RULES

If you have questions about the site, need something (like personal forums), want something added to the site (like bbcodes or what ever), thank you's, ect.
Welcome Threads go here as well, so if you are new, come say hello!

Oh, and if you are wondering what the sound is when you are here, it's probably the chat which is at the bottom of every page :)

Click below to add our Active Topics RSS to the reader of your choice.

Moderators: verdilak, hippie_mama

RULES

PostPosted by verdilak » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:22 am

Here are the RULES. They are important for everyone to read and understand. If you do not understand any part of the rules, please ask for more clarification.

RULE #1

Don't be a Dick.

Exception: You CAN be a dick in the Fun and Fancy Free forum. No seriously, you can. Have fun!

These RULES have been brought to you today by all the craptastic Mods out there that dont let you do shit.
ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
To the human body, a spoonful of flour and a spoonful of sugar are identical.
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

Favorite System: TS, GG, SoZ, ect.
Security: NO

Re: RULES

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:45 pm

Addendum:

Don't be a bitch either.

We here at RPGaming are all about equal rights, and we would hate for our rules to exclude anyone based on sex. :mrgreen:
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

Favorite System: Unisystem

PostPosted by verdilak » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:37 pm

Not RULES per se, but you should live by at LEAST one of these.

ImageImage
"I'm imagining Kiera Knightly, Katherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina and Meg Fox sitting around your map wearing bandanas vigorously shaking fists full of d20s." - Aval Penworth, in regards to a map I made
"We're talking about the GM that made us fight giant Fruit, Verd is totally unpredictable." - Nikurasu (one of my players)
Everyone is an atheist about some gods, we just went one god further. - Richard Dawkins
Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It is where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more." - Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Zamion » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:27 pm

thoose tablets should say up up down down left right left right a b selct start...thoose are the clasic gaming code .. to end all
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

Favorite System: ahhhh shadowrun

PostPosted by Aluman » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:57 pm

Thats only for the church of the Akklaim.
Shazbot Says "If you can't learn how to swallow under duress, you'll never make it in show business."
Aluman
l_33t
l_33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:42 pm

Addendum:

If you make duplicate accounts, that means you are being a dick or a bitch, and guess what that means? Yup, you guessed it. Perma Bans. As well as me contacting your ISP regarding your activities. Have a Nice Day.

Anyone who has already done this as of this post time, has 24 hours to contact me regarding their duplicate accounts before I start swinging the axe, so to speak.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:52 pm

If anyone is curious, especially new users (since they should read the rules heh), newly registered accounts are set up so that they can ONLY see the Help Desk Forum.

There is a reason for this.

I have a Cease and Desist against [numbnuts], a Moderator at a decently well known Game Publisher's Forums and he has been trying to get around the board to see the additional boards that Guests cannot see.

So, to fix this, I check the IP's of new registrants, and wait for them to reply to their welcome thread before making them a Full Member. I may, if I am suspicious, PM a few questions. This is done to protect myself, my wife, the other posters here, and so on. The quickest way to be a full member is to have someone else vouch for you, or in your Welcome Thread post some information about yourself like where you are from (region is fine, i dont need nor do I want an address), interests, how you found the site, and so on.

I am just posting this little "Head's Up" in case any new member wonders why they an only see 1 forum when as a Guest they could see much more. There is a reason for this madness :s_biggrin and I hope noone thinks badly of me for taking this added layer of protection.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Shinitenshi » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:36 pm

I have a friend that registered, but hasn't gotten a confirmation e-mail. NobodyOdin is his name if you come across it...thanks :s_biggrin
I just Spread the Dead. Click below to do the same and you could win $5,000! Don’t forget to check out the premiere of The Walking Dead Sunday Oct. 31 at 10/9c on AMC. http://www.amcspreadthedead.com/share?ref=331746679
Shinitenshi
Forum Temptress
Forum Temptress

Favorite System: Pally

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:41 pm

no nobodyodin's, but someone registered with unknown_nobody as a username? Same guy? If so, I can give you the email he used to register with.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Shinitenshi » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:43 pm

yeah that's him, he said he never got his confirmation e-mail
I just Spread the Dead. Click below to do the same and you could win $5,000! Don’t forget to check out the premiere of The Walking Dead Sunday Oct. 31 at 10/9c on AMC. http://www.amcspreadthedead.com/share?ref=331746679
Shinitenshi
Forum Temptress
Forum Temptress

PostPosted by Reddenedone » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:37 am

Better safe than sorry.
Reddenedone
Forum Crafter
Forum Crafter

PostPosted by verdilak » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:28 pm

Reddenedone wrote:Better safe than sorry.

