Amazon Sells Rape Simulation Game

If you play it on your comp, lets hear about it!

Moderators: hippie_mama, verdilak

Amazon Sells Rape Simulation Game

PostPosted by verdilak » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:12 pm

Looks like Amazon is in toraburu for selling Japanese rape simulation games. Excerpt from Belfast Telegraph article:

The shocking 'rape simulator', Rapelay, is set in Japan and carries a sickening game description on the Amazon website. An MP said last night that he plans to raise the issue in Parliament.

Reviews by gaming websites have expressed horror at the basis for the game.

One website review describes "tears glistening in the young girl's eyes" as she is attacked in graphic detail.

Players begin the game by stalking a mother on a subway station before violently raping her. They then move on to attack her two daughters described as virgin schoolgirls.

Players are also allowed to enter 'freeform mode' where they can rape any woman and get other male game characters to join the attacks.

Read the article in entirety, with screengrabs of gameplay: "Amazon selling rape simulation game" (Belfast Telegraph via Games Park). Some gaming "action" from the game in question below.

Poll: Folks who play these games are...
- Dangerous
- Harmless
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Amazon Sells Rape Simulation Game

PostPosted by Cyberpaladin85 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:25 am

Well, IM(NS)HO the most likely reason people buy and play games like this is because they would never do this in real life. Personally, why they do it to virtual virtually helpless women that cry instead of virtual ones that can fight back with rage and hate in their eye that fully have the capacity to kill them is beyond me. Not that I'm implying anything, so to speak, except that the people who play these games are most likely a bunch of pussies who would most like find hunting virtual animals with a machinegun from a helicopter enjoyable as well. Weak stupid fucks. Do something challenging!

You can't call me evil, I don't believe in morals!
Cyberpaladin85
h4x0r
h4x0r

Favorite System: WEG D6

PostPosted by PhishStyx » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:29 pm

At least we now know what game Andy Reddson plays. :bad:
"Hail to the Burger King, Baby! Ook! Ook!" -Anastas

"That's not school. That's Schoolhouse Rock." - Sam Winchester

"Going to war over religion is basically killing each other to see who has the better imaginary friend." - Richard Jeni

USS Lynx | Currently Running: Shadowrun with Online Game Support
PhishStyx
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Classic Unisystem (WitchCraft)

PostPosted by NulSyn » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:11 pm

Japan is full of games like this, and they still have one of the world's lowest rape % and number of serial killer cases. :s_dunno
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:44 pm

Mixed feelings on this one; it's some special kind of twisted that people are making money on this sort of thing, but at the same time, i think anyone would prefer people to explore such urges with a computer game rather than victimize an actual person. If it keeps one extra woman from getting raped for real, then it's worth all the pervy fantasies it provokes.
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

Favorite System: Unisystem

PostPosted by Cyberpaladin85 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:45 pm

Hmmm, it seems that it looks like all the women in the game are weaker than the rapist the player plays as, as well as just cry and sob when it happens, as opposed to being just as strong or even stronger, and fighting back tooth and nail. Personally, I can't see how people can enjoy doing that in a game, if it's that easy to do. Hell, the reason I keep playing Civ4 is because even on an easy setting, the computer is a sick, devious kevtard that more than likely cheats. Because it's so fucking difficult to win, I keep playing it, despite the fact I should never have even gotten that damn game in the first place.

Yeah, I know I'm a sick, sick kevtard. At least I'm no threat what so ever to women and children at the heart of the matter.

You can't call me evil, I don't believe in morals!
Cyberpaladin85
h4x0r
h4x0r

Favorite System: WEG D6

PostPosted by Starmage21 » Mon May 04, 2009 8:03 am

I dont get what the problem is. The game was made by the Japanese FOR the Japanese, and for some reason, its available here too. Remember that fantasizing is not illegal, and not even wrong ethically.

What I see here is a bunch of people getting their panties in a bunch over a game.

Also, Grand Theft Auto made me do it!
Starmage21
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Palladium

PostPosted by Zamion » Mon May 04, 2009 5:32 pm

if this is banned it just leads to banning any game with nudity and sex in it.....its not that im pro rape games but if soem one wants it and its programed i dont see what the problem is, its no worse than capping a guy in the head on a shooter its just ideologicly were told murder is less offensive than rape...both are wrong but no ones crying over halo
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

Favorite System: ahhhh shadowrun

PostPosted by Starmage21 » Mon May 04, 2009 7:52 pm

Zamion wrote:if this is banned it just leads to banning any game with nudity and sex in it.....its not that im pro rape games but if soem one wants it and its programed i dont see what the problem is, its no worse than capping a guy in the head on a shooter its just ideologicly were told murder is less offensive than rape...both are wrong but no ones crying over halo

I honestly think people just want something to cry about when some rapist finally gets caught and uses the "Grand Theft Auto Defense" citing this game.
Starmage21
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Palladium

PostPosted by PhishStyx » Mon May 04, 2009 11:13 pm

Starmage21 wrote:I dont get what the problem is.

