MMORPG's

If you play it on your comp, lets hear about it!

Moderators: verdilak, hippie_mama

MMORPG's

PostPosted by verdilak » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:11 am

Okay, so I have been checking a few of them out.

WoW - Fun, but a bit grinding. Thats why I have been branching out, because with WoW you get immersion, but I lik ethe FPS-type action of Combat Arms (and War Rock, but thats yet to be seen).
War Rock - Havent played it yet, but seeing as how I tried to look for hacks and the only ones I found easily are for outdated versions, I have high hopes.
Combat Arms - Fun little game, the "Only Knives" games are hilarious... knife orgies are the best way of describing it. Decent graphics (enough to keep me happy, especialy the death), though hackers are killing the fun.
Halo CE - Its fun, more like Combat Arms with vehicles, especially the hackers.
Dungeon Runners - Havent fully dled it yet, but it looks fun.
Perfect World - dling it as well, cant wait to test it out.
Guild Wars - Want to get it and try it out as well. Badly.
Warhammer - Want to play this one as well badly. I am especially interested in the PvP.

So, anyone played any of these? Anyone have others that they play? C'mon people, lets talk about MMORPG's!
Spoiler:
please?
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: MMORPG's

PostPosted by verdilak » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:35 am

What I like about Combat Arms -

I like that when a grenade goes off, debris goes everywhere and there is smoke obscuring your vision fior a good 10-15 seconds.
It's a military-type FPS, so I like that its actually pretty difficult to tell who's on what team, and if the game you a joining doesnt have it set for no friendly fire, you can kill your team just as easily as the others, making it more "realistic" to me in the sense that a battlefield is crazy.

I like that on the snow map, you hear the crunching of snow with every footstep.

The controls are much like that of Halo, so it was pretty easy to get the hang of rather quickly.

I prefer it to halo in all respects (especially the smaller size) except for no vehicles!
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Reddenedone » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:33 am

I've played City of Heroes, Final Fantasy XI Online, and WoW.

CoH is very cool, great customization of toons, a little repetitive on the missions, but still, very cool.

I really loved FF, the travel is a little slow, and I junked out with the Auction House and Crafting... surprise.

WoW does seem to be a nice mixture of the two, but, like FF, I wish there was a little more customization.
Reddenedone
Forum Crafter
Forum Crafter

PostPosted by Shinitenshi » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:11 pm

I've seen Guild Wars and know some people that really like it, I've been wanting to try it out. I was never able to play any before because of the craptasticness of my computer, but now that I have my baby here I would like to try one out.
I just Spread the Dead. Click below to do the same and you could win $5,000! Don’t forget to check out the premiere of The Walking Dead Sunday Oct. 31 at 10/9c on AMC. http://www.amcspreadthedead.com/share?ref=331746679
Shinitenshi
Forum Temptress
Forum Temptress

Favorite System: Pally

PostPosted by NulSyn » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:08 pm

Guild Wars is what I have played most. It is awesome in that your level grinding ends at level 20 and it becomes more focused on skill builds, than who has the highest level. I am still fond of my Echo SS Necromancer.

If WoW feels like grinding to you.....don't play any F2P MMORPG out there. Such as PErfect World, Knight Online, Cabal Online, Flyff, Rappelz, Last Chaos, 9 Dragons, DOMO, etc.... You don't know the meaning of grinding till you play a F2P MMO.

Atlantica Online is good, in that is a Turn Based MMORPG, imagine a Final Fantasy Console game being made MMO. (FFXI is nothing like the console games except ideas and concepts. Gameplay is immensely different)

War Rock bored me. Most of the FPS freebies suck to me......do yourself a favor and buy the newer Counter Strike and Team Fortress 2.

Most of the free MMORPGs I have beta'd. Right now the only promising ones are Atlantica Online for it's turn based(FF style) and Runes of Magic because it emulates a WoW feel for free.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by verdilak » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:18 am

Okay... War Rock sucked balls. Combat Arms is MUCH better and its a smaller program.

Now, I had hoped that Dungeon Runners would be decent since it is apart of the same company that sells Guild Wars, but if thats the quality of just the visuals in Guild Wars, I am not feeling like I am missing anything. It's got the humor, but to be frank, i would rather play Diablo 2 LOD.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by NulSyn » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:22 am

verdilak wrote:Okay... War Rock sucked balls. Combat Arms is MUCH better and its a smaller program.

Now, I had hoped that Dungeon Runners would be decent since it is apart of the same company that sells Guild Wars, but if thats the quality of just the visuals in Guild Wars, I am not feeling like I am missing anything. It's got the humor, but to be frank, i would rather play Diablo 2 LOD.

Dungeon Runners looks nothing like Guild Wars. The point of Dungeon Runners was to make a humorous ripoff of Diablo 2, especially all the equipment and such.

