Need to know if your PC can run a game?

If you play it on your comp, lets hear about it!

Moderators: hippie_mama, verdilak

Need to know if your PC can run a game?

PostPosted by verdilak » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:31 am

Enter in CanYouRunIt, a one-click web app that inspects your PC’s hardware and software settings to determine whether or not it meets gaming requirements for a game of your choice.

Get your complete report in seconds including suggestions for what to upgrade on your computer.
Only your system's hardware and system software are evaluated.
No personally identifiable information is collected.
Works on Windows 98, 98SE, ME, 2000, XP, 2003, Media Center, Vista.
Works with Internet Explorer, Firefox & Netscape browsers.
You will need to give your permission to download a secure ActiveX/Java browser component.
You can easily uninstall the ActiveX/Java browser component when the analysis is complete.

What it does
This site provides a One-Click solution that looks at your computer's hardware and system software to determine whether or not your current system can run a product. Each of your computer's components is evaluated to see how well it meets the minimum and recommended requirements for specific products. Recommendations are made on how to update or upgrade each component which does not meet the listed requirements. Sometimes, a simple, free software download is all that is needed. Sometimes you'll find that you need a different video card to fully experience what the game has to offer.

For more information, see our FAQs.

Has most of the Free PC Games that I know of, including Combat Arms, and it works... tells me that i cannot run Warhammer: Mark of Chaos because...

Video Card
Minimum: 128MB Video Card (GeForce4 Ti 4800+ / ATI Radeon 9200+)
You Have: NVIDIA MCP67M (GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M)
FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement.

Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 64 MB

Pretty cool.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Return to PC Games