Gaming Resources

Talk about Tabletop Games to your heart's content. Anything and everything, as long as it's about Tabletop RPG's.

Moderators: verdilak, hippie_mama

Gaming Resources

PostPosted by verdilak » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:18 am

So, we all post a bunch here and some of those posts get forgotten. Which is why I am compiling any and all Gaming Resources already posted here, and hope that if you guys come across any Gaming Resources you will not only bookmark it (that is, if you do that) but also post about what you have found in either it's own thread (if you want to have a discussion or whatever) or post it here (if you post it as it's own thread, chances are, it will end up here as well).

So post away! What Gaming Resources out there do you know of already?

d100 list of occupations

d100 list of emotions

d100 list of noble titles

d100 list of weather

d100 list of book titles

d100 list of terrain types

d100 list of colors

d100 list of furnishings for rooms

d100 list of gems/ores

Character Portrait Generators (Heromachine, ect. Browser Based and downloadable

Databases of Icons, Mini's, & Tokens

Potion Tables

The Random Creepy Gamer Encounter Chart

[HU] Kittenstomp's Random Tables

More Spells for PB's system

[RIFTs] Random Monster/Creature Generator

Tips on Creating an Adventure

[RIFTs] Changing Landscape Random Table

Eerie Events for Horror Games

Generators for hackmaster and more (Character Stats, Character Priors, Dice Roller, ect)

Random Encounters in a Modern City

Random Items in Rifts

Random Dungeon Generator, full color!

Candlewick Manor Generator

Hook, Line & Sinker, CS Navy

GMing Hints and Tips for Newbies

Designing a Fantasy Role-playing World

Unique Way to Get a Gaming Group

Mega Shit-ton of Random Generators

Adventure Generator/Random Tables; VERY good for getting ideas when you are coming to a blank

"Pulp" plot generator

74 Free D&D Adventures

Ruby Forge Tri-Stat Dx Generator

BESM Free Char Generator

Silver Age Sentinels Char Generator

Different way of doing Alignments in PB's system

Wormwood Updates and info

Seeds From Our Past ( an After the Bomb Adventure)

PB Invocation Spell list

The Mysticism of Skills for PF; Very good ideas on how to do skills in PF

Savage Worlds Probability Calc

Tri-Stat Random Attributes

What's in that box/crate/ect. (over 5,000 items)

Interesting Places to Have Fights (Gun, Sword, Ect.)

RIFTS TIMELINE

RIFTS Map

BESM Critters
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: Gaming Resources

PostPosted by verdilak » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:19 am

ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:24 am

Zip of Fan Created Powers for HU Last Updated: November 9th, 2008
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:50 pm

Great place for Character Pics/Avatars

Some examples...

ImageImageImage
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:04 pm

Interesting page to turn images into minis for online play, but they also have a decent set of random tables

Encounters
Spoiler:
No encounters today

Picture-inspired Encounter: Use a picture of choice from any source to detail a set encounter.
Random Realm Action for PCs/Immediate area: Build Guarding Army Only affects the PCs directly or applies to their immediate surrounds. For example a result of ‘Build Structure’ whilst PC’s are in a small town may be the erection of an extra barn at the inn where the PCs are staying. If the result does not make sense treat the result as a local festival, games, contest, or religious ceremony. (It does NOT apply to realm). This is a modified “Countrycraft” article by Ray Winniger in Dragon Magazine #293, p40.)
Local Rumor: PCs hear a local rumor through gossip, poster, crier, or even get a summons by local lord/ruler.
Local Realm Random Event: Food Stores Damage Affects the local area (county/town/neighbourhood/forest etc). This effect does NOT effect the realm, just the local area where the PCs are currently. A ‘Fire’ here would indicate a sizable fire in town that may spread to several buildings.

Imagination: PC sees or hears something that is not there. They think it's a(n) Periodical-inspired Encounter: Use Dragon Magazine or an article from any other periodical that caught your eye (or choose at random J) to develop a set encounter.
Blunder/Mishap: Roll a Random Encounter for the area and write it up as a fully detailed Set Encounter including possible lair, treasure, motivations etc.
Common Annoyance: Something hinders the PC's in a minor way. This could be insects preventing them from sleeping, a mount goes lame, food is spoiled or a small animal such as a snake gets into sleeping gear. (Dragon Magazine #259 p50 has a table of Common Annoyances).

No encounters today

No encounters today

Theft: PC(s) are the target of a local thief. The thief is a petty thief (lvl 1-4).