Starmage21, not JUST a [dickish text removed by verd] anymore. Smooth.

"Going to war over religion is basically killing each other to see who has the better imaginary friend." - Richard Jeni

PhishStyx
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

PostPosted by Zamion » Tue May 05, 2009 2:15 am

i dont see what the problem is either.......serriusly its a video game there are books and games online by racists no ones clamering to stop there freedom of speech and if they are im aginst them too.....if this is some ones idea of a fun game let them have it , its like saying the littleton colarado kids actualy practiced to kill on doom give me a break.
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Tue May 05, 2009 12:02 pm

PhishStyx wrote:
Starmage21 wrote:I dont get what the problem is.

Starmage21, not JUST a [dickish text removed by verd] anymore. Smooth.

I can see where this would have been funny if Star frequently made racist comments...but i can't seem to recall any. So Phish, please stop being a prick. Don't make me moderate your ass. :s_tongue
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by PhishStyx » Tue May 05, 2009 4:23 pm

He posted a bunch of racist "motivational posters" in this thread, then calling me an "uptight cracker" and several other names for objecting to them. I attempted to put him on Ignore, but since he's a moderator on his personal board here, I could not. I wasn't attempting to be funny. I was being insulting [dickish text removed by verd].

PhishStyx
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

PostPosted by verdilak » Tue May 05, 2009 4:44 pm

PhishStyx wrote:He posted a bunch of racist "motivational posters" in this thread, then calling me an "uptight cracker" and several other names for objecting to them. I attempted to put him on Ignore, but since he's a moderator on his personal board here, I could not. I wasn't attempting to be funny. I was being insulting because he's a racist asshole.

That thread was on a non-moderated section of this board. Don't bring any issues created there onto moderated sections of the board.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Tue May 05, 2009 4:45 pm

The thread in question was not only on the NSFW board, but also contained "NSFW" in the title. My understanding of the thread is that it was meant to be offensive by its very nature, and anyone reading it should have been prepared to be offended by reading it.
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by verdilak » Tue May 05, 2009 4:49 pm

NSFW doesnt always have to equal JUST boobies, it means anything that would not be safe to view while at work, including posters of the type that are seen on the thread Phish referenced.

With that said, this thread IS on the moderated section of the board, and since Starmage removed the offending posters from the thread you mentioned, Phish, you have yourself a warning for your post, it was quite dickish.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Zamion » Tue May 05, 2009 6:51 pm

is that first warning on the board?
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Tue May 05, 2009 7:07 pm

I think it might actually be the first lol
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by NulSyn » Tue May 05, 2009 8:14 pm

I think Star didn't mean any harm with his original postings on that other thread, but when he realized that some of us were not so cool with that type of humor, he set it aside and moved on.

Phish there is no reason to re-hash it and beat a dead horse. Just because you can't put him on your ignore, doesn't mean you have to reply like that....or at all for that matter. If I replied to everyone's postings with rants/dislikes from their previous posts, or feel like I have to post my hatred out of the blue at them....not too many people would like me I figure.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by PhishStyx » Tue May 05, 2009 9:11 pm

Feel free to get along with [dickish text removed by verd] all you like. I will not.

PhishStyx
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

PostPosted by verdilak » Tue May 05, 2009 9:25 pm

PhishStyx wrote:Feel free to get along with [dickish text removed by verd] all you like. I will not.

Wrong. He removed the offending posters in that thread. A racist wouldnt have given up like that. Plus, he hasn't put up any more posts like that, even on a fourm section that was free from moderation.

However, you do need to stop. Because if you don't, you will have shown all of us that you are worse than what you hate by being unable to control yourself.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Tue May 05, 2009 9:30 pm

Phish, I seriously don't understand the need to keep up an old beef with something that was removed by the offending party a long time ago. :s_dunno I mean, that's as good as apologizing, if not fully admitting he was wrong, am i right? So what's the issue? What would it take for you to drop the matter?
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by verdilak » Tue May 05, 2009 9:38 pm

I do have to say, that I like Grand Theft Auto games. I kill pedestrians in those games, I cheat to get flame throwers and other weapons to burn them alive and flay their skin. I run people over, blow up whatever I can, I buy sex from hookers then beat them up afterwards to get my money back. I rob and kill people at random. This is all for fun. And I have another game that is just as bad or worse, and that why I bought it.

