Anyone know how fast Captain America heals?

Manga, Webcomics, DC, Marvel, you name it!

Moderators: hippie_mama, verdilak

Anyone know how fast Captain America heals?

PostPosted by verdilak » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:45 pm

Because Fury, who was the first, original Captain America (meaning, he got the serum first) has been shown to heal overnight a stomach wound that had his intestines and stomach hanging out without a scar to prove it happened, but cannot regenerate lost body parts, like his eyeball.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Anyone know how fast Captain America heals?

PostPosted by Rayven » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:00 pm

Avengers #4. Captain America was dead on page one and kicking ass on page 2. Sooo...about 3 panels.
STARE INTO MY EYES FOREVER
LET ME TAKE YOU IN MY ARMS
DANCE WITH ME OUT IN THE GARDEN
WHERE TOMORROW NEVER COMES
FOLLOW ME INTO THE DARKNESS
WHERE THE NIGHTMARES NEVER FADE
WHISPER DREAMS MY FALLEN ANGEL
FROM WHICH YOU WILL NEVER WAKE
Religion starts wars. Spirituality ends them

Rayven
Not a Platypus
Not a Platypus

Location: Cubicle greyness...I'm surrounded by false intelligence!
Favorite System: Any

PostPosted by Aluman » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:14 pm

As fast the current writer decides to have him heal.
Shazbot Says "If you can't learn how to swallow under duress, you'll never make it in show business."
Aluman
l_33t
l_33t

PostPosted by Logan the Defiant » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:34 pm

Nick Fury was not the first super soldier. I can't remember the name of the guy, but I know it wasn't Nick Fury.
Logan the Defiant
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Palladium

PostPosted by PhishStyx » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:41 pm

Wikipedia wrote:A U.S. Army officer looking for test subjects offers Rogers the chance to serve his country by taking part in a top-secret defense project — Operation: Rebirth, which seeks to develop a means of creating physically superior soldiers. Rogers volunteers for the research and, after a rigorous selection process, is chosen as the first human test subject for the Super-Soldier serum developed by the scientist "Dr. Josef Reinstein,"

So the first super soldier was in fact, Steve Rogers. Nick Fury was their attempt to recreate the lost formula.
"Hail to the Burger King, Baby! Ook! Ook!" -Anastas

"That's not school. That's Schoolhouse Rock." - Sam Winchester

"Going to war over religion is basically killing each other to see who has the better imaginary friend." - Richard Jeni

USS Lynx | Currently Running: Shadowrun with Online Game Support
PhishStyx
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Classic Unisystem (WitchCraft)

PostPosted by Aluman » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:34 pm

None of which matters to the real heart of the question Captain America heals as fast as the writer of the comic series decides to have him heal.
Shazbot Says "If you can't learn how to swallow under duress, you'll never make it in show business."
Aluman
l_33t
l_33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:52 pm

Sorry, as per Ultimate Origins, Nick Fury was given the serum before Captain America.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by PhishStyx » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:04 pm

verdilak wrote:Sorry, as per Ultimate Origins, Nick Fury was given the serum before Captain America.

Oh ok, well that explains the difference. You should've said you were asking a question about the Ultimates line in the first place. Ultimates continuity and actual Marvel continuity are very different things.

"Going to war over religion is basically killing each other to see who has the better imaginary friend." - Richard Jeni

PhishStyx
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

PostPosted by Svartalf » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:11 pm

verdilak wrote:Sorry, as per Ultimate Origins, Nick Fury was given the serum before Captain America.

ultimate is ultimate only in retcon, it's not to be taken into account under any excuse.
PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Geronimo the Commie Atheist
Svartalf
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Shadowrun

PostPosted by verdilak » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:51 pm

Before the Ultimate lines, Fury's past was pretty unknown from what I can tell... and it seems he had the Infinity Formula outside of the Ultimate lines, however, I really like the Ultimate lines, so thats what I was basing the question on.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by PhishStyx » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:09 pm

verdilak wrote:Before the Ultimate lines, Fury's past was pretty unknown from what I can tell... and it seems he had the Infinity Formula outside of the Ultimate lines, however, I really like the Ultimate lines, so thats what I was basing the question on.

No it wasn't. Fury's history was just as much "out there" as Cap's, himself. Fury started out as Sgt. Fury and the Howling Commandos for Timely Comics in the 1940's.

PhishStyx
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

PostPosted by Aluman » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:11 pm

PhishStyx wrote:
verdilak wrote:Before the Ultimate lines, Fury's past was pretty unknown from what I can tell... and it seems he had the Infinity Formula outside of the Ultimate lines, however, I really like the Ultimate lines, so thats what I was basing the question on.

No it wasn't. Fury's history was just as much "out there" as Cap's, himself. Fury started out as Sgt. Fury and the Howling Commandos for Timely Comics in the 1940's.

He was injected with the infinity formula in the 1940's though.
Aluman
l_33t
l_33t

PostPosted by PhishStyx » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:26 pm

Aluman wrote:
PhishStyx wrote:

He was injected with the infinity formula in the 1940's though.

Right. From Nick Fury's page:
At the end of World War II in Europe, Fury is severely injured by a land mine in France, and is found and healed by a Berthold Sternberg, who uses him as a test subject for his Infinity Formula.

I was wrong about him debuting with Timely Comics, however. Although his stories were set in WWII, the comic series was done 1963. Sorry for that.

PhishStyx
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

PostPosted by Rayven » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:08 pm

Svartalf wrote:

ultimate is ultimate only in retcon, it's not to be taken into account under any excuse.

Damnit. Now I think I owe a Frenchman a beer (or other alcoholic beverage of choice). The Ultimate line is crap. I own approximately 3 issues of Ultimate anything....and that's the Spiderman issues that have Deadpool in them.
STARE INTO MY EYES FOREVER
LET ME TAKE YOU IN MY ARMS
DANCE WITH ME OUT IN THE GARDEN
WHERE TOMORROW NEVER COMES
FOLLOW ME INTO THE DARKNESS
WHERE THE NIGHTMARES NEVER FADE
WHISPER DREAMS MY FALLEN ANGEL
FROM WHICH YOU WILL NEVER WAKE
Religion starts wars. Spirituality ends them

Rayven
Not a Platypus
Not a Platypus

Location: Cubicle greyness...I'm surrounded by false intelligence!
Favorite System: Any

PostPosted by NulSyn » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:12 pm

My father has a LOT of Fury's old comics, and his history and such is very well known. And like phish said Ultimate Continuity is NOT Marvel Continuity.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by The Novastar » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:03 pm

Fury's past is well documented.
Look for "Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commando's". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sgt_fury

EDIT: Dangit, Phish waaaaay beat me to it. Need to finish a thread, before posting in it.
The Novastar
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Just One?

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:29 pm

Yeah, I was reading the Ultimate line and Fury's history is different in that line.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Return to Comics!