You need to look at some videoes of Guild Wars if your thinking it would look anything like Dungeon Runners. Guild Wars has higher graphics than WoW.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by Starmage21 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:06 pm

It should be obvious i play WoW, but I also have accounts for:

Asheron's Call (one of the original MMOs)
Star Wars Galaxies
City of Heroes/Villains (I've got 1 hero lol, level 39 MM villain)
Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning
EVE Online

I am very heavily into WoW. I run a guild, and we're into raiding the endgame content. We have several family members that play with us as well.

Warhammer online we're just getting into.

EVE online is MSOffice online. its very fun because its one of the very few capital-ship based MMOs out there. Even combat is point and click though.
Starmage21
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Palladium

PostPosted by kalatraba » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:30 pm

This is a list of some of the best MMOG's i have played ever:

Free one's:
Requiem: Horror MMORPG
Project Powder: Snowboarding Racing Game with Tricks and stuff pretty new
S4 League: 3rd person shoot 'em up anime style
Exteel(US): NCsoft's mech 3rd person shooter
Cabal Online: MMORPG with interesting dazzling skills and action
Archlord Online: Codemaster's fantasy epic-battle game
ACE Online: 3rd person sci-fi fighter sim

Payed One's:
City Of Heroes: any1 ever wanted to be a superhero in a big city?
kalatraba
1st Level Peasant
1st Level Peasant

Favorite System: Unisystem

PostPosted by Rayven » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:38 pm

I played COH for a while...it was amusing. My brother seems to really love Warhammer Online, but I've never seen it played.
STARE INTO MY EYES FOREVER
LET ME TAKE YOU IN MY ARMS
DANCE WITH ME OUT IN THE GARDEN
WHERE TOMORROW NEVER COMES
FOLLOW ME INTO THE DARKNESS
WHERE THE NIGHTMARES NEVER FADE
WHISPER DREAMS MY FALLEN ANGEL
FROM WHICH YOU WILL NEVER WAKE
Religion starts wars. Spirituality ends them

Rayven
Not a Platypus
Not a Platypus

Location: Cubicle greyness...I'm surrounded by false intelligence!
Favorite System: Any

PostPosted by verdilak » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:00 pm

I'm mostly into FPS's now, those that are free.

Blackout is pretty decent, but crappy connection problems.

So far, Combat Arms is the best I have found for FPS action.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by wherditgo » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:28 pm

i've been messin around with guild wars again. i still enjoy the game overall, but have decided to hold off until GW2 before i sink anymore money in the franchise. from all the talk, GW2 is gonna melt my mind.
"I am wearing a vest. If I had no arms it would be a jacket." - Mitch Hedberg
wherditgo
4th level Knight
4th level Knight

PostPosted by verdilak » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:39 pm

wherditgo wrote:i've been messin around with guild wars again. i still enjoy the game overall, but have decided to hold off until GW2 before i sink anymore money in the franchise. from all the talk, GW2 is gonna melt my mind.

nod, I like the gameplay and got a 14 hour free account... but am thinking of just waiting for 2 until I buy.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by wherditgo » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:06 pm

if my brother doesn't care, i could ask him if he would mind letting you mess around on GW with his account. he doesn't play anymore.
"I am wearing a vest. If I had no arms it would be a jacket." - Mitch Hedberg
wherditgo
4th level Knight
4th level Knight

PostPosted by NulSyn » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:36 pm

yeah if GW2 is half of what they claim, it will knock my socks off.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by verdilak » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:36 pm

wherditgo wrote:if my brother doesn't care, i could ask him if he would mind letting you mess around on GW with his account. he doesn't play anymore.

That would be awesome.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by The Novastar » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:55 pm

I tend to buy a month subscription to CoX, whenever they bring out new content.
Architect is decidely interesting. Wonder if I'll have any new swag next time I log in, from people playing my missions...
The Novastar
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Just One?

PostPosted by NulSyn » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:29 pm

I am in the Beta for the new Free2play Dungeons and Dragons Online and I like it quite a bit.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by Zamion » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:09 pm

warhammer is all pvp if you want to get any good gear or skills.....the player vs enviro stuff is mostly for levals and trade goods.....that said pvp is really well done on it.
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

Favorite System: ahhhh shadowrun

PostPosted by Shinitenshi » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:10 pm

Anyone play Runes of Magic. A buddy suggested it to me. Said it's pretty fun and kind of like WoW.
I just Spread the Dead. Click below to do the same and you could win $5,000! Don’t forget to check out the premiere of The Walking Dead Sunday Oct. 31 at 10/9c on AMC. http://www.amcspreadthedead.com/share?ref=331746679
Shinitenshi
Forum Temptress
Forum Temptress

Favorite System: Pally

PostPosted by NulSyn » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:13 pm

Shinitenshi wrote:Anyone play Runes of Magic. A buddy suggested it to me. Said it's pretty fun and kind of like WoW.

Out of the free2play MMOs its definitely the closest to WoW in graphics and gameplay...its not there but the closest.
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

Return to PC Games