No encounters today

PCs Witness Realm Action: Buy Resource The PCs witness their realms’/realm’s ruler(s) action or the consequences of it for this turn/season. This level of action has come from the top and has an influence on the realm. (eg: “Build Structure” here would be a new border fort, an extensive castle or a royal academy for government trained spell casters).
Local Rumor: PCs hear a local rumor through gossip, poster, crier, or even get a summons by local lord/ruler.
Random Realm Action for PCs/Immediate area: Recruit Military Strength Only affects the PCs directly or applies to their immediate surrounds. For example a result of ‘Build Structure’ whilst PC’s are in a small town may be the erection of an extra barn at the inn where the PCs are staying. If the result does not make sense treat the result as a local festival, games, contest, or religious ceremony. (It does NOT apply to realm). This is a modified “Countrycraft” article by Ray Winniger in Dragon Magazine #293, p40.)
Random Realm Event for PCs/Immediate area: Political Strife Only affects the PCs directly or applies to their immediate surrounds. (It does NOT apply to realm). For example ‘Fire’ may mean the barn where the PCs are staying catches fire. I use a modified “Countrycraft” article by Ray Winniger in Dragon Magazine #293, p40).

Blunder/Mishap: Roll a Random Encounter for the area and write it up as a fully detailed Set Encounter including possible lair, treasure, motivations etc.
Illness: PC is exposed to ailment, such as a common cold or something similar that requires Fort save DC 12. Failure results in a one-time loss of 2 points of ability damage (depending on illness). Two saves breaks the illness. There is a 10% this is a disease.
Common Annoyance: Something hinders the PC's in a minor way. This could be insects preventing them from sleeping, a mount goes lame, food is spoiled or a small animal such as a snake gets into sleeping gear. (Dragon Magazine #259 p50 has a table of Common Annoyances).

Establishment Event: The next establishment the PCs stay in an event happens. Egs: tavern brawl (of course), burglary, fire, job offer, etc This event happens whilst there.

Treasure
Spoiler:
17,000gp, Banded, eye, or moss agate; azurite; blue quartz; hematite; lapis lazuli; malachite; obsidian; rhodochrosite; tiger eye turquoise; freshwater (irregular) pearlCommon gem (7gp), Bloodstone; carnelian; chalcedony; chrysoprase; citrine; iolite, jasper; moonstone; onyx; peridot; rock crystal (clear quartz); sard; sardonyx; rose, smoky, or star rose quartz; zirconUncommon gem (50gp), Amber; amethyst; chrysoberyl; coral; red or brown-green garnet; jade; jet; white, golden, pink, or silver pearl; red spinel, red-brown or deep green spinel; tourmalineRare gem (70gp), Banded, eye, or moss agate; azurite; blue quartz; hematite; lapis lazuli; malachite; obsidian; rhodochrosite; tiger eye turquoise; freshwater (irregular) pearlCommon gem (10gp), Bloodstone; carnelian; chalcedony; chrysoprase; citrine; iolite, jasper; moonstone; onyx; peridot; rock crystal (clear quartz); sard; sardonyx; rose, smoky, or star rose quartz; zirconUncommon gem (20gp), Banded, eye, or moss agate; azurite; blue quartz; hematite; lapis lazuli; malachite; obsidian; rhodochrosite; tiger eye turquoise; freshwater (irregular) pearlCommon gem (8gp), Bloodstone; carnelian; chalcedony; chrysoprase; citrine; iolite, jasper; moonstone; onyx; peridot; rock crystal (clear quartz); sard; sardonyx; rose, smoky, or star rose quartz; zirconUncommon gem (50gp), Banded, eye, or moss agate; azurite; blue quartz; hematite; lapis lazuli; malachite; obsidian; rhodochrosite; tiger eye turquoise; freshwater (irregular) pearlCommon gem (10gp), Banded, eye, or moss agate; azurite; blue quartz; hematite; lapis lazuli; malachite; obsidian; rhodochrosite; tiger eye turquoise; freshwater (irregular) pearlCommon gem (12gp), Alexandrite, aquamarine, violet garnet, black pearl, deep blue spinel, golden yellow topazValueable gem (700gp), Emerald; white, black, or fire opal; blue sapphire; firey yellow or rich purple corundum; blue or black star sapphire; star rubyExpensive gem (1,300gp), Banded, eye, or moss agate; azurite; blue quartz; hematite; lapis lazuli; malachite; obsidian; rhodochrosite; tiger eye turquoise; freshwater (irregular) pearlCommon gem (7gp), Bloodstone; carnelian; chalcedony; chrysoprase; citrine; iolite, jasper; moonstone; onyx; peridot; rock crystal (clear quartz); sard; sardonyx; rose, smoky, or star rose quartz; zirconUncommon gem (30gp), Bloodstone; carnelian; chalcedony; chrysoprase; citrine; iolite, jasper; moonstone; onyx; peridot; rock crystal (clear quartz); sard; sardonyx; rose, smoky, or star rose quartz; zirconUncommon gem (30gp), Banded, eye, or moss agate; azurite; blue quartz; hematite; lapis lazuli; malachite; obsidian; rhodochrosite; tiger eye turquoise; freshwater (irregular) pearlCommon gem (5gp), Banded, eye, or moss agate; azurite; blue quartz; hematite; lapis lazuli; malachite; obsidian; rhodochrosite; tiger eye turquoise; freshwater (irregular) pearlCommon gem (7gp), Amber; amethyst; chrysoberyl; coral; red or brown-green garnet; jade; jet; white, golden, pink, or silver pearl; red spinel, red-brown or deep green spinel; tourmalineRare gem (130gp), Bloodstone; carnelian; chalcedony; chrysoprase; citrine; iolite, jasper; moonstone; onyx; peridot; rock crystal (clear quartz); sard; sardonyx; rose, smoky, or star rose quartz; zirconUncommon gem (20gp), Banded, eye, or moss agate; azurite; blue quartz; hematite; lapis lazuli; malachite; obsidian; rhodochrosite; tiger eye turquoise; freshwater (irregular) pearlCommon gem (10gp), Banded, eye, or moss agate; azurite; blue quartz; hematite; lapis lazuli; malachite; obsidian; rhodochrosite; tiger eye turquoise; freshwater (irregular) pearlCommon gem (12gp), Banded, eye, or moss agate; azurite; blue quartz; hematite; lapis lazuli; malachite; obsidian; rhodochrosite; tiger eye turquoise; freshwater (irregular) pearlCommon gem (5gp), Emerald; white, black, or fire opal; blue sapphire; firey yellow or rich purple corundum; blue or black star sapphire; star rubyExpensive gem (300gp), Banded, eye, or moss agate; azurite; blue quartz; hematite; lapis lazuli; malachite; obsidian; rhodochrosite; tiger eye turquoise; freshwater (irregular) pearlCommon gem (6gp), Banded, eye, or moss agate; azurite; blue quartz; hematite; lapis lazuli; malachite; obsidian; rhodochrosite; tiger eye turquoise; freshwater (irregular) pearlCommon gem (5gp), , 1 medium magic items

