World of Warcraft - Private Server

If you play it on your comp, lets hear about it!

Moderators: hippie_mama, verdilak

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by verdilak » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:14 pm

Yeah, it's a BIG file.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
User avatar
verdilak
l33t
l33t
 
Posts: 8757
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:34 am
Location: twitter.com/rpgaming
Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by NulSyn » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:33 pm

Yeah I just got done setting it up again on this computer and you'll need 10-11 gigs of space available.
User avatar
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo
 
Posts: 2896
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:02 am
Location: Loganville,GA

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by NulSyn » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:44 pm

Is the Death Knight broken? I made one, but after 2 or 3 quests the teleporter quit working and now I am stuck.
User avatar
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo
 
Posts: 2896
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:02 am
Location: Loganville,GA

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by The Novastar » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:39 am

NulSyn wrote:Is the Death Knight broken? I made one, but after 2 or 3 quests the teleporter quit working and now I am stuck.

Does that mean you got 3.2 to work?
User avatar
The Novastar
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:23 pm
Favorite System: Just One?
Security: NO

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by Lexi » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:49 am

Alright, I'm bored enough to give this a try :P Someone clue me in on what I need to do.

I do have a hard disc copy of WoW (shush, I played it. On and off. About six times. :P) to install it from, just no idea how to do the patching properly.

EDIT: I lied. It's a dvd, and my laptop doesn't do DVDs anymore *cry* *goes off to find somewhere to download*
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:01 pm
Favorite System: oWoD/NWoD

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by NulSyn » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:10 pm

The Novastar wrote:
NulSyn wrote:Is the Death Knight broken? I made one, but after 2 or 3 quests the teleporter quit working and now I am stuck.

Does that mean you got 3.2 to work?

No I downloaded 3.0 then manual patched it all the way to 3.1.3
User avatar
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo
 
Posts: 2896
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:02 am
Location: Loganville,GA

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by The Novastar » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:37 pm

NulSyn wrote:
The Novastar wrote:
NulSyn wrote:Is the Death Knight broken? I made one, but after 2 or 3 quests the teleporter quit working and now I am stuck.

Does that mean you got 3.2 to work?

No I downloaded 3.0 then manual patched it all the way to 3.1.3

But, damn, is WoW's Patching wonky as all get out.
I have an older version of the game (1.5 something). I DL'd the patch that's supposed to bring it up to 2.4. It says my current game is too old to patch (needs 2.0 to patch, apparently).

I might have to actually download this monster file overnight (at 10+ Gigs). :s_no
User avatar
The Novastar
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:23 pm
Favorite System: Just One?
Security: NO

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by NulSyn » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:20 pm

Took me about 3 hours start to finish by downing the 3.0 client and all the patches to 3.1.3 from bigdownload.com
User avatar
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo
 
Posts: 2896
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:02 am
Location: Loganville,GA

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by Lexi » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:38 pm

'Bout how long will it take to get the account going? I sent an email last night, just curious.
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:01 pm
Favorite System: oWoD/NWoD

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by NulSyn » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:56 pm

Lexi wrote:'Bout how long will it take to get the account going? I sent an email last night, just curious.

No idea. Just depends on how often he checks his email I guess.
User avatar
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo
 
Posts: 2896
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:02 am
Location: Loganville,GA

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by Reddenedone » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:41 pm

NulSyn wrote:Is the Death Knight broken? I made one, but after 2 or 3 quests the teleporter quit working and now I am stuck.



Death Knight quests are broken, but GM Bryan has a macro to complete all Death Knight quests for you and to tp you to the regular zones. I'll let him know you need help.
User avatar
Reddenedone
Forum Crafter
Forum Crafter
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:17 am

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by Reddenedone » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:43 pm

NulSyn wrote:
Lexi wrote:'Bout how long will it take to get the account going? I sent an email last night, just curious.

No idea. Just depends on how often he checks his email I guess.


He should check it tonight when he gets off work. His wife (me) wasn't feeling good last night and he cleaned up the house instead of doing his GM duties.
User avatar
Reddenedone
Forum Crafter
Forum Crafter
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:17 am

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by The Novastar » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:48 pm

Reddenedone wrote:
NulSyn wrote:
Lexi wrote:'Bout how long will it take to get the account going? I sent an email last night, just curious.

No idea. Just depends on how often he checks his email I guess.


He should check it tonight when he gets off work. His wife (me) wasn't feeling good last night and he cleaned up the house instead of doing his GM duties.

<Yoda Voice>Well-trained, I see he is.</Yoda Voice> :s_wink
User avatar
The Novastar
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:23 pm
Favorite System: Just One?
Security: NO

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by Lexi » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:51 pm

The Novastar wrote:
Reddenedone wrote:
NulSyn wrote:
Lexi wrote:'Bout how long will it take to get the account going? I sent an email last night, just curious.

No idea. Just depends on how often he checks his email I guess.


He should check it tonight when he gets off work. His wife (me) wasn't feeling good last night and he cleaned up the house instead of doing his GM duties.