I am glad everyone is cool with how I am doing it.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Shinitenshi » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:09 pm

Yeppers...doing a great job!
Shinitenshi
Forum Temptress
Forum Temptress

PostPosted by verdilak » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:14 pm

ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Rayven » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:08 pm

I have a question. You say I can't be a dick. Can I be an ass instead?
STARE INTO MY EYES FOREVER
LET ME TAKE YOU IN MY ARMS
DANCE WITH ME OUT IN THE GARDEN
WHERE TOMORROW NEVER COMES
FOLLOW ME INTO THE DARKNESS
WHERE THE NIGHTMARES NEVER FADE
WHISPER DREAMS MY FALLEN ANGEL
FROM WHICH YOU WILL NEVER WAKE
Religion starts wars. Spirituality ends them

Rayven
Not a Platypus
Not a Platypus

Location: Cubicle greyness...I'm surrounded by false intelligence!
Favorite System: Any

PostPosted by verdilak » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:15 pm

As long as your ass isnt a dick, i dont see why not :s_biggrin
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Rayven » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:18 pm

Umm...

Ow. I think you broke my brain...it just tried to describe a donkey being a l33t dick on teh intarwebz.

Rayven
Not a Platypus
Not a Platypus

PostPosted by verdilak » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:19 pm

We all have our talents :s_rofl
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by hippie_mama » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:25 pm

We all know how much one likes to piss of Palladium, or throw things back into their faces, or even to try and show the other blinded fan boys from the Cult of Kevin how fake their idol is, but....

Addendum:

Do not cross-post direct or indirect quotes from our hidden boards. Vague references may be excused on a case-by-case basis, but any information that would point directly to a member or reveal something shared in confidence is a dick thing to do. Do not do it.
hippie_mama
Creep Magnet
Creep Magnet

Favorite System: Unisystem

PostPosted by chromalfean » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:07 am

Guys,

n00b here. I'm dropping my membership and just wanted to give a head's up as to why, in case anybody is interested, which I kinda doubt. you guys need to follow your own rules. mainly #1 and following addendums (i.e. don't be a dick / bitch). nobody likes to join a new board hoping to find new friends and walk into having their "pet" system(s) being bashed to death.

yes, I play Palladium and no, I'm not a huge "fanboy". is the system perfect? not by a long shot. does it have holes? absolutely. big black holes, as a matter of fact, that systematically consume every ounce of logic or reason they come in contact with or pass the event horizon (point of no return). truth is, it's the single most jacked up system I've ever played or run across.

it absolutely confounds me sometimes as I sit and shake my head at conflicting rules just going "wtf?", BUT for whatever insane reason, I still like it. some of it's familiarity, I'm simply more familiar with this system than just about any other, along with all it's glaring and numerous defects. I've played many of the more popular systems, and like (most of) them (tristat, white wolf, d20), but again for whatever insane reason didn't stick.

I try to be open minded and respect other gamers, and by association the games they play, and would like the same consideration in return. no system is perfect. some have more flaws than others (obviously), but I'm not gonna waste time debating whose "pet" system is "best" (my kid has these arguements with his friends. he's 8 and I think this is likewise just as juvenile) or defending any of them, including mine, and shouldn't be compelled or feel the need to do so.

bottom line, it just comes down to personal preference, and I didn't walk into this site with a warm fuzzy that mine was being respected, but rather badly dissed. maybe playing Palladium makes me a masochist, but I still require respect. it's a two-way street so ante up if you expect any from me in return.

also sat and watched a mod post in chat that he created a duplicate account with an admin present. not a word was said despite the posted rule to the contrary. practice what you preach 'cause frankly, you guys come off as the "fan boys". your "mutual-admiration-society" approach to your own "pet" games and anti-"other"-game-system sentiments and bashing is kinduva turn-off to the rest of us who play those "other" game systems.