Weather
Spoiler:
Temperate Climate: Normal: Normal for the season

Temperate Climate: Storm: The combined effects of precipitation (or dust) and wind that accompany all storms reduce visibility ranges by three quarters, imposing a -8 penalty on Spot, Search, and Listen checks. Storms make ranged weapon attacks impossible, except for those using siege weapons, which have a -4 penalty on attack rolls. They automatically extinguish candles, torches, and similar unprotected flames. They cause protected flames, such as those of lanterns, to dance wildly and have a 50% chance to extinguish these lights. In addition to wind and precipitation (usually rain, but sometimes also hail), thunderstorms are accompanied by lightning that can pose a hazard to characters without proper shelter (especially those in metal armor). As a rule of thumb, assume one bolt per minute for a 1-hour period at the center of the storm. Each bolt causes electricity damage equal to 1d10 eight-sided dice. One in ten thunderstorms is accompanied by a tornado. In addition to the wind and precipitation common to other storms, snowstorms leave 1d6 inches of snow on the ground afterward.Thunderstorm or Snowstorm.

Desert Climate: Storm: The combined effects of precipitation (or dust) and wind that accompany all storms reduce visibility ranges by three quarters, imposing a -8 penalty on Spot, Search, and Listen checks. Storms make ranged weapon attacks impossible, except for those using siege weapons, which have a -4 penalty on attack rolls. They automatically extinguish candles, torches, and similar unprotected flames. They cause protected flames, such as those of lanterns, to dance wildly and have a 50% chance to extinguish these lights. See Table: Wind Effects for possible consequences to creatures caught outside without shelter during such a storm. These desert storms differ from other storms in that they have no precipitation. Instead, a duststorm blows fine grains of sand that obscure vision, smother unprotected flames, and can even choke protected flames (50% chance). Most duststorms are accompanied by severe winds and leave behind a deposit of 1d6 inches of sand. However, there is a 10% chance for a greater duststorm to be accompanied by windstorm-magnitude winds. These greater duststorms deal 1d3 points of nonlethal damage each round to anyone caught out in the open without shelter and also pose a choking hazard (see Drowning—except that a character with a scarf or similar protection across her mouth and nose does not begin to choke until after a number of rounds equal to 10 × her Constitution score). Greater duststorms leave 2d3-1 feet of fine sand in their wake.Duststorm.

Desert Climate: Storm: The combined effects of precipitation (or dust) and wind that accompany all storms reduce visibility ranges by three quarters, imposing a -8 penalty on Spot, Search, and Listen checks. Storms make ranged weapon attacks impossible, except for those using siege weapons, which have a -4 penalty on attack rolls. They automatically extinguish candles, torches, and similar unprotected flames. They cause protected flames, such as those of lanterns, to dance wildly and have a 50% chance to extinguish these lights. See Table: Wind Effects for possible consequences to creatures caught outside without shelter during such a storm. These desert storms differ from other storms in that they have no precipitation. Instead, a duststorm blows fine grains of sand that obscure vision, smother unprotected flames, and can even choke protected flames (50% chance). Most duststorms are accompanied by severe winds and leave behind a deposit of 1d6 inches of sand. However, there is a 10% chance for a greater duststorm to be accompanied by windstorm-magnitude winds. These greater duststorms deal 1d3 points of nonlethal damage each round to anyone caught out in the open without shelter and also pose a choking hazard (see Drowning—except that a character with a scarf or similar protection across her mouth and nose does not begin to choke until after a number of rounds equal to 10 × her Constitution score). Greater duststorms leave 2d3-1 feet of fine sand in their wake.Duststorm.

