Halo 3: Recon; Coming Next Fall

If it's XBox, lets talk about it!

Moderators: verdilak, hippie_mama

Halo 3: Recon; Coming Next Fall

PostPosted by verdilak » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:51 pm

New Halo game mystery solved
Step aside, Master Chief, there's a new super trooper in town

By Mike Smith

Ending weeks of speculation, Halo developer Bungie finally took the wraps off its newest project at a shindig in Tokyo yesterday. It's called Halo 3: Recon, and it'll be landing on the Xbox 360 next fall.

Halo 3: Recon will slot neatly into Halo 3's storyline, taking place during the events that lead up to the destruction of Earth city New Mombasa. In other words, it'll be more like an expansion to Halo 3 than a completely new game, although you won't need a copy of Halo 3 to play it. And this time around, the player is cast as a marine Orbital Drop Shock Trooper rather than the traditional Halo frontman, Spartan-armored "Master Chief."

WATCH HALO 3: RECON VIDEO

But it's still going to be a first-person shooter game, although comments from publisher Microsoft indicate Recon's tone may well be rather different to past Halo games. "While not as large or supernaturally gifted as their Spartan comrades, these 'Hell Jumpers' more than compensate with their ferocious attitudes and unwavering nerve," Microsoft said in a press release -- so in other words, Recon might well lean more towards stealthy or cover-based combat instead of Halo's usual stand-up, eyeball-to-eyeball scraps.

Although most of the current buzz is concentrating on the single-player storyline, multiplayer Halo fans needn't feel left out. Recon will include exclusive new maps for online play, and pack all the Xbox Live features that made Halo 3 so groundbreaking, including the Forge map editor, four-player co-op play, and Saved Films.

I've kinda gotten bored of halo, but then again, I havent played 2.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Return to XBox