chromalfean
1st Level Peasant
1st Level Peasant

Favorite System: Palladium

PostPosted by NulSyn » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:49 am

chromalfean wrote:Guys,

n00b here. I'm dropping my membership and just wanted to give a head's up as to why, in case anybody is interested, which I kinda doubt. you guys need to follow your own rules. mainly #1 and following addendums (i.e. don't be a dick / bitch). nobody likes to join a new board hoping to find new friends and walk into having their "pet" system(s) being bashed to death.

yes, I play Palladium and no, I'm not a huge "fanboy". is the system perfect? not by a long shot. does it have holes? absolutely. big black holes, as a matter of fact, that systematically consume every ounce of logic or reason they come in contact with or pass the event horizon (point of no return). truth is, it's the single most jacked up system I've ever played or run across.

it absolutely confounds me sometimes as I sit and shake my head at conflicting rules just going "wtf?", BUT for whatever insane reason, I still like it. some of it's familiarity, I'm simply more familiar with this system than just about any other, along with all it's glaring and numerous defects. I've played many of the more popular systems, and like (most of) them (tristat, white wolf, d20), but again for whatever insane reason didn't stick.

I try to be open minded and respect other gamers, and by association the games they play, and would like the same consideration in return. no system is perfect. some have more flaws than others (obviously), but I'm not gonna waste time debating whose "pet" system is "best" (my kid has these arguements with his friends. he's 8 and I think this is likewise just as juvenile) or defending any of them, including mine, and shouldn't be compelled or feel the need to do so.

bottom line, it just comes down to personal preference, and I didn't walk into this site with a warm fuzzy that mine was being respected, but rather badly dissed. maybe playing Palladium makes me a masochist, but I still require respect. it's a two-way street so ante up if you expect any from me in return.

also sat and watched a mod post in chat that he created a duplicate account with an admin present. not a word was said despite the posted rule to the contrary. practice what you preach 'cause frankly, you guys come off as the "fan boys". your "mutual-admiration-society" approach to your own "pet" games and anti-"other"-game-system sentiments and bashing is kinduva turn-off to the rest of us who play those "other" game systems.

Well first off, there are many other systems bashed here besides Palladium, but you seem to have missed the fact that most of the members here are ones that use to be huge Palladium fans and have been comppletely and totally dissed by the company, KS, or the Pally community on their own boards.........it's one of the biggest reasons this site exists. Hell we even have one or two of the dissed freelance writers for Palladium posting here.
And if bashing game systems == Being a dick to you, I believe you are the one who has problems with being close to special olympics, not us. Go to Pally's board they bash other stuff, go to RPGnet, they make a living of bashing other games, go to any other RPG game site and show me one that doesn't talk of their opinions good or bad towards a system.

This site was created for people to say what they want, the being a dick rule is for things that really matter(racism, harrasment etc...).......not to protect people who feel emotionally involved with a game system and have no emotional armor for people who dislike their "fave".

My advice would be to #1 Get over it. or #2 Leave. Looks like your already doing #2...so see ya later. When you find the miracle of a game site that doesn't express dislike for certain systems maybe you can let us know the promise land has been found?
your "mutual-admiration-society" approach to your own "pet" games and anti-"other"-game-system sentiments and bashing is kinduva turn-off to the rest of us who play those "other" game systems.

Find another site, we never advertised as a "EVERY SYSTEM RESPECTED" website, quite the contrary...as stated before most of us are people Palladium REALLY pissed off. Like I said, get some emotional armor, I think your fave game sucks donkey balls........live with it.
I also think ORE is a crappy system, that Eric Gibson was really killing WEG(maybe turning around), that some other sites pet systems aren't that good(see the Unknown Armies thread) etc......
You obviously expected something from this site that it is not and never claimed to be.
I also find it funny that there seems to be ZERO threads were you discussed anything with anyone on the forums, instead you read things that you don't like and decided to post a rant about how you dislike what the site is and call people here retards and juveniles(this is virtually the definition of trolling), like someone kicked sand in your face or made fun of your favorite dolly. You can only be mad at yourself for having expectations of this website you made up for yourself....
NulSyn
Forum Hippo
Forum Hippo

PostPosted by chromalfean » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:01 pm

...talk about someone needing some emotional armor...jeez...I rest my case...
chromalfean
1st Level Peasant
1st Level Peasant

PostPosted by PhishStyx » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:04 pm

chromalfean wrote:...talk about someone needing some emotional armor...jeez...I rest my case...