Desert Climate: Normal: Between 85° and 110° Fahrenheit during the day, 10 to 20 degrees colder at night.Hot, Wind speeds are light (0 to 10 mph).Calm

Desert Climate: Normal: Between 85° and 110° Fahrenheit during the day, 10 to 20 degrees colder at night.Hot, Wind speeds are light (0 to 10 mph).Calm

Cold Climate: Normal: Between 0° and 40° Fahrenheit during the day, 10 to 20 degrees colder at night.Cold, Wind speeds are light (0 to 10 mph).Calm

Rufio Insults
Spoiler:
Crying horsefly with a chunky twisted monkey-liver on the side!

Day-old mother-lover!

Week-old dungpile!

Month-old slug-eaten worm!

Pre-chewed camel cake with a day-old mung-tongue on the side!

Mother-loving son of a mother-loving, bloated son of a bloated slug!

Chunky slug with a pre-chewed camel cake on the side!

Barfed-up bubble-butt with a barnacled friend of a cheesy slug on the side!

Lying, month-old fly-food with a spying son of a lying, lying fart factory on the side!

Cheesy slug-eaten worm!

And a bunch more.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:16 pm

For those who like Random Name Gens... from halfling names to inn names.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:34 pm

Random Bar Encounters

Spoiler:
The funny woman (not visibly armed, but carrying a hidden melee and missile weapon) sitting in the establishment spits and hits a slender wiry woman (obviously armed with a melee weapon) .
The slender wiry funny woman (not armed) , with 1 accomplices, standing nearby in the establishment throws a handful of food and hits the PC.
A blinding flash breaks out nearby in the establishment. The PC didn't see the cause.
The good-looking thoughtful man (not visibly armed, but carrying a hidden melee weapon) sitting in the middle of the establishment belittles the PC.
The skinny drooling man (not armed) sitting in the establishment invites all men to a game of boxing.
The cheerful man (not visibly armed, but carrying a hidden missile weapon) , with 4 accomplices, sitting in the front of the establishment begins loudly praising prostitutes .
The woman (not visibly armed, but carrying a hidden missile weapon) sitting in the establishment makes a hex sign at the PC.
The conciliatory man (not armed) sitting in the establishment leans over and whispers to the PC because he/she has a job for the PC. The NPC wants to hire the PC as a champion. (The precise nature of the job will depend on the PC's skills).
The huge healthy man (not visibly armed, but carrying a hidden melee weapon) sitting nearby in the establishment cries out for someone to please help a couple.
A drunken brawl breaks out nearby in the establishment. The PC didn't see the cause.
The plump scruffy woman (not armed) , with 1 accomplices, standing nearby in the establishment boasts of having access to famous collectibles. The NPC is aware the goods are worth what they are claimed to be worth..
The devious woman (not visibly armed, but carrying a hidden missile weapon) , accompanied by a short laughing man (not armed), sitting in the establishment begins loudly insulting a foe of the PC's social class and all who defend same.
The beefy filthy drunken man (not armed) sitting in the establishment makes a hex sign at the PC because he/she has a job for the PC. The NPC wants to hire the PC as a champion. (The precise nature of the job will depend on the PC's skills)..
An eruption of laughter breaks out nearby in the establishment. The PC didn't see the cause.
The skinny man (obviously armed with a melee weapon) sitting as far as possible from the PC in the establishment claims that he/she will one day help prostitutes .
The slender fair man (not visibly armed, but carrying a hidden melee weapon) sitting nearby in the establishment spits on the PC because he/she is looking for someplace to dump sentimentally significant jewelry he/she doesn't want found on his/her person..
The healthy man (not visibly armed, but carrying a hidden melee and missile weapon) standing near the front of the establishment begins screaming.
The broad cute man (not armed) , accompanied by an oily man (not armed), sitting at the stairs of the establishment shows famous magic items/high tech gear in plain sight. The NPC is aware the goods are worth what they are claimed to be worth..
The man (not armed) , accompanied by a tall repulsive ecstatic woman (not armed), sitting in the back room of the establishment shows ancient collectibles in plain sight.
The fat man (not armed) sitting in the corner of the establishment cries out for someone to please help light-skinned people .

With many other generators on the site. Just look to the left.