I don't see this game, which is all about raping women, really any worse than burning people to death, killing whores for their money, running people over... it's a different kind of bad, yes, but it's not worse I don't feel.

How many people role play like they play Grand Theft Auto? Many do. Random killing of anyone who is seen to be an obstacle in the game, using seduction to get the girl (since they know if they succeed, it auto-happens), and so on.

Phish, you seem to take extreme offense to this game. I have to ask then, is murder better than or worse than rape? I ask because I very much doubt that you have never role-played killing someone.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Zamion » Tue May 05, 2009 9:53 pm

i think murder is worse than rape by far... you can get over rape.....you cant come back to life
your famly can still see you after rape, your kids can still hug you, your alive probly changed but alive.
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

PostPosted by zebraman » Thu May 07, 2009 4:28 am

I really wonder what japanese women must think of men, having only experience with japanese men to base their views on.
zebraman
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: palladium

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Thu May 07, 2009 12:28 pm

I don't know...from what i understand of the culture, men generally do/think their kinky stuff alone or with vending machine girls (see how i made a joke there?). Mostly the wives do their best to treat their men like spoiled children, and then read about romance when they're alone. Of course i'm sure there are more exceptions to this than not, but that's sort of the image they're putting out there for outsiders. And it meshes with their oldest traditions; men from the warrior and political classes lived out their fantasies with their mistresses, prostitutes, and/or geisha (three different things) on the side, and did the whole proper family thing with their socially acceptable wives. Look at just about any culture though, and the men look like depraved assholes.
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

PostPosted by Zamion » Fri May 08, 2009 12:53 am

femanazi.......... :s_tongue :s_biggrin

i kid i kid
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

PostPosted by zebraman » Fri May 08, 2009 3:47 am

hippie_mama wrote: Look at just about any culture though, and the men look like depraved assholes.

Yeah, but..

nah, youve got me there
zebraman
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

PostPosted by zebraman » Fri May 08, 2009 3:49 am

Zamion wrote:femanazi.......... :s_tongue :s_biggrin

i kid i kid

?
zebraman
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

PostPosted by Zamion » Fri May 08, 2009 5:39 pm

a femmanazi is an overly femminst person...i was teasing hippie for saying basicly all men are pigs , wich the reverse if i said all weman are overly emotional or the like id be a jerk or a sexist but she can call us all scumm the world over basicly and its cool...hence femmanazi...then i said i kid i kid as a way of showing a friendly jest what part of this did you miss zebra?
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

PostPosted by Aluman » Fri May 08, 2009 6:45 pm

really to me portmanteaus involving nazi are becoming passe.
Shazbot Says "If you can't learn how to swallow under duress, you'll never make it in show business."
Aluman
l_33t
l_33t

PostPosted by Zamion » Fri May 08, 2009 10:07 pm

its a classic term a hall mark.
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

PostPosted by Aluman » Fri May 08, 2009 10:45 pm

Nah its not, its overdone and loses its meaning.
Shazbot Says "If you can't learn how to swallow under duress, you'll never make it in show business."
Aluman
l_33t
l_33t

PostPosted by Zamion » Fri May 08, 2009 11:48 pm

like you always having the right answer or better one supposivly? :s_laughat
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

PostPosted by Aluman » Sat May 09, 2009 12:56 am

*shrugs* Doing nothing is always a bad thing :P.
Aluman
l_33t
l_33t

PostPosted by zebraman » Sat May 09, 2009 6:38 am

Zamion wrote:a femmanazi is an overly femminst person...i was teasing hippie for saying basicly all men are pigs , wich the reverse if i said all weman are overly emotional or the like id be a jerk or a sexist but she can call us all scumm the world over basicly and its cool...hence femmanazi...then i said i kid i kid as a way of showing a friendly jest what part of this did you miss zebra?

never heard the phrase femmanazi before
zebraman
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

PostPosted by Zamion » Sat May 09, 2009 4:57 pm

zebraman wrote:
Zamion wrote:a femmanazi is an overly femminst person...i was teasing hippie for saying basicly all men are pigs , wich the reverse if i said all weman are overly emotional or the like id be a jerk or a sexist but she can call us all scumm the world over basicly and its cool...hence femmanazi...then i said i kid i kid as a way of showing a friendly jest what part of this did you miss zebra?

never heard the phrase femmanazi before

see it is not over used zebra never herd it before.
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Sat May 09, 2009 7:58 pm

People from "down there" don't count. :s_laughat
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet