Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Classic Regency Romance

Moderators: hippie_mama, verdilak

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Classic Regency Romance

PostPosted by verdilak » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:57 pm

Editorial Reviews
Product Description
"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains." So begins Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, an expanded edition of the beloved Jane Austen novel featuring all-new scenes of bone-crunching zombie mayhem. As our story opens, a mysterious plague has fallen upon the quiet English village of Meryton—and the dead are returning to life! Feisty heroine Elizabeth Bennet is determined to wipe out the zombie menace, but she's soon distracted by the arrival of the haughty and arrogant Mr. Darcy. What ensues is a delightful comedy of manners with plenty of civilized sparring between the two young lovers—and even more violent sparring on the blood-soaked battlefield as Elizabeth wages war against hordes of flesh-eating undead. Can she vanquish the spawn of Satan? And overcome the social prejudices of the class-conscious landed gentry? Complete with romance, heartbreak, swordfights, cannibalism, and thousands of rotting corpses, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies transforms a masterpiece of world literature into something you'd actually want to read.

About the Author
Seth Grahame-Smith once took a class in English literature. He lives in Los Angeles.

Jane Austen is the author of Sense and Sensibility, Persuasion, Mansfield Park, and other masterpieces of English literature.
Product Details

* Paperback: 320 pages
* Publisher: Quirk Books (April 4, 2009)
* Language: English
* ISBN-10: 1594743347
* ISBN-13: 978-1594743344
* Product Dimensions: 7.9 x 5.2 x 0.8 inches
* Shipping Weight: 12 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
* Average Customer Review:
42 Reviews
5 star:
(25)
4 star:
(10)
3 star:
(2)
2 star:
(1)
1 star:
(4)

› See all 42 customer reviews...
› See all 5 discussions...
4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (42 customer reviews)
* Amazon.com Sales Rank: #10 in Books (See Bestsellers in Books)

Popular in these categories: (What's this?)
#1 in Books > Entertainment > Humor > Parodies
#1 in Books > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary

http://www.amazon.com/Pride-Prejudice-Z ... 122&sr=8-1

WANT WANT WANT!
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Classic Regency Romance

PostPosted by The Novastar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:24 am

My wife just got "Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters", after finishing "Pride & Prejudice & Zombies"...
The Novastar
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Just One?

PostPosted by NulSyn » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:34 pm

My brother read P&P&Z and said it was horrible. That it was basically a really bad job of sticking zombies into badly cut pieces of P&P. He was very disappointed. He compared it to a child trying to make classic literature interesting by throwing in a zombie anytime he was bored, sounds good but in actual use :s_no
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by verdilak » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:52 pm

Gotta agree with Nul. We have them both, but the execution was far less than I had hoped. it's hilarious in a few spots, but overall, it's not all that great.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.

PostPosted by Zamion » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:20 pm

i think there mostly bovielty's i dought anyones calling them masterworks of fiction and prose
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

Favorite System: ahhhh shadowrun

Return to Books!