Names
Elf Names
Dwarf Names
Fantasy Names 1
Orc Names
Ratmen Names
Tavern Names
Orc Clan Names
Latin-like Names
Harn-Style Names

Modern Names
All Names
Chinese, Female
Chinese, Male
French, Female
French, Male
Japanese, Female
Japanese, Male
Spanish, Female
Spanish, Male
Western, Female
Western, Male
Company Names

Treasure
Random Books
Spell Books
Orc Hoard

Encounters
Orc Hunting Party
Orc Raiding Party
Demons (High-level)
Bar Encounters

NPCs
NPC on the Street
Orc Formal Introduction
Sci-Fi Soldier
NPC Appearance
Adult Civillian (w/ stats)
Gladiator Generator
Horse Generator

Misc
Adventure Hooks
Alchemist Cookbook #2
Alchemist Cookbook
Cocktails
Critical Hits
Fortune Teller
Fumbles
Random Incantation
Megacorporations
Tabloid Headlines
Weather
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:08 pm

Dungeon Generator

This one isn't online anymore, but with Internet Archive, I pulled up the zip file so you can at least use it on your computer.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:16 pm

1st & 2nd AD&D Free Adventures and other Resources

Spoiler:
Home
1st Ed AD&D Resources
Adventure Modules
Articles
Character Classes
Character Sheets
DM Gaming Sheets
Footprints e-zine
Full Moon Story
Maps & Floorplans
New Monsters! Grrr!
PC/NPC Creators
2nd Ed AD&D Resources
Adventure Modules
1E Adventures
Adventures
Encounters
Gaming Settings
Castle & Crusades Resources
Character Sheets
1E AD&D DM Sheets
1E AD&D Player Sheets
2nd Edition AD&D
Basic D&D Sheets
Call of Cthulhu
Dragonlords RPG
Hackmaster
Lejendary Adventures
Mapping Sheets
Savage Worlds
Stormbringer
Classic D&D Resources
Contribute to DF
DF Publications
Footprints
Forums
Guestbook
Lejendary Adventures
Introduction
Articles
Character Sheets
Rules
Links
Magic Items
Add Magic Item
View Magic Items
Manual of Professions
Maps & Floorplans
Newsletters
Savage Worlds
Adventures
Character Sheets
Rules & Additions
Software Aids
Site Credits
Site Map
Spell Library
Enter the Library
Search the Library
Submit your Spell
Web Rings
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:22 pm

Some people like lead. Some people like mild steel. Others like vulcanized rubber. For those of us who just like free stuff, there are paper minis. Paper minis are download-print-cut-fold and stick. Of course, with the help of a responsible adult. Looking at my player group of 20 and 30 somethings, responsible adults are in short supply! I like the idea of paper minis: you can squash villains with a fist, if tried with their lead counterparts would result in a trip to hospital and a rather embarrassing explanation of why a skeletal necromancer is embedded in the side of your hand. Here's a selection of places where you can get hold of paper minis, from little people through to buildings and other wargamey goodness.

* D&D Buildings by Wizards of the Coast have 13 paper buildings for your Dungeons and Dragons campaign. Scaled correctly for your standard 35mm miniatures but you could use smaller by reducing the print size.
* Tiles, Houses and Heroes by Microtactix. Amongst the non-free stuff (scroll down) you'll find free gems of little buildings, modern and fantasy and fold-able characters. Smashing. I like the little WW2 houses in particular.
* Spaceships, rockets and fighters by Erick Muñoz are a Science Fiction delight. A range of ships (mostly from the PC Game Homeworld) can be used for just about any Sci Fi and they are of exceptional quality. No doubt, you'll have to have some skill to make these. Those with cack-handed boxing gloves on the ends of their arms like me might turn out abstract beauties from these highly detailed paper models.
* Horror selection from Raven's Blight has a ghoulish array of ghost houses, coffins, zombies and vampires. They lilt toward the cartoony but I think Cthulhu aficionados will find something here to amuse.
* Star Wars and Star Trek models at Skip's Paper Sci-Fi has 8 lovely ships that might require quite a lot of work but are free and splendid nonetheless.
* Star Trek mini maker by Wayne Peters is a super tool where you select body, clothing, hair, gadgets and so on. The builder makes the mini right in front you. What a great idea.
* Character paper minis in Arion Games's freebie section has a few PDFs of free minis. It's something of a hodge-podge but they minis are beautifully presented. I think it might be clever marketing by free sample but that's ok. They're rendered images, which is a nice change and makes the Sci Fi ones particularly good.
* Cartoony everything at Oversoul games amongst a raft of fabulous freeness (all on the list for future reviews) are some lovely cartoony miniatures.
* Dr Who minis by Craig Griswold, who wrote Into The Shadows has offered some smashing little minis. Ok, you might not want to use the ones that look just like the Doctors but the bad-guys, assistants and so on are generic enough to use in any moder game.
* Font based minis by S. John Ross from the creator of Encounter Critical gives us a bunch of fonts that are laid out for minis. You need to do a little more work than the PDF ones but I love them!
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:00 pm

3.5 D&D Monster Generator for Monsters and Races with Classes

Fast Monster Generation

Speed really is the killer feature in this monster generator. In the time it took me to create one monster by hand I can generate ten or twenty different monsters. Either fine tuning the same monster until I get the perfect creature to terrorise my players with or creating a dungeon’s worth of monsters to rival any party. Paul was putting the finishing touches to the tool as I was running the last couple of sessions of my Rome campaign, and even in that brief time I found it immensely useful.

