Indie Half-Life 2 miniseries

For General Console News and Information

Moderators: hippie_mama, verdilak

Indie Half-Life 2 miniseries

PostPosted by verdilak » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:46 am

Holy crap it's been done, epic win, awesome. The Purchase Brothers have made a short film titled, "Escape from City 17" based on Half-Life 2 and it's live action awesomeness, being a total Half-Life 2 fan, this is win of the week. Epic. Official blurb:

The Escape From City 17 short film series is an adaptation based on the Half Life computer game saga by Valve Corporation. Originally envisioned as a project to test out numerous post production techniques, as well as a spec commercial, it ballooned into a multi part series. Filmed guerilla style with no money, no time, no crew, no script, the first two episodes were made from beginning to end on a budget of $500.

You gotta go to the youtube page and watch it in HD

Their main site, http://www.purchasebrothers.com/ , has been suspended sadly...

From the youtube page..

Directed by The Purchase Brothers.

The Escape From City 17 short film series is an adaptation based on the Half Life computer game saga by Valve Corporation. Originally envisioned as a project to test out numerous post production techniques, as well as a spec commercial, it ballooned into a multi part series. Filmed guerilla style with no money, no time, no crew, no script, the first two episodes were made from beginning to end on a budget of $500.

Additional Notes:

Valve flew the team out to Seattle last year, and the brothers have been in communication with them since.

David and Ian Purchase are commercial directors represented by Sons and Daughters in Toronto. They are working on an unannounced feature film. Not HL related.

They have been huge fans of HL since the days of "ivan the space biker'

www.purchasebrothers.com
Represented for commercials at
www.sonsandaughters.ca

UPDATE:
Too much traffic to purchasebrothers.com.
Getting it back up. To contact us email at this temp addess:
purchasebrothers@hotmail.com
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Return to General