And here I thought you were going away. No, you just wanted to see if you could stir up shit, and that's no good unless you come back to look at the mess you create.

It's funny, just the other day, I complained on another section of this message board that there is noone here to defend Palladium . . . to tell all the reasons that we're wrong about the rules and the shit way they treat fans and all the other stupid bullshit they pull. And then you come along to prove that an impossibility, but to remind us of why we all became "HaterZZ" in the first place. Congratulations.

I mean this point sincerely, if you want to actually defend Palladium's ragged tattered honor, then stick around and do so. I think most of us are happy to argue your points. Feel free to present them. But if the best you can do is what I've seen so far (that'd be the above posts), you really ought to leave now because the rest of us are going to turn you into so much ground meat.
"Hail to the Burger King, Baby! Ook! Ook!" -Anastas

"That's not school. That's Schoolhouse Rock." - Sam Winchester

"Going to war over religion is basically killing each other to see who has the better imaginary friend." - Richard Jeni

USS Lynx | Currently Running: Shadowrun with Online Game Support
PhishStyx
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Classic Unisystem (WitchCraft)

PostPosted by Rayven » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:29 pm

Much as I hate to say this, I agree with Phishstyx. I used to love Palladium (the company). I still do play Palladium games when I get a chance. However, I will never buy another Palladium book after the way they treated me on THEIR OWN FORUMS. I have not even gone to their site in over 2 years.

Also, did you even notice that about 90% or more of the PbP and PbC games on this site are Palladium games? I mean, seriously. We all (except NulSyn) still own and play Palladium games. We have this site so that we can vent and pick apart the fucked up things that the company does, not only to their fans, but even to the people who write their books (case in point, Citizen Lazlo).

Way I see it, you've got 3 options, really.
1) Stay and defend Palladium. We won't belittle you for that.
2) Stay and avoid the Game Bashing forum. It ain't that hard to not read something that you know will enflame your sensitivities.
3) Bugger off.

The choice is yours.

Rayven
Not a Platypus
Not a Platypus

PostPosted by Reddenedone » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:19 pm

It's the company I'm pissed at... not the game system.
Reddenedone
Forum Crafter
Forum Crafter

PostPosted by PhishStyx » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:41 pm

Rayven wrote: We all (except NulSyn) still own and play Palladium games.

Actually, I don't use my Palladium books much these days, but I do still have them.
"Hail to the Burger King, Baby! Ook! Ook!" -Anastas

"That's not school. That's Schoolhouse Rock." - Sam Winchester

"Going to war over religion is basically killing each other to see who has the better imaginary friend." - Richard Jeni

USS Lynx | Currently Running: Shadowrun with Online Game Support
PhishStyx
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Classic Unisystem (WitchCraft)

PostPosted by Svartalf » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:43 pm

For that matter, Neither do I... I even stowed most of my pb stuff in rather hard to get places last time I had to reorganize my shelf space.

And that's for reading /viewing/checking purposes... it's been years that I've actually played any pb game.
PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Geronimo the Commie Atheist
Svartalf
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Shadowrun

PostPosted by Rayven » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:21 pm

Yeah, but you guys do at least still own the stuff, hence not contradicting my point.

Rayven
Not a Platypus
Not a Platypus

PostPosted by verdilak » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:37 pm

chromalfean wrote:
also sat and watched a mod post in chat that he created a duplicate account with an admin present. not a word was said despite the posted rule to the contrary.

1. I'm confused about this. Explain please, because it is against the rules, however, I have three accounts here. One that is called Admin for when a glaring official voice is needed, and I have one called tastingpants, for when I need to test out an account with little to no permissions. yeah, I am breaking my own rule, but I made the board, the board came with the Admin username and I cannot get rid of it, and I make changes to the board that necessitate a low-permission username.

2. Well shit guys, you all said what I wanted to. Nul, Rayven, Phish, Red... you all said what I would have. :s_biggrin

Shit man, we hate palladium the company, a good percentage of us really dislike the system, and a good percentage of those cannot even play the game anymore because of it. However, look at the chat and pbp games here. There is 4 out of 14 games that are not palladium, and 2 have yet to get off the ground.