A great feature of this DM’s tool is that it is online. There is nothing to download. There are no worries about viruses or that the monster generator won’t run on your machine. What’s more, you can use it at work (in your lunch hour of course).

The monster generator is FREE to use and follows all the rules of D&D 3.5 for creating monsters with classes. Paul is planning to add more features, some of which may only be available for a small fee. He is also considering adding NPC and PC generators for D&D 3.5. Tools for other games systems such as Pathfinder and D&D 4.0 will follow.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:50 pm

ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:19 am

Rifts Counters

ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:23 am

ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Rayven » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:31 pm

This has absolutely nothing to do with Pen and Paper gaming, but I can't think of where else to post it.

Board Game reviews
STARE INTO MY EYES FOREVER
LET ME TAKE YOU IN MY ARMS
DANCE WITH ME OUT IN THE GARDEN
WHERE TOMORROW NEVER COMES
FOLLOW ME INTO THE DARKNESS
WHERE THE NIGHTMARES NEVER FADE
WHISPER DREAMS MY FALLEN ANGEL
FROM WHICH YOU WILL NEVER WAKE
Religion starts wars. Spirituality ends them

Rayven
Not a Platypus
Not a Platypus

Location: Cubicle greyness...I'm surrounded by false intelligence!
Favorite System: Any

PostPosted by verdilak » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:02 am

ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:10 am

4e Monster Generator

Just use the drop downs and it makes it for you... very nice!

http://www.asmor.com/scripts/4eMonsterMathCruncher/

Level 1 Solo Soldier

Initiative: 3 Exp: 500
HP: 128; Bloodied: 64
AC: 17 Fortitude: 14 Reflex: 13 Will: 13
Increase 3 of the 4 defenses (including AC) by +2 each.
Attack bonus vs. AC: +8
Attack bonus vs. other defenses: +6
Damage Low Medium High
At-will 1d6+3 1d10+3 2d6+3
Limited 3d6+3 2d10+3 3d8+3

Action points: 2
Str: 16 (+3) Dex: 13 (+1) Wis: 13 (+1)
Con: 16 (+3) Int: 13 (+1) Cha: 13 (+1)
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:11 am

4e Monster Lists

http://www.asmor.com/scripts/4eEncounterGen/lister.php

Search by level range or by name, as well as the type or those just from specific sources.
Types
Normal
Minion
Elite
Solo
Roles
Artillery
Brute
Controller
Lurker
Skirmisher
Soldier

Sources to use
Monster Manual
Adventurer's Vault
Draconomicon: Chromatic Dragons
Manual of the Planes
Open Grave - Secrets of the Undead
Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide
H1: Keep on the Shadowfell
H2: Thunderspire Labyrinth
H3: Pyramid of Shadows
P1: King of the Trollhaunt Warrens
P2: Demon Queen's Enclave
Into the Shadowhaunt
Treasure of Talon Pass
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:34 pm

DC Heroes and MEGS character writeup site for comics, movies, ect.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:21 am

Random Crimes Generator

For example:

The suspect / perpetrator is:
Tongs

The crime they are attempting to commit is:
Dinosaur Stolen From Museum

The scene of the crime is:
Garbage Dump

Interesting and useful to get quick ideas.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:57 pm

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/mapper/launcher.htm

http://inkwellideas.com/?page_id=125 wrote:Despite being tagged "beta" (although Google has long betas for very usable software, and everything on the internet is evolving if it isn't falling into disuse) it offers many features. Dungeon size, room size, corridor size, secret doors and portcullises are some of the major map options. Additionally, a user can request room descriptions. For this feature the user can set the dungeon "level," theme (although there are only three options for this--The Demonweb's dungeon generator had many), simple adventure hooks, and one can turn on or off several things like wandering monsters and intro text. The user can also set which Dungeons and Dragons v3.5 books to use as resources for stocking the dungeon.

As one would expect for an official D&D resource, this is one of the better dungeon generators, although others are better in at least some ways. It is one of the few that offers descriptions complete with stocked monsters, but as mentioned above it has fewer themes to choose between. The maps are nice looking, although a few other dungeon generators produce maps that are just as nice and the tiles used by the Skeleton Key games dungeon generator look even nicer. Also lacking are any cavern options and like most of the other dungeon generators the rooms are basic rectangles and the corridors are pretty simple and don't bend much or go in odd directions from rooms.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:03 pm

Skeleton Key Games' Random Dungeon Generator

http://inkwellideas.com/?page_id=125 wrote:
Customization is an issue however. The generator lets you select between a number of different tilesets, but it does not allow you to set how frequent you want the rooms to be or how large or most of the other options the other generators allow. In addition to the tile set and tile size, you may only select the dungeon's number of tiles wide and high.

