbles -- to see if that's even possible."
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by Svartalf » Tue May 26, 2009 4:05 pm

And such crap, ladies and gentlemen, is why I ditched the telly 12 years ago
PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Geronimo the Commie Atheist
Svartalf
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Shadowrun

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:11 pm

http://tv.yahoo.com/jon-kate-plus-8/show/42651/news/urn:newsml:tv.tvguide.com:20090623:1007197__ER:1

Jon & Kate Plus 8 on Hiatus Until August
By Joyce Eng Tue Jun 23, 11:19 AM PDT

Jon & Kate Plus 8 will go on hiatus until August following the Gosselins' separation announcement on Monday's episode, TLC said in a statement.

"TLC continues to support the Gosselin family and will work closely with them to determine the best way to continue to tell their story as they navigate through this difficult time," the statement read.

The network said Monday's upcoming episode will be a retrospective clip show on Jon and Kate's 10-year marriage. The next new episode will air Aug. 3.

"During this time the family will take some time off to regroup and then a modified schedule will be in place to support the family's transition," the statement concluded.

TLC ordered 40 episodes for the season — the series' fifth — but only six have aired.

During their separation announcement on Monday's highly anticipated episode, both Jon and Kate said the show will continue. They said their children will remain in the Wernersville, Pa., home while they will alternate living there. "We interview separately, we'll film different things," Jon said. "Me and the kids, her and the kids."

Jon and Kate never used the word "divorce" to describe their plans in the episode, but Kate filed for divorce in a Pennsylvania court hours before the episode aired. On-screen text later in the episode said that legal papers were filed Monday to dissolve the Gosselins' marriage.

"Over the course of this weekend, Jon's activities have left me no choice but to file legal procedures in order to protect myself and our children," Kate said in a statement. "While there are reasons why it was appropriate and necessary for me to initiate this proceeding, I do not wish to discuss those reasons at this time, in the hope that all issues will be resolved amicably between Jon and myself. As always, my first priority remains our children."

Jon said in a separate statement on Monday that Kate filed divorce documents and that he is "deeply saddened" to be divorcing.

"This afternoon, Kate filed for divorce. Our kids are still my number one priority. I love them and want to make sure they stay happy, healthy and safe. My job is being the best, most supportive and loving father that I can be to my kids, and not being married to Kate doesn't change that," he said in the statement.

"This will be a difficult transition for all of us, but Kate and I will work out a schedule that enables our kids to have plenty of quality time with both of us at home in Pennsylvania. In terms of my marriage, it's no secret that the past six months or so have been very difficult for Kate and me. We are no different than other couples and parents who are facing a crossroads in their marriage. I am of course deeply saddened that we are divorcing."
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

Return to TV and Anime!