Seriously? Since you have such a lack of reading comprehension and an inability to scroll down on the main page, then it's probably best that you don't stay here. We game and we like to read in equal parts. You cannot seem to be able to do the latter.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Lando » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:02 pm

Greetings,

I'm new, Starmage invited me to join to play in a PfRPG game and possibly a HU game. I have lots of likes and dislikes amongst the 30 or so game systems I own. I enjoy Palladium and many other systems and use what I like and don't use what I don't like. Simple as that. Sure, I've said my piece about them here and there on the 'net and in chat rooms, but nothing is perfect.
Lando
1st Level Peasant
1st Level Peasant

PostPosted by Svartalf » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:08 am

Rayven wrote:Yeah, but you guys do at least still own the stuff, hence not contradicting my point.

You're right, I should sell all the crappy, really useless stuff that I never want to use ever again, but the stuff I'll still keep will still make huge holes in the collection. Plus, so long as I can't handles funds online (and open a paypal account), I'm damn restricted in my selling options, since I can't even put it up on ebay or graigslist or whatnot... and if I just bring it to my local store for secondhand resale, I'll just get next to nothing for it.
Svartalf
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:50 am

Svartalf wrote:
Rayven wrote:Yeah, but you guys do at least still own the stuff, hence not contradicting my point.

You're right, I should sell all the crappy, really useless stuff that I never want to use ever again, but the stuff I'll still keep will still make huge holes in the collection. Plus, so long as I can't handles funds online (and open a paypal account), I'm damn restricted in my selling options, since I can't even put it up on ebay or graigslist or whatnot... and if I just bring it to my local store for secondhand resale, I'll just get next to nothing for it.

Have you looking into the companies that sell your stuff on ebay for you? That way you wouldnt have to deal with online funds at all.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Svartalf » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:25 am

I still prefer to wait until I can really handle funds before I do any such things... if it goes to my bank account, I won't have any control over it.
My financial situation is real messy, and the only money I can touch is cash, and I don't decide how much I draw, regardless of how much is actually available.

So my incentive to sell in anything that is not straight cash (notoriously the worst return), is pretty weak, unless I'm actually in such need of the cash I'd be selling my body on the street next, or I so need the room I don't care that I'm selling it for a song.
Svartalf
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

PostPosted by verdilak » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:30 am

K, just checking. It's hard to deal with just cash so I am out of ideas there.
ImageImage
verdilak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted by Svartalf » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:13 pm

no matter :s_smile ... I know I'm an economic cripple until the Man decides I can become a normal guy again.
Svartalf
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

PostPosted by The Novastar » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:37 pm

Reddenedone wrote:It's the company I'm pissed at... not the game system.

An important distinction, one that's saved me a lot of grief over the years.
...and the reason I basically hang out in SO and Gamers anymore, on the PMB. :s_no
The Novastar
9th level Demi-God
9th level Demi-God

Favorite System: Just One?

PostPosted by Zamion » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:25 pm

ahhhhhhh
i still like palladium and blindly buy every new product. speak for yourselves bastards.......i like rifts and pally....heheheh and i dont care if kevin calls you all tools in name himself im still buying his books hehehehehe he can even call me a tool personaly i dont really care ....as ive never met him and if he died tomarrow id just be lacking the books he made...

:s_howdy
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

PostPosted by Reddenedone » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:18 pm

Zamion wrote:ahhhhhhh
i still like palladium and blindly buy every new product. speak for yourselves bastards.......i like rifts and pally....heheheh and i dont care if kevin calls you all tools in name himself im still buying his books hehehehehe he can even call me a tool personaly i dont really care ....as ive never met him and if he died tomarrow id just be lacking the books he made...

:s_howdy

Minor correction - you'd be lacking the books he didn't fuck up.
Reddenedone
Forum Crafter
Forum Crafter

PostPosted by Zamion » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:03 am

i have stupid rdf manuels and the crappy wepon compendiums so im fully stocked on worthless palli books im serrius i blindly buy all new books from that company .
Zamion
l_33t
l_33t

Return to Help Desk