The dungeons this generator creates also often don't make sense. It has many more dead ends (actually, the dead ends here are worse--they sometimes end with an open wall) and rooms that are not connected. The Skeleton Key games generator also does not provide text descriptions of the dungeon or its rooms. However, the tiles are so detailed that they somewhat make up for that.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:05 pm

Hack/'s Random Dungeon Generator

http://inkwellideas.com/?page_id=125 wrote:The inclusion of caverns and multiple elevations on the same level (see the example's vertical corridor crossing over a horizontal corridor and room) make this generator worth a closer look. The generator relies on the dungeon being cut up into a number of 10x10 square tiles and each tile has a join corridor at the same spot along each of the four walls. This constrains the dungeon's design. One improvement would be to allow for some tiles to have fewer of these join points and for the generator to know that some tiles can't fit because a tile's edge may not have a corridor to join.

Unfortunately, the hack/ dungeon generator doesn't allow the user to choose any options. You simply refresh the web page until you get a design you like. However, if you want a dungeon that is mostly caverns, is very labyrinthine, has very densely packed rooms, etc., you probably won't ever get a design you like.

ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:06 pm

Gozzys' Random Dungeon Generator

http://inkwellideas.com/?page_id=125 wrote:The Gozzys site actually gives the options for two different random dungeon generators on the same page, divided in two sections.

The first section is titled "Wandering Room Type" and it includes options for map size, density maximum room width, maximum room height, background, tile set, and randomness. This represents fewer options than the other generators above offer. The background and tileset offer nice color options, however.

The second section is titled "Random Room Type." It offers options for just map size, density, background and room set. The maps it generates have a similar look, but as the title suggests the rooms can vary greatly in shape.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:08 pm

Myth Weavers' Random Dungeon Generator

Code: Select all
 Current Random Seed: 458169628

Room #1:

* Door (south, 3 from west): (concealed) wooden, good, free, behind rubbish
    * Trap
          o pit trap (20 ft. deep) (CR1) (Find/Disable DC 21)

Room #2:

* Door (west, 5 from north): wooden, simple, stuck
    * Empty

Room #3:

* Door (east, 1 from north): wooden, strong, stuck, up-sliding
    * Monsters
          o ghoul (1)
    * Treasure
          o 2,000 copper coins (20 gp)
          o Chain shirt (100 gp)
    * Trap
          o flame jet (CR2) (Find/Disable DC 21)

Room #4:

* Door (south, 3 from west): stone, free, trapped [trap: portculis trap (CR2) (Find/Disable DC 21)]
    * Features
          o pipe (smoking pipe)
          o pedestal
          o hole
          o carpet

Room #5:

* Door (east, 1 from north): wooden, simple, stuck
    * Monsters
          o dire rat (2)
    * Treasure
          o 28 gold coins (28 gp)

Room #6:

* Door (north, 2 from west): wooden, simple, stuck
    * Monsters
          o lemure (devil) (1)
    * Treasure
          o 120 gold coins (120 gp)

Room #7:

* Door (north, 4 from west): wooden, good, stuck
    * Monsters
          o dire rat (3)
    * Treasure
          o 16 gold coins (16 gp)
    * Features
          o urn
          o fallen stones
          o rack

Room #8:

* Door (east, 1 from north): wooden, good, stuck
    * Features
          o mysterious stain
          o paint
          o relief
          o sconce

Room #9:

* Door (east, 1 from north): (concealed) wooden, simple, free, side-sliding, behind tapestry
    * Monsters
          o centipede, medium-size monstrous (vermin) (2)
    * Treasure
          o 24 gold coins (24 gp)

Welcome to the Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Random Dungeon Generator, originally developed by Jamis Buck, updated and maintained by Myth-Weavers. Check out our other generators from the Site Tools menu in the navigation!

This tool allows you to generate random dungeons for the heroes of your campaign to explore. Each dungeon comes with a map, complete with rooms, their descriptions, features, monsters, and treasure. You can even save or bookmark the url of your results to come back to them later!
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:09 pm