<Yoda Voice>Well-trained, I see he is.</Yoda Voice> :s_wink


:O And people wonder why I don't date women :P *is totally kidding, he runs awaaaaaaaaaaaay from the angry mob*
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:01 pm
Favorite System: oWoD/NWoD

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by The Novastar » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:08 pm

Lexi wrote:
The Novastar wrote:
Reddenedone wrote:
NulSyn wrote:
Lexi wrote:'Bout how long will it take to get the account going? I sent an email last night, just curious.

No idea. Just depends on how often he checks his email I guess.


He should check it tonight when he gets off work. His wife (me) wasn't feeling good last night and he cleaned up the house instead of doing his GM duties.

<Yoda Voice>Well-trained, I see he is.</Yoda Voice> :s_wink


:O And people wonder why I don't date women :P *is totally kidding, he runs awaaaaaaaaaaaay from the angry mob*

Pffft.
Like men are any better. :s_crazy
User avatar
The Novastar
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:23 pm
Favorite System: Just One?
Security: NO

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by Lexi » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:11 pm

The Novastar wrote:
Lexi wrote:
The Novastar wrote:
Reddenedone wrote:
NulSyn wrote:
Lexi wrote:'Bout how long will it take to get the account going? I sent an email last night, just curious.

No idea. Just depends on how often he checks his email I guess.


He should check it tonight when he gets off work. His wife (me) wasn't feeling good last night and he cleaned up the house instead of doing his GM duties.

<Yoda Voice>Well-trained, I see he is.</Yoda Voice> :s_wink


:O And people wonder why I don't date women :P *is totally kidding, he runs awaaaaaaaaaaaay from the angry mob*

Pffft.
Like men are any better. :s_crazy


They really aren't, lol.
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:01 pm
Favorite System: oWoD/NWoD

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by The Novastar » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:11 am

Well, everything is working.
Logged in, and got my Troll Rogue through the first area (lvl 6).
User avatar
The Novastar
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:23 pm
Favorite System: Just One?
Security: NO

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by NulSyn » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:59 am

It'll be a few days before I am back on. I need to put it on this unit since my desktop is going to another room.
User avatar
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo
 
Posts: 2896
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:02 am
Location: Loganville,GA

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by Lexi » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:25 am

I've been on for a day or so now :D Lumina - Blood Elf Mage, rawr.
Lexi
4th level Knight
4th level Knight
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:01 pm
Favorite System: oWoD/NWoD

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by NulSyn » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:07 pm

The Novastar wrote:Well, everything is working.
Logged in, and got my Troll Rogue through the first area (lvl 6).

Whats the name?
User avatar
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo
 
Posts: 2896
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:02 am
Location: Loganville,GA

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by The Novastar » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:19 am

NulSyn wrote:
The Novastar wrote:Well, everything is working.
Logged in, and got my Troll Rogue through the first area (lvl 6).

Whats the name?

With the reboot, Troll Warrior named Hogwash!
User avatar
The Novastar
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:23 pm
Favorite System: Just One?
Security: NO

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by Archon » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:09 pm

A quick question before i do this.

is this still active or has it died?
Archon
1st Level Peasant
1st Level Peasant
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:03 pm
Favorite System: None
Security: NO

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by Reddenedone » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:18 pm

It is still active. The server is currently unplugged, but it should be up later this evening.
User avatar
Reddenedone
Forum Crafter
Forum Crafter
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:17 am

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by The Novastar » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:07 pm

Yeah, sorry I haven't been on more, but DDO is seriously eating my soul.
I did not think, I'd enjoy DDO so very, very much.
User avatar
The Novastar
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:23 pm
Favorite System: Just One?
Security: NO

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by Reddenedone » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:06 am

No worries. We keep the server mainly running for us. People are always welcome, but not obligated to stay.
User avatar
Reddenedone
Forum Crafter
Forum Crafter
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:17 am

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by NulSyn » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:15 pm

Yeah I come and go based on how much school is kicking me about :s_crazy
User avatar
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo
 
Posts: 2896
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:02 am
Location: Loganville,GA

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by silumor » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:16 pm

Servers still running I check my e-mail atleast 2 times a day
the reason I dont have a web sign-up page is cause of hackers.
no page means the only way they can get me is to hack the DNS I use...good luck with that
Image
I am Sofa King We Tar Did!
User avatar
silumor
1st Level Peasant
1st Level Peasant
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:44 pm
Favorite System: Nintendo ;0)

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by The Novastar » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:33 pm

Any special plans for X-mas? :s_biggrin
User avatar
The Novastar
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God
 
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:23 pm
Favorite System: Just One?
Security: NO

Re: World of Warcraft - Private Server

PostPosted by silumor » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:29 am

First post updated
Currently patch up with retail server
Image
I am Sofa King We Tar Did!
User avatar
silumor
1st Level Peasant
1st Level Peasant
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:44 pm
Favorite System: Nintendo ;0)

Previous

Return to PC Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron