DSI

PSP, DS, GameBoy, ect. If you can play while walking down the street, lets talk about it.

Moderators: verdilak, hippie_mama

DSI

PostPosted by Zamion » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:14 am

i have every other nintendo handheld and have been thinking of picking this one up....any already DS owning folks thinking of upgradeing the screen is so much prettier but you cant play gameboy advanced games on it....
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

Favorite System: ahhhh shadowrun
Security: NO

Re: DSI

PostPosted by NulSyn » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:11 pm

Ditching the GBA compatability was a big mistake.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by PhishStyx » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:30 pm

NulSyn wrote:Ditching the GBA compatability was a big mistake.

Apparently there is some way to transfer the GBA games to an SD card, which you can then put into the DSI. The information that I've seen puts it a bit closer to a PSP in nature than the DS Lite was, but that's not worth it to me to the spend the extra money.

If you're interested in upgrading, I noticed that Game Stop is offering a $70 rebate when you turn in your Lite for the I.
"Hail to the Burger King, Baby! Ook! Ook!" -Anastas

"That's not school. That's Schoolhouse Rock." - Sam Winchester

"Going to war over religion is basically killing each other to see who has the better imaginary friend." - Richard Jeni

USS Lynx | Currently Running: Shadowrun with Online Game Support
PhishStyx
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Classic Unisystem (WitchCraft)

PostPosted by Zamion » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:42 am

i was going to keep my old one.....to date i have every system nintendo makes ....including the gba micro wich i bought used just so id own one ...that things retarded small.....anyhow...yeah you can always rip a carridge game and put it on a disk but thats more work than just slaping the old harvest moon for GB color in there and levaling up my cows...........on a side note if any of you have old game boy color and black and white carts they will work on both a ds lite or ds original if you break the prongs blocking there entery into the machine it has the dirvers for the games they just didnt want you to keep playing all that old stuff....
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

Favorite System: ahhhh shadowrun

Return to Handhelds