"The Demonweb" Random Dungeon Generator

Code: Select all
General     
Dungeon Walls    Superior Masonry (Climb DC 20)
Dungeon Floor    Smooth Stone
Temperature    Cool
Illumination    Average (shadowy in corridors, lamps or torches in most rooms)
Room #1    
West Entry #1    Locked Good Wooden Door (Open Lock DC 25, break DC 18; hard 5, 15 hp)
West Entry #2    Unlocked Strong Wooden Door (hard 5, 20 hp)
East Entry    Secret (Search DC 20) Stuck Simple Wooden Door (break DC 13; hard 5, 10 hp)
South Entry    Locked Iron Door (Open Lock DC 40, break DC 28; hard 10, 60 hp)
Room Features    Alcove, Floor labyrinth, Foodstuffs (edible), Razor
Room #2    
North Entry    Stuck Strong Wooden Door (break DC 23; hard 5, 20 hp)
East Entry    Stuck Strong Wooden Door (break DC 23; hard 5, 20 hp)
Room Features    Charcoal bin, Stuffed beast
Room #3    
North Entry    Archway
East Entry    Stuck Simple Wooden Door (break DC 13; hard 5, 10 hp)
South Entry    Archway
Empty    
Room #4    
West Entry    Locked Strong Wooden Door (Open Lock DC 25, break DC 25; hard 5, 20 hp)
South Entry    Unlocked Simple Wooden Door (hard 5, 10 hp)
Room Features    Raised dais, Loom
Room #5    
North Entry    Locked Stone Door (Open Lock DC 20, break DC 28; hard 8, 60 hp)
East Entry    Secret (Search DC 20) Unlocked Strong Wooden Door (hard 5, 20 hp)
South Entry    Secret (Search DC 30) Stuck Simple Wooden Door (break DC 13; hard 5, 10 hp)
Room Features    Pool
Room #6    
East Entry    Secret (Search DC 20) Stuck Iron Door (break DC 28; hard 10, 60 hp)
South Entry    Unlocked Simple Wooden Door (hard 5, 10 hp) (slides to one side, +1 break DC)
Room Features    Chandelier, Fountain, Ladder, Oven, Shrine

http://inkwellideas.com/?page_id=125 wrote:The first page lets the user choose several options such as dungeon name, level, motif (undead, vermin, arcane, etc.), size, room size, room placement (sparse, scattered, or packed). The user can click a "Random" button to set each of these randomly. Or the user can set each and click "Construct" to build the dungeon.

Below the dungeon map is short general description of the dungeon including the type of walls, temperature and illumination.

After that is a short description of each numbered location. Each of the room's entrances described: "Locked Stone Door (Open Lock DC 25, break DC 28; hard 8, 60 hp)" for example. Then the room's contents are listed such as "Fireplace, Sconce, Winch and pulley." Finally, a trap or list of monsters (including their OGL 3.5-ish stats) is noted.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Thu May 14, 2009 7:53 pm

ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Thu May 14, 2009 7:56 pm

ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by NulSyn » Thu May 14, 2009 9:18 pm

I have folders and folders of Starfleet Battles SSDs. Anything old skool or SFU I have.And there are a lot of fan made SSDs for modern stuff on the internet.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:10 pm

ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by trollblood2008 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:53 pm

I have a place set up just for PbP games! If anyone wants to join up and post their stuff there, by all means. No stalinesque groups here....

http://trollblood2008.proboards.com/index.cgi
trollblood2008
2nd level Commoner
2nd level Commoner

PostPosted by verdilak » Thu May 27, 2010 3:36 pm

ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Thu May 27, 2010 3:37 pm

Great site for picking out a villain for your game:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Villains wrote:The bad guys. The mad scientists, the evil businessmen, the dark lords, the corrupt officials, the mortal aspects of pure evil. And more often than not, the people (or otherwise) that instigate the conflict, and the story.
Despite how one is supposed to cheer for the hero to succeed, there has always been a long standing interest in the villains. Some are renowned for their intelligence, others are awe-inspiring with simply how evil they can be. And yet others are respected because of their determination. No matter how many times the Hero kicks in the door and stops their plans, they're always back at it soon enough, with another dark scheme to further their evil goals.
It is said a hero is only as good as his rivals. Thus, a good story has a well-written villain, somebody that earns respect. What is a hero without a villain to challenge him?
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:04 am

Random Inn Generator w/Floorpalns gets more menus and tiles
A bunch of people liked my Random Inn Generator and made suggestions. Since I last posted:
-I upgraded the random menu generation twice.
-I added a second set of tiles for the upstairs where the center isn't open and contains a few storage rooms (allowing for more rooms along the wall) and a large or common room.
-I now allow you to turn off "indoor privies" and if you don't set it there is a 50/50 chance the inn will have them.
-Next up will probably be rumors followed by NPCs (staff/regulars) and more tile options. I think now all the base tiles are set, but it would be nice to have more variations.

I hope you all find it useful. Please post other suggestions, although I do have a number of other ways I'll be improving it near the bottom of the page.

http://inkwellideas.com//roleplaying_tools/random_inn/
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:18 am

In role-playing games, authentic atmosphere is a sum of many things. Regional customs, garments, architecture and names are all among things that add to a fulfilling gaming experience. Unfortunately, more often than not, every person the player characters encounter in a fantasy game has its name lifted from a popular novel, or, even worse, a phone book or a calendar.

Everchanging Book of Names (a.k.a. EBoN) is a shareware random name generator for 32/64-bit Microsoft Windows systems. Originally written to be a game master aid, it has since proven its usefulness in various situations other than role-playing, such as writing stories or naming fabrics and miniature horses. Its highly sophisticated algorithm ensures that most of the names generated by it are readily usable. Moreover, the wide selection of name sets (called chapters) ensure that the names are truly unique and come in different flavors.

http://ebon.pyorre.net/
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:23 pm

Castle of Wales, in alphabetical order : http://www.greatcastlesofwales.co.uk/castles_index.htm
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Return to General Tabletop Gaming