The Blade Its-goddamn-self

Moderators: verdilak, hippie_mama

The Blade Its-goddamn-self

PostPosted by Steve Dubya » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:59 am

I just finished reading The Blade Itself, first of the First Law series by Joe Abercrombie, last night. Sweet mother of gods, that book rocked. And the end - holy cow. Awe-some.

Good, good sword-n-sorcery action in the vein of Fritz Leiber, but with more cursing and violence.

Can't wait to start on the second, Before They Are Hanged.
ImageCheck out my Risus Variant:Image
Savage Worlds of Darkness - a conversion from Monte Cook's World of Darkness to Savage Worlds
Steve Dubya
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Just one??

Re: The Blade Its-goddamn-self

PostPosted by verdilak » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:37 pm

Well, thats certainly a review good enough to get me interested :s_thumbsup
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: The Blade Its-goddamn-self

PostPosted by Steve Dubya » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:36 am

Finished Before They Are Hanged last week, and man was it also awesome. Two of the guys I game with have read the whole trilogy so I had to get immediate resolution on a couple of points (like, do the major plotlines of the book ever intersect).

As the library don't carry Last Argument of Kings, that's as good an excuse as any for me to go out and buy it.
ImageCheck out my Risus Variant:Image
Savage Worlds of Darkness - a conversion from Monte Cook's World of Darkness to Savage Worlds
Steve Dubya
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Just one??

Return to Books!